It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Lviv....Part Deux!!!!!!  (Read 8862 times)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Lviv....Part Deux!!!!!!
« on: January 16, 2012, 08:49:47 AM »
Hello everyone, I hope you all enjoyed your New Years and Christmas Holidays FSU style!!!!

Now that I am home and finally getting back to normal from the jet lag ( yeah right, I've been informed by my work that I'm heading to Bahrain for a week end of this month!!!! ) I can write my trip report down.

This won't be a long day to day report like before since Lena and I spent most of our time together in the apt or at her home in Kovel so I'll just write a highlight of what we did followed by lots of pics.

5 days in Lviv

I have to say, this was by far the best travel to Ukraine I have ever experienced. This was my first experience traveling to Ukraine via Germany and I really admire German efficiency at the airports. I got through customs and re-checked my baggage for my flight to Lviv from Munich with only a 45 minute layover. It did help that our plane landed 30 minutes early too.

Lena met me at the airport with her college friend Olena who lives in Lviv and has her own foreign car. This lady has been of immense help to Lena and I while we were both apart. Since Lena lives in Kovel and I could not send any express mail parcels to her city, I was able to send the parcels to Olena in Lviv and she would give them to a friend of hers that drives one of the Lviv/Kovel buses. He would then give the parcel to my Lena at the station in Kovel. All the packages I sent her always made to Lena.

We immediately headed to our apartment near the opera house so I could shower, change and then head out to dinner. Lena had already gotten the apartment for us the night before as planned. When we arrived I handed out some gifts I had brought both for Lena and gave Olena a very nice bottle of perfume as a token of my appreciation for all her help with the parcels.

We spent 5 days in Lviv most of it was spent in the apartment and Lena cooked most of the meals. We did go out a few times to cafes and restaurants. The weather was very pleasant but a little cold. Lena told me it was the warmest spell her region has experienced in 100 years. There was some snow on the ground but did not snow the whole time I was there except for some flurries.

We stayed at the apartment till the 30th upon which we would take the bus to Kovel and spend New Years and Christmas with her parents till the 9th. We had several of Lena's friends visit us at the apartment and I took Lena shopping. We wanted to buy each other some Christmas gifts. I bought Lena a beautiful white Beaver coat I had promised to get her and she bought me a really nice pair of pointy shoes with fur inside for winter. She also bought me a very nice shirt as well as a chapka since I did not bring one with me.

First photo -Lena and I at the apt ( Can any of you guess what my t-shirt says without the help of your ladies????)
Second photo -Lena and her friend Olena
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Online Hammer2722

Re: Lviv....Part Deux!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:01:50 PM »
New Years and Christmas in Kovel

We took the bus from Lviv to Kovel on the 30th Dec. Olena was nice enough to pick us up at the apt and take us to the station. She even brought us some assorted chocolates and t-shirts from the Lviv Chocolate Factory as going aaway gifts. We also discovered that it was also her birthday. Lena and I decided to get her a small gift in Kovel and present it to her when we returned to Lviv on the 9th.

The ride to Kovel took us about 4 hours and was just as I remebered the last trip and the horrible conditions of the roads. We arrived in Kovel around 8 PM and was met by Lena's dad Valentin and her brother Volodimir who both were very happy to see me again and greeted me with the customary hug. When we got to to the house and was greeted by Lena's mom, we proceeded to eat dinner. afterwards, I broke out the gifts that I had brought for the rest of the family. For Valentin, I gave a nice bottle of Jack Daniels single barrel select wiskey. Her broghter has always wanted a shirt from the Affliction company so I gave him one and some Victoria's Secret spry cologn and lotions for mom.

New years was spent having a nice quiet dinner in the living room and watching TV till midnight when we had some snacks and the celebratory shots to the New Year. We spent the rest of the week before Christmas quietly at home, visiting some of her friends in Kovel and doing a little shopping. Len'as mom gave her some money to buy me some gifts. I got a new pair of black slacks and 2 sweaters. I felt really spoiled by them the whole time there.
Christmas was also spent at home and we recieved some Christmas caroler's throughout the day. while hosting several of Lena's friends and her cousin Vadim and his wife from Kiev. I was really impressed by Vadim as he spoke very good English. He was quite impressed with my extensive knowledge of Ukrainian current events and politics which seems to be the usual subjects that is talked about during these visits.

