It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Differences between Russian women and Ukrainian women  (Read 4093 times)

Online Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Differences between Russian women and Ukrainian women
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 05:19:58 PM »
Geography and the volume at which they shout when you mention the differences.........
Hahaaaaaaaa
Who is louder?

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 05:32:21 PM »
Who is louder?
Mrs I/O once remarked to me - "There is a time in your life that you know about and I know about and it it's better if we don't discuss it"......... :-X

Online Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 05:35:50 PM »
Mrs I/O once remarked to me - "There is a time in your life that you know about and I know about and it it's better if we don't discuss it"......... :-X
Aha, Russians are louder. :D

Russian Women Discussion

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 05:35:50 PM »

Offline SANDRO43

• Sandro's Website
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »

;D :D
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

• Good Story
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »
When I search the Russian women dating sites I see there are also many Ukrainian women featured, and some Belarussian women. What are differences between them if any? ;D

Write a bunch of ladies all over the FSU. Visit the one you click with best no matter where she lives. If you found a winner, you'll learn your question really isn't important.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »

TG, this reminds me of the time I dated a woman from New Zealand... when I asked her the difference between Aussie girls and Kiwi girls, she said something similar.  Of course, she said the Kiwis were the trustworthy women, and the Aussies were arrogant, untrustworthy prostitutes who didn't know how to cook. :)

Maybe "prostitutes" is a little bit harsh  :D .

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »
Oh, actually there is a big difference- Russian women prefer this

While Ukrainian like this more

I didn't realise that my ex-wife must have been Ukrainian - she got me an absolute beaut with a rolling-pin one day (by accident, I hasten to add)!  :cluebat:

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 07:54:20 PM »
Mies, Russia banned the adoption by Americans.

:offtopic:   Unfortunately it's not just Americans.  Russia was one of the very few countries which allowed solo parents to adopt from overseas if they passed the very stringent requirements, but New Zealanders have now been banned from this because we have legalised same-sex marriage.  It has created quite an uproar here, especially with some people only one visit away from finally collecting the child that they have been expecting for three years or more.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 10:43:02 PM »

Given the kiwi men and their penchant for sheep, one might can understand their hostility
 :ROFL:
"It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled"  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Steamer

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 11:47:17 PM »
Dill, garlic , mayo and lots of sour cream. They torture their American husbands with borsh, okroshka and shuba russian style (if they don't behave) Like we say, till the last drop of blood. :crackwhip:

Garlic, mayo and lots of sour cream are great but dill in mashed potatoes is a crime against nature!
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet
Commander Cody

Offline I/O

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2013, 12:33:10 AM »
Aha, Russians are louder. :D
Was that AHaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh...ZZZZZZZ Russians are louder? I never carried a  dosimeter.

Offline marcusholgate

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2013, 04:24:31 AM »
Thanks all for the great info!! Liking all of it!!

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 05:43:58 AM »
As for body type - I've heard from many russian men that in their opinion, Ukrainian girls do look distinctively different from Russians. I tend to agree.
I would say the same too in a talk with an Ukrainian girl. 
Just because I need an easy  topic to start complimenting or just flirtation  :)
I hardly believe any of these men will tell the difference between ukrainian and russian girls at the beach.

Russian Women Discussion

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 05:43:58 AM »

Offline ML

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »
I hardly believe any of these men will tell the difference between ukrainian and russian girls at the beach.

That's right.

It's not until they take off the bottom part of the bikini that you
can tell the real difference.

Some very apparent differences then.
Youth and beauty are fleeting.  The ability to make a yummy chocolate cake lasts forever.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 08:31:51 AM »
Garlic, mayo and lots of sour cream are great but dill in mashed potatoes is a crime against nature!

During the first year of my wife's arrival, we were preparing dinner for some freinds when she decided she'll prepare the mash potatoes (LOL). I thought the color didn't look right when it arrived on the table, but thought maybe it was just the potatoes...

Not only did it have the dill, but instead of butter she used sour creme to mix in with the potatoes. Her reason, sour creme was healthier. I suppose she's right. No one ate the darn thing, thus, no idle carbs in your system.
People had added sour creme and chives on top of baked potatoes before, but actually mixing it in with dill and skipping butter in a mash potato altogether was just noxious.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:34:48 AM by GQBlues »
Get your RED on !

Offline Slingerland

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 09:43:19 AM »

TG, this reminds me of the time I dated a woman from New Zealand... when I asked her the difference between Aussie girls and Kiwi girls, she said something similar.  Of course, she said the Kiwis were the trustworthy women, and the Aussies were arrogant, untrustworthy prostitutes who didn't know how to cook. :)

Ironically, during the six months we (effectively) lived together, I did 100% of the cooking.

Offline mendeleyev

• Mendeleyev Journal
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2013, 12:29:17 PM »
GQ, we don't use dill in mashed potatoes but sour cream is a staple in those spuds.

I have adjusted to the "vhit-ah-mens" (vitamins) such as:

Vitamin C
Vitamin M (ayo)
Vitamin E
Vitamin S (our Cream)
Vitamin D (ill)
Vitamin B (eets)
etc...
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://russianreport.wordpress.com; Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2013, 01:11:17 PM »
I can agree about the sour creme, Mendy. But maybe the fact it was mixed in with dill that made it somewhat unexpected for me. It  just didn't taste right. Almost a sin.

Last we were in EuroAsia, one of the entree came with a steaming bowl of boiled potatoes on the side, with a healthy sprinkling of dill all over it. No one touched it.  :(
Get your RED on !

Offline ML

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2013, 01:30:30 PM »
This year, I finally helped Ochka prepare a garden.  A lot of time and expense for fencing, etc., because we are in the middle of a 'wilderness' with the full complement of animals.  [But we recently got indoor toilets.]

For me, the only worthwhile thing to grow is tomatoes.  Love those BLT's and you can't get anything that tastes like real tomatoes unless they are home grown.  All other veggies you can get with pretty good taste at supermarket.

Anyway, Ochka is very proud that she has and is growing her own DILL. 

OMG a complete meal was ruined the first time she used it.  Now it's a strict NO, NO except as put on her own food after in her plate.

And yet, I love dill pickles with pastrami sandwiches, etc.

P.S. And now we are overflowing with zucchini, squash, beets, etc.  That stuff just grows like wild.
Youth and beauty are fleeting.  The ability to make a yummy chocolate cake lasts forever.

Offline mendeleyev

• Mendeleyev Journal
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »
But maybe the fact it was mixed in with dill that made it somewhat unexpected for me. It  just didn't taste right. Almost a sin.

I wouldn't like dill in mashed potatoes either. I don't mind them on boiled if lightly sprinkled as they can be moved aside.

Mrs. M likes to bake chicken in Mayo and it surprised me at how it tasts good. Her's is a light mayo treatment, however Aunt Lyuba whose greatest fear has to be that the world will someday run short of mayo, bakes a chicken that is really a lot of mayo with the chicken hidden somewhere inside.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://russianreport.wordpress.com; Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline XMan

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »
I think you meant to say "farther West", not East.
Also be careful referring to some Ukrainians as Russians - you may get an agitated and negative reaction.
On a second thought, you would get even worse and stronger reaction if you ask a Muscovite "are you from Donetsk, or Gorlovka, by any chance?"  ;D
[/quote
Indeed. 
The eastern half (roughly) of Ukraine is very pro-Russian (for the most part).  When you get as far west as Lviv, it is very, very different.  As a foreigner, people generally appreciate it if you are least trying to communicate in Russian.  Many are not too inclined to speaking to Russians in Russian, however. 
There is even a restaurant in Lviv, which unfortunately I cannot remember the Ukrainian name of, but I believe translated it is "The Bunker."  Supposedly you are asked at the door, "are there any Russians with you?"  Cannot imagine it is serious, but goes back to the days when pro-Ukrainian independence fighters were fighting both Germans and Russians. 
When I spoke Russian to a store owner in Chernivtsi, she spoke Ukrainian and some German and was trying to teach me Ukrainian while I was there so I would not speak Russian in the future.  Hell, I have enough trouble with basic Russian.  Like I need to be confused further. 

Offline XMan

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 05:37:58 PM »
Somehow I got my text mixed into the quote in the above message.  Apparently I need more sleep.  So below is the text.
Indeed. 
The eastern half (roughly) of Ukraine is very pro-Russian (for the most part).  When you get as far west as Lviv, it is very, very different.  As a foreigner, people generally appreciate it if you are least trying to communicate in Russian.  Many are not too inclined to speaking to Russians in Russian, however. 
There is even a restaurant in Lviv, which unfortunately I cannot remember the Ukrainian name of, but I believe translated it is "The Bunker."  Supposedly you are asked at the door, "are there any Russians with you?"  Cannot imagine it is serious, but goes back to the days when pro-Ukrainian independence fighters were fighting both Germans and Russians. 
When I spoke Russian to a store owner in Chernivtsi, she spoke Ukrainian and some German and was trying to teach me Ukrainian while I was there so I would not speak Russian in the future.  Hell, I have enough trouble with basic Russian.  Like I need to be confused further. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
I wouldn't like dill in mashed potatoes either. I don't mind them on boiled if lightly sprinkled as they can be moved aside.

Mrs. M likes to bake chicken in Mayo and it surprised me at how it tasts good. Her's is a light mayo treatment, however Aunt Lyuba whose greatest fear has to be that the world will someday run short of mayo, bakes a chicken that is really a lot of mayo with the chicken hidden somewhere inside.

Baked chicken on mayo sounds appetizing, though never tried that. I had baked salmon with mayo before, and like what you said, you need to know the dividing line between 'just enough' from 'too much'.

As a bachelor, one of my staple was baking cornish game hens in Campbell's Mushroom Sauce or Creme of Chicken. Covered sauce pan with foil, 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Yum..

My wife never was fond of mayo. That may have something to do with the fact she spent a great deal of her early life in Uzbekistan and MIL generally prepared Uzbek food. Thus, manti and plov are generally what she craves for.

Mumski makes plov here when she's with us. It's downright delicious. But as with anything cooked with 'oil', it must be enjoyed hot, or at least 'warm', otherwise....
Get your RED on !

Russian Women Discussion

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »

Online Larry1

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2013, 06:39:38 PM »
Many are not too inclined to speaking to Russians in Russian, however. 

I think you're talking about Kriivka.  It's an interesting place.

Online cc3

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8681
Latest: Diablousmc
New This Month: 27
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 373697
Total Topics: 15689
Most Online Today: 1201
Most Online Ever: 2127
(March 20, 2014, 11:07:42 PM)
Users Online
Members: 52
Guests: 1132
Total: 1184

+-Recent Posts

Re: Ukraine-The Future by krimster2
Today at 05:56:27 PM

Re: Ukraine-The Future by Anotherkiwi
Today at 05:46:00 PM

Re: Learning basic Russian by Anotherkiwi
Today at 05:10:50 PM

Re: Arrival at LAX Nov 2014 by Larry1
Today at 04:22:50 PM

Re: Ukraine-The Future by krimster2
Today at 04:21:58 PM

Re: [VIDEO] How to date Russian Girls - Advice of a Sexual Tourist/PUA/Whatever by Patagonie
Today at 04:05:23 PM

Re: Australia Visitor Visa Tourist Stream? (class 600) by sleepycat
Today at 03:47:43 PM

Re: Ukraine-The Future by Gator
Today at 03:34:48 PM

Re: Ukraine-The Future by JayH
Today at 03:17:41 PM

Re: Ukraine-The Future by AkMike
Today at 02:59:07 PM