It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 102966 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1450 on: June 03, 2019, 11:09:31 AM »
Yes, I agree completely. Only *one of us* is a hypocrite for making hypocritical statement like the above. I am happy to see you admitting the error of your ways.

Kindly explain how you - the obvious hypocrite - given you have not criticised 'Trampu'  decided your cap fitted me ? ...

I thought you claimed you had mastered 4 languages ...

English is CLEARLY not one of them ..

[ Moby edit: GQB did not actually use the word mastered - but told us English was his 4th language while correcting another poster's English ]

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:01:09 PM by msmob »
No to Brexit, Yes to a People's Vote on Brexit, THEN a General Election

Online Gator

« Reply #1451 on: June 03, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »

I choose not to read the posts of CB and JG - I'm clearly not missing much ... as you just proved !

You do not read CB,  You do not read JG.  That leaves only Trench. 

You impress me as one of those troubled laddies who enjoyed focusing the sunlight through his mag glass onto ants.     

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1452 on: June 03, 2019, 03:33:07 PM »
Notice on coverage of Trump's visit on the beeb those protesting at Trump were also those carrying EU flags. From some of the comments from them it certainly seems that Remoaners tend to also be mostly anti-trump. Theoretically two separate issues that seem to be merging into one, a vision of where British people see Britain's future; with the EU or with the US.

I personally believe we would be much better of with the US, we have more similarities than differences and work better together. The UK has always been an awkward fit with the EU and in more recent years have suffered a lot of migration problems from being a part of it. An Independent UK with a close relationship to the US would be better for us I believe.
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1453 on: June 03, 2019, 08:44:42 PM »
You do not read CB,  You do not read JG.  That leaves only Trench. 

You impress me as one of those troubled laddies who enjoyed focusing the sunlight through his mag glass onto ants.     

You impress me as one of those people who offer up an 'opinion' without knowing the circumstances, but when you do.. you seem to get it, learn and move on, much the wiser ))

Online msmob

« Reply #1454 on: June 03, 2019, 08:56:09 PM »

I personally believe we would be much better of with the US, we have more similarities than differences and work better together. The UK has always been an awkward fit with the EU and in more recent years have suffered a lot of migration problems from being a part of it. An Independent UK with a close relationship to the US would be better for us I believe.

Trench, as with so many of your 'conclusions' you enter garbage in and get garbage out ..to use a US expression.

Why would the UK in it's right mind choose to leave a trading zone more than twice to size to risk doing tariff free biz with a protectionist President?

Unlike you, I DO biz with other nations and currently pay more duty from the US on electronics than I do from China..

Do you want to be the 51st state ?)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1455 on: June 04, 2019, 04:46:42 AM »
Trench, as with so many of your 'conclusions' you enter garbage in and get garbage out ..to use a US expression.

Why would the UK in it's right mind choose to leave a trading zone more than twice to size to risk doing tariff free biz with a protectionist President?

Unlike you, I DO biz with other nations and currently pay more duty from the US on electronics than I do from China..

Do you want to be the 51st state ?)

I don't want the UK to be the 51st state nor a client state or junior partner to the US. I don't want the UK to be part of an EU superstate, it's client state or subjugated by it. It's perfectly possible for the UK to be Independent, there are many countries globally for the UK to trade with, many of them Commonwealth members and many besides.

In addition once we break away from the EU other EU members will see they will not be alone in breaking away also and free themselves from the overbearing Empire building situation the EU has become. We will be able to form a purely trade relationship with these ex-member nations and end the monster the EU has evolved into. The EU has taken our goodwill used to create it and now wishes to dominate us and all of Europe under its control,we have created a monster which has gotten out of hand and must stop it now and start over. It should be the European nations that control and European trade organisation or otherwise, not the other way around.

Trump only raises tariffs to stop other countries taking advantage of the US as they have done for so long that many people there don't realise how much they get away with. Correctly he states that Mexico should be doing its but to stop illegal migrants crossing it's border from Mexico and South America. Raising tariffs will focus their minds on this and the unfairness that US taxpayers should cop the bill for this alone. The US has no reason to raise tariffs on the UK and we have other places to go anyway. Once we leave the EU we can do a trade deal with the US that he is willing to do. Then you could well see your US components getting cheaper Moby. The tide us turning and time to change sides Mobers, I know as the turncoat you are you are more than capable of it ;)

Online msmob

« Reply #1456 on: June 04, 2019, 05:43:21 AM »
I don't want the UK to be the 51st state nor a client state or junior partner to the US.

Well stop posting like a muppet and realise that UK PLC is not an empire any more - 'we' cannot trade at a disadvantage and cozying up to 'Trampu's' protectionist US... DUMB

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1457 on: June 04, 2019, 06:05:35 AM »
Well stop posting like a muppet and realise that UK PLC is not an empire any more - 'we' cannot trade at a disadvantage and cozying up to 'Trampu's' protectionist US... DUMB

Oh my, looks like a deal will be done after all:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48507244

Online msmob

« Reply #1458 on: June 04, 2019, 06:15:41 AM »
Oh my, looks like a deal will be done after all:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48507244

DUH,

1/ The UK is an EU nation  - 'we' cannot do deals as an EU member

2/ Mrs May is a lame duck and cannot agree anything

3/ Parliament has to vote and agree on any 'deal' ..

Trench,

WHEN are you going to post something you DO know about ?

Edited to add:  factual pics that even Trench and co can understand

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 06:48:05 AM by msmob »

Offline Blighty

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1459 on: June 04, 2019, 08:39:43 AM »
The UK's trade with EU is well-known to be declining over recent years … see http://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

Online msmob

« Reply #1460 on: June 04, 2019, 08:59:24 AM »
Hi Blighty

1/ 'Even I' can look at your graph and see that the gap has been closing, again

2/ "Trade with the EU matters a lot, but slightly less than it used to" .. Indeed, Slightly  - but if we 'crash out' - that figure WILL fall and goods will cost more - both ways

3/ "After the UK leaves the EU, the future rules on trade will depend on what kind of agreement, if any, the UK reaches with the EU after its departure. Trade in services will be particularly important, because about 80% of the UK economy comes from providing services.

The future trade rules on services for a country outside the EU are particularly difficult to predict. "

'We've' already lost the Euro clearing / trade sector ... we weren't even IN the Euro..

So, are you saying leaving the biggest free trade zone is 'wise' ?

Offline Blighty

« Reply #1461 on: June 04, 2019, 10:09:19 AM »
Moby, you live in an EUphile bubble and have no conception about life in other parts of England.

I live in an economically deprived area, where people do not care about the Euro clearing process.

People want local control of their lives rather than living according to the whims of unelected politicians like Juncker and Tusk. Until you start to realise the reasons behind Brexit then you will never understand Brexiteers.

Simply, you across as an employee of a Soros-funded / EU-funded trolling factory in Cyprus!

Online msmob

« Reply #1462 on: June 04, 2019, 10:35:18 AM »
Moby, you live in an EUphile bubble and have no conception about life in other parts of England.

So ' true' - I don't have family in the NW - who voted 'leave' in the referendum - but voted Lib Dem and Green - in the EU ones ..

I don't have a daughter living in a 'leave' region in southern England ..

I don't have a biz partner living in a 'leave' voting part of Wales ( in the referendum of '16 ) that voted PC this time ..

I don't travel within EU nations and experience the negativity to Brits that began to be seriously detrimental and illegal

Was that the sort of 'bubble' you meant ?

I live in an economically deprived area, where people do not care about the Euro clearing process.

Well, Londoners do care - hence the strongER REMAIN vote - as they see jobs going 

People want local control of their lives rather than living according to the whims of unelected politicians like Juncker and Tusk. Until you start to realise the reasons behind Brexit then you will never understand Brexiteers.

You just proved how daft some folk are in their knowledge of how the EU works :

1/ Tusk - ELECTED President ( of the European Council )  in 2014 and 2017 - tell us WHO elected him please ..

2/ Juncker - ELECTED President ( of the European Commission ) - tell us us who elected HIM, please ..

I hope you learnt something

Simply, you across as an employee of a Soros-funded / EU-funded trolling factory in Cyprus!

Not good, but better than posting ignorant and daft - and proving it ..?

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1463 on: June 04, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »
Well looks like its time for cha, cha, changes in the UK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48515505

The nutter Anna Soubry has been elected and half the party has decided to head off elsewhere. Should be intereting to see what happens. Looks like your Change UK is falling apart fast Mobers, another Remain debacle.

Online msmob

« Reply #1464 on: June 04, 2019, 11:15:34 AM »
Well looks like its time for cha, cha, changes in the UK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48515505

The nutter Anna Soubry has been elected and half the party has decided to head off elsewhere. Should be intereting to see what happens. Looks like your Change UK is falling apart fast Mobers, another Remain debacle.

Dear Trenchie

I didn't bother to discuss that UKIP's leader has resigned, yesterday - the fifth in two years

http://news.sky.com/story/ukip-braced-for-new-leader-as-gerard-batten-resigns-11734012

Why didn't I 'bovver' - because UKIP became thebrexitparty.com - and we BOTH know that the latter will fail - or you'd have bet me £50 ...

As to Change..  As I voted Lib Dem - it was cleat that their leaving the Labour / Conservative parties was a 'clue' to the old parties to wake up - which they didn't and Change cannot compete - as there are already too many Remain parties - 2 was too many for 'brextremists' ... ;)

It matters not, as the fact of the matter is they'll all still be voting against any 'no deal' in this parliament

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1465 on: June 04, 2019, 12:20:35 PM »
Sounds like old Mobers must have a lot at stake that is dependant on the EU, his business, etc to be constantly harping on about it. I do hope we aren't sending the poor old chap of to the poor house over it all :-\

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1466 on: June 04, 2019, 04:14:16 PM »
Those lefty mates of Moby protesting against Trump in London today look a right bunch of wackos and nutjobs.

I can see where Moby gets his inspiration from now....
Just saying it like it is.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1467 on: June 04, 2019, 04:30:15 PM »
Those lefty mates of Moby protesting against Trump in London today look a right bunch of wackos and nutjobs.

I can see where Moby gets his inspiration from now....

They certainly are, I was up in London a few weeks back and you had them around Parliament, very few in number, just three or four of them shouting through a large metal speaker to 'Stop Bre...xit'. Everyone was looking at them with bemusement as they made a right spectacle and fools of themselves. Many tourists were stood around taking photos of them at having a right laugh at them. They do indeed look total wackos all garbed up in their weird EU clobber.

Online msmob

« Reply #1468 on: June 05, 2019, 12:01:02 AM »
Dear Trench,

You DO realise that quoting CB allows me to view the stupidity I sought to avoid?(

Ah well...

CB suggesting those demonstrating against Trump are 'lefties' proves how daft you both are are....

You need to get out in the real world..

Oh look..it's a front bench Tory minister criticising 'Trampu'..

I see blocking you has not prevented your spectacular fails..

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 12:02:52 AM by msmob »

Online msmob

« Reply #1469 on: June 05, 2019, 12:07:57 AM »
June 4th 2019

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-06-04/welsh-government-will-now-campaign-to-remain-in-the-european-union/

Welsh Government will now campaign to remain in the European Union

Well,

That's Scotland, N.Ireland and now WALES are REMAIN ..

Just some little englanders need to wake up

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1470 on: June 05, 2019, 04:37:33 AM »
Moby showing a  remainer MP,who is a huge part of the Windrush scandal, as a stick to beat Trump with....he IS getting desperate...LOL

It was very interesting seeing a recent cringeworthy video performance of Moby ..looks like the pressure of Brexit is getting to him....: )))

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 04:42:32 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #1471 on: June 05, 2019, 04:47:18 AM »
Moby showing a  remainer MP,who is a huge part of the Windrush scandal, as a stick to beat Trump with....he IS getting desperate...LOL

It was very interesting seeing a recent cringeworthy video performance of Moby ..looks like the pressure of Brexit is getting to him....: )))
The Fool showing his dishonesty again. No sign of Amber Rudd ‘demonstrating’ against Trump.
A sneaky devious rat is MobyFool.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1472 on: June 05, 2019, 01:18:05 PM »
Got a laugh at this one just come in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48534589

Online msmob

« Reply #1473 on: June 05, 2019, 02:09:06 PM »
I am not laughing...I think it is brilliant..

Farage diddling expenses

Boris lied..and Muppets like you believed him

Labour kick out someone with a clue..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1474 on: June 05, 2019, 02:19:31 PM »
I am not laughing...I think it is brilliant..

Farage diddling expenses

Boris lied..and Muppets like you believed him

Labour kick out someone with a clue..

Campbell opened his big mouth and got taken down a peg or two, boy I bet his oversized ego is hurting even now, lol. Wonderful to see Remoaners getting it where it hurts :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9974
Latest: shakennotstirred
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 491251
Total Topics: 19420
Most Online Today: 1526
Most Online Ever: 2480