It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why Russian woman?  (Read 6786 times)

Offline yozhig

Why Russian woman?
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:21:01 AM »
Hi guys,

Came from another forum to read some funny stories here :)

I just wonder - why do you want to find a Russian woman?
There are some stereotypes like we are pretty looking simple sweet things, easy to manipulate and ready for all to get a green card, but what else?
Did you try before with western women, and it didn't work well?

PS apparently I am NOT looking for a relationship;)

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Why Russian woman?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »

Culture, class, elegance, graceful, intelligent, good morals.

As well most Russian women are family oriented and their child, or children, are the love of their lives.

Most Russian women stay in good shape and Russia, Ukraine, the FSU is the best place in the world to find women with that beautiful Slavic look.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 11:45:46 AM »
Welcome to RWD, Yozhig.
Here's a whole thread with answers to your question: http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=8436.0 ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline yozhig

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »
Thanks Jack.

Do you find it easier to establish a good relation with Russian than with Western woman?
Personally I know a lot of Western women, which are pretty, smart and have good moral qualities in the same time.

Thanks Sandro, I'll look over it.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 11:55:37 AM »
Thanks Jack.

Do you find it easier to establish a good relation with Russian than with Western woman?
Personally I know a lot of Western women, which are pretty, smart and have good moral qualities in the same time.

Yes, I find it much easier to establish a relationship with a beautiful Russian woman with good morals than I do with a beautiful American women with good morals.

The difference in my experience is not even close.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:55:59 AM »

I didn't -but married one anyway.

She was young, great looking with a very sexy accent.

..and best of all she can cook.

How could I resist?

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 12:31:26 PM »
Hello Yozhig!

Welcome to the BEST forum on the internet.

To put it crudely, American women, for the most part, have become FAT, OVERBEARING, UNHAPPY, PIGS!

IMHO, Russian/Ukrainian women embody the American males dream of a wife (life long partner).  :)
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 01:00:16 PM »
Because they are there.

Offline Pike

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
There are some stereotypes like we are pretty looking simple sweet things, easy to manipulate and ready for all to get a green card, but what else?
Did you try before with western women, and it didn't work well?

- - - - - - -

I have dated hundreds of FSU women and haven't found your 'sterotype' to be true.  They are not easy to manipulate and very few were looking for a green card.

On average, there is no difference between FSU women and Western women, except that FSU women are more slender.

However, the biggest attraction of FSU women to western men is that the western men can 'trade up' when dating FSU women.  That is to say, they can date a better (in many categories) woman in FSU than they can in the west. 

These same 'better' women exist in the west, but we cannot date them.
I am a sex tourist who is driven by the hunt with no emotion or empathy and suffer from Satyriasis, Don Juan Syndrome and Madonna-Whore complex (but on alternating days) with confidence issues and many other issues. I suffer loneliness with no family, friends or money.  I have ED and orgasm problems

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 04:37:04 PM »

Why you cannot date them?
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 04:54:54 PM »
Yozhig- Read Pike's history before you accept one word of his advice or opinions. He is the token sex tourist here

Offline Pike

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 05:12:39 PM »
Why you cannot date them?

- - - - - -

VWRW make sure you are understanding my words.  All western men here can date western women and they can date FSU women.  There are beautiful, educated, intelligent, cultured (and all other characteristics) women in both the west and FSU.

But any given man with his own characteristics can date a FSU woman with a higher level of his desired characteristics in women than he can date in the west.

This situation is primarily due to you women who actually do all of the choosing.

For instance, if a man is a 5 overall (on the complete set of characteristics) on a 1 to 10 scale, then a western woman who is 7 or above will not date this man.  But a FSU woman who is 7-9 will date this same western man.
I am a sex tourist who is driven by the hunt with no emotion or empathy and suffer from Satyriasis, Don Juan Syndrome and Madonna-Whore complex (but on alternating days) with confidence issues and many other issues. I suffer loneliness with no family, friends or money.  I have ED and orgasm problems

Offline Gator

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 09:52:30 PM »
Yozhig- Read Pike's history before you accept one word of his advice or opinions. He is the token sex tourist here

Will,

I am certain that there are others but they either remain in the closet or do not admit the fact to themselves.   And with Pike we do not know exactly what promises he makes, if any, to the RW he dates.  Who knows?  Perhaps geriatric gigolo is a more accurate term than sex tourist.

Offline kievstar

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 03:35:03 AM »
Confidence plays a big part with western women  I personally see no difference on dating same type of woman in either country but I think many American men are just not confident and are insecure with themselves.  They let AW walk all over them and do not make decisions.   I will marry a girl from Ukraine since I will live there in future.  Never considered a woman from Russia as want to live in Ukraine.  There are differences between Ukrainian and Russian women - but that is for a different thread.

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 07:03:48 AM »
Pike, I think you have given  the most precise answer  to the question “why RW?”.
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 07:08:58 AM »
 I will marry a girl from Ukraine since I will live there in future.  Never considered a woman from Russia as want to live in Ukraine.  There are differences between Ukrainian and Russian women - but that is for a different thread.

You should start that thread if you are confident in this statement. I would love to read what the perceived differences are. I am sure there some subtle ones but I wouldn't think they would go beyond that. But I've never been to Ukraine. Because, I've never wanted to. Largely because I found the women in Russia to be quite astonishing.

Online Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 02:45:23 AM »
- - - - - - -

I have dated hundreds of FSU women and haven't found your 'sterotype' to be true.  They are not easy to manipulate and very few were looking for a green card.

On average, there is no difference between FSU women and Western women, except that FSU women are more slender.

However, the biggest attraction of FSU women to western men is that the western men can 'trade up' when dating FSU women.  That is to say, they can date a better (in many categories) woman in FSU than they can in the west. 

In addition to the post of my well-respected RWD member Pike, I could tell that with the WM, a Russian woman is able not to 'trade down', as she does sometimes with local RM.  This is due to lower general quality of available RM. A RW should be able to get a WM who is her equal in achievements, in attractivity, and in other departments.

That should add to our preference for WM  :-*
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Doll

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 06:05:04 AM »
In addition to the post of my well-respected RWD member Pike, I could tell that with the WM, a Russian woman is able not to 'trade down', as she does sometimes with local RM.  This is due to lower general quality of available RM. A RW should be able to get a WM who is her equal in achievements, in attractivity, and in other departments.

That should add to our preference for WM  Kiss
Too much of a generalization about both AM and RM.

Offline Doll

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 06:19:21 AM »
There are differences between Ukrainian and Russian women - but that is for a different thread.
What are they?
I myself am sure there is none.

Offline kryten41

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
I think GoodOlBoy has a pretty good handle on it.  I look for women near my age on American dating sites and I find a bunch of overweight women with lots of issues.  I look in the same age group on Russian/Ukrainian sites, and I find beautiful women who obviously care about their appearance.
No mayonnaise in Ireland.

Offline Pike

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 11:00:14 AM »

That should add to our preference for WM  :-*

- - - - - - - -

Although, at first reading, my previous post quoted by Lily and her post quoted here seem to be contradictory . . . I agree with her.

Actually our posts are not contradictory.  It is entirely possible that a WM can trade-up when choosing a particular FSU woman, and that same woman can be trading-up when she chooses that same man.

The key is the traits that the man is seeking and the traits that the woman is seeking.

As has been stated numerous times before on these forums, WM and FSU women both seem to benefit when they mate up.

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »
- - - - - - -

You need to change this to, "These same "better" women exist in the west but I
cannot bed them."

As for me, I found a woman who is perfect for me who just happens to be Russian.

Offline Pike

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 11:06:04 AM »
There are differences between Ukrainian and Russian women - but that is for a different thread.

What are they?  I myself am sure there is none.

- - - - - - - - - -

You are quite correct Doll.  I have dated over a 100 Ukrainian women and over a 100 Russian women.  There are no identifiable characteristics that would allow someone to say they are different.

Individual women are different, but there are no differences between groups of RW and UW.

Offline Pike

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »
GoodOlBoy:  To put it crudely, American women, for the most part, have become FAT, OVERBEARING, UNHAPPY, PIGS!  IMHO, Russian/Ukrainian women embody the American males dream of a wife (life long partner).

I think GoodOlBoy has a pretty good handle on it.  I look for women near my age on American dating sites and I find a bunch of overweight women with lots of issues.  I look in the same age group on Russian/Ukrainian sites, and I find beautiful women who obviously care about their appearance.

- - - - - - - -

Yes, as I have written in many posts, the only major difference between WW and FSU women is the issue of weight.  FSU women, on average, are more slender than WW.

But as to the comments about 'overbearing and unhappy' attributed to GoodOlBoy and 'lots of issues' attributed to Kryten . . . I doubt there is much difference between WW and FSU women.

We should all realize that there is a very big reason, that goes beyond the fact that FSU women are more slender on average than WW, why the FSU women on the websites look much better than the WW on websites.

WW who are slender will rarely ever involve themselves with dating websites.  That is because they are a rare commodity in the west and they each have their pick from hundreds of adoring men who they meet in person on a daily basis in their universities, workplace, neighborhoods, professional associations, etc.

Conversely, many FSU websites will not allow unattractive women to post their pictures on their websites as it detracts from the fantasy being sold.  Even where there is no outright prohibition, there is self selection involved.  An unattractive FSU women looks at the very attractive women already posted and tells herself . . . I will not humiliate myself by trying to compete here.

Simple fact . . . an overwhelming percent of males desire slender women.  FSU women realize that and accept it.  WW reject the idea that they should look as the man desires.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:32:45 AM by Pike »

Offline siberia

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 01:26:49 PM »
The fact is, that if you think AW are overweight with a lot of issues, FSU women can be slender with a lot of issues that you just don't realize in the short time you spend together. No matter how much English she can speak, it is her second language, and to be able to express her inner most feelings, her personality all takes years of speaking the second language. So therefore you don't find out a lot of what is there until she has been in your country a while. Also she doesn't find out a lot about you till you are together in your country. The beginning is all surface, no depth, no matter how you want to fool yourselves.

Offline yozhig

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »
- - - - - - - -

Although, at first reading, my previous post quoted by Lily and her post quoted here seem to be contradictory . . . I agree with her.

Actually our posts are not contradictory.  It is entirely possible that a WM can trade-up when choosing a particular FSU woman, and that same woman can be trading-up when she chooses that same man.

The key is the traits that the man is seeking and the traits that the woman is seeking.

As has been stated numerous times before on these forums, WM and FSU women both seem to benefit when they mate up.

Thanks guys for continue answering.
I don't think I would benefit from that "trade-up" though - I can find a good Russian men;)
Also, for me words like "trade" concerning what I think rather finding a soul mate or THE man of your life, seem to be too grounded..

Offline neo

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »
i have found the best reason to date RW is there is a lot of them in a certain age range looking for a man. Whereas women seem to have the upper hand in the west which means they have to usually put zero effort in and expect guys to put up with their complete lack of effort in their appearance/behaviour, the competition amongst RW for a good bachelor means you are at least more likely to get a wife you can be proud of rather than ashamed of.

Nothing to do with any of the mythical RW claptrap which is wholly innaccurate and false marketing!

ChrisBfla

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 05:35:29 AM »
Well, I certainly do not find anything simple minded about my wife.  She held a masters degree in Ukraine and after being here in the US for only 18 months started on her BA 4 year degree.  She aced that and graduated number one in her class with a 3.957 GPA.  Now, she's on her way to a PhD.  We have been married for over 8 years and I have to say, her values are much more in tune with what we used to call the American Way of holding family, education and loyalty in tough times and good times as a priority then the current crop of self-absorbed American women.

We we got married, her daughter was just 10.  We were both widows, losing our mates at young ages, (Very young for her at age 23).  Her daughter is a senior in college at only age 18, having skipped 3 grades here in the US.  She's going to be a brain surgeon.  She's a real beauty, like her mom, but she is putting her education, not boys, first.

My wife has brought out the best in me.  She always said I wrote beautiful letters and I would write stories to her when she lived in Ukraine.  She told me I should write a book.  I did and I got a publishing contract right away.  No one could believe it.  I don't know if you believe in God or not, but my wife is a strong believer.  When my first wife died, I turned my back on God.  She brought me back to religion.  Is God real?  Yes, because every moring that I wake up with my wife, I know that she is God's gift to me and I hope that I am to her as well.

Chris
www.freewebs.com/chrisbfla

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 11:43:07 PM »
I think the keyword here is.......... "dating". As our resident "Wilt Chamberlin" (Pike ;))
stated.......I think guys here (US) can probably "date" up. Dating is easy. I have "dated" hundreds of women myself......and chose not to marry until I was 31. Yes........in Tver, Russia I saw a 55 y.o. custodian "dating 22 y.o. hotties. He never wore a suit......usually gray Dickies work uniforms with scuffed shoes, cowlick etc.
He dated lots........but did not find a life partner. Many of these same guys even succeed in going past "dating".......and bring a woman over on a K-1. Lots of these later scenarios end in "tough times" for one or both participants.

More bendable? More demure? And we hav'nt even started on "stubborn". If you want "easier"......you are in the wong place. My wife has her negatives (as do I).....but they pale in comparison to her good qualities. If you are a guy who is "too" moldable.......think Mister Bill......you will be eaten alive. There are alot of myths perpetrated.....by agencies.....by newbies after their first "date"......and yes..... by RW......many vistors from "other" RW related boards (think Russian Fiance).

"Dating"............thats easy.........relationships/marriage.......thats another thing. Yes.......as Pike (aka Wilt) said......a western guy can probably trade-up when dating........in other words at least get his foot into the door. But watch-out! Those RW are deceptively herculian......you may end-up with some broken toes......or worse!

All things said and done.......I would'nt trade my experiences for anything......I found a real gem. I think she got a pretty good deal.....too.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2270
Total: 2280

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM