It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: "Why don't you just date an American woman?"  (Read 121743 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: "Why don't you just date an American woman?"
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2011, 09:21:24 AM »
Vincenzo,

A long list; however, you forgot to state that RW eat much more cabbage, carrots and beets than "sea products."

Things are changing. 

But I know that Russian girls are more down to earth than American, especially in provincial cities, and especially in Siberia.

The major differences perhaps derive from a different level of lifestyle affordability.  Provincial RW ususally do not have the same income as Moscow RW. 

They can cook, sew, knit.

Rare indeed is the RW who does not cook.  Moscow RW over 30 can sew and knit yet choose not to unless compelled.  Such was a necessity in the past.  Today, a RW working in Moscow at a good job will earn enough money to pay someone to sew.   

I do not know if the very young RW can sew.  My father knew how to plow with a mule.  I never needed that skill.   :D

They can easily walk miles on high heels.

In 2002 women from Moscow, Kiev and St. Piter walked miles with me as I explored their cities.  They also walked to mass transit to work because they did not have cars. 

In 1987 my Dutch friends and I drove to the Kremlin walls and parked.  Plenty of free parking spaces.  We returned and people were lined up to take photos of themselves in front of his Mercedes Benz.  20 years later it was very difficult to find a parking space near my ex-wife's Moscow apartment outside the Third Ring, and just three years earlier such was not a problem.

They can be happy without expensive cars, diamonds, and designer outfits. But when a man presents something beautiful, a Russian girl will enjoy it.

Confusing; AW appreciate beautiful gifts.  Regardless of her city, a good RW will  judge you based on your character, not the pretty gifts you provide.  Yet there is always some peer pressure ("keeping up with the Jones's").  And I doubt any RW will accept a man spending more on himself than on her.

Vincenzo, I get the impression that either you do not have much discretionary income or you are a cheapskate.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:24:26 AM by Gator »

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2011, 09:32:18 AM »

It sounds like you see only what you want to see. There are plenty of Mercedes, BMWs, Lexii, Hummers and other more expensive vehicles in Siberia.

How would you know anyone purchased their car used in the first place???
Well, it was easy to spot used Toyotas because most of them were Right Hand Drive. Mark II, Crown, Corona...
I even strolled to an auto market. 90% cars were Japanese. However, I saw the French Peugeot RCZ, it was gorgeous.

Check the steering wheels.

Offline Jooky

« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »
Well, it was easy to spot used Toyotas because most of them were Right Hand Drive.

I'm not following your 'logic' here... are you saying you deduced that people buy used cars because they are right hand drive?  :-\  Can't buy a new right hand drive car?

Offline siberia

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »
@ Vincenzo, yes, I am with Jooky, my Father in Law from NSK bought a brand new right hand drive car. Why would you assume it was used just cause it was right hand drive?  :cluebat:

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2011, 04:54:13 PM »
@ Vincenzo, yes, I am with Jooky, my Father in Law from NSK bought a brand new right hand drive car. Why would you assume it was used just cause it was right hand drive?  :cluebat:
Russia is not the UK. No dealership sells brand new right hand drive cars.
However, the car laws in Japan are very strict and the public transportation is excellent; so, the Japanese dump hardly driven cars when their autos can't pass checks (shaken).

What year is you father-in-law's car? Does he have warranty?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:04:36 PM by Vincenzo »

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »
.... If a woman has good character, good personality, and I can have a good emotional connection with her, I can be her friend. That's it. She has to be appealing to my eye to be my lover otherwise I can't get it up. Men should be honest with themselves. If a woman is a good friend and good lover, then she's a keeper.

Personally, I can't be too quick to say that BillyB. I've had more than a few FWB in my lifetime to agree with you on this.

As for a woman's attractiveness as the leading motivation for sex...I'll give you that's part of it. All of it? I don't agree. The ol' saying comes to mind, BillyB; ...for every gorgeous woman out there, there's a man who's sick and tired of ------ her.."

The whole 'I do it for her pleasure just so I can plant the flag of Iwo Jima, beat my chest and scream like Tarzan' talk smacks of what we cred P-Dope. Players play the game one-and-done.

C'mon BillyB, get real...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Nat

« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »
Russia is not the UK. No dealership sells brand new right hand drive cars.

They are easily smuggled in the country :) And speaking of warranty - I don't know how it is in the USA, but in CIS countries warranty is more of a headache than a benefit :)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
As for a woman's attractiveness as the leading motivation for sex...I'll give you that's part of it. All of it? I don't agree. The ol' saying comes to mind, BillyB; ...for every gorgeous woman out there, there's a man who's sick and tired of ------ her.."

I didn't say I could sleep with a beautiful woman no matter how bad her attitude is. Just because I stated I got standards when it comes to a woman's beauty doesn't mean I got no standards when it comes to her attitude or mental capacity. You're just assuming.

Aside from girls like Paris Hilton and the drama she brings, I don't agree that every gorgeous woman is a biatch. Go visit a trailer park and see how many ugly women possess bad attitudes.

I admire women who take care of their body. That's a healthy attitude. I've found many beatiful women possessing healthy attitudes and I've found women who neglect their bodies and personal hygene are usually depressed and disgruntled. The quality of body and mind usually goes hand in hand.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »
The problem with your argument Billy is that you almost always talk about unlikely extremes. So yes, I will agree that most people have limits but there are other factors at work here and I would also argue that if there was such a disconnect between a couple that one would gain such enormous amounts of weight without regard for their partner, there would usually have to be something else wrong with the relationship. And yes, in these extreme cases, attraction would probably suffer for most people, but perhaps this would not only be due to the weight gain but because of the underlying causes. I say this as weight gain in itself doesn't seem to effect the attraction amongst all couples. Anyway, your 100Kg weight gain examples are going to be rare even in the US, certainly so in Europe, so it's a silly argument.

But getting back to your constant harping, I'd say your idea of an acceptable weight gain threshold is fairly low and your view of what is "attractive" is superficial. That you so easily dismiss the emotional component of attraction in a loving long term relationship just reinforces my view that you are immature and emotionally damaged or unavailable.

He will never understand what you are saying, Ade.  Just as his female counterpart, who will leave a man if he loses a job, or finds another man willing to take her who makes more money, won't understand why others find this abnormal.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Darth_Budda

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2011, 02:17:40 PM »
They are easily smuggled in the country :) And speaking of warranty - I don't know how it is in the USA, but in CIS countries warranty is more of a headache than a benefit :)

The USA is the same,,,,

Warranties are just a scam to get you to pay more....

Like with electronics,, They wanted $25 dollars for a 2 year replacement warranty on a $70 dollar web cam..

In two years it will be obsolete,,,,,,,
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »
Everything I get seems to be obsolete the next day.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Boethius

« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2011, 02:26:33 PM »

The USA is the same,,,,

Like with electronics,, They wanted $25 dollars for a 2 year replacement warranty on a $70 dollar web cam..

In Canada, warranties are good.  The kids' XBox had a problem, and when I called, Microsoft sent a new one, no problems.  Same with Dell laptops under warranty.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Muzh

« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »

The USA is the same,,,,

Darth, I bought a digital camera at Office Max and paid $14 for two-year warranty. Before the end of two years I contacted them because the pictures were not coming out good. I didn't have to mention that my little son lubricated the lens with yogurt. Got all the money I paid for the camera, including tax.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline BC

« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2011, 05:18:28 PM »

Darth, I bought a digital camera at Office Max and paid $14 for two-year warranty. Before the end of two years I contacted them because the pictures were not coming out good. I didn't have to mention that my little son lubricated the lens with yogurt. Got all the money I paid for the camera, including tax.

My son took apart my digital SLR.. to see what's inside.  It's hard to get mad at a curious 7 yr old.  Cleaned the prints off that little mirror and lenses - works fine now.  Technology is quite robust now days.

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2011, 02:23:02 PM »
Another American movie about pirates.
Again, the producer couldn't find a good looking American actress.

The French mermaid Syrena is so lovely.

The Australian mermaid Tamara is too vicious.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:24:46 PM by Vincenzo »

Offline mies

« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2011, 09:13:40 PM »
Life's unexpected challenges is when you lose your job or when your face gets burned and arm amputated after a car accident. If you've been good to your spouse, he/she may stay by your side because you created love and a strong bond in your relationship.

Those things and others are out of your control. Some things are within your control. Over eating, alcholism, and gambling are a few. Being in control is attractive to women. I don't have those problems.

Billy, sometimes weight gain is a result or a side effect of health issues, for example hormonal dis balance. Hormonal disbalance can develop "naturally" or be triggered by hormonal therapy used to treat some other serious disease. After all, you aren't a God to control your body to that extent. If you could control your body that well, - why do you look your age and the way you look, and don't look like a 20yo Apollo? Do you think your weight/BMI is perfect? 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:18:31 PM by mies »

Offline mies

« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2011, 09:14:49 PM »
To the Russian Ladies on the board,

What is the "right" answer to the aforementioned question? To me the question has subtext of "What is this man's defect?"

Thanks.

The right answer is the honest one.
No need to look for subtext when you answer this question honestly.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
Do we have to go over this yet again?
Younger
Thinner
Easier
Or the guy has no social skills
Are we done yet? ;)
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline rockford75

• Married And Loving it!!!
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2011, 08:57:21 AM »
LOL..... :cluebat:   Thats like asking WHY DONT YOU DATE A CANADIAN WOMAN? The answer is simple. A waste of time and money!!! I was born and live in Canada I have dated lots of ladies all a waste of time and money. They are materialistic you need a big bank account to keep her happy. If there not happy wwwhhhhooooaaaa Look out shes out with your best friend or whoever taking it all off for them! I been to Russia once and iam going back in a couple days here to see my girl. I must say I got the most use of my dollar flying to Russia and touring. Man!! What a beautiful country!!! The ladies there are way more serious about there men and family. Love the old fashioned values! To all FSU ladies hold your heads high!! After going to Russia a couple times yes i had to save some money. But if you do the math it was far cheaper for me to go to Russia for a month at a time. Then waste time and money on Canadian women!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2011, 12:18:35 PM »
LOL..... :cluebat:   Thats like asking WHY DONT YOU DATE A CANADIAN WOMAN? The answer is simple. A waste of time and money!!! I was born and live in Canada I have dated lots of ladies all a waste of time and money. They are materialistic you need a big bank account to keep her happy. If there not happy wwwhhhhooooaaaa Look out shes out with your best friend or whoever taking it all off for them! I been to Russia once and iam going back in a couple days here to see my girl. I must say I got the most use of my dollar flying to Russia and touring. Man!! What a beautiful country!!! The ladies there are way more serious about there men and family. Love the old fashioned values! To all FSU ladies hold your heads high!! After going to Russia a couple times yes i had to save some money. But if you do the math it was far cheaper for me to go to Russia for a month at a time. Then waste time and money on Canadian women!

I'd say the fault lies in you, and what you are looking for in a Canadian woman, not in all Canadian women.

I know lots of young Canadian women who don't care about a man's wallet.

If you want a FSUW, great.  But let's be realistic.  The issue, in the end, is not really "values".

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »
I like Canadian women. They're usually gorgeous women. At least the many I've seen in my life before.

I just wished they shaved their armpits a little more often...  :P   :)

1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BC

« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
I like Canadian women. They're usually gorgeous women. At least the many I've seen in my life before.

comeon GQ you know better than that...  Armpits I can handle... but unshaven legs and not blonde?.....  That was long ago in Germany..

All quite rare nowdays though. Shaved is 'in'.

As it regards RW, IMHE the razor is quite standard.. for both sexes and includes more than just facial hair.  Quite nice actually.

Tried yet?

Offline ML

« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2011, 12:57:46 PM »
Is it just my experience, but have others noticed that many FSUW seem to have very little hair on their legs?  And the hair that is there is very light and thinly scattered.

So I have been with several that do not shave their legs; but it is generally not noticeable unless you get up really close and observe carefully.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2011, 01:15:49 PM »

Hey, it's cold here.

We need to keep warm somehow. :P

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2011, 02:35:05 PM »
...Tried yet?

LOL! On the fear of TMI....let's just say, close by a hair!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1569
Most Online Ever: 12701