It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First timer headed to Ukraine  (Read 133361 times)

Offline Anechka

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: First timer headed to Ukraine
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »
Eduard, as I told before, the report looks like the guy is shopping for the pair of shoes, not meeting someone he found online and, probably, spent hours of talking... I don't know what I expect to see on the report like this but at least some feelings for the ladies he is dating, he spoke to them many times before, unless there is a language problem ... Which makes the situation really curious....

I might be having a mind of a real life dating person, not an online dating person, the rules might be different, I'm just talking about my impression, and sorry, I keep forgetting that not everyone is tri-lingual and not even bi-lingual since they are 15-20...

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2013, 10:46:35 AM »
Eduard, as I told before, the report looks like the guy is shopping for the pair of shoes, not meeting someone he found online and, probably, spent hours of talking... I don't know what I expect to see on the report like this but at least some feelings for the ladies he is dating, he spoke to them many times before, unless there is a language problem ... Which makes the situation really curious....

I might be having a mind of a real life dating person, not an online dating person, the rules might be different, I'm just talking about my impression, and sorry, I keep forgetting that not everyone is tri-lingual and not even bi-lingual since they are 15-20...

He's had a couple of threads so possibly, you didn't get all of the story. I believe he said that he'd skyped with the first lady and the woman he traveled to meet only twice. Coupled with some emails of several a week for a few months. Hardly the kind of communication where feelings could foster, wouldn't you say?

Offline Anechka

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2013, 11:41:02 AM »
He's had a couple of threads so possibly, you didn't get all of the story. I believe he said that he'd skyped with the first lady and the woman he traveled to meet only twice. Coupled with some emails of several a week for a few months. Hardly the kind of communication where feelings could foster, wouldn't you say?

So how much time do you /does he need to decide that this is /isn't the right person?

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2013, 12:50:11 PM »

Anechka as you are a woman I am sure that you prefer to read about the loveliness of her dress, the cuteness of her accent, the brand of her perfume and several other details that usually escape men.
Also men work different as women. Where women decide in very short time if they want to pursue someone (which you can clearly read in his report), men try to 'get used' to the idea first.

Lonedrake's report is far from business like. A business-like report is :
Woman A arrived at 10:05 instead of 10:00, I told her to be more punctual.
Woman B ordered a sandwich with her coffee, she must be a gold digger.
Woman C seems ok, I will put her on my list to call again after I meet the other 5.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Anechka

« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2013, 01:19:47 PM »

Lonedrake's report is far from business like. A business-like report is :
Woman A arrived at 10:05 instead of 10:00, I told her to be more punctual.
Woman B ordered a sandwich with her coffee, she must be a gold digger.
Woman C seems ok, I will put her on my list to call again after I meet the other 5.

Seriously about sandwich? You know, women are like men, they eat... I dated once a guy who had problems understanding that a girl can be hungry, lost 12 pounds in 3 months and then dumped him, no need to waste my time with a looser, he knew I was a full time student, I was studying at a different place to get another profession at the same time and I was working part time, so my choice was to get a nice dinner or to go for a date, every time I went for a date, I had to spell it out that I was hungry... Well, it was annoying... It doesn't mean I was a gold digger....

You made me laugh about punctuality comment  ;D

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »
So how much time do you /does he need to decide that this is /isn't the right person?

I would venture a guess that it is likely different for different people. Personally, I would have required much more communication before traveling to meet a woman. Him, not so much. That wouldn't make either of us right or wrong. Just different.

Offline Anechka

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
Lol, well, you are either attracted to the person or not, I understand it's different, I have a friend who's been dating a guy for 10 years, they have a lovely daughter, but he still can't decide if he wants to be with her. Very extreme case... I'm talking about normal people: when a guy decides for himself that this woman is the one? I'm not talking about proposal or any other commitment, yes, you need some time to know each other for that... But just to be honest with yourself, how much time you, guys, need?

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2013, 03:23:45 PM »
Lol, well, you are either attracted to the person or not, I understand it's different, I have a friend who's been dating a guy for 10 years, they have a lovely daughter, but he still can't decide if he wants to be with her. Very extreme case... I'm talking about normal people: when a guy decides for himself that this woman is the one? I'm not talking about proposal or any other commitment, yes, you need some time to know each other for that... But just to be honest with yourself, how much time you, guys, need?

I'm not sure what you're on about here.  He stated pretty clearly that the first lady that he went to meet has/had very little interest in him.  So, time to move on and he did.  There seems to be mutual interest with Eva and it shows.  Let's see where it goes.

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Anechka

« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2013, 03:29:40 PM »
I can read, thanks, it was a general question lol

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »

Apparently not..  ;D
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »

Some guys need 5 minutes, some 5 years. It's about the same timespan as ladies in my experience.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »

Some guys need 5 minutes, some 5 years. It's about the same timespan as ladies in my experience.
+1

Everyone is different.  My first trip to Russia, the lady and I both knew after about 30 seconds that nothing would develop (didn't stop us becoming good friends).  Second trip - took about four days for me to decide "no," but we still spent three more days together.  One that I dated later on that trip was a nice woman after nothing more (from me) than a good time, and that was fine - we each got what we wanted.  8)

Third trip?  That's the next one and, at this rate, it will take at least a week before one of us pulls the pin.  :D

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2013, 05:33:20 PM »
...... I'm talking about normal people: when a guy decides for himself that this woman is the one? I'm not talking about proposal or any other commitment, yes, you need some time to know each other for that... But just to be honest with yourself, how much time you, guys, need?

*Normal* (typical - an oxymoron) folks won't be in the MOB to begin with, right?

Anyway, it appears that it is more the rule than an exception that WMs can hear the angels from the heavens toll the bells after a week or two of Skyping and emails with some choice photos.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2013, 06:12:23 PM »
I dated once a guy who had problems understanding that a girl can be hungry, lost 12 pounds in 3 months
can I have his number? I need to lose some weight  :D
realrussianmatch.com

Offline I/O

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2013, 06:41:48 PM »
can I have his number?
Do you like boys?

Offline Eduard

« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
Do you like boys?
I like you, I/O :)  You look sexy on your avatar  :P
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Anechka

« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:31 PM »
can I have his number? I need to lose some weight  :D
guys on the forum were complaining that Saint Petersburg is too expensive... But some free advice, stop eating and start exercising, btw, there is a nice kettlebell kickboxing studio in downtown manhattan, every time you want to eat, just get a class there  ;D

Offline Anechka

« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2013, 07:23:29 PM »
I like you, I/O :)  You look sexy on your avatar  :P
:( you don't like my avatar?

Offline Eduard

« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2013, 07:54:16 PM »
:( you don't like my avatar?
It's too sexual... I'm a married man!  ;D
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Anechka

« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
It's too sexual... I'm a married man!  ;D
Better? It's my new year's outfit  ;D

Offline I/O

« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2013, 08:16:34 PM »
It's my new year's outfit
Take note boys - a new new years outfit every new year. 'Sway it is........

Offline Anechka

« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »
Take note boys - a new new years outfit every new year. 'Sway it is........
Hmm,didn't your wife tell you about Ded Moroz granddaughter Snegurochka?  ;D no way!  :popcorn:

Offline I/O

« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »
Hmm,didn't your wife tell you about Ded Moroz granddaughter Snegurochka?  ;D no way!  :popcorn:
God help me, I've been indoctrinated with just about everything Russian including the aforementioned characters, especially things relating to new year (read, new dress) for what seems like a lifetime - I admit I tend to switch off a bit these days,  but.......I was making a point to all the tightarses chasing Russian skirt that the spending doesn't stop when 'she' gets off the plane.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:39:00 PM by I/O »

Offline jone

« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »
guys on the forum were complaining that Saint Petersburg is too expensive... But some free advice, stop eating and start exercising, btw, there is a nice kettlebell kickboxing studio in downtown manhattan, every time you want to eat, just get a class there  ;D

Technically that is not correct.  I certainly don't think St. Pete is too expensive.  I love going there and staying for a week or two.  And I was the one who commented on the disparity between Russia and Ukraine.  But to an average guy who is making the evaluation of where he wants to go to spend money, if the cost of entry is 1/2 or 1/3 one place to another, most will chose the cheapest option.

As for the losing weight advice, you are spot on.  I went through P90X prior to going overseas (I finished in June and still do tune ups.)  I recommend weight loss and conditioning to anyone considering courting an FSU woman.    It makes you feel better about yourself and makes you more attractive to the ladies.  Heaven knows, I needed it.  And I am not significantly overweight at 192 pounds and stand six feet one inch. 

Self esteem is really a key issue in presenting yourself for a woman's inspection. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Anechka

« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »
God help me, I've been indoctrinated with just about everything Russian including the aforementioned characters, especially things relating to new year (read, new dress) for what seems like a lifetime - I admit I tend to stitch off a bit these days,  but.......I was making a point to all the tightarses chasing Russian skirt that the spending doesn't stop when 'she' gets off the plane.
He-he, tell me about it  ;D  since I don't need a reason to do shopping. I simply love it  :D well, it all depends on my mood, sometimes I prefer simply browse, sometimes I buy half of the store...
There is a good joke about shopping:
- Where is a woman's G-point?
- at the end of the word "shopping"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781