1st photo- Lena and I at her home.
2nd and 3rd photos- The New Years dinner spread
4th photo- Lena's family and I at New Years dinner
5th photo- Toasting

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »
More photos from Kovel:

1- Lena and I

2- Lena and I at dinner at her friend Tanya's home

3- Lena and her God-daughter Dasha (Tanya's daughter)

4- Volodimir (Tanya's husband, me and Sasha (family friend)

5- Maxim (Lena's friend Valentina's boy) and I during a visit to their home

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
Hammer-

Thanks for the report! I'm glad you had a great time in Ukraine during the holidays....

Lena looks a lot like Madeline Stowe to me, except I think Lena's eyes are prettier...

You're a lucky man!

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »
  Can any of you guess what my t-shirt says ...????)

Lots of nice pictures.
The shirt? Ukrainian? Sweet love or sweetness maybe? Just guessing as my wife is from SW Ukraine [more Russian speaking].
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 05:41:25 PM »
Thanks GQ, I agree with you. She has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen.
tfcrew, you are getting warm....  ;)

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »
Some more pics:

1- Lena at her favorite cafe in Kovel

2- Me in my new pointy shoes and Ukrainian threads at a cafe in Kovel

3- Lena and I Christmas Day during a visit from her cousin Vadim and his pretty wife Katerina from Kiev.

4- Another Christmas Day visit from more of Lena's friends. Me, Victor, his wife Valentina, Tanya and her husband Taras.

5- The Yaniuk Family Christmas tree. Lena and I put it up the day after arriving in Kovel.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 02:34:24 PM »
1- Pic of Lena, her mom Galina, dad Valentin and me.

2-6 - pics taken at the Lviv Chocolate Factory the day before my flight home. Spent over $50.00 buying chocolate gifts to take back home.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 05:14:49 PM »
Hammer, you lucky man!

Thanks for sharing your phtos of a beautiful family in Lviv.  Lena is better looking than the chocolate, and I love my chocolate.   :)

Offline jeff9556

• INTP
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 05:51:01 PM »
The beaver coat is indeed beautiful, as is your intended :)
My search was going so well, then life intervened... but I'm back!

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 05:54:41 AM »
Thanks for the compliments gents. I really am a very lucky man to have found such a vibrant, funny and wonderful gal. Now to get started on the Visa!!!!!!! My next trip this Summer should be to get her and bring her here to the US. :clapping:

Offline XMan

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »
Really enjoyed the photos. 

Looks like a great holiday time.

Best wishes.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »

Trip reports with photos are the best ones. Thanks for sharing Hammer. Hope the visa process goes fast and smooth for you and Lena.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »
Congrats hammer.....you are a lucky man to have found your special girl!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 07:44:22 PM »
Hammer-

Thanks for the report! I'm glad you had a great time in Ukraine during the holidays....

Lena looks a lot like Madeline Stowe to me, except I think Lena's eyes are prettier...

You're a lucky man!

My thought exactly about her looking like Madeleine Stowe lol

I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 11:54:02 AM »
Thanks for the compliments gents. I really am a very lucky man to have found such a vibrant, funny and wonderful gal. Now to get started on the Visa!!!!!!! My next trip this Summer should be to get her and bring her here to the US. :clapping:

Hammer-

Why is the girl on your avatar different than the girl you said here made you a very lucky man? She was vibrant, funny, wonderful etc, etc..

LMAO!  :o
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 12:05:19 PM »
Hammer-

Don't be shy now...Tell us what happened to good ol' Lena..It's the MOB, It's OK, this is normal.

I'm sure her family during that time were so elated thinking - ::::USA, here we come!:::::

:(

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 11:26:34 AM »
lol, you sir are a real moron and a troll. If you had half a brain, you would have done some reading here instead of reviving a thread that is 7 years old....

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 11:32:50 AM »
Vladivostok!!!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1884
Total: 1895

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM