It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Where to bring up Children?  (Read 28849 times)

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Where to bring up Children?
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2020, 07:48:49 AM »
:ROFL:  When it comes to tale spinning DS/ JG is the BS king and swerves like MAD to avoid proving he's full of it ..

Neither JG or DS have EVER busted this poster for making stuff up ... It's a bad wee habit some sad folk have of repeating nonsense amongst themselves ..

Woohoo. The MobyLiar gets busted ALL the time.

Don’t take my word for it.

Just ask any other poster on this or another forum.....

Trying to pass your rep onto me ain’t gonna work.

You’re just full of gobshyte Moby. Even you can smell your own stench......whenever you open your skanky mouth.

Offline Lonestar

« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2020, 08:55:56 AM »
Having lived in Texas, Florida, and California past 5 years I put my daughters in a Christian school in each state after checking out the public schools for a couple reasons.  Don't want them to turn into boys as public schools in all three states preach everyone is equal and other things.  Last I checked girls and boys are different. 

I was in decent public school areas as well - Woodland Texas area, Dr Phillips Florida area.  Now in California.

To answer the OP question which this thread seemed to derail I would put my kids only in Christian schools in the West and if not than I would rather have my kids in Ukraine.  I personally grew up in public schools but we used to respect the Flag and schools were strict.  We also knew girls and boys are different.   

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2020, 09:13:19 AM »
I can defo recommend VVP's Russia for you, 'Lonestar' ...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2020, 12:06:06 PM »
Having lived in Texas, Florida, and California past 5 years I put my daughters in a Christian school in each state after checking out the public schools for a couple reasons.  Don't want them to turn into boys as public schools in all three states preach everyone is equal and other things.  Last I checked girls and boys are different. 

I was in decent public school areas as well - Woodland Texas area, Dr Phillips Florida area.  Now in California.

To answer the OP question which this thread seemed to derail I would put my kids only in Christian schools in the West and if not than I would rather have my kids in Ukraine.  I personally grew up in public schools but we used to respect the Flag and schools were strict.  We also knew girls and boys are different.   

Thank you Lonestar, it good to have some input into the actual topic here :) Indeed, an education establishment where they teach boys are boys and girls are girls is most important too I believe. Now myself I'm not religious so it would kind of knock the idea on the head of sending any children to a Christian school. Apart from feeling hypocritical I wouldn't want them to go through the religious teachings side of it. So for me there is probably no other viable alternative than the FSU. I could tell them stuff at home to counter any rubbish taught but I wouldn't want to rely on that either.

The whole women challenging the man's role in the workplace I see as very damaging to people's lives. In the end very few get what they want that way most end up unhappy in life from what I see.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »
In the end very few get what they want that way most end up unhappy in life from what I see.

Trenchie, honestly ... what meaningful conversations do you have with women ..? 

None, based on what you're posting here .. 

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2020, 02:35:08 PM »
I don't believe Soviet and post Soviet education is superior to education in the West.  Look at PISA assessments.  All FSU republics that participate are middling or below in results, across the board. 

Soviet students studied more complex arithmetic (not mathematics) at earlier ages than in the West, but it evened out by high school.  What Soviet schools did not do is teach students to think.  Many subjects were tainted by ideology, in a way that even the most leftist universities in the West can't touch.  Other subjects were off limits completely.  For example, philosophy was banned until university, and then, students could only study it if they were approved at the obkom level.  Even then, philosophical study was limited, as it had to be in accordance with Marxist-Leninist thought.  Most learning was rote learning.  I don't know if that's still true, but it certainly is true of Soviet schooling.

My children went to publicly funded schools, because the schools here are excellent.  Having raised children to adulthood, I would say their attitudes and values were formed in, and come mostly from, their home environments, not schools.  Their core beliefs, and who they are as individuals are largely inborn. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:32:58 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2020, 11:21:03 PM »
Woohoo. The MobyLiar gets busted ALL the time.

Don’t take my word for it.

Just ask any other poster on this or another forum.....

Sting/ DaveNY ( ex of here) tried to suggest that and a mod I consider a true gent put him straight re generalisations .. :ROFL: 

Busted,,as usual

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2020, 11:35:33 PM »

Sting/ DaveNY ( ex of here) tried to suggest that and a mod I consider a true gent put him straight re generalisations .. :ROFL: 

Busted,,as usual
You must have a direct pipeline stuck up your proverbial for all the hot air you produce.
 :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat:

Offline msmob

« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2020, 01:33:16 AM »
You must have a direct pipeline stuck up your proverbial for all the hot air you produce.

For a guy who just got busted ( again) for making stuff up, can you not see any irony in what you post? ;)

Back on topic.

Boethius,

Due to having had more than one family, I've had a chance to compare the result of UK and RU educated kids born in the last decade of the previous millennium ...Whilst, it's a very small sample..having seen them / their peers, the Russian kids seem to have better knowledge and have been more respectful of their teachers.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Re: Where to bring up Children?
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2020, 07:06:29 AM »
I would echo that experience in the USA....
also now in USA education is now mostly online only instead of classroom
and it just plain "doesn't work"
many are predicting the death of universities now
my daughters have dropped out of Rice Univ

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2020, 02:40:16 AM »
I would echo that experience in the USA....
also now in USA education is now mostly online only instead of classroom
and it just plain "doesn't work"
many are predicting the death of universities now
my daughters have dropped out of Rice Univ

True, education in future might end up online only in which case could just use You Tube for that ;D Could save governments a fortune. All I would have to do is block all feminist influence on there :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2020, 02:59:16 AM »
During the lockdown, one of my forms of escapism has been following youtubers who are locked down in places from the UK, NZ, Portugal, Fiji ( their boat is in Tonga- but they landed from the US at few hours too late to get back into Tonga) and several in Panama.

Not a few of them have kids and they are home taught ... the Texans on a catamaran in NZ have had two of their eldest graduate whilst learning on board ..

Home schooling doesn't seem to hold them back.

Offline SJR

« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2020, 07:10:16 PM »
Trench, with respect, but I don't think you should get married. I've been reading some of your posts all over the forum and they read from questionable to disturbing.

You admit you don't earn much money, fine. But then you go on about how you should go to a poor country and take a woman from there, but you're already worried she'll divorce you. Now the topic is about having kids, or perhaps she's bringing kids, and where they should be schooled. You seem to have an issue with the UK system, the private schools you can pay for apparently brings up kids dumb but sound intelligent, purely because of a posh accent (I think you've watched too much Inbetweeners and spend too little time in reality), and that life isn't fair.

Newsflash: Anyone with half a brain sees right through the posh accent act and quickly realize one is as dumb as a sack of rocks. I think you have an issue with people with more cash than yourself.

The woman you seem to build up in your mind has to apparently be drop dead gorgeous, adore you, do not know the meaning of divorce...

The fact that Filipina women are a ''back up'' if you can't score in FSU is erm, slightly disturbing to say the least.

Put yourself in your potential womans' shoes: Would you really move away from your friends and family, everything you've known, to live a mediocre life with a partner you met on the internet...a self confessed introvert/loner?

Let me try and help you here: Improve your own life somewhat. You seem to have an issue that others have more than you do. Easy: Improve that. Life isn't all about money of course, but it sure helps. Try to work on not over-analyzing everything to death. You say you want a Ukrainian wife because they're more exciting....guess what, an exciting woman will want an exciting life. Once she realizes you'd rather sit at home doing whatever, she'll quickly find her way to places more exciting. And if she's as gorgeous as you want her to be....well we can all add up can't we. 

Offline I/O

« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2020, 11:39:10 PM »
I was going to say --- nah, I'll just sit here and shake my head a little longer... :-\

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2020, 01:19:30 PM »

The fact that Filipina women are a ''back up'' if you can't score in FSU is erm, slightly disturbing to say the least.

Put yourself in your potential womans' shoes: Would you really move away from your friends and family, everything you've known, to live a mediocre life with a partner you met on the internet...a self confessed introvert/loner?

Let me try and help you here: Improve your own life somewhat. You seem to have an issue that others have more than you do. Easy: Improve that. Life isn't all about money of course, but it sure helps. Try to work on not over-analyzing everything to death. You say you want a Ukrainian wife because they're more exciting....guess what, an exciting woman will want an exciting life. Once she realizes you'd rather sit at home doing whatever, she'll quickly find her way to places more exciting. And if she's as gorgeous as you want her to be....well we can all add up can't we.

Thanks SJR, I don't think I've seen you post before but what you write is interesting. Indeed, I realised after my last trip to Kiev that I didn't really have an exciting life to offer a girl. That trip I really ended up spending self reflecting on seriously where I was on it all as much as seeing more of Ukrainian women in their culture. Now partly a guy has been seen as some sort of a workhorse out there, main deal to just bring the money in, some working all hours. That said I think a lot of the more attractive women would want more than that.

If a girl and as highly social I would highly unlikely fit in with her. Money as you say plays a part as the more money left over for leisure spending the more options there are and it can make it easier to have fun potentially. That said good times can be had cheaply as well. At the moment I have not really had much free time to improve my social life.i think in any case that would only ever improve so much anyway, I'm never going to be a social diva nor seek to be. In a few months I should have more time on my hands. Socializing with a lot of people has never really been my scene, the more people the more exhausting I would find it to be. Plus unless someone has anything much to say that is meaningful I find a lot of talk tedious. The current virus situation means that stuff has gone out anyway somewhat so that kind of works in my favour, lol.

So that leaves exciting stuff to do that a great to would find interesting too. In the past guys on here have suggested stuff like dancing, Salsa and the like. I wouldn't make me doing that and got a few DVD's but a lot of that stuff is out somewhat now. If doing with just the girl and in a spacious area I guess it could still be a goer. I'm not into Bunjee jumping, zip lining or any of those awful western women online dating sort of things. Firing guns could be fun for me and maybe I'll do it next when in Ukraine or here even. I really think it would have to be stuff like that, that I am likely to enjoy long term. I don't really want to do stuff that I will do for a bit but not be into regularly doing. I've never fired a real gun before but I kind of feel it's something I would really like to do. My only other thought is some sort of water sport or recreation but something that wouldn't be too much bother to get into, maybe a small fast motor boat of some sort or something.

In general though what I am trying to do with all these posts is to try to establish the lay of the land and where I might fit in with it all. I don't really see any point going up the wrong path in life when I could have sounded it out earlier if you know what I mean.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2020, 12:56:20 AM »
Thanks SJR, I don't think I've seen you post before but what you write is interesting. Indeed, I realised after my last trip to Kiev that I didn't really have an exciting life to offer a girl. That trip I really ended up spending self reflecting on seriously where I was on it all as much as seeing more of Ukrainian women in their culture. Now partly a guy has been seen as some sort of a workhorse out there, main deal to just bring the money in, some working all hours. That said I think a lot of the more attractive women would want more than that.
To sum up: Trench is poor.

Quote from: Trench
If a girl and as highly social I would highly unlikely fit in with her. Money as you say plays a part as the more money left over for leisure spending the more options there are and it can make it easier to have fun potentially. That said good times can be had cheaply as well. At the moment I have not really had much free time to improve my social life.i think in any case that would only ever improve so much anyway, I'm never going to be a social diva nor seek to be. In a few months I should have more time on my hands. Socializing with a lot of people has never really been my scene, the more people the more exhausting I would find it to be. Plus unless someone has anything much to say that is meaningful I find a lot of talk tedious. The current virus situation means that stuff has gone out anyway somewhat so that kind of works in my favour, lol.

Trench is poor

So that leaves exciting stuff to do that a great to would find interesting too. In the past guys on here have suggested stuff like dancing, Salsa and the like. I wouldn't make me doing that and got a few DVD's but a lot of that stuff is out somewhat now. If doing with just the girl and in a spacious area I guess it could still be a goer. I'm not into Bunjee jumping, zip lining or any of those awful western women online dating sort of things. Firing guns could be fun for me and maybe I'll do it next when in Ukraine or here even. I really think it would have to be stuff like that, that I am likely to enjoy long term. I don't really want to do stuff that I will do for a bit but not be into regularly doing. I've never fired a real gun before but I kind of feel it's something I would really like to do. My only other thought is some sort of water sport or recreation but something that wouldn't be too much bother to get into, maybe a small fast motor boat of some sort or something.

Trench is poor

In general though what I am trying to do with all these posts is to try to establish the lay of the land and where I might fit in with it all. I don't really see any point going up the wrong path in life when I could have sounded it out earlier if you know what I mean.
In other words, you’re poor.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2020, 12:01:05 PM »
I was going to say --- nah, I'll just sit here and shake my head a little longer... :-\

I don't think that Trench has a snowballs chance in hell so
any advice that I write is in hope that a lurker/newbie can
glean something. Trench takes any advice and twists it
around to vindicate/validate whatever his current
theory/strategy/tactic/plan is and he ignores all
that doesn't do that.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2020, 12:44:06 PM »
my wife who talks with an accent like Natasha from the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, calls the encroaching economic decline, “The Collapse-alypse”

IMHO, I think a cople of years from now, guys like Trench would be able to acquire female room mates pretty easily

I could already EASILY trade my rental houses to a single mom who lost her job
in exchange for you know what....
stock advice?
NOO!!!!!!!
not that

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2020, 12:59:14 PM »
my wife who talks with an accent like Natasha from the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, calls the encroaching economic decline, “The Collapse-alypse”

IMHO, I think a cople of years from now, guys like Trench would be able to acquire female room mates pretty easily

I could already EASILY trade my rental houses to a single mom who lost her job
in exchange for you know what....
stock advice?
NOO!!!!!!!
not that

There were reports a while ago of Landlords in the UK making such arrangements with their pretty female tenants. Naturally the feminists took issue. I can't see anything wrong with it if both sides are content enough to strike a bargain, better than being on the streets. As a guy if I were renting and came up short I doubt I would get similar offerings from a Landlady, lol.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2020, 02:00:47 PM »
Of course women who aren't in the position of having to trade their bodies for shelter would take umbrage with a society where women are forced to sell their bodies for shelter, and with the men who exploit them.  I assume decent men would feel the same way.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2020, 05:40:09 PM »
"I assume decent men would feel the same way."

if we ever meet any, we'll ask them what they think for you, but my guess is nah, not really....

Offline I/O

« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2020, 11:51:05 PM »
any advice that I write is in hope that a lurker/newbie can glean something.
Likewise notwithstanding my advice is worth exactly what you're paying for it.

Where to bring up  kids? Indulge me to make a couple of salient points before concluding. East or West? I see discussion about education standards and systems - such "discussions" have been had over and over in my household over the last 15 years. I would simply say, both East and West put a man in space around the same time, both East and West developed the capabilities to obliterate each other about the same time, both East and West developed the ability to Dope athletes onto the winners podium at about the same time and around the same levels, both East and West developed mass manufacturing to war winning capabilities around the same time - I think the reader understands where I'm coming from.

The short and simple answer to the question of where to bring up children is AT HOME...!!! Where you, as a couple, decide to establish that home is an entirely 'nother and case specific question, one which should be long sorted prior to entering a marriage. Opinions regarding which location offers this or that which are offered in these forums are of no benefit and a writer seeking the answer to such a broad question in this sort of space probably needs professional "advice".

Online krimster2

« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2020, 11:03:45 AM »
those of you who haven't raised children, totally underestimate the difficulty involved...
as for my kids, I spent their whole lives getting them ready for a future that DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE!

step 1 of this involved dropping out of Rice University which switched over to a disastrous on-line video instruction melt-down
and can't guarantee that it won't be doing the identical thing again in September...
so about 1 out of 4 Rice students have already dropped out, I expect more to come...

something happened with the virus this week!
both in Florida and Texas, the percentage of people testing positive went up from one in twenty five to one in five!!!!
a massive jump!  google if you don't believe me!

but again, we're just 10 weeks before we're at the beginning of flu season
when I expect another exponential leap in the Corona infection rate
starting from an already sky-high peak instead of zero
this means our flu season Corona peak will be a ginormous number
combined with an equally ginormous number of flu cases
all at the same time

meanwhile in Houston, we're just two weeks away from 100% ICU capacity
so imagine what happens when we hit flu season....

but the fact that the infection rate went up 500% in a couple of weeks here in Houston and elsewhere is alarming
1 out of 5 testing positive in Houston ALREADY?
can you imagine what this number will be 6 months from now?
my guess is 50 to 70 percent
don't you see what that means?

EVERYTHING SHUTS DOWN!
ALL ON ITS OWN!
COLLAPSE-ALYPSE

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 11:17:59 AM by krimster2 »

Offline I/O

« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2020, 03:26:42 PM »
I spent their whole lives getting them ready for a future that DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE!
My parents said the same thing, I say the same thing, I suspect my grandparents probably said much the same - times change, it is what it is but the fundamentals of values don't change too much and if those are instilled in children, they are a better than even chance of surviving most things thrown their way.

Offline I/O

« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2020, 03:41:30 PM »
Of course women who aren't in the position of having to trade their bodies for shelter would take umbrage with a society where women are forced to sell their bodies for shelter, and with the men who exploit them.  I assume decent men would feel the same way.
Boe, you know me personally well enough to know where I stand but for the sake of it, allow me to shine a different light for a moment.

I managed a taxi company for 15 years - one learned to keep ones eyes and ears open and ones mouth very shut. My home town hosts a fair sized university which is largely patronised by foreign students, mostly from SE Asia and to a lessor extent from Europe. Make no mistake, these are not poor folk.  Tuition for an under graduate course, accommodation, transport, living and so forth - around 40-50 K (USD) per year. Many of these students come from a very privileged and often protected back ground.

I can assure you that even in a small city like this, a non trivial number "work" nights, we witnessed it first hand by transporting them too and from. I drove one night years ago and was bold enough to question one a little. The response was staggeringly brazen. First of all, who cares, no body knows me here and nobody will know back home which is where I will go when I am done here. I use this money to pay rent, I have money but not enough for the type of accommodation I want (In other words, she didn't want to live on campus), it went on a bit.

My point is, is the girl who beds the landlord directly for rent any different from the one who plys for hire publicly and then uses that revenue to pay the rent? For mine, it's much of a muchness and it could perhaps be argued the one laying the landlord directly has a cleaner and safer lifestyle?

Furthermore, as more than a handful of men marrying foreigners (or even domestically at times) have discovered the hard way, it was bedroom for migration.

I'm not a fan of any of it but where lies the greater crime?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 04:26:01 PM by I/O »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM