It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: This board and my visits  (Read 2813 times)

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
This board and my visits
« on: March 02, 2021, 12:40:09 AM »
Honestly, once I find her and start our happy life in America. I may never visit this forum again. Thank you very much elders. Keep on passing it forward but I'm going to enjoy my lovely wife.

I will be forever grateful to such luminaries like 2tallbill, BillyB, ML, Patagonie, Trenchcoat et al but....got the girl, I'm done.

Anyone else feel this way?

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: This board and my visits
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 12:55:30 AM »
My girlfriend is great, cooks, cleans, works in my business full-time, wants kids with me, and reside in Ukraine. Few weeks ago, i told her something about my plans with my future skill development in the business, she responded with ' i believe in you'. I told her ' does not matter if you believe in me or not, i am going to get it done regardless'. The more you put your eggs in the basket in regards to happiness in one person, the more silly mistakes you make.

A woman needs to be part of your life journey, not her being you all and end all. Don't put your foot on the pedal too hard, take your time, make sure she is right for you, make sure she is committed to you, maybe not equally committed, but somewhat committed to yourself. Think carefully, relax, have other things in your life that you get your dopamine from, marrying a woman and bringing her to the US isn't a good place to get dopamine from.

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 01:18:37 AM »
Moving on is what 90% of the people do, and why it seems empty here at times.Unless you feel that you can contribute to this place because your recent experience might help out others it is the best policy.No need to sit around a bunch of self-declared experts on dating and he FSU that rarely visit nd were not dating in years, or have been unsuccessful for years.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 04:09:40 AM »
I like here the friendship and interact with interesting and nice people.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 06:28:08 AM »
Honestly, once I find her and start our happy life in America. I may never visit this forum again. Thank you very much elders. Keep on passing it forward but I'm going to enjoy my lovely wife.

I will be forever grateful to such luminaries like 2tallbill, BillyB, ML, Patagonie, Trenchcoat et al but....got the girl, I'm done.

Get comfortable 😂.... Even if you find a great woman on your first trip you’ve only trekked to base camp. You still have to drag yourself out of the crevasses and dig yourself out of the avalanches before you can even attempt to summit. I thought I could wrap this up in a year or two when I found a “good girl”.....I’ve almost been here for 5 years and returned to base camp a few times climbing the same mountain!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 06:32:21 AM by Davo »

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 08:20:56 AM »
Get comfortable 😂.... Even if you find a great woman on your first trip you’ve only trekked to base camp. You still have to drag yourself out of the crevasses and dig yourself out of the avalanches before you can even attempt to summit. I thought I could wrap this up in a year or two when I found a “good girl”.....I’ve almost been here for 5 years and returned to base camp a few times climbing the same mountain!!

WOW . . . a mountain climbing analogy.  I like it !!  Attempting the summit was more fun than being at base camp.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 09:38:26 AM »
Honestly, once I find her and start our happy life in America. I may never visit this forum again.

IMO 'finding her' is the easy part ;)

This place has a strange way of getting you to come back, so good luck with that part!

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 04:16:05 PM »
Just when I thought I was out. They pull me back in.

Maybe I might come back for advice on how to deal with my RW needing to go everywhere with me. Or maybe she might not understand that my ex is also my doctor - hm. Yeah I might still be coming back.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 05:19:24 PM »
Thank you very much elders.

The best way to thank people is to present them with a wad of cash! We are humble public servants here. We require only half the money scammers ask for and we won't lure you in with what's between our legs.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Intrepid Traveler

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 05:41:27 PM »

As a newbie to this forum, I will offer some advice; I hope I don't offend. Please remember that advice is sometimes only worth the price paid. Because you're getting my free advice, it might not be worth much.

You're putting too weight and responsibility on your future bride. She cannot bring you happiness. Only you can make yourself happy.

I think too many guys (and gals) believe that a relationship will solve all their hurts, needs, wants, and desires. In reality, you'll enjoy the novelty of a new relationship for a while, but then a relationship becomes work. You hope that the work is pleasurable and helps bring meaning to your life. But it will still be work in the sense you will have work at it. You will have still date her to show your interest and affection. You will have to be an interesting person. You will have to help her with her concerns. And,  of course, you both will have your issues to work through.

My advice is to do things that make you happy now. Find hobbies and interests that you enjoy. If you have any causes that interest you, participate in them. In other words, develop a meaningful and happy life that you can share with your partner. If you expect her to fulfill all those needs, then you're asking a lot.

I think too many people think that they are not complete or whole without their special someone. That's nonsense. You are already complete and whole. You're just looking to make your life even better than it already is. And yeah, I get it, sometimes life is difficult. But without those difficulties, you would never and appreciate the better times in life.

Speaking as a guy who hasn't been to a FSU country yet, my guess is those guys who have lots of interesting stuff going on back home find it easier to find a mate than those who are looking to place their mate at the center of their universe. They have more interesting things to talk about and are more interesting in general.

Of course, you're going to spoil her with love, attention, affection, and admiration. But she, too, wants to explore her new life and some interests of her own.

A prior post discussed base camp and mountain climbing. Consider finding your new bridge a never-ending adventure. The destination is not the important part. Instead, it is the process. How to you capture her attention and her love? How do you keep the candle burning brightly after many years? How are you going to weather the inevitable storms that visit every relationship?

I hope these thoughts cause some helpful reflection.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 12:51:03 AM »
Answer is simple. Do not get confused by her beauty and good habits. Look for the worst habits. If you can ive with that, you can pass many years.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 06:30:13 AM »
Answer is simple. Do not get confused by her beauty and good habits. Look for the worst habits. If you can live with that, you can pass many years.

Sounds like good advice.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 08:22:07 AM »
Answer is simple. Do not get confused by her beauty and good habits. Look for the worst habits. If you can ive with that, you can pass many years.

And make sure she can put up with your worst habits.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1966
Total: 1977

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM