It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine - Corruption you can’t imagine  (Read 13574 times)

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Ukraine - Corruption you can’t imagine
« on: July 13, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »
One of the best written articles on recent history of Ukraine and the true reasons for Maiden.  For those us that have been and stayed there, talked extensively to local residents and read the news, have family there, this is no surprise.  For those that have only been there a short time to visit or date a Ukrainian woman, you may not have had the time or opportunity to learn about it's recent history.

It's pretty obvious why Putin does not want Ukraine to succeed.  Cleaning up the massive corruption in a new bastion of freedom next door no doubt has him very nervous.  I suspect this is the reason for Russia heading to a more closed society again and the new attempts to manage and control the news media.  There is no reason to control the media in an open and free society.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2014/07/13/16899/#.U8NJyH5oUEm.facebook

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Ukraine - Corruption you can’t imagine
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:45:37 AM »
Superb descriptions of stuff I had only heard vague rumblings about.  As one commenter said, this should be placed on every Western MP's desk.  It should also be force-fed to some of the members here who continue to spout the line that Maidan was a U.S. plot to install their puppet regime, and that Kyiv is now run by a bunch of neo-Nazi thugs who eat Russian babies for breakfast.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 04:52:41 AM »
This mecanism was also the same in the countries belonging to the arab spring.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 04:54:22 AM »
A great deal of the corruption described existed in previous Ukrainian governments as well.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 05:55:52 AM »

Boethius, what drew you back into this forum quagmire? 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 06:09:50 AM »
The amount of bad information, or disinformation, being posted.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 06:51:31 AM »

Just remember to bail if it gets on your nerves too much. As much as I missed not seeing you around here it feels worse seeing you upset.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 08:50:14 AM »
WOW! The true reason for the square was Yanukovich's corrupted ways all along!! Well, be damned!!!!  :o It's great the *truth* finally oozed out of this whole mess...

Yeay! Freedom and democracy again!!!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline lonedrake

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 07:44:28 PM »

Thank you for returning! I appreciate your comments and insight. :clapping:

Offline Gator

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 06:15:24 AM »
Boethius, what drew you back into this forum quagmire?

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Shadow

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 01:19:14 PM »
I doubt the current government will score a lot better. Which I find very unfortunate.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline jone

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »
I hope you're wrong Shadow. 

Look at the other Eastern European countries and how far they have come.  This new Association Agreement with the EU is quite demanding on the corruption issue.  It would be an interesting topic to pursue over a period of time - watching the success or failure of this new generation of wanna be EU members.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 09:56:11 PM »
Good post OP. 

The piece condemns Firtash, Vitya and Akmetov - only one of which is in Ukraine.  The other two are in prison.  Vitya is in Russia wghich is a kind of prison. 

Akmetov should be arrested.  His property confiscated and auctioned to pay for the war effort against MadVlad.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 01:59:54 AM »
I hope you're wrong Shadow. 

Look at the other Eastern European countries and how far they have come.  This new Association Agreement with the EU is quite demanding on the corruption issue.  It would be an interesting topic to pursue over a period of time - watching the success or failure of this new generation of wanna be EU members.
Which ones?
Baltics: corruption currently unknown due to low economic value. Still rumours do leak in to here.
Poland: Has improved since the 90´s, but corruption on local scale is still present. Ask anyone doing business there.
Romania: There is not enough money to be corrupt.
Bulgaria: At least as corrupt as  Ukraine was, current government is heavily criticized for not fighting corruption.

The EU itself is a rather corrupt structure, though at a level where it does not touch the man in the street.

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 09:35:57 AM »
That's a great article. The problems it exposes are the reason the Revolution of Dignity happened. It did not happen because the EU or the USA instigated a rebellion. (That's just Russian propaganda-lies) Anyone can see that the West offers a lot more for Ukraine than Russia ever could. I applaud the support for Ukraine coming from places like Canada and Poland.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 08:12:59 AM »
That's a great article. The problems it exposes are the reason the Revolution of Dignity happened. It did not happen because the EU or the USA instigated a rebellion. (That's just Russian propaganda-lies) Anyone can see that the West offers a lot more for Ukraine than Russia ever could. I applaud the support for Ukraine coming from places like Canada and Poland.
I guess the evidence of the EU funding the rebellion is actually Russia paying?

Offline jone

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 10:05:20 PM »
Which ones?
Baltics: corruption currently unknown due to low economic value. Still rumours do leak in to here.
Poland: Has improved since the 90´s, but corruption on local scale is still present. Ask anyone doing business there.
Romania: There is not enough money to be corrupt.
Bulgaria: At least as corrupt as  Ukraine was, current government is heavily criticized for not fighting corruption.

The EU itself is a rather corrupt structure, though at a level where it does not touch the man in the street.

I thought I'd let your response percolate for a couple of days, Shadow.  The simple fact is that the Baltics and Poland all have living standards much higher than when they were Soviet Shadow States.  Hmm, Soviet Shadow States?  Is that where you picked your name from?

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline calmissile

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 10:56:04 PM »
I thought I'd let your response percolate for a couple of days, Shadow.  The simple fact is that the Baltics and Poland all have living standards much higher than when they were Soviet Shadow States.  Hmm, Soviet Shadow States?  Is that where you picked your name from?

Ah, don't pick on him too harshly.  He is obviously still under the spell of the Russian propaganda machine.  With Boe's continued help, she might get him to open up and start analyzing alternate sources of information.  I am surprised she has the patience to try and open peoples minds.  It does not matter if you agree with alternate views, the important thing is getting someone to be able to apply critical thinking skills and open their minds.  Getting beyond acceptance of propaganda at face value is the first objective (propaganda from all sources).
Doug (Calmissile)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 07:58:41 AM »
Ah, don't pick on him too harshly.  He is obviously still under the spell of the Russian propaganda machine.  With Boe's continued help, she might get him to open up and start analyzing alternate sources of information.  I am surprised she has the patience to try and open peoples minds.  It does not matter if you agree with alternate views, the important thing is getting someone to be able to apply critical thinking skills and open their minds.  Getting beyond acceptance of propaganda at face value is the first objective (propaganda from all sources).

I think that many of the Putinists reasoning is largely influenced by their Russian better halves..... :crackwhip:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »

I think that many of the Putinists reasoning is largely influenced by their Russian better halves..... :crackwhip:

Could be.

Or, some/many simply remains objective in their thought process and keep within what is actually known, or viable logic application and don't revert to silly knee-jerk, emotional infused banters fueled only by sheer speculations and idle minds not keen in structured information gathering.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 07:56:18 PM »

Right Sector anti-corrruption process in action

Right Sector Odessa met with Oleg Rudenko, acting director of the regional branch of the Social Insurance Fund for temporary disability. Last week, Oleg Rudenko was detained by the SBU with a bribe sum of 558 thousand hryvnia. He demanded that the heads of health institutions bribe for the allocation of funds by the State in the summer holidays for children, including those who came from the eastern regions. district court of first instance ruled to dismiss Rudenko from office during the trial period of 2 months, but he gave appeal and after the payment of a fine of 600 thousand.  Rudenko continues to hold the position.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:47:25 PM by JohnDearGreen »

lordtiberius

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »
I know some real scum bags that collect government paychecks, with government titles and they use it as a license to steal.  I would just assume see that kind of scum behind bars than be humiliated like this man has been.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »
Now that terrorists will be given some independent rule, they have decided to appoint members of the Yenakieve criminal gang, all of whom have serious convictions, as the city management in the city of Snizhne, in the Donetsk oblast.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »
Now that terrorists will be given some independent rule,  st.

Be 'given'?  I think the separatists have TAKEN it. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Boethius

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »
The area the terrorists control is very small.  They want greater autonomy for the whole region, including areas not under their control.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541284
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701