It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hair Length Preferences  (Read 29812 times)

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hair Length Preferences
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 04:43:26 PM »
this thread is like discussing the best pizza base and toppings  OR BEER ;D

it all comes down to prefference , opinion & taste

no sheep where interviewed  or harmed for this post  ;)

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2015, 05:03:49 PM »
this thread is like discussing the best pizza base and toppings  OR BEER ;D

it all comes down to prefference , opinion & taste

no sheep where interviewed  or harmed for this post  ;)

SX

I disagree, nobody wants a bald girl (except for a few freaks) almost all men
like longer hair rather than shorter. If you like women with short haircuts say
so.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Why Girls Should Not Cut Their Hair Short
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 05:42:37 PM »
Here are some articles

Why Girls Should Not Cut Their Hair Short
RogerSterlingJr
http://totalfratmove.com/why-girls-should-not-cut-their-hair-short/

Women: don't cut your damn hair
http://alphagameplan.blogspot.com/2011/04/women-dont-cut-your-damn-hair.html

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 05:51:10 PM »
So women should listen to an opinion posted on a frat boy blog, under the moniker of a 1960's Mad Men character who slept around on his wives and knocked up, but didn't marry, his firm's office manager?  And then had such respect for her, he didn't object when it was proposed she prostitute herself to gain the firm a client?

Or, alternately, a middle aged bald guy.

Sorry, neither are persuasive.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 06:43:41 PM »

Just as it is not persuasive for a married woman to tell men what hair length is attractive.  We determine what looks good in terms of sexual attraction.

Unless she is sexually attracted to women, she has no idea what hair length is really attractive.

Sorry Bo.  Even Elena from Elena's Models advises any girl interested in finding a Western husband to grow her hair long...

Long hair is associated with youthfulness and femininity, and short hair is associated with masculinity.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 06:48:22 PM »
You don't speak for every Western man, and my opinion was not about what men find attractive.  Nevertheless, there are men who posted above who disagree with you. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2015, 06:52:12 PM »
So women should listen to an opinion posted on a frat boy blog, under the moniker of a 1960's Mad Men character who slept around on his wives and knocked up, but didn't marry, his firm's office manager?  And then had such respect for her, he didn't object when it was proposed she prostitute herself to gain the firm a client?

Or, alternately, a middle aged bald guy.

In this case the OP was asking the guys for their personal opinion to help her with her online search.  So I do think women looking to improve their appeal to the widest base should listen to and consider the advice of all men.  They should then take the majority opinion as the best tactic to appeal to the most men.  And, unless they are looking to attract women, they should give the men's opinions more weight than women's opinions.  That is after all who they are trying to appeal to.

I think ultimately it won't matter how she styles her hair.  If a relationship fails over a hairstyle, it was probably not going to succeed anyway.  I can't imagine any relationship that could withstand all the hurdles of an overseas romance like relocation of one of the two, language barriers, cultural issues and the multitude of other normal barriers to any successful marriage falling apart over a haircut.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »
There is a reason this thread was broken off.

Most UW have long hair, so it's not even an issue.  It's cultural.  But yes, having read this forum for quite some time, a lot of the men looking abroad are superficial enough to break a relationship over something as superficial as a hairstyle.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:56:10 PM by Boethius »

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »

Most UW have long hair, so it's not even an issue.  It's cultural.  But yes, having read this forum for quite some time, a lot of the men looking abroad are superficial enough to break a relationship over something as superficial as a hairstyle.

It's not a question of breaking off a relationship over a hairstyle. It's about guys viewing a girl's profile and deciding whether or not to send her a message. The original poster (in the original thread) asked guys nine questions about what we thought of girl's profiles. She received a number of answers that were responsive to her questions.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2015, 07:04:52 PM »

Now I see why this was broken off.  I didn't catch it before.  I think you help prove my point about the relationship though, in that if the hair style does it, it is going to fail anyway over something. 

I'm out of this one now that I understand this has nothing to do with her original post.

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2015, 07:29:06 PM »
I prefer long hair on a woman; just my personal preference. A number of my wife's girlfriends in Ukraine do sport shorter hairstyles. I suppose a bit like Milla's cut in the movie "The Fifth Element"?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2015, 07:31:38 PM »
I would consider the bob in Fifth Element mid length, neither short nor long.  Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Lawrence are sporting short cuts.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »
It's not a question of breaking off a relationship over a hairstyle. It's about guys viewing a girl's profile and deciding whether or not to send her a message. The original poster (in the original thread) asked guys nine questions about what we thought of girl's profiles. She received a number of answers that were responsive to her questions.

Bill gave his opinion that
Many WW will lie and intentionally mislead women that they think are more attractive than them.

and went on to give an opinion that telling a woman her hair is short falls under this category.  Total BS and tells me he doesn't really understand the world of women.  Or perhaps his experiences have just been with Jerry Springer type women.  The average woman doesn't do this.

Further, that opinion, which is what I responded to, had nothing to do with viewing a profile, or providing an opinion on what is attractive in a profile. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:44:12 PM by Boethius »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »
A number of my wife's girlfriends in Ukraine do sport shorter hairstyles. I suppose a bit like Milla's cut in the movie "The Fifth Element"?

It helps tremendously that Milla Jovovich has a hot body. Put that hairstyle on big woman and how attractive will the hair be? I prefer long hair. My wife has very long hair but sometimes ties it up nicely. She asked me if she should cut it and I said "no". I don't think she was serious with the question, just wanted my opinion.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2015, 09:15:59 PM »
  I've seen enough  ladies that look better in short hair to say it often depends on the individual gal.

Some ladies look horrid in short hair though, but they would also look horrid in long hair too...although perhaps slightly less horrid. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2015, 09:25:10 PM »
I find this thread humorous. 

Whether a woman's hair is long or short does not matter to me.  It should be the woman's decision. 

Does  the stated preference for long hair have a sexual basis?   I admit I like long legs and perky breasts because of sexual appeal.  Length of hair is not a variable in my sexual attraction equation. 

Natural, casual life appeals to me, so personally I prefer short hair.   My wife usually wears her hair short, the same as she did for 14 years as a fashion runway model.  I asked my ex-wife (long, naturally blond hair) to try short hair and she emphatically said "NEVER!"

If I owned a  farm and needed my woman to help in farm chores while delivering lots of babies, I would want a stout woman unencumbered by long hair. 

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2015, 12:45:21 AM »

For (whatever) number of years of recorded history, across multiple civilizations that had little to no contact with each other, we see a {preference, recommendation, opinion}  for women to have long hair.

Long hair signifies health and fertility.  Just like the ratio of waist to hips (another fertility sign that men find attractive, when the ratio is approximately 0.7).

Cutting your hair too short, is thus very similar to weighing 50 lbs more than you should, in terms of being attractive to the majority of men.

Final point - it is MEN that determine what they find attractive in a woman.  Just as WOMEN determine what they find attractive in men. 

So when talking about what makes a woman attractive, regardless of your feeeeeeewwwwings about the subject, whatever the majority of men would in general find attractive, is what is actually attractive.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2015, 01:06:41 AM »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Boethius

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2015, 01:11:32 AM »
Final point - it is MEN that determine what they find attractive in a woman.  Just as WOMEN determine what they find attractive in men. 

So when talking about what makes a woman attractive, regardless of your feeeeeeewwwwings about the subject, whatever the majority of men would in general find attractive, is what is actually attractive.

The men on this forum do not represent the global world of men.  Studies on this have demonstrated a weak correlation between hair length and attractiveness.  There are men who posted their "feeeeeeewwwwings about the subject" above, and also had no preference, or had no objection to short hair.  I asked my husband, and he looked at me as if I were crazy. (and no, I do not have short hair).

Consequently, your view that this is the be all and end all, end of story, is rather overstated.  No, it is your preference, and that of some men here. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:13:03 AM by Boethius »

Offline Muzh

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2015, 08:00:32 AM »
For (whatever) number of years of recorded history, across multiple civilizations that had little to no contact with each other, we see a {preference, recommendation, opinion}  for women to have long hair.

Long hair signifies health and fertility.  Just like the ratio of waist to hips (another fertility sign that men find attractive, when the ratio is approximately 0.7).

Cutting your hair too short, is thus very similar to weighing 50 lbs more than you should, in terms of being attractive to the majority of men.

Heh, if you live in a cave or out in the open Savannah.  ;)

Right on bro. That's how it's been and will always be.

Also, as FT mentioned, there are women who look horrible with short hair as well as other women who look morbid with long hair. BUT, that is their own preference.

Now guys, keep in mind that if a woman cuts her hair short and feels extremely sexy, you have to be dead or a dickhead not to notice. Especially when she "moves" accordingly with her new style.

So stop being such

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2015, 08:05:28 AM »
I have pictures of my wife from years ago and her hair was longer then. Truth is, I wouldn't have looked twice. Now with her being older and much shorter hair she gets many second looks. The other day after we left the supermarket she told me that she noticed that 3 different men had been looking at her. It isn't that I prefer short hair but it works out better for her face. Just my story.

Offline Noch1

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2015, 08:52:38 AM »
Women who are taller with long neck or stronger facial features can look amazing with short hair. But if were speaking WW, the largest portion of women are over weight. Most over weight women would benefit ( looks wise) from
medium to longer hair.  I suspect the higher % of men, prefer longer
hair as much from tradition than anything.

IMO, its the women's choice, my wife has Medium length hair.
For me, like Mendy, I would find her beautiful regardless of what she had for hair style.
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
Keep in mind with today's busier lifestyle some women simply don't have the time to maintain a longer hairstyle.

Having been in relationships over the years with ladies with both long and short hairstyles there is a difference in hair time management.

Further, in today's work force, length of hair could be a consideration. I'm thinking of Police Officers, construction workers, women working with or around heavy equipment/machinery, that kind of thing.

For myself, if a lady want's to switch it up every now and then, that's a good thing. Like most men here (I'd assume), I can think of a number of things higher on the list of 'things I wouldn't want my lady to do'... like switching up my brand of fridge beer unannounced. >:(  :D

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2015, 11:11:30 AM »

The men on this forum do not represent the global world of men. 

The men on this forum do represent men who seek an international marriage,
which the OP was asking about. There are men who like to see women with
tattooed faces or giant rings in their faces, there are men who prefer bald
women, there are men who prefer the company of sheep and their are men
who prefer women with short hair. All those men are far into the minority.

I didn't see any man here who said he prefers a woman with short hair, I've
only seen men who say they would accept a woman with short hair.

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2015, 11:15:28 AM »
Attached some gals that look pretty good with short hair.

Only 100% of them would look better with long hair. Sharon Stone grew her hair long
for her movies (because men like it)

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541604
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1369
Most Online Ever: 12701