It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anyone having trouble sending money to Ukraine now?  (Read 14070 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Anyone having trouble sending money to Ukraine now?
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
Jay, this transfer was made from USA bank over a month ago.

It was one of several that Ochka made to several banks in Ukraine to several different accounts, some in  her name and some in relatives names.

The Ukraine bank acknowledged they had received the money and they knew it was for Ochka's name.

The problem factor was, the account number we put for Ochka at this bank was not the one the Ukrainian bank wanted.  There were 3 account numbers shown on the info the Ukrainian bank gave Ochka, and she put one of them on the wire transfer from USA bank to this Ukrainian bank.

But the Ukrainian bank claimed that was not the correct number to put.

Really a screw up, because as I noted above, they had the money and knew it was for her name.  But they refused to put it in her account.

The USA bank kept sending corrections showing the account number the Ukrainian bank wanted, but the Ukrainian bank kept saying they never received such corrections.

They told Ochka they could keep the money in a 'suspense' account for up to 60 days; then they would decide what to do with it.

But, as I said, 'out of the blue' they returned it to Ochka's USA bank.

We are happy . . . until something else screwy happens.

I haven't gone by the USA bank to talk with them yet; but the online account info shows the money there.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 02:24:13 PM »
ML,

My wife informed me today that she is allowed to only withdraw 1000 grivna per day from our USD$ bank account.  Trying to withdraw $1000 is going to be a real pain visiting banks every day.

I did not fully understand another point she was making about the 'commission' the bank charges each time you withdraw money.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline calmissile

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »
ML,

I noticed yesterday that Wells Fargo is charging me $5 every time that Larissa is taking out the daily maximum of $85 from our joint checking account.  Quite a racket!   Lower the maximum and charge for each withdrawal.

I just got info on a new bank change, but do not fully understand the impact of using a debit card on a US bank.  I will have to ask her tonight what is going on.  A few weeks ago she was no longer able to withdraw large amounts (in grivna) from our acount.  That led to doing the $85/day maximum.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/nbu-limits-transfer-of-e-money-between-individuals-from-prepaid-cards-to-hr-4000-per-month-357192.html

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 07:57:58 PM »
Doug, seems to be quite a difference in experiences in this regard.

Ochka has been able to withdraw $1,500 in cash in USD  each day from each of her accounts with no problems.  With some of the withdrawals, there is no fee; I think it has something  to do with having had the money there for X months, or some such.  The max fee she has incurred was one half of one percent.

And, if she wishes, she can withdraw unlimited amounts in UAH.

She sent USD to multiple bank accounts in her name and in names of friends/family that she (and they) is now drawing out to pay for the shell apartment; or I should say has already withdrawn.

She and family/friends have accounts at Pro Credit Bank, Privat Bank, Russian Standard Bank, Ukraine Gas Bank, Credit Agricole Bank, Oschadbank, Aval Bank and one other Russian owned bank that I cannot find the name of right now.

She has withdrawn all money from Russian Standard and the other Russian bank.

Oh, when I now re-read your post, I see that your Gal is withdrawing  from a foreign bank (USA).  That could be the major difference.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 08:06:49 PM »

Ochka has been able to withdraw $1,500 in cash in USD  each day from each of her accounts with no problems.  With some of the withdrawals, there is no fee; I think it has something  to do with having had the money there for X months, or some such.  The max fee she has incurred was one half of one percent.

She sent USD to multiple bank accounts in her name and in names of friends/family that she (and they) is now drawing out to pay for the shell apartment; or I should say has already withdrawn.

She and family/friends have accounts at Pro Credit Bank, Privat Bank, Russian Standard Bank, Ukraine Gas Bank, Credit Agricole Bank, Oschadbank, Aval Bank and one other Russian owned bank that I cannot find the name of right now.

Oh, when I now re-read your post, I see that your Gal is withdrawing  from a foreign bank (USA).  That could be the major difference.

It had not been a problem until the past couple of weeks.  She was regularily withdrawing $1000 or more  at a time (in grivna) from a US bank deposited in USD.

She will try to get to the bottom of it in the next couple of days.  Oherwise I will need to find another method.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 10:23:09 PM »

She can withdraw $1500 a day from her accounts ...... Damn, why can't I find me a rich woman and live a gigolo's life?  (No inference intended, ML!)
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1880
Total: 1891

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM