It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Applying for Russian Visa from inside Belarus?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline zengeek

Applying for Russian Visa from inside Belarus?
« on: August 31, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »
Hi all,

I tried to search in this forum but couldn't find exactly the answer I need. If I missed it please let me know.

I am in Belarus, and hope to get a visa to enter Russia. The websites / services I found so far seem to suggest that I mail my passport to their company in the US or UK, then wait for a few weeks for the passport to come back.  I am unable to do that.

I am in Belarus, and hope to get a visa to enter Russia.  I think what I need is to find a company that will send me the invitation letter or related paperwork from Russia, then take it to the Russian embassy in Minsk for processing.

Can anyone suggest a company that can do that?  Or alternative ways for me to get a Russian visa when I am here in Belarus?

Thanks, -zg

PS.  Yes I have heard that these days there is no border control between Belarus and Russia. But crossing the border that way is still illegal and I do not know what kind of trouble I can get into.  If police checks me without visa in Russia, I could have big problems.  I do not want to take that route.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Applying for Russian Visa from inside Belarus?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »
I am in Belarus, and hope to get a visa to enter Russia. The websites / services I found so far seem to suggest that I mail my passport to their company in the US or UK, then wait for a few weeks for the passport to come back.  I am unable to do that.

I think what I need is to find a company that will send me the invitation letter or related paperwork from Russia, then take it to the Russian embassy in Minsk for processing.

Should be a piece of cake.  There are plenty of companies which offer on-line invitations for Russian tourist visas ($15-$30 or so) - you just fill out the application form, pay the money, and wait for probably less than 24 hours.  Ring the Russian Embassy in Minsk to confirm the procedure before going there, hand over your passport, and you should have your passport back (with the visa attached) within a couple of weeks (at most - it may be much quicker for someone on the ground, or you can pay double for express processing).

Offline zengeek

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 12:33:49 AM »
Hi Another Kiwi, thanks for the answer.  Out of these companies online, are there a few sites you recommend?  Thanks! -zg

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 04:38:15 AM »
Hi Another Kiwi, thanks for the answer.  Out of these companies online, are there a few sites you recommend?  Thanks! -zg

On my first trip, I used this company:

http://www.svezhyveter.ru/sv/visa.htm

Less than 24 hour processing for the invitation.  Various emails back and forth - always answered all my questions very quickly.  I was able to get to Izhevsk, where they are based, to thank them in person (on my second trip I got a business visa).  However, I doubt that you will have a problem with any of the companies which offer this service.

Offline zengeek

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 10:47:31 AM »
Thank you Another Kiwi, I will give this company a try.  Thanks! -zg

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 01:01:50 AM »
If you take the local bus from Vitsebsk to St Petersburg there is no border control between Belarus and Russia, so no need for a visa ;D Just keep your head down in Russia and make sure you return to Belarus before your Belarusian visa expires by the same route. So you can have a free week in Russia. Of course this is just for the adventurous and you will have to stay with some lady to avoid being registered. 8)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541437
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2056
Total: 2065

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 08:03:37 AM