It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 159308 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1775 on: August 06, 2019, 08:18:28 PM »
“We will see it as giving Britain an artificial comparative advantage and make us think about the need to retaliate against Britain, not to welcome Britain with new trade agreements.”
“Britain has much less to give than Europe as a whole did, therefore less reason for the United States to make concessions,” he said. “You make more concessions dealing with a wealthy man than you do dealing with a poor man.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/06/brexit-clinton-treasury-secretary-larry-summers-dismisses-desperate-uk-hopes-of-us-trade-deal

Remind us again of all the trade advantages Brexit will bring, Trench.

The quotes you state Grumpy are from an ex-treasury secutary so hardly relevant. Trump and the Senate are behind a trade deal. The opinion of some guy who holds no power or descusuin making on the matter is irrelevant.

Many of the points he makes are not necessarily so. The Pound is likely to rise steadily after we leave the EU as the situation will then be more certain. There are a wealth of other countries we can trade with and do deals, China for example currently supply us with many cheap products. Lastly the UK is not desperate to do trade deals, it is interested but by being a bet importer of goods we don't do that well out off free trade deals. The US on the other hand, if they had the UK to import goods into without the rest of Europe exporting their goods into the US readily through free trade then that could be seen as a preferable situation for the US.
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1776 on: August 07, 2019, 01:11:47 AM »
The Pound is likely to rise steadily after we leave the EU as the situation will then be more certain. There are a wealth of other countries we can trade with and do deals, China for example currently supply us with many cheap products. Lastly the UK is not desperate to do trade deals, it is interested but by being a bet importer of goods we don't do that well out off free trade deals. The US on the other hand, if they had the UK to import goods into without the rest of Europe exporting their goods into the US readily through free trade then that could be seen as a preferable situation for the US.

Trench, you are hilarious .. the Pound has already fallen in anticipation of the issues UK PLC will face...  On what basis do you suggest a recovery?

How many trade deals do we need to recover from the loss of  access to the biggest one.. the EU/ EEA
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:40:38 AM by msmob »
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1777 on: August 07, 2019, 02:39:28 AM »
Trench, you are hilarious .. the Pound has already fallen in anticipation of the issues UK PLC will face...  On what bais do you suggest a recovery?

How many trade deals do we need to recovery from the loss of  access to the biggest one.. the EU/ EEA

I'm saying those trade deals don't do much for us Moby, they do more for the EU than they do for us. You don't seem to get it, Britain economy could really soar as a result of WTO tariffs with the EU. Most of the manufacturing base that we have lost may come back in spades. The whole lot could bring in massive amounts of money for our government and many jobs.

Think about not paying billions to the EU each year, not having loads of East Europeans sending money our if the country back to their home country in Eastern Europe. Not also having services swamped with people but little revenue coming in to pay for them. Also think about more taxes received by the government from a revived manufacturing sector.

Once again we could end up with a very prosperous country not having the life blood sucked out of it by the EU.

Apparently the UK government contribute about £9 billion a year to the EU budget!!!!!!! Truely Shocking! No wonder why the UK government is skint! :o
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:10:05 AM by Trenchcoat »

Online msmob

« Reply #1778 on: August 07, 2019, 05:40:50 AM »
I'm saying those trade deals don't do much for us Moby, they do more for the EU than they do for us.

our biggest export market..ri-ight...

You don't seem to get it, Britain economy could really soar as a result of WTO tariffs with the EU. Most of the manufacturing base that we have lost may come back in spades. The whole lot could bring in massive amounts of money for our government and many jobs.

:ROFL: Tell that to the CBI - but one example

Think about not paying billions to the EU each year, not having loads of East Europeans sending money our if the country back to their home country in Eastern Europe. Not also having services swamped with people but little revenue coming in to pay for them. Also think about more taxes received by the government from a revived manufacturing sector.

Once again we could end up with a very prosperous country not having the life blood sucked out of it by the EU.

Apparently the UK government contribute about £9 billion a year to the EU budget!!!!!!! Truely Shocking! No wonder why the UK government is skint! :o

Your ignorance knows no bounds..

The EU migrants were net contributors to UK PLC. FACT.. The ave. EU worker pays more in than you do..based on your own numbers you posted ..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-workers-uk-tax-treasury-brexit-migrants-british-citizens-a8542506.html

WHAT a fail..

We contributed 0.28 pecent of our GNI (2018) a net £8.9 and we see other intangible benefits in te form of EU grants, subsidies that would cease..

http://ec.europa.eu/budget/graphs/revenue_expediture.html

http://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

You just aren't hot on facts / numbers..   You concept of 'Brexit benefits' is as sound as your dating techniques...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 09:40:36 AM by msmob »
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1779 on: August 07, 2019, 08:11:05 AM »

our biggest export market..ri-ight...

:ROFL: Tell that to the CBI - but one example

Your ignorance knows no bounds..

The EU migrants were net contributors to UK PLC. FACT.. The ave. EU worker pays more in than you do..based on your own numbers you posted ..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-workers-uk-tax-treasury-brexit-migrants-british-citizens-a8542506.html

WHAT a fail..

We contributed 0.28 pecent of our GNI (2018) a net £8.9 and we see other intangible benefits in te form of EU grants, subsidies that would cease..

http://ec.europa.eu/budget/graphs/revenue_expediture.html

http://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

You just aren't hot on facts / numbers..   You concept of 'Brexit benefits' is a sound as your dating techniques...

You're playing with statistics Mobers. The fact of the matter is £9 billion is a lot of money to be just giving away each year. To put it in perspective:

"HS2 is the biggest infrastructure project in Europe. The government says it will cost £56bn, with the first phase from London to Birmingham coming in at £27bn. The spending watchdog, the National Audit Office, investigated the land and property programme earlier this year.17 Dec 2018" BBC News Article.

That £9 billion we are giving to the EU could have paid for HS2 our NHS, help fund our Council services, etc.

£9 billion a year, are we crazy! Are we really giving away £9 billion a year! That is a silly amount of money to be just giving away. We must need our head read.

Oh I forgot we get a few coppers of that back as an EU grant of our money restamped as EU money, and we are supposed to be grateful for getting a few coppers of our own money sent back to us while the EU make off with nearly all of it. Perhaps it is just an EU p*ss take to belittle us and show how lordy they are.

Yes of course the CBI is looking out for their own interests of not wanting to stump up the £9 billion from its members so they can do free trade with EU countries.

To let the EU carry on taking such big money from us Mobers is just complacency, John Major had the same problem there, its pure weakness.

Online msmob

« Reply #1780 on: August 07, 2019, 09:48:51 AM »
You're playing with statistics Mobers.

:ROFL:

Do you dispute any stats I've posted ...?

Answer that, first

"HS2 is the biggest infrastructure project in Europe. The government says it will cost £56bn, with the first phase from London to Birmingham coming in at £27bn. The spending watchdog, the National Audit Office, investigated the land and property programme earlier this year.17 Dec 2018" BBC News Article.

Thanks for highlighting another Boris lie.. It wasa feared he would ditch the project - having told folks he was anti..   

Boris is  simply repeating Tory electoral pledges from the last two  / three elections  - depending which lie .. and repeating them.. He is FULL of hot air .. HS2 is WAY over budget - property purchases are costing WAY more than budgeted ..

That £9 billion we are giving to the EU could have paid for HS2 our NHS, help fund our Council services, etc.

As I said I will deal with that when you answr me .. Were any of my stats a lie ?

Yes of course the CBI is looking out for their own interests of not wanting to stump up the £9 billion from its members so they can do free trade with EU countries.

IDIOT .. The CBI Confederation of British Indusry are anti leave and esp in a 'no deal' scenario ...because it will cost jobs and profit

Answer the Q.. then I'll deal with the £8.9 Billion ( 2018 ) ... 0.28 percent of GNI ( Gross national income)

Online jone

« Reply #1781 on: August 07, 2019, 10:22:11 AM »
I read this morning that companies like Dominos in GB are stockpiling items that they import to make their pizzas in anticipation of a No Deal exit.  McDonalds, too.   Did you ever think that these companies might have insight into the likelihood of such an exit?   Hey, I'm not there and just a mildly interested third party.  But if all of the spectators are heading for the exits, maybe the show is over.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online msmob

« Reply #1782 on: August 07, 2019, 11:00:35 AM »
I read this morning that companies like Dominos in GB are stockpiling items that they import to make their pizzas in anticipation of a No Deal exit.  McDonalds, too.   Did you ever think that these companies might have insight into the likelihood of such an exit?   Hey, I'm not there and just a mildly interested third party.  But if all of the spectators are heading for the exits, maybe the show is over.

Jone  - the ever observant - fails to note that the same happened before March 31st ..

It would be madness not to cover bases ..

I know you meant UK .. [ GB?]

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1783 on: August 07, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »
Jone  - the ever observant - fails to note that the same happened before March 31st ..

It would be madness not to cover bases ..

I know you meant UK .. [ GB?]

Yeah just think of all of those fat chicks on the rampage if they can't get their pizza's, the carnage would be too much ;D

Online msmob

« Reply #1784 on: August 07, 2019, 02:26:35 PM »
Yeah just think of all of those fat chicks on the rampage if they can't get their pizza's, the carnage would be too much ;D

Not got time to answer my Q re which stat was inaccurate ..?  WHAT a 'surprise' ..

Well, I think you knew I'd move in for the kill - so you can have the mortal blow, now ..

Given that EU citizens paid in MORE on average than UK workers

1/ What does that tell you about the sort that voted to leave - re THEIR contribution to the nation ?

2/ Given the EU citizens paid in - on average £2300 MORE than average and they are leaving - that explains the £1500 million tax black hole that the last Chancellor of Exchequer spoke of re Brexit uncertainty ..

You see - EU membership meant we were better off - being an EU member meant the migrants contributed .... they weren't a 'burden' like clueless Muppets like you tell us ..

THERE's the reason why you didn't want to answer ..

I keep saying - numbers are not your 'thang' ..

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1785 on: August 07, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »
Not got time to answer my Q re which stat was inaccurate ..?  WHAT a 'surprise' ..

Well, I think you knew I'd move in for the kill - so you can have the mortal blow, now ..

Given that EU citizens paid in MORE on average than UK workers

1/ What does that tell you about the sort that voted to leave - re THEIR contribution to the nation ?

2/ Given the EU citizens paid in - on average £2300 MORE than average and they are leaving - that explains the £1500 million tax black hole that the last Chancellor of Exchequer spoke of re Brexit uncertainty ..

You see - EU membership meant we were better off - being an EU member meant the migrants contributed .... they weren't a 'burden' like clueless Muppets like you tell us ..

THERE's the reason why you didn't want to answer ..

I keep saying - numbers are not your 'thang' ..

Mobe you're getting straight up stats but interpreting them and twisting them to the slant you want to put them in.

The stats just show the stats you can't infere anything from them, they are a number and that's all.

Saying that £9bn is only a small part of one stat that does not fit in the context of our expenses and spending needs as a nation is pointless. Whereas I have shown how much £9bn a year would stack up in terms of paying for a large scale infrastructure project such as HS2.

Online msmob

« Reply #1786 on: August 07, 2019, 04:57:30 PM »
Mobe you're getting straight up stats but interpreting them and twisting them to the slant you want to put them in.

The stats just show the stats you can't infere anything from them, they are a number and that's all.

Saying that £9bn is only a small part of one stat that does not fit in the context of our expenses and spending needs as a nation is pointless. Whereas I have shown how much £9bn a year would stack up in terms of paying for a large scale infrastructure project such as HS2.

Muppet .. do the numbers - Let's take 2018 .. £8.9 billion .. we'll forget the EU grants to farmers, depressed areas - you've seen the signs where EU money paid for stuff ..

Let's only add the £2300  more the EU workers paid to the system .. that's 7%

In 2018, 10% of people working in the UK were born outside of the EU. The share of EU born workers in the labour market increased from 2% in 2004, but remained broadly stable from 2016 to 2018, when it stood at 7% in 2018 "

http://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-labour-market-an-overview/

There's lots of other stats you will not like to read there .. like how many claimedd benefits compared to UK folk and how they'd work doing jobs UK folk didn't want ..

So this 7% .. how much is that in numbers.. "For June to August 2018, there were 32.39 million people in work" .. So 2,267,300
were EU workers.. right ?

How much was the average wage ... even though we now KNOW they paid 5.2 billion more in tax ..  ?

Source: monster.co.uk

In 2016, Monster reported that the average annual salary was £22,381 for UK women and £32,961 for UK men. More recently, in August 2018, Monster's figures also showed the gap diminishing, with women earning an average of £25 303 and men earning an average of £30,524.

Let's take the average at £27000..Remember what you tell us you earn ...

How much tax would one pay on that ? http://www.income-tax.co.uk/after-tax/27000/  Just over 5100 in Tax and Social security ... So, let's find the total ... £5100 x 2,267,300 = £11.6 Billion

So, EU citizens contributed £16.8 Billion - and you think this is 'bad' ...?

What did you   'contribute' ? ... Thank you .. ? 

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:20:58 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1787 on: August 07, 2019, 10:38:28 PM »
All rubbish figures move proving nothing.

Yes I've seen those plaques where the EU claim credit for what is really some of our UK money paying for these projects, the cheek of it! A clear case of misrepresentation.

Online msmob

« Reply #1788 on: August 08, 2019, 02:12:05 AM »
All rubbish figures move proving nothing.

Yes I've seen those plaques where the EU claim credit for what is really some of our UK money paying for these projects, the cheek of it! A clear case of misrepresentation.

What was 'rubbish' ?   The figures from the ONS, The figures from Customs and Revenue, Monsters? ..

NO mis-representation ...  just proving your 'reasons' for voting 'leave' prove you a hyporcrite - based on YOU telling wehat you earn .. these EU migrants you want to stop - contribute FAR more than you .. 

You blame others when YOU arwe a tightwad..

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1789 on: August 08, 2019, 08:59:35 AM »
What was 'rubbish' ?   The figures from the ONS, The figures from Customs and Revenue, Monsters? ..

NO mis-representation ...  just proving your 'reasons' for voting 'leave' prove you a hyporcrite - based on YOU telling wehat you earn .. these EU migrants you want to stop - contribute FAR more than you .. 

You blame others when YOU arwe a tightwad..

Mobe this country is being left in a sh*tstate due to the actons of the EU in squeezing our governement of our much needed finance. All they care about is their grand project of doing up Eastern Europe with it for their own ego's and place in history. No the people of Western Europe being screwed over and losing oppportunities to have a decent life they won't be written about of course as is usually the case, only the EU leaders who will claim all the glory and want to ignore the plight of West Europeans who are suffering in making their dream come true.

Enough of this, we want our opportunity to have a life back, begone with these EU creeps.

Online msmob

« Reply #1790 on: August 09, 2019, 04:30:58 AM »
Mobe this country is being left in a sh*tstate due to the actons of the EU in squeezing our governement of our much needed finance. All they care about is their grand project of doing up Eastern Europe with it for their own ego's and place in history. No the people of Western Europe being screwed over and losing oppportunities to have a decent life they won't be written about of course as is usually the case, only the EU leaders who will claim all the glory and want to ignore the plight of West Europeans who are suffering in making their dream come true.

Enough of this, we want our opportunity to have a life back, begone with these EU creeps.

Posting bollox will not alter the FACT that  you tell us you voted 'leave' for a 'reason' that isn't even true .. .

...and your very own posts prove you contribute FAR less than EU citizens to UK PLC

:ROFL:.

Edited to add...

Oooops..

BBC News - UK economy shrinks for the first time since 2012
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49290926

Well done, leavers... You must be so proud...

What with the Pound falling like a stone... Remember... We are a net importing economy... So we will be worse off...

The excuses will be interesting..

Investment down

Construction slowed.. So much for our 'golden age'...

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:55:10 AM by msmob »

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1791 on: August 09, 2019, 08:21:13 AM »
Economies shrinking in other countries too....but of course the idiot Moby blames our shrinking economy on Bregsit,which hasn't even happened yet.

We've had terrible recessions while  we've been in the EU and we'll have more whether we leave or stay.

Dim tightwad remainers like Moby can't grasp this..it's all a bit difficult for their brain-power.

One could say it's undemocratic remainer MP'S blocking our leaving the EU  that are causing the slowdown in our economy by creating all the uncertainty, as the slowdown started AFTER they blocked us leaving at the end of March...ho hum.

The remainers must be so proud of themselves.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 08:32:39 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1792 on: August 09, 2019, 09:36:13 AM »
Posting bollox will not alter the FACT that  you tell us you voted 'leave' for a 'reason' that isn't even true .. .

...and your very own posts prove you contribute FAR less than EU citizens to UK PLC

:ROFL:.

Edited to add...

Oooops..

BBC News - UK economy shrinks for the first time since 2012
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49290926

Well done, leavers... You must be so proud...

What with the Pound falling like a stone... Remember... We are a net importing economy... So we will be worse off...

The excuses will be interesting..

Investment down

Construction slowed.. So much for our 'golden age'...

Chelsea Boy is right, it the Remoaners constantly trying to get in the way and delay and stop Brexit that is the fault of the slow down. They are causing turmoil by messing up the planning for Brexit for their own bitterness. The damage they are doing by frustrating the process is incredible. They are the ones causing uncertaincy and stopping companies from holding off on deals as they keep stepping in and interfering by trying to push the other way causing businesses to not know where they are or what is happening.

The latest is an attempt to delay Brexit till after a General Election Date:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49285670

That is ridiculous and will not wash as it's entirely legitimate for the Government to choose a General Election date and not do any more business of government till after the election date. The idea that that can be toyed around with is just ludicrous and anti democratic in itself and works against the customs of the British Government.

I don't even know what Remoaners think they will achieve even thinking of such. Do they want to lock the UK Government and country in a permanent state of paralysis just so nothing gets done and we descend more and more into chaos? They don't seem to see that they are seeking to do untold damage to the UK by constantly pursuing remaining in the EU. They need to allow the UK to move on and stop trying to block Parliament from governing this country for their own resentment of bit getting their way, it's time for them to stand aside on the issue.

Online msmob

« Reply #1793 on: August 09, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »
Chelsea Boy is right, it the Remoaners constantly trying to get in the way and delay and stop Brexit that is the fault of the slow down. They are causing turmoil by messing up the planning for Brexit for their own bitterness. The damage they are doing by frustrating the process is incredible. They are the ones causing uncertaincy and stopping companies from holding off on deals as they keep stepping in and interfering by trying to push the other way causing businesses to not know where they are or what is happening.

The latest is an attempt to delay Brexit till after a General Election Date:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49285670

That is ridiculous and will not wash as it's entirely legitimate for the Government to choose a General Election date and not do any more business of government till after the election date. The idea that that can be toyed around with is just ludicrous and anti democratic in itself and works against the customs of the British Government.

I don't even know what Remoaners think they will achieve even thinking of such. Do they want to lock the UK Government and country in a permanent state of paralysis just so nothing gets done and we descend more and more into chaos? They don't seem to see that they are seeking to do untold damage to the UK by constantly pursuing remaining in the EU. They need to allow the UK to move on and stop trying to block Parliament from governing this country for their own resentment of bit getting their way, it's time for them to stand aside on the issue.

Trench,

These things happened as firms stocked up SO much to avoid chaos at the end of March..

Now you ae 'blaming remain / no 'no deal' advocates for the woes the threat of leaving will bring ....? ;)

Best of all - you are confirming what I told you would happen ... Boris' is NOT going to be allowed to bring about a 'no deal' Brexit ..

Silly you, to doubt what the MAJORITY of UK voters think..no deal is so bad, we'd rather not leave at all..

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 03:58:28 PM by msmob »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1794 on: August 09, 2019, 12:17:12 PM »
Economies shrinking in other countries too....but of course the idiot Moby blames our shrinking economy on Bregsit,which hasn't even happened yet.

I don't really care about Brexit one way or another, but the uncertainty of it certainly has caused a contraction in the UK's economy.  To deny that is dishonest.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
To love someone means to see him as God intended him. - Fyodor Dostoevksy

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1795 on: August 09, 2019, 12:53:31 PM »
Trench,

These things happened asfirms stcked up SO much to avoid chaos atthe end of March..

Now you ae 'blaming remain / no 'no deal' advocates for the woes the threat of leaving will bring ....? ;)

Best of all - you are confirming what I told you would happen ... Boris' is NOT going to be allowed to bring about a 'no deal' Brexit ..

Silly you, to doubt what the MAJORITY of UK voters think..no deal is so bad, we'ds rather no leave at all..

Looks like I was right about a General Election being called as soon as Mp's return in September with Election date after the 31st Oct Mobers! I predicted correct it seems judging by these latest articles:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49295556

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/no-10-cancels-staff-leave-105814858.html

Online msmob

« Reply #1796 on: August 09, 2019, 04:04:22 PM »
..and you told us that Boris' will tough it out ..delay and only allow an election, after 31st October .. :popcorn:

Unfortunately, for you .. there will be more twists and turns youhaven't told us about - but I have warned of..

You'd be better waiting and seeing ..

The only way the oppostion parties will defeat Boris is if they all pledge tohold a BINDING referendum on any 'deal' , 'no deal' or remaining ..

That is the most democratic option and will certainly shut me up..

'Leavers' / 'no deal' advocates should be working out how the hell they could win such votes ..

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1797 on: August 10, 2019, 02:28:53 AM »
..and you told us that Boris' will tough it out ..delay and only allow an election, after 31st October .. :popcorn:

Unfortunately, for you .. there will be more twists and turns youhaven't told us about - but I have warned of..

You'd be better waiting and seeing ..

The only way the oppostion parties will defeat Boris is if they all pledge tohold a BINDING referendum on any 'deal' , 'no deal' or remaining ..

That is the most democratic option and will certainly shut me up..

'Leavers' / 'no deal' advocates should be working out how the hell they could win such votes ..

The only way opposition parties will defeat Boris will be if the Brexit Party runs candidates against most Tory candidates in a General Election or they all get together in election pacts.

So far it looks like at least Labour will reject an Election pact. Boris has to go for an Election date after the 31st October to stand any hope of the Brexit Party not running. There's no way that no deal can be avoided on the 31st unless Boris & the Tories want it so which they don't :)

As Boris states, Corbyn or anyone else stating otherwise is just a political stunt. I don't actually believe that Corbyn really cares he's aim is just to lay into the Tory leadership with anything.

We've already had the referendum, now everone is fed up and just wants it done. I'm pretty sure in about three weeks we'll get our General Election announcement for an election after the 31st and hopefully the Brexit Party won't run full out in it and we'll shutyiu up for good Mobers :D

Online msmob

« Reply #1798 on: August 10, 2019, 08:02:10 AM »
The only way opposition parties will defeat Boris will be if the Brexit Party runs candidates against most Tory candidates in a General Election or they all get together in election pacts.

So far it looks like at least Labour will reject an Election pact. Boris has to go for an Election date after the 31st October to stand any hope of the Brexit Party not running. There's no way that no deal can be avoided on the 31st unless Boris & the Tories want it so which they don't :)

As Boris states, Corbyn or anyone else stating otherwise is just a political stunt. I don't actually believe that Corbyn really cares he's aim is just to lay into the Tory leadership with anything.

We've already had the referendum, now everone is fed up and just wants it done. I'm pretty sure in about three weeks we'll get our General Election announcement for an election after the 31st and hopefully the Brexit Party won't run full out in it and we'll shutyiu up for good Mobers :D

Lots of hot air ...and daftness..

Boris cannot deliver 'a no deal' Brexit ... It doesn't matter wo calls an election.. the brexitprty.com do not trust Boris, either ;)

Labour  remainers / those against a no deal exit are FAR more likely to vote for a  party representing an electoral pact ..

All that remains now is

1/ waiting for the big lie that will b the last roll of the dice

2/ Trench to admit the very reason he voted 'leave' in June 2016 was based on his not appreciating that HE should leave the UK  - based on his criteria of not  supporting those who don't contribute  :rolleyes:

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1799 on: August 10, 2019, 08:45:09 AM »
Lots of hot air ...and daftness..

Boris cannot deliver 'a no deal' Brexit ... It doesn't matter wo calls an election.. the brexitprty.com do not trust Boris, either ;)

Labour  remainers / those against a no deal exit are FAR more likely to vote for a  party representing an electoral pact ..

All that remains now is

1/ waiting for the big lie that will b the last roll of the dice

2/ Trench to admit the very reason he voted 'leave' in June 2016 was based on his not appreciating that HE should leave the UK  - based on his criteria of not  supporting those who don't contribute  :rolleyes:

So your telling me he can't call an election for after the 31st October with Britain leaving under default with No Deal? Funny that seems exactly what he is going to do and can do, lol

I don't wish to contribute to the wrong decisions this country makes such as taking in asylum seekers and women getting free housing just for getting pregnant. Would you like to be putting in loads of work all day with the fruits of your labour going to them while being excluded from free housing yourself for not falling into one of those groups?

And people talk of equality and not discriminating in this country!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 10001
Latest: leonardbones
New This Month: 8
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 498313
Total Topics: 19549
Most Online Today: 7041
Most Online Ever: 12701