It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 234657 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1625 on: July 23, 2019, 02:55:38 AM »
You really are a fool Mobers, that would be the ideal scenario. Sure let all Remain but jobs from the Labour & Tory Party join the Lib Dems. Then watch a VoC in Parliament. Then we can watch most of those Remoan MP defectors get knocked out, perfect!

This 'fool' can work out numbers... it's going to be a bloodbath for the Tories .. the wise members will cross the floor and Boris, 'no deal' will be gone ..

This 'fool' has challenged you to put your money where your mouth is....

Shows how committed you are to your beliefs ;)

[edited to add: Some polls to work on numbers for you ]

http://www.markpack.org.uk/155623/voting-intention-opinion-poll-scorecard/

In EVERY poll - remain parties out-weigh leave .. 

For cousins across the Pond

Remain : LibDem, 2/3 of Labour voters, Green, SNP, PC, Alliance Party, SDLP,  SF

Leave : 2/3 Tories ( Conservative) , UKIP/ the brexitparty.com...  DUP are 'leave' but will not support a 'no deal' / hard brexit involving a border / customs control with the Irish Republic ..

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:29:07 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1626 on: July 23, 2019, 03:21:49 AM »
This 'fool' can work out numbers... it's going to be a bloodbath for the Tories .. the wise members will cross the floor and Boris, 'no deal' will be gone ..

This 'fool' has challenged you to put your money where your mouth is....

Shows how committed you are to your beliefs ;)

And in a General Election, particularly if it bridges over the 31st October how do you think Remainers will fare?
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1627 on: July 23, 2019, 03:31:51 AM »
Trench .. you are sounding desperate .. IF there's going to be a GE ..I'm sure we'll get an extension .. the EU want us to remain ;)

It's looking GRIM for Boris and thebrexitparty.com

Looking forward to the Brecon by-election ...

Some numbers for you, there ..

http://leftfootforward.org/2019/07/polling-shows-lib-dem-lead-in-brecon-by-election/

LD's on 43 percent - Tories on 28 ..with 'our Nigel' screwing things up in a leave seat on 20 ...  It's first past the post ... 

I
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:36:19 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1628 on: July 23, 2019, 03:41:53 AM »
Trench .. you are sounding desperate .. IF there's going to be a GE ..I'm sure we'll get an extension .. the EU want us to remain ;)

It's looking GRIM for Boris and thebrexitparty.com

Looking forward to the Brecon by-election ...

No, no, no, no, lol, it's up to the British PM to ASK for an extension or the extension doesn't happen :D If Boris doesn't do that we leave the EU by default on the 31st October. He already knows the danger of extending beyond that date. The Brecon by election is a defeat for the Tories in the making that looks set along with the other Tory MP going in September or soon after to aid us Leavers in an eventual GE election victory. Your just not seeing how this is likely to all play out Mobers.

Online msmob

« Reply #1629 on: July 23, 2019, 03:57:10 AM »
No, no, no, no, lol, it's up to the British PM to ASK for an extension or the extension doesn't happen :D If Boris doesn't do that we leave the EU by default on the 31st October. He already knows the danger of extending beyond that date. The Brecon by election is a defeat for the Tories in the making that looks set along with the other Tory MP going in September or soon after to aid us Leavers in an eventual GE election victory. Your just not seeing how this is likely to all play out Mobers.

'Sorry', Trench

you and reality are far apart ..

There's £200 up for grabs for the person calling it right and YOU would lose, your money ...

First Brecon , Going, going gone ..then Charlie Elphicke ( he'll be busy in September )  ... going, going ...

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1630 on: July 23, 2019, 03:59:49 AM »

'Sorry', Trench

you and reality are far apart ..

There's £200 up for grabs for the person calling it right and YOU would lose, your money ...

First Brecon , Going, going gone ..then Charlie Elphicke ( he'll be busy in September )  ... going, going ...

You won't admit when you are wrong Mobers do you.  Both those events play into Boris's hands, it helps to getting him to a GE and a renewed Parliament that is more reflective of the country which is pro-leave.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1631 on: July 23, 2019, 04:09:08 AM »
Yay!!!! Boris has just been elected PM!!! :cheesy:

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1632 on: July 23, 2019, 04:21:25 AM »
Boris was elected with a whopping two thirds of his party's vote. Think that shows the way your previous party has gone Mobers ;)

Online msmob

« Reply #1633 on: July 23, 2019, 04:46:57 AM »
You won't admit when you are wrong Mobers do you.  Both those events play into Boris's hands, it helps to getting him to a GE and a renewed Parliament that is more reflective of the country which is pro-leave.

That's a strange thing to claim given Remain parties got 5 percent more of the vote in May's EU elections and the Polls showing the REMAIN parties combined  are still in front  - if there was an election, now ..

Boris was elected with a whopping two thirds of his party's vote. Think that shows the way your previous party has gone Mobers ;)

I'm glad he won, it will make things easier for 'no, no deal' supporters to unite to defeat Boris and the brexitparty.com

First, Brecon...

Boris is going to get a bloody nose in a 'leave' seat

Poor 'ol deluded Trench,   Hunt was the greater danger ..

Boris will put his foot in his mouth.. His winning just caused another Minister to resign ..how's he going to win ANY votes in the house ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/anne-milton-resigns-boris-johnson-tory-minister-leadership-election-result-a9016846.html
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 04:50:51 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1634 on: July 23, 2019, 05:04:46 AM »

That's a strange thing to claim given Remain parties got 5 percent more of the vote in May's EU elections and the Polls showing the REMAIN parties combined  are still in front  - if there was an election, now ..

I'm glad he won, it will make things easier for 'no, no deal' supporters to unite to defeat Boris and the brexitparty.com

First, Brecon...

Boris is going to get a bloody nose in a 'leave' seat

Poor 'ol deluded Trench,   Hunt was the greater danger ..

Boris will put his foot in his mouth.. His winning just caused another Minister to resign ..how's he going to win ANY votes in the house ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/anne-milton-resigns-boris-johnson-tory-minister-leadership-election-result-a9016846.html

Never heard of her, a complete unknown. Gets her some publicity at least, lol.

He most likely won't win any votes on the house, that's a good thing, it will, a). Push him to go for a General Election and resolve a paralysed situation in Parliament most likely in favour of Leavers, and b). It will keep him to the goal of leaving on the 31st October as he will have no room to move like Theresa to a small degree.

Hunt was a waste of time, he would have been another Theresa May and bolted when the crunch time came. We need someone steadfast and Boris I hope is that person, if not Boris then Farage but I am hopeful Boris will get the job done. Watch this space Mobers!

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1635 on: July 23, 2019, 05:17:27 AM »
If I was in Boris's position I would give all cabinet posts to Leave MP's and take up a strong No Deal stance right before Parliamentary recess. I would p*ss off Tory Remain MP's as much as I could to get them to leave the party. That way I would be shot of them for good. Right after Parliamentary recess in September I would trump a likely VoC by calling a General Election with the date after the 31st October. Hard No Deal Brexit achieved and Remoaners in the party largely gotten rid of most of whom would lose their seats in the General Election. Job done ;D

Online msmob

« Reply #1636 on: July 23, 2019, 05:21:59 AM »
Never heard of her, a complete unknown. Gets her some publicity at least, lol.

He most likely won't win any votes on the house, that's a good thing, it will, a). Push him to go for a General Election and resolve a paralysed situation in Parliament most likely in favour of Leavers, and b). It will keep him to the goal of leaving on the 31st October as he will have no room to move like Theresa to a small degree.

Hunt was a waste of time, he would have been another Theresa May and bolted when the crunch time came. We need someone steadfast and Boris I hope is that person, if not Boris then Farage but I am hopeful Boris will get the job done. Watch this space Mobers!

Trench, you MUPPET, if there was a GE and the Remain parties agree which seats to contest .. Boris and brextremeist toryism  will be history ..

I'll be watching out for the 1st August - so, should you ..Boris will see another seat gone ..

I'm upping my offer to £300, now ... 

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1637 on: July 23, 2019, 05:54:56 AM »
Trench, you MUPPET, if there was a GE and the Remain parties agree which seats to contest .. Boris and brextremeist toryism  will be history ..

I'll be watching out for the 1st August - so, should you ..Boris will see another seat gone ..

I'm upping my offer to £300, now ...

There's just no end to your gambling addiction is there Mobe :-\

Remain parties will never agree what seats to contest, Brecon is a one off. The candidates making way there know they can't win plus there is only a limited time the winner will hold the seat before it is up again in another General Election.

All the Remain parties in a General Election will have to agree at their Executive level AND their candidate level - in few of the Remain parties can their candidates be forced to stand aside. It's why Lib/Lab pacts never happen these days.

It's easier for new parties to pull their candidates. Change UK will of course field the five of themselves as they have to fight for their seats as will the independent group of MP'S. Odds are Change UK now led by Soubry will field candidates in other seats to try and become or stay a viable party. Change UK is an idiotic venture, they might as well join the Lib Dems BUT that depends on many things too including on how the Lib Dems poll in their constituentcy.

Not so for the Brexit Party, you can bet Farage is in full control this time not like under UKIP. He will very likely be able to pull candidates, even the whole party at a moment's notice. If Boris can call GE that jumps over the 31st October leave date then he will likely not face the Brexit Party. Farage had made clear that it's existence is soley with the aim of achieving Brexit. Odds are he will very likely stay his party if it looks like Brexit will be achieved. UKIP had meanwhile been smashed in the EU Elections. So pretty much the whole Leave camp of votes for Farage to gobble up :D

Outcome, a huge Boris Tory majority while the other parties hopelessly divide the Remain vote :)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1638 on: July 23, 2019, 09:05:10 AM »
Moby must be excited about the UK's new prime minister.

‘The Dude’ to ‘deliver Brexit, unite the country, defeat Corbyn
as he beats Hunt handily

Boris Johnson has been elected new Conservative leader in a ballot of party members and will become the next UK prime minister.

He beat Jeremy Hunt comfortably, winning 92,153 votes to his rival's 46,656.
The former London mayor takes over from Theresa May on Wednesday.
In his victory speech, Mr Johnson promised he would "deliver Brexit,
unite the country and defeat Jeremy Corbyn".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49084605
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 09:10:34 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.

Online msmob

« Reply #1639 on: July 23, 2019, 09:53:42 AM »
Poor Beel.

Out of your depth again, re UK politics

The enemy is any leave supporting leader and Corbyn or Farage are just as scary a thought as PM ..

We have a new lass as leader of the Lib Dems and a few Tories look likely to leave to join them

Boris could be one of our shortest serving PMs... Having the support of 'Trampu' over here is the kiss of death ..;)

Boris  was elected by 0.01 percent of UK voters.. and will be one more MP down in a few days ..

He evens look a little like 'Trampu' ...;)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:22:48 PM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1640 on: July 23, 2019, 12:01:23 PM »
Poor Beel.

Out of your depth again, re UK politics

The enemy is any leave supporting leader and Corbyn or Farage are just as scary a thought as PM ..

We have a new lass as leader of the Lib Dems and a few Tories look likely to leave to join them

Boris could be one of our shortest serving PMs... Having the support of 'Trampu' over here is the kiss of death ..;)

Boris  was elected by 0.01 percent of UK voters.. and will be one more MP down in a few days ..

He evens look a litle like 'Trampu' ...;)

Yes some they've elected some deranged woman as leader of the Lib Dems. I can see her putting more people off than anything.

It's a good thing that Trump & Boris get on well with each other. Too long have we had a situation of US President & UK PM's being at odds with each other. Both countries could benefit well from this situation.

Online msmob

« Reply #1641 on: July 23, 2019, 12:27:13 PM »
Yes some they've elected some deranged woman as leader of the Lib Dems. I can see her putting more people off than anything.

what will be your excuse the morning after Aug 1st ... when the Lib Dems take another seat from the Tories ..?

It's a good thing that Trump & Boris get on well with each other. Too long have we had a situation of US President & UK PM's being at odds with each other. Both countries could benefit well from this situation.

The real truth ..

1/ "the most-trafficked Johnson quote about Trump came after Trump wrongly said in 2015 that there were “no-go” zones in London where police wouldn’t go because of Muslim extremists. Johnson, who at the time served as mayor of London, said Trump demonstrated “a quite stupefying ignorance that makes him, frankly, unfit to hold the office of president of the United States.” Johnson was reportedly the first senior British politician to declare Trump unfit for the presidency."

2/ “I would invite him to come and see the whole of London and take him round the city,” Johnson added, “but I don’t want to expose Londoners to any unnecessary risk of meeting Donald Trump.”

3/  “the only reason I wouldn’t go to some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump.” He has also said of visiting New York (where Johnson was born): “Some photographers were trying to take a picture of me, and a girl walked down the pavement towards me and she stopped and she said, ‘Gee, is that Trump?’ It was one of the worst moments.”

source Washington Post ..and it is not 'fake news' ..

As ever, our Trenchie isn't that clued up ..
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:33:59 PM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1642 on: July 23, 2019, 02:30:42 PM »
what will be your excuse the morning after Aug 1st ... when the Lib Dems take another seat from the Tories ..?

The real truth ..

1/ "the most-trafficked Johnson quote about Trump came after Trump wrongly said in 2015 that there were “no-go” zones in London where police wouldn’t go because of Muslim extremists. Johnson, who at the time served as mayor of London, said Trump demonstrated “a quite stupefying ignorance that makes him, frankly, unfit to hold the office of president of the United States.” Johnson was reportedly the first senior British politician to declare Trump unfit for the presidency."

2/ “I would invite him to come and see the whole of London and take him round the city,” Johnson added, “but I don’t want to expose Londoners to any unnecessary risk of meeting Donald Trump.”

3/  “the only reason I wouldn’t go to some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump.” He has also said of visiting New York (where Johnson was born): “Some photographers were trying to take a picture of me, and a girl walked down the pavement towards me and she stopped and she said, ‘Gee, is that Trump?’ It was one of the worst moments.”

source Washington Post ..and it is not 'fake news' ..

As ever, our Trenchie isn't that clued up ..

He's joking Mobers.

Online msmob

« Reply #1643 on: July 23, 2019, 10:23:49 PM »
Trench

you have demonstrated you aren't good at reading women..

Now I see it is people in general

Boris was deadly serious,,, 

What you're seeing now is ambition over truth... that is always Boris' downfall

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1644 on: July 24, 2019, 02:20:34 AM »
Trench

you have demonstrated you aren't good at reading women..

Now I see it is people in general

Boris was deadly serious,,, 

What you're seeing now is ambition over truth... that is always Boris' downfall

You aren't good at reading the situation Mobers.

Farage at least is ready to do an electoral pact with Boris as I said ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49092692

It also looks like Boris because of the summer recess will not face a confidence vote/need for a General Election till September/October. That's brilliant timing :) As explained he dare not ask for an extension even to go for a General Election as it will sink his chances. So the General Election will end up being held over the 31st October :D Anything else and the Brexit Party will come storming in.

Crucially his majority in Parliament will have evaporated by September/October, that means he has no way of doing as he pleases :) It basically forces a No Deal Brexit on him :D Hope you are now following how the Brecon by election loss etc actually helps us get to no deal brexit Mobers ;D

Online msmob

« Reply #1645 on: July 24, 2019, 04:25:40 AM »
You aren't good at reading the situation Mobers.

Farage at least is ready to do an electoral pact with Boris as I said ;)

Duh, Trenchie..

Farage is toast..he reads the polls..he has seen what the REMAIN parties are doing in Brecon..He knows that Boris will take away his Party's oxygen .

Your v.own link proves the 'trust' between them .. ))

thebrexitparty.com will go the way of UKIP... Hopefully, takingn enough votes from Boris to sink each other ..

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 04:28:20 AM by msmob »

Online msmob

« Reply #1646 on: July 24, 2019, 04:31:16 AM »
The 'Oirish' Times sums up Boris, perfectly ..

"The Irish Times sees Mr Johnson as a "new nadir" in British politics, but holds out some hope that his personality might provide a way out of the backstop impasse.

"The best hope for Ireland and for Europe... is that Johnson will be guided by three of his worst traits... he doesn't mean a word he says, he is obsessed with power, and he is willing to betray those closest to him in the pursuit of that power," contends its editorial."

As SO often predicted.. the Irish border Q will sink Boris or anyone trying a 'no deal' Brexit ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1647 on: July 24, 2019, 05:51:02 AM »
The 'Oirish' Times sums up Boris, perfectly ..

"The Irish Times sees Mr Johnson as a "new nadir" in British politics, but holds out some hope that his personality might provide a way out of the backstop impasse.

"The best hope for Ireland and for Europe... is that Johnson will be guided by three of his worst traits... he doesn't mean a word he says, he is obsessed with power, and he is willing to betray those closest to him in the pursuit of that power," contends its editorial."

As SO often predicted.. the Irish border Q will sink Boris or anyone trying a 'no deal' Brexit ..

Nope, in the end there will be a hard border in NI I've told you that Mobers. It will likely come about by default than any decision to have one. After Summer recess we are almost certainly going to have a General Election. That will jump over the 31st October leaving date. Both Boris and JC will welcome it as it will relieve both of the impasse and the responsibility of the Brexit situation. Tory Brexiteers will welcome it as it will get the job done so a few at least will just not vote in a VoC. In fact most of the house will welcome it in the end as finally moves the whole situation onwards. Ready that Irish passport of yours Mobers! ;D

Online msmob

« Reply #1648 on: July 24, 2019, 05:58:21 AM »
Nope, in the end there will be a hard border in NI I've told you that Mobers. It will likely come about by default than any decision to have one. After Summer recess we are almost certainly going to have a General Election. That will jump over the 31st October leaving date. Both Boris and JC will welcome it as it will relieve both of the impasse and the responsibility of the Brexit situation. Tory Brexiteers will welcome it as it will get the job done so a few at least will just not vote in a VoC. In fact most of the house will welcome it in the end as finally moves the whole situation onwards. Ready that Irish passport of yours Mobers! ;D

£200 says there won't ..

You keep proving you do not understand

Do not be too confident that Boris can keep Parliament from being recalled

http://constitution-unit.com/2019/07/23/pressures-to-recall-parliament-over-brexit-during-the-summer-seem-likely-what-if-they-occur/

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1649 on: July 24, 2019, 06:38:40 AM »
£200 says there won't ..

You keep proving you do not understand

Do not be too confident that Boris can keep Parliament from being recalled

http://constitution-unit.com/2019/07/23/pressures-to-recall-parliament-over-brexit-during-the-summer-seem-likely-what-if-they-occur/

Your own source states it's only the government that can recall Parliament during a recess AND the speaker has to agree that it's in the public's interest. Boris will no doubt be talking to the EU about what can be done during this time, but the time that takes means that there will be no reason to recall Parliament. Boris is indeed unlikely to do so especially when his majority is cut down by a further 1 in the Brecon by-election and then another looming on the horizon. He will not want to risk recalling Parliament during which a VoC could be held before he's had much chance to talk to the EU or do anything.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8793
Latest: Brentpisse
New This Month: 12
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 516424
Total Topics: 19989
Most Online Today: 1686
Most Online Ever: 12701