It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Differences between Russian women and Ukrainian women  (Read 11097 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Differences between Russian women and Ukrainian women
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 08:16:30 PM »
Mumski
:D

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2013, 08:29:57 PM »
My wife never was fond of mayo. That may have something to do with the fact she spent a great deal of her early life in Uzbekistan and MIL generally prepared Uzbek food. Thus, manti and plov are generally what she craves for.

Mumski makes plov here when she's with us. 

I love plov. It's the FSU dish I prepare most often.  It took me a bit of time to find out what jeera was, but thanks to a FSUW who's a member here I now know.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2013, 06:02:02 PM »
Ochka makes a very tasty plov.  She says it is exceedingly  simple to make but, none-the-less, it is really great.
Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2017, 06:11:38 PM »
Hello!

I just wanted to explain to those who only start their journey what are the differences between Russian and Ukrainian women. It's just my personal experience and opinion, so there's no need to tell me that your experiences were different. Because then it turns into a pointless and endless debate with a heavy political bias.
I got an impression that Western men think that it's more cost effective to date in Ukraine, due to lower prices in Ukraine and no need for visa (for some countries). It's an amateurish approach. I personally spent most of my resources in Ukraine, but the results were achieved in Russia (twice) and once with an ethnic Russian woman from one of the Baltic states. The main motif of Ukrainian women is to get out of Ukraine. The main motif of Russian women is to settle down and find a man of their dreams. That's why Russian women often marry male citizens of poor countries like Egypt and Turkey. Russian women are much more likely to spend their own money, something absolutely impossible with Ukrainian women. So unless you're an ethnic Ukrainian who wants specifically marry a Ukrainian lady, think twice before you act. I think the main advantage of Ukraine is it being smaller and therefore more densely populated. As with most things in life, more you invest - better results you achieve. Don't expect that with dating FSU women it's any different than that.

Online krimster2

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2017, 07:02:00 PM »
er, thanks for your ‘explanation’
Russia and Ukraine?
they are different only in the same way that they are the same, and this simple observation punctures your tedious argument.

“As with most things in life, more you invest - better results you achieve”
invest your heart instead and you shall reap riches worth far more than gold, so this statement besides being crass is also devoid of any soul whatsoever

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2017, 03:50:16 AM »
invest your heart instead and you shall reap riches worth far more than gold, so this statement besides being crass is also devoid of any soul whatsoever
"Heart and soul" don't buy you plane tickets. And somehow "heart and soul" in my particular case were more convincing among Russian women and far less in Ukraine. Just bare facts. I have absolutely nothing against dating in Ukraine. Just don't think that dating in Ukraine is the same as dating in Russia, just cheaper and no visa required, 'cos it's a totally different story. And the reason behind it is that people (incl. women) in Ukraine are very different than those in Russia. As Kuchma wrote "Ukraine is not Russia". Don't blame me for that.

Online Trenchcoat

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2017, 04:36:58 PM »
Back on the subject of the thread, I've been looking at Russian women, some are very beautiful. However, I am starting to drift to Ukrainian women again, I don't know why they just seem to come across better to me in general. However, I have been to Kiev already and a second time might be a bore or maybe a bit eerie, I'm not sure, but Ukrainian women in general have a lot of natural beauty and perhaps softness about them I feel which I think attract me :D

Offline ML

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2017, 05:35:44 PM »
Yes, everyone can have their own opinion.

And my opinion is that papakota is about as stupid as they come, at least with regard to his supposed differences between Ukrainian and Russian women.
Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2017, 03:59:54 AM »
Back on the subject of the thread, I've been looking at Russian women, some are very beautiful. However, I am starting to drift to Ukrainian women again, I don't know why they just seem to come across better to me in general. However, I have been to Kiev already and a second time might be a bore or maybe a bit eerie, I'm not sure, but Ukrainian women in general have a lot of natural beauty and perhaps softness about them I feel which I think attract me :D
If you're talking about physical appearance, I would agree. Though Russian women might look more exotic, but looks wise, there is no reason to come here. Enough to come to Ukraine. That's what I thought back in 2005. But the problem is that you don't marry looks, you marry a person.

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2017, 04:14:35 AM »

And my opinion is that papakota is about as stupid as they come, at least with regard to his supposed differences between Ukrainian and Russian women.
You're stupid yourself! Once was enough. If you can't appreciate my polite style of a conversation, don't interfere. What right, moral or legal do you have to call me stupid? Have you done an IQ test on me or something. My Russian wife has been supporting me FULLY for almost 4 years. Show me a Ukrainian woman who would do that! NEVER a Ukrainian woman would financially support a man from a country much richer than Ukraine (or even from a poorer one). Moreover, as I said before, I invested much more time and money into the dating in Ukraine and I got an impression that women in Ukraine cared more about a color of your passport than about the person. Though if you have an American or a British passport that MIGHT seem to be NOT an issue, BUT at the end of the day, you're getting a Green Card wife that you can't trust. Also I'm 200% sure that scam levels in Ukraine are much higher than in Russia (or Belarus for that matter). Both my Russian ex's (one from Russia and the other one just an ethnic Russian) flew to Israel to me and PAID THERE OWN MONEY for the trip. Show me a Ukrainian female who would do the same? NEVER. Last, but not least, here all Ukrainian nationalists try to prove that Ukrainians are so different from Russians. If it's true, then how come women are the same?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:17:19 AM by papakota »

Offline alex330

« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2017, 06:33:22 AM »
The differences I have noticed are moreso in their demeanors or personalities. Ukrainian women seem to be a bit more outgoing, bubbly, or cheerful, while Russian women seem more reserved.

The Russian women we know tend to wear darker clothing as well, or darker makeup (eyeliner, etc) versus a more colorful look.

My sampling size is small and I have never lived in either country so take it for what it's worth.

Offline 2tallbill

Differences between Russian women and Ukrainian women
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2017, 07:17:47 AM »
The best girl is wherever you find her.

If you find a good girl from Dumpsk Krapistan or Popka Grudistan then
get on a plane and meet her and don't try to argue how many fairies can
dance on the head of a pin or who's fart smells the sweetest.

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

scientists have demonstrated that cigarettes can harm your children. Fair enough, use an ashtray

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2017, 08:41:46 AM »
The best girl is wherever you find her.

If you find a good girl from Dumpsk Krapistan or Popka Grudistan then
get on a plane and meet her and don't try to argue how many fairies can
dance on the head of a pin or who's fart smells the sweetest.
That's very true, but this thread is about something else. I'd say that Russian and Ukrainian women are similar, but different. Part of the reason why is a completely different situation in Ukraine and Russia. But my point being is that don't be naive to think that dating in Ukraine is the same as dating in Russia, but cheaper and visa free. 'cos it's NOT. If your priority is a price and less hassles, come to Ukraine. If your priority is a woman, come to Russia. Also I'd say that a percentage of attractive women in Ukraine is a bit higher than in Russia, but due to almost quadruple more people living in Russia, it sort of balances itself (much more choice to choose from here).

Offline 2tallbill

Differences between Russian women and Ukrainian women
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2017, 10:46:01 AM »
That's very true, but this thread is about something else. I'd say that Russian and Ukrainian women are similar, but different. Part of the reason why is a completely different situation in Ukraine and Russia. But my point being is that don't be naive to think that dating in Ukraine is the same as dating in Russia, but cheaper and visa free. 'cos it's NOT. If your priority is a price and less hassles, come to Ukraine. If your priority is a woman, come to Russia. Also I'd say that a percentage of attractive women in Ukraine is a bit higher than in Russia, but due to almost quadruple more people living in Russia, it sort of balances itself (much more choice to choose from here).

I'm married to a Russian woman and have dated women from both countries and
would agree that there are a million similarities and a only a few differences.

If a guy is a visit one type then I recommend that he spread his search as far and
wide as possible. If a guy is a visit many type then I recommend that he visit a city
of sufficient size, and meet as many girls for coffee as he can arrange and keep
meeting them until he finds a keeper, never dating a non-keeper twice.

I do believe this is a numbers game and you have to go through sufficient numbers
to come across a keeper. As for sheer numbers obviously Russia is far larger and
more populous so there will be more unmarried high quality women than a
smaller country.

If a guy decides to go to Ukraine my advice would be to avoid the MOB cities where
they have an industry designed to help men lighten their wallets. That advice is to
improve their chances rather than to insinuate that there aren't any good girls in
the MOB cities.

Udachi!

Bill
Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

scientists have demonstrated that cigarettes can harm your children. Fair enough, use an ashtray

Online msmob

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
If you're talking about physical appearance, I would agree. Though Russian women might look more exotic

:)))))))

I've been married to a Russian - I'm in the process of marrying another - and what you've posted is utter BOLLOX .. they're been two nations for just about a generation ... did the gene pool get so separate ? :)

The former Soviet Union got mixed up SO much that it is a truly daft thing to say.

I've probably seen the most exotic ladies in Odessa - perhaps a combination of former Byzantine ( Greek), Persian, Ottoman, Ruthanian, Slavic and Golden Horde ...  but then looks are subjective.

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »

:)))))))

I've been married to a Russian - I'm in the process of marrying another - and what you've posted is utter BOLLOX .. they're been two nations for just about a generation ... did the gene pool get so separate ? :)

The former Soviet Union got mixed up SO much that it is a truly daft thing to say.

I've probably seen the most exotic ladies in Odessa - perhaps a combination of former Byzantine ( Greek), Persian, Ottoman, Ruthanian, Slavic and Golden Horde ...  but then looks are subjective.

Your marriage means nothing in the context of this thread. You can't take one person and make a generalization. I said what I said and those are facts of life that you can't deny. I only forgot to add that my wife not only supports me, but also helped my mom though she didn't have to. What I described is impossible in Ukraine. Period. I met face to face around 50 women in Ukraine, from Ternopol to Lugansk, literally. And nothing. Just to compare, I met 3 Russian women and I started long term relationships with them. Those are FACTS. And all the BS you say is just your personal opinion. You married a Russian woman. So what? What does that prove? Nothing. I am who I am. If Ukrainians ladies didn't have interest in marrying me, they had to have a good reason for that. Be it my passport or their local male alternatives. Similarly, if Russian women have interest in me, they have reasons behind it. I already told my opinion as to why it's like so. I might be wrong. I don't know. But if it happens to me, why it can't happen to some JimBob from Ohio? That same JimBob which comes to your Odessa, get scammed and then comes here complaining that all FSU is one big scam. On the other hand,  an ethnic Russian woman (EU citizen) had flown to my country and paid for EVERYTHING HERSELF (incl. her wedding dress), because she saw that I couldn't afford it at the time. Can't you see the difference? Who said anything about gene pool? It's just your fantasy. That particular woman was part German, so what? The mentality of Ukrainian women and Russian women is not the same. The socio economical situation in Russia is totally different than in Ukraine. Ukraine and Russia is like US and Canada. Similar, but different.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:07:13 PM by papakota »

Offline JayH

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »

You only needed part highlighted !

I note papakot is now in red signifying a commercial member --do paid trolls come within that category?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2017, 09:25:19 PM »

There are facial feature differences between Slavic looking women in nations that have Slavic people. In West Ukraine, the women are looking more and more like Polish women the further you move West. In East Ukraine, the women are looking more and more like Russian women the further you move East.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Online msmob

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2017, 12:03:55 AM »
Your marriage means nothing in the context of this thread.

There you go again.. proving ML was correct about your daftness.. Can it be you really do miss the point that although I've been in two long-term relationships with Russians - I'm mocking your assertion that that they are more exotic :) ?

You can't take one person and make a generalization.

Daft generalisations are your thing .. Again, you know the Soviet Union has been gone for a generation - people moved all over it .. How did Russian women get 'more exotic' in one generation ? :)))

I said what I said and those are facts of life that you can't deny.

Who is denying your bizarre statements and 'explanations'?

I only forgot to add that my wife not only supports me, but also helped my mom though she didn't have to. What I described is impossible in Ukraine. Period. I met face to face around 50 women in Ukraine, from Ternopol to Lugansk, literally. And nothing. Just to compare, I met 3 Russian women and I started long term relationships with them. Those are FACTS.

I picked you up on looks and now you've made this about character?

Well let's see - so now the character of part of the former Soviet Union women changed in a generation ? :))

I've dated UA and RU women - they are all in their forties and even fifties, now.. They spent most of their lives under the USSR and your generalisation are nonsense.. most of us choose our partners from the FSU based on some of the values instilled, attitudes and sex appeal. That the ones who became long-term are Ru Ladies is pure co-incidence..

Many ladies of this age do not live in the cities they were born, because of where their dads got placed.

And all the BS you say is just your personal opinion.

But considerably better thought through and my conclusions explained....You make daft assertions and simply 'demand' they are accepted

You married a Russian woman. So what? What does that prove? Nothing.

Sighs, exactly.. where she might be from in the FSU is irrelevant [ moby edit ] Clearly I'm referring to an Orthodox Caucasian woman - not a Muslim lady from a southern republic

I am who I am.

:))

If Ukrainians ladies didn't have interest in marrying me, they had to have a good reason for that. Be it my passport or their local male alternatives. Similarly, if Russian women have interest in me, they have reasons behind it. I already told my opinion as to why it's like so.

Exactly, an opinion - and it just isn't like you say ..based on the opinions of plenty of western guys who have chosen  UA wives

I might be wrong. I don't know. But if it happens to me, why it can't happen to some JimBob from Ohio? That same JimBob which comes to your Odessa, get scammed and then comes here complaining that all FSU is one big scam. On the other hand,  an ethnic Russian woman (EU citizen) had flown to my country and paid for EVERYTHING HERSELF (incl. her wedding dress), because she saw that I couldn't afford it at the time. Can't you see the difference?

Your example just proves your wife chose you..I Can give you plenty of examples of UA ladies in the west and back home who are loyal and loving wives in adversity - so no ..I see you are using one example to back up your generalisation..

Odessa.. I know plenty of ladies who would make good wives.. I just happened to have chosen two ladies from different parts of Russia..  Lots of guys going to places like Odessa get scammed because an industry built up around their naivety and ease to separate their money from their wallet on ill advised trips / tours.

Who said anything about gene pool? It's just your fantasy. That particular woman was part German, so what? The mentality of Ukrainian women and Russian women is not the same. The socio economical situation in Russia is totally different than in Ukraine. Ukraine and Russia is like US and Canada. Similar, but different.

*I* said it to bust your 'theory' on looks..based on the mixing up of the gene pool until very recently. Now you are back to your nonsense about character..

How can anyone claiming to know the FSU and appreciating the mixing up of the masses, keep posting so daft ?

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 07:58:04 AM by msmob »

Offline deccie

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2017, 02:11:24 AM »
Hello!
 The main motif of Russian women is to settle down and find a man of their dreams. That's why Russian women often marry male citizens of poor countries like Egypt and Turkey. Russian women are much more likely to spend their own money,

What you write here reminds me of my own wife. We have a saying in our family - my wife is not Russian, she is simply her Grandparent's grandchild. They raised her for a lot of her early childhood while her mum studied and worked and it is they who gave her values. BTW, her grandad was a Hero of the Soviet Union for his war service which included Stalingrad.

She has had comments from other relatives in senior positions that her values are not typical for here. All I can say is that I love her very much for the person she is and that I thank her grandparents for the wife they gave me...

Online msmob

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2017, 07:52:45 AM »
There are facial feature differences between Slavic looking women in nations that have Slavic people. In West Ukraine, the women are looking more and more like Polish women the further you move West. In East Ukraine, the women are looking more and more like Russian women the further you move East.

Hi Billy, personally I don't agree - but hard to prove an opinion

History  - Moscow has controlled East Poland / West Ukraine on and off in recent centuries and genetics suggest near indistinguishable links ..far more difference in Russians  - north to south...

http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/russians.html
http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/ukrainians.html
http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/poles.html

Online Gator

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2017, 11:29:57 AM »
Over the years I dated maybe 25 FSU women.  Every one was different,   but nothing that derived from being UW or RW. 

A key difference of course is personality, a function of heredity and environment, not national origin.   I gravitated towards what I would label "sophisticated women," and this quality seemed to be a function of  education, job, and family.     I met fine women in both Russia and Ukraine.

Offline alex330

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2017, 12:06:37 PM »

Genetically the women in Poland and Eastern Russia have more in common than those in Ukraine.

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
Hi Billy, personally I don't agree - but hard to prove an opinion

Spent some time in Russia, Kiev, and Western Ukraine. Clear differences. Parts of Western Ukraine used to be Poland. All Slavic people and I've seen differences. Go to Mamba.ru and look at the women in Lviv and compare them to a large city in East Ukraine or Russia. Research is free and we'll start having the same opinions. I remember a thread talking about whether the women in West Ukraine was more beautiful than the women in the East.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Online Trenchcoat

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2017, 05:41:59 PM »
Spent some time in Russia, Kiev, and Western Ukraine. Clear differences. Parts of Western Ukraine used to be Poland. All Slavic people and I've seen differences. Go to Mamba.ru and look at the women in Lviv and compare them to a large city in East Ukraine or Russia. Research is free and we'll start having the same opinions. I remember a thread talking about whether the women in West Ukraine was more beautiful than the women in the East.

What about Kiev its kind of in the center, half hotties and half mingers ;D

or maybe its just counted as slightly to the west.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9480
Latest: Solfierbiy49
New This Month: 17
New This Week: 2
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 447070
Total Topics: 18179
Most Online Today: 1549
Most Online Ever: 2127