It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Seventeen Moments of Spring - Russian TV Series  (Read 842 times)

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Seventeen Moments of Spring - Russian TV Series
« on: June 18, 2020, 06:57:35 PM »
I was wondering how many members watched this 1973 Russian spy movie and what your opinions were of it.  Unlike a James Bond movie with lots of special effects, this movie was more thought provoking but hard to follow. It created a lot of thinking about the plot to keep up with all the characters.  The English subtitles apparently were made for British English because some of them made no sense to me.  We watched all 12 episodes as a family over several evenings.

I thought the acting was superb but wish they had made an English voice-over of the Russian speaking rather than the subtitles.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Seventeen Moments of Spring - Russian TV Series
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 09:58:44 PM »
I was wondering how many members watched this 1973 Russian spy movie and what your opinions were of it.  Unlike a James Bond movie with lots of special effects, this movie was more thought provoking but hard to follow. It created a lot of thinking about the plot to keep up with all the characters. The English subtitles apparently were made for British English because some of them made no sense to me. We watched all 12 episodes as a family over several evenings.

I thought the acting was superb but wish they had made an English voice-over of the Russian speaking rather than the subtitles.

I've found it on Youtube, thanks, and can tell you, after watching 15 minutes, that the subtitles are NOTHING like any 'British' English I've come across.. :popcorn:

To me, it's clear it was translated by a non-native speaker

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1967
Total: 1978

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM