It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: So what do you think? "Avi's story"  (Read 154854 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
So what do you think? "Avi's story"
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2011, 02:50:39 PM »
(just between us- if my husband started any investigation of this type- I would be infuriated. Not sure if all the lips stay "untouched")))))))))))))))))))))
Just kidding (not)  :D :D :D

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2011, 02:54:05 PM »
(just between us- if my husband started any investigation of this type- I would be infuriated. Not sure if all the lips stay "untouched")))))))))))))))))))))

Are you kidding about "being  infuriated" or "not sure if all the lips stay "untouched", or both?  :D

Offline Doll

« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2011, 02:57:57 PM »
Are you kidding about "being  infuriated" or "not sure if all the lips stay "untouched", or both?  :D
The latter

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2011, 03:08:32 PM »

He had nothing to loose, I mean the property division.
He would be granted the divorce anyway.
What state is it?

Last question first:  Virginia.
Not likely he would have to pay much in property division on account of such a brief marraige. What he was concerned about was the costs he would have to pay to his attorney for his services. Every divorce case that goes to court to be contested usually costs at least $10,000 to pay one's own attorney for his services. There are other costs as well. Avi had experience in avoiding all these costs with the divorce with his first wife. They divorced "peaceably" and remained friends. Avi wanted the same with Yelena however he was not going to help her get a green card. That is where the problem came in for him.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2011, 03:13:01 PM »
The latter

I'm also not a violent person.  But I guess I would be infuriated by an investigation organized my partner only in a case if I had to hide something shameful and "wrong doing" :D

Offline Doll

« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2011, 03:28:33 PM »
I'm also not a violent person.  But I guess I would be infuriated by an investigation organized my partner only in a case if I had to hide something shameful and "wrong doing" :D
I would be mad in both cases. This is just human nature.
Yes, Maxx, I've read the Virginia divorce law- Ivy's was right in "proving the adultery".
So, this 30 minutes court hearing happen before or after DVC ? I mean were there 2 "courts"?

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »
Yes, Maxx, I've read the Virginia divorce law- Ivy's was right in "proving the adultery".
So, this 30 minutes court hearing happen before or after DVC ? I mean were there 2 "courts"?

Uncertain what you mean. Also I might not have every answer. I am not familiar with Virgina court protocol.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »

Would you be infuriated if you were cheating on your husband even before marriage the way Avi's wife was?

She probably gave him ample clues as to the cheating, hence the investigations.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Doll

« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
Would you be infuriated if you were cheating on your husband even before marriage the way Avi's wife was?

She probably gave him ample clues as to the cheating, hence the investigations.
I mean that there is always some "hot discussion" when one spouse tells the other one about this sort of investigation.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2011, 04:56:36 PM »

Human nature is different from person to person  :)

I would not be mad, but I of course would ask and have a talk with my partner if there was something about me that bothered him so much.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2011, 12:58:18 PM »
I mean that there is always some "hot discussion" when one spouse tells the other one about this sort of investigation.

Under these conditions the investigations were completely warranted and justified. Yes, there would be a hot discussion: "How DARE you have me investigated while I am cheating on you!"
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
GQBlues, correspondence and video by investigator is not speculations and hypothesis but evidence that was also taken by the court and statements by witnesses as well  ;D

OlgaH-

Ironically enough, Maxx himself provided a video in this thread as to why it is so critical to harness and present the other side of the story to arrive to some semblance of contrast, balance and ultimately, the truth...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CaMUfxVJVQ&feature=related[/youtube]

:P
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »
OlgaH-

Ironically enough, Maxx himself provided a video in this thread as to why it is so critical to harness and present the other side of the story to arrive to some semblance of contrast, balance and ultimately, the truth...

We need to send your post and Maxx's video to the Immigration court  :P

As we already know the Civil court heard two sides and made its decision   ;)  : Yelena was refused additional money she wanted, she was ordered to leave Avi's apartment, and even a prenuptial agreement was annulled.

I agree it would be interesting to hear from Yelena why she lost in the Civil court.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:13:40 PM by OlgaH »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2011, 08:47:34 PM »

Does anyone know when Daveman will get back? I heard he is in Moscow and will be offline for a while.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:50:31 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2011, 06:57:08 AM »
Does anyone know when Daveman will get back? I heard he is in Moscow and will be offline for a while.
IIRC, he was planning to stay 3 months 'over there'.
Milan's "Duomo"

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »
IIRC, he was planning to stay 3 months 'over there'.

I don't recall the duration but, it was a lengthy one albeit to Ukraine IIRC to visit the fair Maiden

Offline Rubicon

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »
OlgaH-

the truth is that Yelena lost in civil court, and she has lost here in the court of public opinion, by her decision not to be interviewed by Maxx, since she knew that she was guilty of fraud and infidelity.  the score is 2 to 0 in favor of Avi.  the green card hearing is nothing but a kangaroo court since they do not let the man testify or present evidence.

Offline mroz87

« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2014, 07:09:42 AM »
This thread is a bit dated but still, thank you for putting it sticky. Everyone who decides to go down the FSU path must see this. I read almost all posts from start to finish. I remember the discussion of Avi being a native Russian speaker and even then there is supposedly no red flag.

Well, I believe there is at least one red flag. A BIG one! Yelena knew of Avi's failing business, and claimed to be willing to do anything including scrubbing toilet to help the family finances. Yet in the final video with Avi, he said Yelena did not know English but knew about the 'system' in US. How would a woman who claimed to be willing to do anything to help his future husband, moving to his country and not even bother to learn a little of the local language? This should be an obvious red flag! Avi was too lonely and desperate to see it.

Also I recall a poster questioning why some of the interviewees lack fluency in English. This just shows how dysfunctional the western world is. You can migrate, but you can't assimilate. Everyone is closeted thereby lacking any genuine opportunity of mingling with local native speakers. Even Avi could not find a local Russian American woman, and had to resort to agencies!

Offline mroz87

« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2014, 07:14:29 AM »
Another note: Maxx spent a lot of hours and effort to make the videos, yet the view count is fairly small. I would love this to have more audiences. The title of this thread should be a bit more catchy, so it shows up when people are searching about 'VAWA' in google. Just my 2 cents.

Offline yaricksl

• Spouse's Country: Kyrgyzstan
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2015, 04:15:23 PM »
Do you really think he is a mediocre or do you think he is an asset to the team?
Åñëè äåëà èäóò ïëîõî íå õîäè ñ íèìè.

Offline iolanik

• Been Thru This and Will Never Do It Again!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: So what do you think? "Avi's story"
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2019, 09:23:20 AM »
I dont know what this story is about or what the video is since it didnt load or work for me but I already can guess what the ending of the story is and how it started. Same old story since 2000 when I started this process....things never change nor do RWs

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1982
Total: 1992

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM