It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 7 most common mistakes in dating Ukrainian women  (Read 17701 times)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 7 most common mistakes in dating Ukrainian women
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 10:01:57 AM »
Shadow, I am a native English speaker.  Much of the television programming I grew up with came from the U.S. (US stations broadcasting in Canada), and there are parts of the US that, if I visit, no one will know I am a foreigner.  In Florida, they assumed I was a Yankee. 

As a Canadian, I also grew up on a lot of British programmes.  The best were stolen and reformatted by Americans, usually in an inferior manner (Robin's nest vs Three's Company).  My favourites were later, though - Drop the Dead Donkey, Absolutely Fabulous, and The Life and Loves of a She Devil.  I also use British spellings, as Canadians always have (Empire and Commonwealth, etc.).

An American visiting the UK will have no problem being understood in everyday speech, and vice versa.
However between America and England there is no problem of not being willing to understand each other.
With the small Belgian community there are many language problems, and not only between the French and the English. The West and East parts accuse each other of not being able to speak proper Dutch ( :rolleyes: ) and at times feign not to understand each others language.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline ghost of moon goddess

• Empty cans make the most noise :)
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »
 :offtopic:

If you want to keep your expressions convergent, never allow them a single degree of freedom.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 11:23:01 AM »
Yes, we assign each man his own translator/assistant for his entire stay.  Her job is to be his advocate - and you heard it from some of our guys that this is a big difference-maker.  She will give you her read on the ladies your dating as well as cut off any signs of scams (although we do that for the guys ahead of time).
I would never ask for, or care to listen to, the translators opinions.   When comparing a lady who speaks English and does not need translator service to a lady who speaks no English and needs mucho $$$ of translation service,  who do you think the translator will favor?

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 06:40:31 PM »
GOMG,

Post 51 brought a big smile to my face ~ thank you!

BdHvA
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
I would never ask for, or care to listen to, the translators opinions.   When comparing a lady who speaks English and does not need translator service to a lady who speaks no English and needs mucho $$$ of translation service,  who do you think the translator will favor?
you can ask any of my clients, any time we encounter a woman who speaks English they start chatting directly on Skype, so your suggestion that a woman's ability to speak English would somehow influence my behavior is incorrect. I can't speak for other translators off course.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Mark Davis

• Commercial Member
  • Mark & Anna Davis
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2012, 06:48:12 PM »

You bring up one valid point - who is paying the translator?  One of the biggest scams over there is the girl who wants her girlfriend to translate for her - only followed by the letter-writing agency who provides the translator.  We hire ours for an entire week - not by the hour - the fee is pre-negotiated.  Furthermore, they are trained by us on how to be the advocate for the guy and how to give him good reads on what's happening.

Under most circumstances, you would be correct.  That's why we're doing something different, the same way Ed is describing.
Best wishes for your success,
Mark & Anna Davis
Co-Founders
http://www.DreamConnections.com
Free 10-Day Video Course Available Online

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Kyrgyzstan
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2012, 06:51:44 PM »
Furthermore, they are trained by us on how to be the advocate for the guy and how to give him good reads on what's happening.

An that is perhaps the most important difference.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2012, 07:15:35 PM »
Hi Mark, it was nice chatting with you on Skype the other day  :)
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Mark Davis

• Commercial Member
  • Mark & Anna Davis
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »
Hi Mark, it was nice chatting with you on Skype the other day  :)

Hey, Eduard, connecting with you on Skype was a true delight.  You are the real deal and I support you and your system for helping men find the woman of their heart's desire.  My very best to you and your family and hopes for your continued success.

Mark   8)
Best wishes for your success,
Mark & Anna Davis
Co-Founders
http://www.DreamConnections.com
Free 10-Day Video Course Available Online

Offline Shadow

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2012, 01:16:34 AM »
Furthermore, they are trained by us on how to be the advocate for the guy and how to give him good reads on what's happening.

I would still prefer a neutral party.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
I do not know if the video is good or not, but it doesn't have subtitles (as I am a deaf person), but I do not believe in having translators. 

You cannot keep rely on translators when you make conversation with your lady, otherwise you might need him/her for your bedroom scene!!   :D

When I was in Cali, Colombia for my very first tour visit, I had 2 dates on the same day, and I did not want to use the translator but they advised me to use it. 

1st lady with translator
2nd lady without translator because the translator wasn't available.

1st lady spent too much time looking at the translator and learnt absolutely nothing, and relied on her in whole 1 hour.

2nd lady.  We went to the zoo and had a great time with her.  We managed to make the conversation together and worked out what we were talking about, and it was the most educational date.  She was willingly to learn about what we was talking about, unlike the 1st lady.

What would happen if the translator isn't around?  What will the 1st lady do?? !!!

You should really learn yourselves without using translator.  You can only use translators if they are urgent, document papers etc.

That's my 2 penny thoughts...
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 12:35:13 AM »

I agree. Having someone working for YOU, that understands the situation you are facing is far more valuable than some supposedly neutral third-party translator type. Their lack of being tuned in and reporting not only the words but the interpretations of the gal's behavior, tone and misrepresentations is worth a considerable amount. If nothing else, your peace of mind should be valued.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541740
Total Topics: 20872
Most Online Today: 1517
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1461
Total: 1471

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian women that are already living in the u.s.? need advice by Trenchcoat
Today at 05:00:33 PM

Re: Female geek - - - or not by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:39:23 PM

AM and RW ... are we compatible? by 2tallbill
Today at 04:01:40 PM

Re: Spinning a gal by ML
Today at 10:41:47 AM

Re: AM and RW ... are we compatible? by ML
Today at 10:39:43 AM

What women want... by 2tallbill
Today at 10:12:21 AM

Spinning a gal by 2tallbill