It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Life Continues  (Read 104652 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Life Continues
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »
LOL, seems a common thing for those us us married to FSUW.

Almost seems like a form of entertainment.. wife called from RU today and said she had a cold so was taking some antivirus pills... 3 the first day then 2 for two days thereafter... I just told her a cold lasts four days anyway and the only real need is a couple of aspirin if she gets a fever.

I was wrong... of course...

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2016, 02:53:25 PM »

Everything is better in the FSU! My wife is currently going through medical school in America. Her mom is a retired doctor and she believes everything her mom says pertaining to the medical field. I can't debate them but I told my wife that when she gets done with medical school, she better be disagreeing with her mother on certain things otherwise she hasn't learned anything.

Tomorrow I leave Ivano Frankivsk and go to a small city that has what my MIL calls a "relax house" for 5 days. I think she's taking me to a sanatorium. Doctors are working in this place she calls a "relax house". My MIL tells me they will check my health and maybe even shove a tube down my throat.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2016, 02:58:12 PM »
My MIL tells me they will check my health and maybe even shove a tube down my throat.

Or even elsewhere....

Offline alex330

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2016, 03:45:52 PM »
I was wrong... of course...

I am always wrong I have learned.

Advice for those still looking. The sooner you learn this the easier it becomes.

Tomorrow I leave Ivano Frankivsk and go to a small city that has what my MIL calls a "relax house" for 5 days. I think she's taking me to a sanatorium. Doctors are working in this place she calls a "relax house".

There are a number of them in Odessa along French Blvd and on the Black Sea. I was curious why there were so many crazy people in the FSUW until I understood what they really were  :)

Offline ML

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »
Quote from: BillyB on February 24, 2016, 03:31:23 PM

My wife and her mom wanted me to come here for rest and relaxation and to get a bunch of medical tests done on me. They don't trust American doctors to get it right.

And they are right.  It is commonly known that top political and business leaders in USA go to other countries for medical treatment due to inferior doctors in USA.

Probably USA doctors even go to other countries for medical care.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2016, 10:53:51 AM »
Or even elsewhere....

Well... if every orifice of my body is penetrated, I'll be sure to let you guys know since I understand some of you guys are into that stuff. My MIL said she'd like to ask them to clean the inside of my stomach. I asked her "How do they do that?" She points to my anus.

I am always wrong I have learned.

I'm stubborn and can't admit being wrong. It takes a big man to admit he's wrong and I'm not a big man. I've dated FSU women who think having ice in the drink or turning on the air conditioner in a car will make you sick. I usually ask them if they think 300 million Americans are sick. That gets them thinking.

And they are right.  It is commonly known that top political and business leaders in USA go to other countries for medical treatment due to inferior doctors in USA.

Probably USA doctors even go to other countries for medical care.

I sometimes think my MIL wants to sound important by disagreeing with whatever an American doctor prescribes to me or my wife. My wife thinks the world of my MIL and I think my MIL wants to keep it that way but as my wife grows and learns, she will have differing opinions which I know will upset my MIL.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2016, 07:32:31 PM »
My MIL said she'd like to ask them to clean the inside of my stomach. I asked her "How do they do that?" She points to my anus.
Isn't that a rather long and convoluted route to reach a stomach :o :-\?   
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BC

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2016, 08:01:23 AM »
Isn't that a rather long and convoluted route to reach a stomach :o :-\?

Yeah... about 25 feet with twists and turns....

Offline BC

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2016, 08:02:58 AM »

Well... if every orifice of my body is penetrated, I'll be sure to let you guys know since I understand some of you guys are into that stuff. My MIL said she'd like to ask them to clean the inside of my stomach. I asked her "How do they do that?" She points to my anus.

so you were already bending over?

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »
Sanatoriums for rest and health have a long history in the FSU. During the Soviet period, one had to achieve certain goals at work, or special status politically, to be eligible for a stay. Being that most were provided as a benefit to those chosen, it was quite the thing of prestige to announce that you were going to spend time in one.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline BillyB

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2016, 10:30:25 AM »

I woke up this morning in the sanatorium and it hit me that I'm surrounded by lunatics. But I like you guys on this forum and will keep coming back. :D

My MIL is Catholic and we had to travel to the next city to go to church. The service was in the Polish language. People around here look different. I understand a huge chunk of Western Ukraine used to belong to Poland.

Isn't that a rather long and convoluted route to reach a stomach :o :-\ ?   

Most of the time my MIL is serious. I hope this is one of those times she's joking.

so you were already bending over?

The medical staff here has an off day Sunday so I'll find out tomorrow what's going to happen to me. If someone asks me to bend over, she better be good looking.

Sanatoriums for rest and health have a long history in the FSU. During the Soviet period, one had to achieve certain goals at work, or special status politically, to be eligible for a stay. Being that most were provided as a benefit to those chosen, it was quite the thing of prestige to announce that you were going to spend time in one.

This sanatorium has the feel of a resort. I can tell the clients here are upper class. Some of the clients look like the mafia type. There is a real belief by some of these people the sanatorium will get them healthy. Maybe they have some sort of health problems they want to take care of. There are places in the sanatorium that dispenses mineral water. There are places around this city that dispenses mineral water and people coming from other cities and countries that are lining up to fill huge bottles to take the mineral water home. I suspect people believe this mineral water has great health benefits but I'm skeptical of anything touted as a miracle cure. Below is a website of where I'm at.

http://arkadya.com.ua/

Offline BillyB

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2016, 02:24:08 AM »

After walking around this small city of Morshyn, I notice there are a lot of sanatoriums and rehabilitation centers here. Lots of people come here to drink the mineral water and gain a few years of life. I asked my MIL why someone doesn't bottle the water and sell it. She said the water is no good after an hour. I didn't debate her on why because it would be hard to convince me why water and minerals that are thousands of years old would spoil after putting it in a bottle. Oh well, it would hurt the tourism here if the water could be bottled so best to let people think they got to come here. There are a lot of tourists here but someone told us things are slow because the economy is bad.

Full disclosure. Yesterdays medical program included a doctor checking out my heart and breathing. I'm getting over a case of bronchitis which I acquired before coming to Ukraine so my breathing wasn't the smoothest so I had to breath through a machine and inhaled medicine to clear my bronchial tubes. Next I laid down on a bed and my feet was wrapped with slabs of hot clay for 30 minutes. Then I sat on a toilet like contraption that shot water up on my bottom for 5 minutes. It's supposed to massage the prostate but I read the only effective method to massage a prostate is to have a person stick their finger in your anus to massage the prostate. Later, I went into a big tub and a nurse massaged my body with water that jetted out of a hose. Then I went into another tub that had green minerals mixed into the water.

Today's medical program included having my blood taken. Then I went to another facility to have a camera shoved in my stomach to see what's going on. The tube was almost a meter long and it felt weird. Gagged a few times but if people can swallow swords, I guess a tube isn't so bad. Later I had to breath more medicine and had another water jet massage. It's just past 11 AM now and I hope my MIL doesn't have anymore surprises for me.

I asked my wife on Skype and MIL why I need some of these medical procedures. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. Both ladies had the same answer. I wanted a young wife so I need to check myself out to remain healthy for my young wife. The doctor who stuck a tube down my throat thinks I need medicine so my MIL is going to buy me medicine for my stomach. I don't agree but it's only for a month. Sometimes I believe people come to places like this thinking it's going to significantly improve their health and extend their life. Some people may believe the water may cure failing organs. I'm not a big believer but my MIL is. She loves it here but for some reason, she didn't get a tube rammed down her throat like I got. When I get home, I'm going to tell my wife if she wants a healthy and strong husband, my prostate is going to need more attention.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2016, 07:09:49 AM »
Interesting stuff Billy, but unless I was actually ill I don't think I'd have people stuffing shit down my throat or up my ass.  Like you said, it ain't broke so why fix it?  The massages and baths sound good though, but I hope it is some fine looking women giving the treatments.

Is your stomach bugging you?

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2016, 08:29:16 AM »

I woke up this morning in the sanatorium and it hit me that I'm surrounded by lunatics. But I like you guys on this forum and will keep coming back. :D

My MIL is Catholic and we had to travel to the next city to go to church. The service was in the Polish language. People around here look different. I understand a huge chunk of Western Ukraine used to belong to Poland.

Most of the time my MIL is serious. I hope this is one of those times she's joking.

The medical staff here has an off day Sunday so I'll find out tomorrow what's going to happen to me. If someone asks me to bend over, she better be good looking.

What do you mean "she". You should be so lucky.

This sanatorium has the feel of a resort. I can tell the clients here are upper class. Some of the clients look like the mafia type. There is a real belief by some of these people the sanatorium will get them healthy. Maybe they have some sort of health problems they want to take care of. There are places in the sanatorium that dispenses mineral water. There are places around this city that dispenses mineral water and people coming from other cities and countries that are lining up to fill huge bottles to take the mineral water home. I suspect people believe this mineral water has great health benefits but I'm skeptical of anything touted as a miracle cure. Below is a website of where I'm at.

http://arkadya.com.ua/

Offline BillyB

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2016, 11:16:06 AM »
The massages and baths sound good though, but I hope it is some fine looking women giving the treatments.

Only men have given me hand massages but the women ages 20-50 give me baths and water jet massages. Underwear is kept on though.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to get ultrasounds to check out my organs and get my prostate checked out. Got to make sure the equipment is healthy and will last for years to come. It's actually a good thing men over 40 start getting their prostates checked out to catch any problems developing.

Is your stomach bugging you?

My stomach feels fine but my wife and my MIL think my #2 stinks bad and believes it's related to a sick stomach. I tell them it's a man's smell but they're not buying it.

What do you mean "she". You should be so lucky.

I don't know who's going to be doing the checking of the prostate until tomorrow. I'll let you know if I luck out.

Offline ML

« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2016, 11:34:27 AM »

I don't know who's going to be doing the checking of the prostate until tomorrow. I'll let you know if I luck out.

Ask the potential probers to stand in a line-up with hands outstretched.

Then pick the one with longest, most slender fingers . . . and trimmed nails.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2016, 02:26:24 AM »

Had my prostate checked out by ultrasound so no having to bend over. This trip my anus did not get penetrated. Had my other internal organs checked out too by ultrasound. Male doctor did the ultrasound and pretty female nurse taking notes. Lots of pregnant women waiting for their turn in the hallway. I was the first there at 7:30 AM. It was done in an old concrete Soviet style building with the heat barely working.

Doctor said prostate is fine. That's important for the girls to know. My liver isn't perfect. I had a bout with gout last year. Many males will get this arthritis which can be the most painful. It happens when the liver releases too much uric acid in the body and it forms crystals, usually starting in on of your big toes and it's extremely painful to walk since the crystals are essentially needles in your joints. Changing my diet can help. Slow down on eating red meat, seafoods, sugary drinks and beer. I rarely drink beer so I had to alter my intake of the other foods and the only natural way, without medicine, to combat uric acid is to drink black cherry juice. I like black cherry juice and haven't had gout since.

My MIL gets worried every time a doctor here says something is wrong with me. Being a doctor herself, she should be calm but I guess she worries about family much more than others. She talked to my wife on Skype and told me my wife was crying after hearing I got problems. I can expect some drama when I go home. I'll check with my primary care doctor about getting checked out thoroughly to give my wife peace of mind I'm not broke. I just had my blood taken before coming to Ukraine and the doctor said I need to cut back on the sugar intake and continue to lower my uric acid levels. That's all. Nothing alarming.

I will be going back to Ivano Frankivsk today but my MIL thinks I need to return here someday for a good 3 weeks for rehabilitation. I'm not convinced the type of rehabilitation they provide and the mineral water here is going to improve my internal organs but I guess some people believes it does good so in the end, they leave feeling healthier.

Offline Gator

« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »
I am not sure of what an ultrasound of the prostate would show other than enlargement.  Be sure to do blood screening (PSA). 

You seem to have some concern about proctology.  I find it odd that proctologists are not good golfers even though they do 18 holes every day.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2016, 11:58:21 AM »
I am not sure of what an ultrasound of the prostate would show other than enlargement.  Be sure to do blood screening (PSA). 

I had 6 vials of blood taken at the VA right before my trip to Ukraine. When I get back, I'm going to find out the results. I had 2 vials of blood taken in Ukraine and it said my cholesterol is high and my MIL said I'm going to die in 3 years unless I change my eating habits. Last I remember, my cholesterol is a little high and nothing to be alarmed about. I'm not worried about the doomsday prediction my MIL is giving me but she got my wife worried. I've got to remind her I had 4 grandparents that lived to be in their 80s and 90s and 3 of them were heavy smokers and all of them lived a harder life than I'm living. I'm also not a heavy smoker or drinker.

Offline jone

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2016, 12:47:44 PM »

You seem to have some concern about proctology.  I find it odd that proctologists are not good golfers even though they do 18 holes every day.

It is because they can't hold the club properly.  Their finger wraps around it twice.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2016, 12:52:16 PM »
  I find it odd that proctologists are not good golfers even though they do 18 holes every day.

A proctologist once asked me to go to a convention with  him.

He was giving some sort of talk, and wanted to point to me as an example of a perfect a$$hole.

Offline ML

« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »
Billy, you mentioned smelly poo earlier.

I had pretty bad IBS and some other related issues for several years.

Did some reading, and started taking Digestive Advantage which has probiotics.  Apparently many of us don't have the right combination or amounts of bacteria in our digestive system.

The Disgestive Advantage (Intensive Bowel Support) fixed me up almost perfect.  My sheeeeeet literally does NOT stink . . . except with certain foods and during illness.

Probably Muzh can tell us more about this topic.

Offline Gator

« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2016, 01:28:01 PM »

I had 2 vials of blood taken in Ukraine and it said my cholesterol is high and my MIL said I'm going to die in 3 years unless I change my eating habits.

Sounds like the typical babushka overreaction.  Nevertheless, if this is a valid concern, have tests done to include ultrasound test  for stroke/carotid artery blockage.  This can be done in Tampa for $139 to include 6 other tests:  ASI, PAD,  abdominal aortic aneurysm, etc.

Genetics is important, yet I imagine you consume more fat, refined sugar, etc. than your grandparents. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2016, 03:11:57 AM »

Did some reading, and started taking Digestive Advantage which has probiotics.  Apparently many of us don't have the right combination or amounts of bacteria in our digestive system.

The Disgestive Advantage (Intensive Bowel Support) fixed me up almost perfect.  My sheeeeeet literally does NOT stink . . . except with certain foods and during illness.

I did some reading about probiotics a few years ago. The pills are expensive but one can get more natural bacteria to live in our stomachs by eating yogurt.

Genetics is important, yet I imagine you consume more fat, refined sugar, etc. than your grandparents. 

I understand people today eat bad food compared to their grandparents but as long as we are living longer than ever, I'm not going into panic mode. I'd be happy just to match my grandparents ages.

Offline BC

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2016, 05:20:35 AM »

I did some reading about probiotics a few years ago. The pills are expensive but one can get more natural bacteria to live in our stomachs by eating yogurt.

I wonder if kefir fits that profile.. ;)  We have started making it at home.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541666
Total Topics: 20871
Most Online Today: 1699
Most Online Ever: 12701