It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: retirement in Ukraine  (Read 10616 times)

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
retirement in Ukraine
« on: April 08, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »
Guys, I will be eligible to retire this year and receive a state government pension. Some countries will accept retirees with a certain amount of income to retire in their country. Does anyone know if Ukraine has something similar?

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: retirement in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 10:26:09 AM »
Your biggest concern should be health care.

You can get no coverage from Medicare outside USA, even as you have paid into it forever.

Also, you must begin paying for drug coverage in USA, even as you will not be able to use it outside USA.
If you don't pay for drug coverage, then later you will be penalized with higher drug coverage premiums for every month you did not have prior drug coverage.

And eventually, you will want to return to USA permanently when your health situation becomes serious.  So don't kid yourself.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 10:34:26 AM »
your main issue will be getting permanent residency if that’s what you want, otherwise you have a second home to switch to when your 6 month visa free residency expires

get a Ukrainian tax ID and open a bank account in Ukraine
your social security can be automatically deposited in your US bank account, then once a month you wire money to your Ukrainian bank account (do online from Ukraine!)

these are the basics

I lived in Ukraine with a wife and 2 children for 3 years...
At the time, I had a 5 year multi-entry private visa, which allowed me to stay for 6 months and then go to an Ovir office, pay 50 USD bribe, get an Ovir stamp and I was good for another 6 months, I don't know if Ukraine still has this system, but it worked for me!!

was happy to leave Ukraine and move to Dumbfuckistan, but it's getting old...
looking at buying a home in either Western UK or Holland this summer and doing what I did in Ukraine
both my daughters will have degrees in a  medical field in a few more years, and I'm pretty sure they will both leave the US after college and be part of the future US brain drain as the smart people begin to wise up and vote with their feet...

Offline jone

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 11:00:02 AM »
your main issue will be getting permanent residency if that’s what you want, otherwise you have a second home to switch to when your 6 month visa free residency expires

get a Ukrainian tax ID and open a bank account in Ukraine
your social security can be automatically deposited in your US bank account, then once a month you wire money to your Ukrainian bank account (do online from Ukraine!)

these are the basics

I lived in Ukraine with a wife and 2 children for 3 years...
At the time, I had a 5 year multi-entry private visa, which allowed me to stay for 6 months and then go to an Ovir office, pay 50 USD bribe, get an Ovir stamp and I was good for another 6 months, I don't know if Ukraine still has this system, but it worked for me!!

was happy to leave Ukraine and move to Dumbfuckistan, but it's getting old...
looking at buying a home in either Western UK or Holland this summer and doing what I did in Ukraine
both my daughters will have degrees in a  medical field in a few more years, and I'm pretty sure they will both leave the US after college and be part of the future US brain drain as the smart people begin to wise up and vote with their feet...

Krimster,

I am constantly amazed at the number of genius immigrants that we have coming into the US.  I live in a desirable area of Los Angeles and many of my neighbors buck the (false) trend that you seem to think the norm.  How long has it been since you've actually lived in the US?  You might be surprised.  The melting pot that was the source for innovation in the 60's 70's and 80's is alive and well in this generation. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Kunstkammer

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 11:16:13 AM »
I know it’s not Ukraine, but I’ve lived in Russia since 2009 and had permanent residency status since 2011. It made me eligible for public health insurance, I used it to get surgery for an ulcer in 2015. If I need some medical stuff done and I don’t want to deal with public health кто последний shit I just pay for it, it’s not like it’s expensive.

I’m only 39 but doubt I’ll be missing Medicare or feel some need to return to the states just because I’m old based on healthcare. My experience with Russian healthcare (ulcer surgery, birth of 2 children, check ups, sick children, immunizations, X-rays, dental visits, a broken bone, minor orthopedic surgery) has been nothing but positive when it comes to the result. Sometimes navigating the system has bumps, but I’m a result oriented person.

I’m actually paying into the pension fund here, if there is any money left in it when I’m russian retirement age I’ll probal get a whole thousand rubles a month!
По всему Кавказу про нас слава ходит, наш дедушка, наш Ермолов на всех страх наводит.

Online krimster2

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »
well aware of that, since my rolodex is pretty much a who's who of silicon valley where I lived for 20+ years and ran my own VLSI design co with IBM, NEC, etc as customers

If I were living in China or India and had money, I'd ALREADY have my kids enrolled in a school in the USA!
buuuuuuuut, I'm not livin in China or India....
the reason my Chinese or Indian friends want their kids here... $$$$$
but, this is not my motivation, I've already passed through that phase of my life
it's quality and not quantity that's important to me now
and take a good look around in good ole Dumbfuckistan - see any quality here?

Offline jone

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 11:33:48 AM »
Yes.  I do.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online krimster2

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 11:35:51 AM »
beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all...

Offline civi68

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 03:09:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I figured there wouldn't be much options beyond the 3 month stay/3 month at home unless you get married, start a business, or work for an employer. I just wanted to check since I heard other countries allow pensioners to stay.

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 04:32:54 PM »

looking at buying a home in either Western UK

That is my part of the world.....You have been warned.

Online krimster2

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 05:33:44 PM »
my grandfather and great-grandfather were both the head gardeners of the Whitfield Estate near Rochdale owned by the Clive family
would love to come back home...

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 10:51:42 PM »
my grandfather and great-grandfather were both the head gardeners of the Whitfield Estate near Rochdale owned by the Clive family
would love to come back home...

That is NW England.. quite another part of the world!

My Sis and Cousins live in S and E Gtr Manchester..do not know northern Manchester.

Offline alex330

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 11:24:28 PM »
I have only heard of a path to residency in Ukraine through marriage to a citizen or a direct investment of $100,000 USD (no personal property like a home).

Online krimster2

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 11:51:46 PM »
That is NW England.. quite another part of the world! "

I like how there are so many distinctive sub-regions in the UK complete with local dialects
it adds to the charm, but will take me awhile to drive though...
everyone in Holland speaks English and they drive on the correct side of the road, that's a big plus++
first time I drove a rental in London on a round-about was a wild adventure, missed my exit TWICE!!
then I was on some kind of feeder road to the M? freeway and the Police had a roadblock, when I get to the roadblock, I have to show some kind of petrol stamp
petrol stamp? what kind of foolishness is this?
did the fascists win the war, and we all have to go around showing our papers now?
traffic was backed up hundreds of meters over petrol stamps!!!
no wonder people vote Tory

Online krimster2

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 11:58:38 PM »
alex330

sounds like you're interested in a permanent residency card or PRC
details
http://lionsmark.com.ua/en/C/C3E.html

other ways
student
find a place to stay outside of ukraine until you can re-enter again

Offline msmob

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 12:49:31 AM »

then I was on some kind of feeder road to the M[Moby edit :Motorway]? freeway and the Police had a roadblock, when I get to the roadblock, I have to show some kind of petrol stamp
petrol stamp? what kind of foolishness is this?

In your imagination foolishness ?- never heard of such a thing

Offline alex330

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 01:10:01 AM »
alex330

sounds like you're interested in a permanent residency card or PRC
details
http://lionsmark.com.ua/en/C/C3E.html

other ways
student
find a place to stay outside of ukraine until you can re-enter again

Too old to go back to school, and not interested in Ukrainian residency tbh. Think 90 days would be enough for me at a time. But if I was I would just ask the wife   :)

Your comment on staying outside may work for the OP though. Looks like Poland is pretty easy to do.

Online krimster2

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 05:14:02 AM »
no msmob,
   this is legit, but was about 20 yr ago, the short explanation I was provided, related to the fact that some people in the UK, farmers? can purchase petrol without paying a tax, and this tax free petrol doesn't have some kind of purple dye in it, I know it sounds strange, but this is what the nice lady police officer told me as I was expressing my bafflement
seems believable to me since in the UK you had to have a license to even operate a TV set!
but to operate a road block to check the color of your petrol is madness...

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 05:23:23 AM »
no msmob,
   this is legit, but was about 20 yr ago, the short explanation I was provided, related to the fact that some people in the UK, farmers? can purchase petrol without paying a tax, and this tax free petrol doesn't have some kind of purple dye in it, I know it sounds strange, but this is what the nice lady police officer told me as I was expressing my bafflement
seems believable to me since in the UK you had to have a license to even operate a TV set!

I have been driving on UK roads over 40 years  and have never, EVER been asked to prove if I was using legit diesel or petrol

Farmers use red diesel which is much cheaper ( much less tax) and not for use on roads..just for agricultural vehicles.

You need a TV licence if you receive UK sourced content....not if you  watch RUSSIAN TV by satellite. ..a fair price to pay for not having ad breaks. ..which drive us crazy.))

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 07:19:35 AM »
Farmers use red diesel which is much cheaper ( much less tax) and not for use on roads..just for agricultural vehicles.
The same applies here in Italy. Agricultural fuel is not sold at normal filling stations, and spot-verifying its illegitimate use in road vehicles can happen in areas where farmers are well-known to often try the trick ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Online krimster2

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 07:43:15 AM »
folks, let me just tell y’all this... here at Bootleg Butane you’ll never have this problem
our products include all necessary additives, even a trained expert can’t tell the difference!
so don’t use fool fuel, be smart and come on by to Bootleg Butane off of I49 and General Lee Boulevard

Offline msmob

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 08:18:33 AM »
folks, let me just tell y’all this... here at Bootleg Butane you’ll never have this problem
our products include all necessary additives, even a trained expert can’t tell the difference!
so don’t use fool fuel, be smart and come on by to Bootleg Butane off of I49 and General Lee Boulevard

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather risk Novichok than watch US TV  ( the ad breaks )    ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 08:42:24 AM »
no msmob,

In America it's red dye added to off road diesel. Farm and construction equipment doesn't run on the highways and they are exempt from paying road taxes. The red dye distinguishes off road diesel from the clear diesel most buy at the pump. Highway trucks have to stop at weight stations. Some truckers get randomly inspected. Dept. of Transportation cops and highway cops can carry gear to extract fuel from tanks. They can check the fuel in cars and pickup trucks they pull over.

I believe what happened to you is true although most citizens of the UK have never had your experienced. Most Americans don't know there is a such thing as off road diesel that is dyed red free of highway tax and they can be stopped to have their vehicle checked for it.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 09:18:45 AM »
In Ireland the off-road diesel is dyed GREEN ;) ..Really

Online krimster2

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 10:07:24 AM »
as an American who’s lived abroad for a number of years, I can tell you that in pre-internet days BBC Radio/TV was sometimes my only contact with the outside world.

quality of BBC programming is un-paralleled, UpStairs/DownStairs to name just one of a huge list

always listened to BBC Radio
“The time now is Midnight thirty and now for the latest news” spoken in crisp patrician accent so sharp you could cut paper with it...

hopefully US networks that show hugely popular BBC shows pay something back to the BBC for this privilege!!

three cheers for John Bull!!!   hip!! hip!!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2321
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2311
Total: 2322

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM