It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trip Report  (Read 20497 times)

Offline odba

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Trip Report
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2018, 10:48:46 AM »

Well, that certainly makes sense and changes the story. Why is it Milas job to act like flower broker?

Because men can pay her to deliver and do it more expensively. As I said it is all about the cash for her and nothing more.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2018, 10:50:21 AM »
Thanks for the tip.

It is a FIFA 2018 World Cup host city- as is Samara - so things will be getting a little crazy in May ..

I live in Sochi half the year

Offline odba

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2018, 10:51:58 AM »

I was unaware that S stopped communicating with you.  Were I to guess why, I think it is because above all else, Ukrainian women are practical.  She sensed that continued communication with a foreigner would place her job, one that is high paying, in jeopardy.  Things with you may not work out,  and if they did not, she still has to support herself.  I am sorry things did not proceed as you wished over something that should have been trivial.

You described her as your sister. And you didn't know for the last 9 months that your sister stopped communicating with me? You don't speak to your "sister" at all anymore? How many women in this world don't talk about their personal lives with their sisters/girlfriends, especially when a man is introduced by one to the other? If you can't tell the truth, just say nothing.

Offline odba

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2018, 10:54:05 AM »
It is a FIFA 2018 World Cup host city- as is Samara - so things will be getting a little crazy in May ..

I live in Sochi half the year

hmm..sounds interesting. Being a yank, I am not much into soccer but it could be fun if I can get tickets. What hotels/apartments would you recommend? Thanks.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »
Here are the facts. I did not send flowers to S’s work address. Why? I do NOT know her home/work address. It was very early in my courting of her.

I also wondered how you would get her work address so early in the courting phase. Now we have two very conflicting stories. You say you didn't send the flowers to the girls workplace and Mila says you did. It's hard for the experts at the forum to rule on this issue when we have all the facts but don't know which ones to use.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »
hmm..sounds interesting. Being a yank, I am not much into soccer but it could be fun if I can get tickets. What hotels/apartments would you recommend? Thanks.

Interesting....

Unless you extend your trip a month and a half(at least), forget about any soccer..er...football!!

Unless you have tickets AND accommodations already, everything is already booked
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2018, 12:07:51 PM »

I also wondered how you would get her work address so early in the courting phase. Now we have two very conflicting stories. You say you didn't send the flowers to the girls workplace and Mila says you did. It's hard for the experts at the forum to rule on this issue when we have all the facts but don't know which ones to use.

Here are the facts. I did not send flowers to S’s work address. Why? I do NOT know her home/work address. It was very early in my courting of her. I asked the florist to call S (I gave S’s cell number) and ask S for delivery instructions. The florist couldn't have delivered to her work address unless asked to by S. Who else could have given the work address to the florist?

As per odba's post, he asked the Florist to ask the girl first where she wanted it delivered, as he never had her work address to begin with.
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline BillyB

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2018, 12:34:16 PM »
As per odba's post, he asked the Florist to ask the girl first where she wanted it delivered, as he never had her work address to begin with.

Assuming that is true, that still doesn't mean Odba's flowers went to her workplace if the lady requested they be delivered to her home. Could be two guys delivering flowers to the girl. Another guy's flowers could've went to her workplace? A popular girl gets lots of attention. I sometimes enjoy the flowers and candy some guys leave on my wife's windshield at college.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2018, 01:22:47 PM »
Because men can pay her to deliver and do it more expensively. As I said it is all about the cash for her and nothing more.

I think this is a bit unfair.  Do you work for free?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2018, 02:05:16 PM »
That is some cockamamie story you had come up with. Here is what you said to me in May 2017 the day I sent flowers to S.

“We are friends with her and usually I am responsible for my clients' orders but not someone else.”

“S is as close to me as my sister and I introduced her to you, and you picked someone else to surprise my sister.”

“P.S: if someone else delivers a present to N, I would not even care, but with S it is different...”

“You know that this is also part of my job and you still find other people to help you.”

“you did very well. She is happy.”

Really? So, she was not worried about losing her job? Now, after I write a trip report, all of a sudden she could have lost her job. She asked for an explanation. And you would have delivered an apology free of charge. smh.....

This is embarrassingly weak. I am all for everyone making a nice living and being prosperous. Do it with integrity though.

This post proves you don't understand the culture.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline alex330

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2018, 02:43:01 PM »
I think this is a bit unfair.  Do you work for free?

She had already done her job with the introduction and translations. Her job was finished.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2018, 02:44:36 PM »
I meant this -

As I said it is all about the cash for her and nothing more.

What else "should" it be about? 

Offline alex330

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2018, 02:59:56 PM »
I meant this -

What else "should" it be about?

Gotcha. Yes,  she has to run a business. And she can name her prices (some of them seemed reasonable in fact).

Not saying this is the case with the OP, but there are many men who travel to Ukraine and try to beat the locals up financially.

Offline msmob

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2018, 04:40:39 PM »

In Sochi we have Germany, Peru, Sweden, Spain, Portugal , Australia, Belgium and Panama..   Samara has  Russia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Serbia, Australia, Uruguay Senegal and Columbia

In Sochi the decent hotels are fully booked or daft prices.. We have two apartments that we rent out on airbnb and booking.com and we simply don't  know whether to 'release them' or 'hold back' ..

I think not many foreigners will come

Offline osis

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2018, 02:37:21 AM »

. I think it is because above all else, Ukrainian women are practical.  She sensed that continued communication with a foreigner would place her job, one that is high paying, in jeopardy. 

Lady S was actually the 4th lady i met.She told me,she was working for the goverment (municipality?) and was responsible for the permits for advertising billboards.

Offline msmob

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2018, 04:30:55 AM »
Interesting....

Unless you extend your trip a month and a half(at least), forget about any soccer..er...football!!

Unless you have tickets AND accommodations already, everything is already booked

Er, NO  it's not ... I speak for Sochi - only - but unless you involved in renting out accommodation - how would you know?  In Sochi I know several of the big hotel managers, personannly

There'll be rooms- you can still buy tickets and you can still get a Visa to come- there's still time to register for FIFA accreditation - buy a ticket and come - visa free

LAman, you are normally much better informed than this

Many of the hotels that are booked have been booked by firms who are speculating demand I frankly don't envisage - judging by the England supporters who won't come  (

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2018, 08:05:15 PM »
I've just remembered that I once sent a lady flowers ( Kyiv) - involving the firm taking a photo of the lady with your delivered gift .. OK, they called her before-hand and they were delivered to her home - but the photo clearly showed her discomfort.  Thoughtless ( clueless ) of me ? Yup... 
I now cringe at the very thought.
I did the delivery guy with flowers thing with one lady from Moldova years ago in the winter.  Turns out they had little heat in her building that month and no hot water.   She hadn't had opportunity to wash hair in days.  Refused to have a picture taken, but did let him come back a couple days later when she was better prepared.

But there was a very good reason for doing it.  In those days, accurate non-glamour photos of some of the ladies were hard to get from them.   This was one way to get a few good photos.

Looks like this lady has a good collection:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=299
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:45:48 PM by JohnDearGreen »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2224
Total: 2235

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM