It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trip Report  (Read 20492 times)

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trip Report
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2018, 12:10:55 PM »
So, that's 4 times less than your first post ..and his average started at 12K - so you thought you'd use the highest figure - Oooops indeed
His estimates for what guys who do this on their own probably equates with what he charges.

Read my post after that. And that was in 2010. A number of guys we have spoken in chat to were quoted 20k to start.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »
Unless YOU were quoted that - it's hearsay...

No doubt the guys who claim such a thing will claim they never took up Ed's services ...  as he was 'too expensive' ..

My 'beef' with what you posted is that unless you know Ed or have used his services - you are in no position to judge

Offline southernX

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »
alex The flowers was a bad move as others have said. It could have impacted her negatively at work and day to day life. In fact many Ukrainian women will not tell anyone they are dating a foreigner or moving overseas for a number of reasons. Jealousy, loss of employment, sabotage, and lets not forget the whole superstitious aspect

agree as above ,my wife did not  tell her inlaws ,or work colleagues etc , she did not wish to be sacked or have months of resistance to her taking their grandson to another country so there can be lots of reasons why you should not proceed as odba did without your ladys sign off

The extra items on the menu, padded taxi bills, Meeting a woman on her birthday? In Ukraine birthdays are quite special. I find it hard to believe a woman would spend it with a stranger versus family or friends...

it happens , my wife did spend her birthday with me on my first trip out there , and it was a significant bthday , but she only had her mum and young child at the time all other family [inlaws and blood relatives ] lived away from her city ,

remember there are no rules set in concrete for this adventure , each one is personal so trsut your gut insitincts , but dont be paranoid

SX

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2018, 04:15:16 AM »
OK Mila and the others; the flower situation has been beaten to death.

But the OP had many other complaints . . . not just the flower situation.

The rest is just fluff. Had the OP come here in real-time and posted a day-by-day, blow-by-blow account, then I think it would lend a little more weight to his grievances. Instead, he waited until after he'd taken a further trip to FSU and still not matched with anyone.

His resentful tone just strikes as someone looking for a scapecoat and trying to sling mud. Not trying to undermine the importance of honest practices, but it seems like this stuff was not all that important at the time and only became an issue after the lady he was pursuing decided she was no longer interested.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2018, 04:22:08 AM »
I would actually say they are family orientated but its not always easy to get to that, cultural differences and other issues the girls have get in the way. These I think can be too easily underestimated, I did, and often not easily got around. For where I am in the UK local girls are simply not even on the table as an option, feminism has seen to that. Most men I am guessing look abroad as they see they have little other choice. It is often said that if you can date locally & find someone decent most would whether its WM or FSW.

Rubbish again and you know it. You CAN'T get a local girl, so why do you expect to go to FSU for a 1 week trip and expect to be able to?

Offline oldernotwiser

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »
I told Mila that I don't need her for the second meeting with S that evening. She said S wants her there. S speaks pretty good English. Why does she need an interpreter? We spent the dinner talking in English.

Here is my question, if the lady speaks English, why the need for an interpreter?  I can see the need for maybe someone to act as say a chaperone, the first time meeting with a stranger, maybe you want the person making the introduction to stick around.  How long should that continue?  Often, I know there can still be misunderstandings with a fsu lady who does speak some English.  I often have to be careful when using idioms around the wife.  However, might as well find out how well you can communicate sooner rather than later.  If the lady does not speak the same language, I think you still have the same issue.  How long should the interpreter stay connected, shouldn't you think of a way to communicate without the third person if you are serious about building a life together.  Isn't a woman that requires an interpreter to stay connected after initial introduction a serious red flag?

Offline alex330

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »
Here is my question, if the lady speaks English, why the need for an interpreter?  I can see the need for maybe someone to act as say a chaperone, the first time meeting with a stranger, maybe you want the person making the introduction to stick around.  How long should that continue?  Often, I know there can still be misunderstandings with a fsu lady who does speak some English.  I often have to be careful when using idioms around the wife.  However, might as well find out how well you can communicate sooner rather than later.  If the lady does not speak the same language, I think you still have the same issue.  How long should the interpreter stay connected, shouldn't you think of a way to communicate without the third person if you are serious about building a life together.  Isn't a woman that requires an interpreter to stay connected after initial introduction a serious red flag?

Agreed. Unless her English is poor it is a red flag. She is proba bly not into you or there are other motives at play. First meeting with a terp is pretty normal as many are not very confident in their spoken English. And many want another woman there in case of any issues with a strange man. But after that? It's how agencies manipulate men.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2018, 12:26:00 AM »

In any case, the woman dropped the man in a flash and had no plans to reconcile, just because of "embarrassing flowers" at work apparently.

Clearly she had reasons to think he wasn't good enough for her. Who knows what she was thinking.  :-\

If she's not interested, then she's not interested. Time to move on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:31:11 AM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2018, 12:53:05 AM »
I think you’re mistaken. She didn’t want anything to result in her losing her job. It was a huge faux pas on the OP’s part.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2018, 12:59:10 AM »
I think you’re mistaken. She didn’t want anything to result in her losing her job. It was a huge faux pas on the OP’s part.

Assuming that is true, she could have at least explained it to him and forgiven him if she was still the slightest interested in the man.

Why the need for aloofness? And Mila to explain it to the man in her stead? Ukrainian culture? Doesn't seem to make much sense.
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline msmob

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2018, 03:47:37 AM »
Gents,

I've just remembered that I once sent a lady flowers ( Kyiv) - involving the firm taking a photo of the lady with your delivered gift ..

OK, they called her before-hand and they were delivered to her home - but the photo clearly showed her discomfort.

Thoughtless ( clueless ) of me ? Yup... 

I now cringe at the very thought.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2018, 04:16:25 AM »
Assuming that is true, she could have at least explained it to him and forgiven him if she was still the slightest interested in the man.

Why the need for aloofness? And Mila to explain it to the man in her stead? Ukrainian culture? Doesn't seem to make much sense.
Because she has a very official position.  If someone in a country full of sophisticated hackers wants to replace her, and arranges to hack into her email after the flower delivery, the communications with the foreign man could make their way back to her office.  The man is far away, there is no certainty he will ever return, and she still has to put food on the table.

The woman called Mila as she assumed it was Mila who had arranged the delivery.  The woman was scared off.  There was no deep relationship between her and the OP.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:36:19 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline wallm

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2018, 07:55:42 AM »
If she's not interested, then she's not interested. Time to move on.

I believe he said he moved on. He went back to ukraine after meeting ladies on free sites.

Offline wallm

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2018, 07:58:10 AM »
So, odba, did you scare S off with your romantic gesture? What is the real story about sending flowers to her office? Considering what you said about Mila, I suppose it is possible the truth is something else.

If that culture punishes women for receiving flowers, perhaps you should look elsewhere.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:01:54 AM by wallm »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2018, 09:39:22 AM »

Most women over there don't want a man who has to be taught. They want to guy who has a good understanding of life. That is another reason she's not wasting any more time with him.

I hope Odba comes back and explain how he got the address to her work. If she gave it to him, that's fine, if he did some detective work, it could spook her.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline wallm

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2018, 10:16:26 AM »

Most women over there don't want a man who has to be taught. They want to guy who has a good understanding of life. That is another reason she's not wasting any more time with him.

I hope Odba comes back and explain how he got the address to her work. If she gave it to him, that's fine, if he did some detective work, it could spook her.

Billy, how would he know about women getting fired because of flowers? Needless to say, here in America we send flowers to our women at their offices without these shameful repercussions. He obviously had no idea about what would happen in Ukraine.

Perhaps this should be included in the FAQ so in future men will know what not to do.

Can we stop making grandiose assumptions till we get his side of the story?

Does this (women getting fired for receiving flowers at work) happen in Russia too?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:26:27 AM by wallm »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2018, 04:51:56 PM »
That's because of the rule of law and all the laws enacted under pressure by Western "feminazis".

The "culture" does not punish women for receiving flowers.  Flowers received by a local man, for example, would not have caused a kerfuffle, though local men would not usually send a woman flowers at the office, unless delivering them in person.  The problem is that if a woman is receiving flowers from a foreign man, she is possibly looking to emigrate, and an employer is going to look for someone who is not looking to emigrate, even if that means replacing her.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:33:39 PM by Boethius »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2018, 05:51:21 PM »
Billy, how would he know about women getting fired because of flowers? Needless to say, here in America we send flowers to our women at their offices without these shameful repercussions. He obviously had no idea about what would happen in Ukraine.

There's no guarantees any woman will get fired if a Western man sends her flowers but those women don't want to give their boss the impression they are about to quit and are moving to another country.

I think it's bad to send flowers to a woman's workplace even in America right after a first date. A guy should make sure a woman wants to go on a second date with him first, don't you think? Flowers sent to a workplace after a first date has no benefit and can hurt a guy's chances with a woman. A guy gets a second date solely based off his performance of the first date.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline wallm

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2018, 06:36:59 PM »
There's no guarantees any woman will get fired if a Western man sends her flowers but those women don't want to give their boss the impression they are about to quit and are moving to another country.

I think it's bad to send flowers to a woman's workplace even in America right after a first date. A guy should make sure a woman wants to go on a second date with him first, don't you think? Flowers sent to a workplace after a first date has no benefit and can hurt a guy's chances with a woman. A guy gets a second date solely based off his performance of the first date.

Oh boy! I was talking about women we are in relationship with such as girlfriends, wives...who is talking about flowers after first date?

I believe OP said he met S twice and sent her flowers after he returned home.

This guy hopefully will come back and read what has become of his report and clear up somethings.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2018, 07:01:32 PM »
Oh boy! I was talking about women we are in relationship with such as girlfriends, wives...who is talking about flowers after first date?

I believe OP said he met S twice and sent her flowers after he returned home.

My mistake, I went back and read he had a second date with the lady and sent the flowers after he went home. Best place to send the flowers would be her home. A good job is valuable over there and the ladies would like to keep them unless they find a guy they'd move for. Two dates is too early for the lady to consider Odba the guy.

Offline odba

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2018, 10:05:26 AM »

Hello Obda,

I am sorry you were unhappy with my services...

I recall our emails a little differently.  S was very interested in you, and I do not know why she stopped writing you.  However, I do know what occurred with the flower delivery.  S works in a very official job, and she was in a serious meeting which was interrupted by the flower delivery person.  S was upset that her meeting was interrupted and she was given flowers in front of her whole office.  For women in Ukraine, these types of things, especially if speculation is she will leave her job to move abroad, can kill a career.  Because of that delivery, S called me and asked why I didn't make the flower delivery.  She assumed the delivery had been arranged through me, and had I come in, I would not have made a production of giving her the flowers.  I always call beforehand, to ensure it is convenient for the woman to receive flowers, and whether she wishes them to be delivered at work or at home.    That was why I emailed you, Odba, and asked why you didn't let me do that.  S asked me to.  Had you explained anything, I would have called S back with your explanation and crafted an apology for you.  But I needed to understand why you sent the flowers to her work.  I would have called S back to explain, and emailed you back at no charge.   

I was unaware that S stopped communicating with you.  Were I to guess why, I think it is because above all else, Ukrainian women are practical.  She sensed that continued communication with a foreigner would place her job, one that is high paying, in jeopardy.  Things with you may not work out,  and if they did not, she still has to support herself.  I am sorry things did not proceed as you wished over something that should have been trivial.

That is some cockamamie story you had come up with. Here is what you said to me in May 2017 the day I sent flowers to S.

“We are friends with her and usually I am responsible for my clients' orders but not someone else.”

“S is as close to me as my sister and I introduced her to you, and you picked someone else to surprise my sister.”

“P.S: if someone else delivers a present to N, I would not even care, but with S it is different...”

“You know that this is also part of my job and you still find other people to help you.”

“you did very well. She is happy.”

Really? So, she was not worried about losing her job? Now, after I write a trip report, all of a sudden she could have lost her job. She asked for an explanation. And you would have delivered an apology free of charge. smh.....

This is embarrassingly weak. I am all for everyone making a nice living and being prosperous. Do it with integrity though.

Offline odba

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2018, 10:09:45 AM »
Here are the facts. I did not send flowers to S’s work address. Why? I do NOT know her home/work address. It was very early in my courting of her. I asked the florist to call S (I gave S’s cell number) and ask S for delivery instructions. The florist couldn't have delivered to her work address unless asked to by S. Who else could have given the work address to the florist? If S was worried about being fired because she gets flowers at work, would she ask for delivery at work instead of home?

After the flowers were delivered, the florist sent me an email confirming delivery. That was my last contact with them.

Perhaps I should publish the Whatsapp message S sent me after delivery with photos of her with the flowers, which will debunk this new bullshit theory put out by Mila to cover up the fact that she was upset I didn't pay her, as I accurately described in the trip report. But I won't. Somethings will be kept confidential as they should be. S is a grown woman in her 30s who speaks good English. She should have the mindset to tell me directly instead of going through an intermediary, if the new theory is true. She never said any of that to me.

This much focus on S is unnecessary. I had moved on about 9 months ago. She should choose her friend/sister carefully however.

I will create a website with more detail about each day in Kharkiv. Perhaps I will add some photos too. Anyone who google searches Mila Lobunko by her name will be able to find that site to read a more detailed trip report. After that I will never again talk about this woman.

I am currently communicating with a few women from Sochi, Samara, Krasnodar and Rostov-on-Don. My current consulting engagement finishes in March. I am planning to go in April and spend a few weeks there. I am not going to write a trip report however.

Offline alex330

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2018, 10:26:46 AM »
Here are the facts. I did not send flowers to S’s work address. Why? I do NOT know her home/work address. It was very early in my courting of her. I asked the florist to call S (I gave S’s cell number) and ask S for delivery instructions. The florist couldn't have delivered to her work address unless asked to by S. Who else could have given the work address to the florist? If S was worried about being fired because she gets flowers at work, would she ask for delivery at work instead of home?

Well, that certainly makes sense and changes the story. Why is it Milas job to act like flower broker?

Offline msmob

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2018, 10:38:30 AM »

I am currently communicating with a few women from Sochi, Samara, Krasnodar and Rostov-on-Don. My current consulting engagement finishes in March. I am planning to go in April and spend a few weeks there. I am not going to write a trip report however.

Leave Sochi, 'til last - if you can and it will be nearly May and the  sea will be warmer and Sochi livens up.

Offline odba

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2018, 10:47:15 AM »
Leave Sochi, 'til last - if you can and it will be nearly May and the  sea will be warmer and Sochi livens up.

Thanks for the tip.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1865
Total: 1876

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM