It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Agency Code of Ethics (ACoE) 0.1 Released -> Comments Here  (Read 48169 times)

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Agency Code of Ethics (ACoE) 0.1 Released -> Comments Here
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 06:15:06 AM »
Dan, I know you and others have put a lot of effort into the ACoE but without widespread acceptance of the document and the possibility that it won't be read by many customers if it's not accessible on agencies front pages and in bold print, the code may not hold value but for a few. I do admire your efforts to improve an industry that needs improving. My two cents.
don't agree, our Anti-LuckyLovers tread with our standart and list of non-recomemded agencies and site the most popular article
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 07:28:14 AM »
Careful - you may be on to something   ;)

- Dan

Dan,

Oh sure, use my idea and no stock options. ;D

Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline Lviv

• Commercial Member
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 01:46:32 AM »
Hi Everyone.  I just read the agency code of Ethics and must say i am impressed. It is a very good.
As an agency owner I have no problem conforming to the policies of the ACoE except for 1 point. In section 6-B it says IR will basically check agencies. I have no problem with this except for the last line where it says the agency shall provide IR with a full agency Client staus for inspection.
Now considering that IR is 3 different agencies joined together in this group, I see no benefit to me by giving them a list of my clients to email and promote there sites. I think this goes against the privacy policy set out in earlier chapters also.

Just my thoughts.
Lviv
http:www.lvivbrides.com

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 05:56:44 AM »
I see no benefit to me by giving them a list of my clients to email and promote there sites. I think this goes against the privacy policy set out in earlier chapters also.
I think you misunderstood! As I read it, they want to be able to log-on to your website like a client, so they can see what the client would see. Besides Dan's already married so I don't think you have to worry about him stealing any women  ;D (especially if his wife has anything to say about it!)
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline Lviv

• Commercial Member
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 11:23:54 AM »
Well If I misunderstood and they just want to log on as a customer, then so be it. I have no problem with that as I would like everyone to log on and see some of our great women, and also see the ones we blacklisted on our sight. I think all agencies need to be responsible and I know Dan worked hard on this ACoE, but really any honest agency should have the standards he proposes, answer all client and non client emails as best they can, be more then willing to have phone converstaions and anything else possible.
Any man honestly searching for a FSU woman, should screen his agencies carefully and I am not against that.
Hope everyone is having a nice day.
Lviv
http://www.lvivbrides.com

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 02:24:30 PM »
I'm right there with ya' Lviv, couldn't agree more.
But gotta give you a tip. It is against the TOS of this board to put your agency link in your posts. JFYI
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 03:19:48 PM »
Hi Everyone.  I just read the agency code of Ethics and must say i am impressed. It is a very good.
As an agency owner I have no problem conforming to the policies of the ACoE except for 1 point. In section 6-B it says IR will basically check agencies. I have no problem with this except for the last line where it says the agency shall provide IR with a full agency Client staus for inspection.
Now considering that IR is 3 different agencies joined together in this group, I see no benefit to me by giving them a list of my clients to email and promote there sites. I think this goes against the privacy policy set out in earlier chapters also.

Just my thoughts.
Lviv
http:www.lvivbrides.com

Bill,

Just a couple of quick comments:

IR is not "3 different agencies joined together in this group." IR is merely a collection of related websites which I then clustered under an umbrella organization named 'International Relations.' There is no agency interest whatsoever.

You are correct that the certification process may involve close-up inspection of agency records. HOWEVER (and this is important), there is nothing to prevent the agency from coding those records so as to obscure the personal details of the client. The goal of the certification is NOT to gain access to sensitive information. The goal of the certification is to confirm ethical behavior on the part of the agency - in a way that is more transparent and offers greater assurance to the users of that agency's service(s).

Please let me know if this needs additional attention.

And BTW, there was one small language addition to the ACoE today - along with two spelling corrections.

- Dan

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1997
Total: 2006

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM