It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 174369 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1900 on: August 28, 2019, 09:00:19 AM »
Hello Trench,

Yup, just heard the news - as I was filling in last minute PPI claims for my dear Ma in peace and quiet

Helped other relatives get £10K, so far ..

Apart from the obvious " So much for you're " He'll call a General Election"  this is not a shock to me ..

I have patiently explained how Boris is snookered in Parliament and scared of either Parliamentary or People's votes

As ever, I remain extremely optimistic of a different outcome from that you expect ;)

LOT's of twists and turns ... to come ..

Think it's popular ?   Wait and see how many folk sign:

http://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/269157

When I signed it was on 350K and it's over 400K by the times you'll see it ..

We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online msmob

« Reply #1901 on: August 28, 2019, 09:10:31 AM »
Ooops, Trench

Looks like N.Ireland will scupper Boris..

"Boris' attempt to suspend Parliament can be undone, by Northern Ireland ...

"The ability to prorogue Parliament may be limited by provisions in the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation) Act 2019, which requires the government to make regular statements on the progress of talks to reinstate the Northern Ireland executive, and Parliament to be recalled if it is not sitting when the reports are due."

http://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/proroguing-parliament
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 09:22:12 AM by msmob »
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1902 on: August 28, 2019, 09:20:22 AM »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.

Online msmob

« Reply #1903 on: August 28, 2019, 09:23:14 AM »
Beel,

Bolding your links that show the same news Trench had already posted earlier ... is their a point ? ;)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1904 on: August 28, 2019, 09:50:27 AM »
Beel,

Bolding your links that show the same news Trench had already posted earlier ... is their there a point ? ;)

I posted it at the other place first. Then I came over and posted it here.
I didn't realize that Trenchy scooped me.

From Dictionary.com
Their, There, And Theyíre: Do You Know The Difference?

Their has the word heir in it, which can act as a reminder that the
term indicates possession.

There has the word here in it. There is the choice when talking about
places, whether figurative or literal.

They're has an apostrophe, which means it's the product of two words:
they are.

http://www.dictionary.com/e/their-there-theyre/
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1905 on: August 28, 2019, 09:51:42 AM »
Ooops, Trench

Looks like N.Ireland will scupper Boris..

"Boris' attempt to suspend Parliament can be undone, by Northern Ireland ...

"The ability to prorogue Parliament may be limited by provisions in the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation) Act 2019, which requires the government to make regular statements on the progress of talks to reinstate the Northern Ireland executive, and Parliament to be recalled if it is not sitting when the reports are due."

http://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/proroguing-parliament

Means that they can just talk about NI matters then they go away again. With the party conference season and a few days in between there will be a chance for the reports to be made. Depends when of course the reports are due but I can't see any reason that it should get in the way of the temporary suspension of Parliament for a few days, pretty sure the gov would have looked into that ;)

Sorry Mobe you NI lot aren't as important as you think you are :)
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1906 on: August 28, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
Means that they can just talk about NI matters then they go away again.

Silly boy .. wait and learn ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1907 on: August 28, 2019, 10:46:34 AM »
Hello Trench,

Yup, just heard the news - as I was filling in last minute PPI claims for my dear Ma in peace and quiet

Helped other relatives get £10K, so far ..

Apart from the obvious " So much for you're " He'll call a General Election"  this is not a shock to me ..

I have patiently explained how Boris is snookered in Parliament and scared of either Parliamentary or People's votes

As ever, I remain extremely optimistic of a different outcome from that you expect ;)

LOT's of twists and turns ... to come ..

Think it's popular ?   Wait and see how many folk sign:

http://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/269157

When I signed it was on 350K and it's over 400K by the times you'll see it ..

Boris is just playing the suspend Parliament in front of the General Election ball. Admittedly it's to make it look like Parliament had the time to debate, act, etc so it looks better for a General Election. However something needed to be done to stop Remoaners for undemocraticly trying to revert the given mandate for Brexit.

It's great to see so many Remoaners upset by it, they know that the writing is on the wall for them and there is nothing effective they can do about it :D

Online msmob

« Reply #1908 on: August 28, 2019, 11:01:51 AM »

It's great to see so many Remoaners upset by it, they know that the writing is on the wall for them and there is nothing effective they can do about it :D

You are plain 'tick, Trench..

It is the last throw of the dice of a desperate gambler and now he's going to lose the only Tory to win win seats for the party at the last GE ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49502861

Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson 'on verge of quitting'

She was a remaiern - but supported the govt .. until now ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1909 on: August 28, 2019, 11:19:36 AM »
You are plain 'tick, Trench..

It is the last throw of the dice of a desperate gambler and now he's going to lose the only Tory to win win seats for the party at the last GE ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49502861

Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson 'on verge of quitting'

She was a remaiern - but supported the govt .. until now ..

She's kind of always reminded me of a rhino. Anyway she's Remoan so will be good to see her go. Again this could be a good chance to oust Remoaners out of the Tory Party before a General Election which will give Boris a more cohesive party afterwards.

If the Tory MP for Deal & Dover gets found guilty of sex offences when his trial starts on the 5th or 6th Sept then a later General Election will mean he is not running for them.

Remoaners are up in arms over this procedurap suspension of Parliament and are in disarray over what to do. Looks like No Deal Brexit is in the bag ;D

Online jone

« Reply #1910 on: August 28, 2019, 12:03:13 PM »
Once again, correct me where I am wrong:

It appears that Johnson, in calling for a longer recess, only limited debate on Brexit.  Labour can still call a vote of confidence which, now, Johnson may lose.   But even if he loses, he states that he will remain in power, without a caretaker government, forcing a no-deal Brexit by not calling a general election until well after the Brexit deadline.

It also appears that Corbyn was also unable to come up with enough votes to form a caretaker government.

As I understand things, the opposition is caught by if pursuing a vote of confidence no deal Brexit occurs.  And if it doesn't call for a vote, then Johnson may bring forth a piece of legislation shortly before the NDBrexit deadline which would help the UK to more favorable Brexit terms (whatever that means).   

Understand, I am just trying to review what has actually happened.   I am not trying to opine.  Usually at this time, I get insults from the remainer on this forum.  Instead please, if I am wrong, explain to me where I am wrong and what other options are open to the opposition. 

Aside from signing a petition, which, in theory, a great number of people would support, what else is there to be done?

(All of this 'watch and learn' stuff is simply unhelpful in trying to understand things.)
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1911 on: August 28, 2019, 12:35:00 PM »
Once again, correct me where I am wrong:

It appears that Johnson, in calling for a longer recess, only limited debate on Brexit.  Labour can still call a vote of confidence which, now, Johnson may lose.   But even if he loses, he states that he will remain in power, without a caretaker government, forcing a no-deal Brexit by not calling a general election until well after the Brexit deadline.

It also appears that Corbyn was also unable to come up with enough votes to form a caretaker government.

As I understand things, the opposition is caught by if pursuing a vote of confidence no deal Brexit occurs.  And if it doesn't call for a vote, then Johnson may bring forth a piece of legislation shortly before the NDBrexit deadline which would help the UK to more favorable Brexit terms (whatever that means).   

Understand, I am just trying to review what has actually happened.   I am not trying to opine.  Usually at this time, I get insults from the remainer on this forum.  Instead please, if I am wrong, explain to me where I am wrong and what other options are open to the opposition. 

Aside from signing a petition, which, in theory, a great number of people would support, what else is there to be done?

(All of this 'watch and learn' stuff is simply unhelpful in trying to understand things.)

All right Jone, but I don't think Boris will be bringing forward any legislation, he hasn't got the majority for it. Either that or it would have to be such a stunner of a legislation/deal with the EU that the whole Parliament would go glad handing him with the success of it all. Basically it's a running down the clock move to get us to No Deal Brexit :) Any talk from Boris of coming to a deal with the EU or legislation that he talks of is just a temporary measure to placate the Remoaners, he doesn't intend to do any legislation or deal. He really has no choice to do it in such a manner to avoid paralysis in Parliament.

Online jone

« Reply #1912 on: August 28, 2019, 01:36:46 PM »
Interesting:   Odds for a No Deal Brexit are now at 50/50 per a number of odds makers in the UK.    In addition, the odds now favor Boris as being the shortest serving PM, ever!   It tells me that the oddsmakers now favor some kind of Brexit by a great majority.   But they also think Boris is going to pay for taking the UK out of the Union by his party losing a general election - and the odds of a General Election before the end of the year stand at 62%!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1913 on: August 28, 2019, 01:56:38 PM »
Interesting:   Odds for a No Deal Brexit are now at 50/50 per a number of odds makers in the UK.    In addition, the odds now favor Boris as being the shortest serving PM, ever!   It tells me that the oddsmakers now favor some kind of Brexit by a great majority.   But they also think Boris is going to pay for taking the UK out of the Union by his party losing a general election - and the odds of a General Election before the end of the year stand at 62%!

Now that will upset Moby :D

Fantastic day earlier, listening to all the Remoaners on TV freshly Remoaning away with all their grips, lol.

I would say the odds of a General Election before the end of the year are higher than 62% though. If it gets to a by-election of the Dover & Deal seat I mentioned earlier then Boris would be -1 so in a Minority after counting the DUP and Remain Tory MP's in which case Corbyn is almost certain to win a vote of no confidence. They can't agree on a caretaker government so it would have to go to a General Election.

The game will soon be up for Moby and all of the Remoaners :)

Online jone

« Reply #1914 on: August 28, 2019, 03:01:16 PM »
I'm wondering if that offer of a bet still remains open.   Especially seeing how ruthless Boris is in pursuing, what now appears to be, a No Deal Brexit. 

At the risk of using an American football idiom, Corbyn only appears to have one shot and it is a 'Hail Mary'.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1915 on: August 28, 2019, 03:12:48 PM »
I'm wondering if that offer of a bet still remains open.   Especially seeing how ruthless Boris is in pursuing, what now appears to be, a No Deal Brexit. 

At the risk of using an American football idiom, Corbyn only appears to have one shot and it is a 'Hail Mary'.

I think that's the case Jone, it's going to be difficult for Corbyn to do much, it's basically Boris calling the shots up until Brexit date on the 31st Oct.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #1916 on: August 28, 2019, 11:33:39 PM »

The odds of a no-deal Brexit happening are 2.1 (11/10) and NOT happening are odds-on; 1.75 or 3/4. Those odds have stood still for weeks and Trench has the option to still pay whatever he wants and get more than double back any time he wants (in his mind) by the end of October.

Trench is watching this and analysing play-by-play. He DOESN'T understand the cards that are being unfolded in front of him. There is a bigger picture being played out.

Why hasn't he put all of his savings on there being a no-deal Brexit? Double your money easily and with certainty, apparently. Sounds like a great investment opportunity

Trench, why haven't you? All mouth, no trousers.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1917 on: August 29, 2019, 01:32:15 AM »

The odds of a no-deal Brexit happening are 2.1 (11/10) and NOT happening are odds-on; 1.75 or 3/4. Those odds have stood still for weeks and Trench has the option to still pay whatever he wants and get more than double back any time he wants (in his mind) by the end of October.

Trench is watching this and analysing play-by-play. He DOESN'T understand the cards that are being unfolded in front of him. There is a bigger picture being played out.

Why hasn't he put all of his savings on there being a no-deal Brexit? Double your money easily and with certainty, apparently. Sounds like a great investment opportunity

Trench, why haven't you? All mouth, no trousers.

I've looked at Ladbrokes but didn't find any bets where I could double my money on a No Deal Brexit. To me it looked the return was so low that there wasn't much point putting money on it as I wouldn't make any real money to make it worthwhile.

The EU refuse to budge and have put in the backstop to sabotage a deal. The UK as a result can't possibly accept the backstop. So we are on course for a No Deal Brexit.

Online msmob

« Reply #1918 on: August 29, 2019, 02:47:02 AM »
THIS  poster remains optimistic that Trench is not going to like the blow-back from Boris' attempt to stop our elected representatives ..representing us ..;)

There will NOT be a no deal exit on Oct 31 st

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #1919 on: August 29, 2019, 03:38:47 AM »
I've looked at Ladbrokes but didn't find any bets where I could double my money on a No Deal Brexit. To me it looked the return was so low that there wasn't much point putting money on it as I wouldn't make any real money to make it worthwhile.

The EU refuse to budge and have put in the backstop to sabotage a deal. The UK as a result can't possibly accept the backstop. So we are on course for a No Deal Brexit.

You can more than double your money at PaddyPower, Betfair or Betfred to name just a few. It isn't hard to find:

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/brexit/no-deal-brexit?selectionName=yes-uk-leave-the-eu-in-2019-without-withdrawal-agreement-in-place

Another paltry excuse why you haven't and won't put your money where your mouth is.

Online msmob

« Reply #1920 on: August 29, 2019, 07:08:53 AM »

A Scottish court is considering a legal attempt to block the suspension of the UK parliament.

Trench,

As I did tell you - Boris wasn't trusted and a case in Scotland was scheduled to stop any attempt to suspend Parliament ( knowing it might be attempted )  ... This will be but one of many methods to stop Brois facing votes ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49509712

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1921 on: August 29, 2019, 07:40:19 AM »
 :wallbash:

A Scottish court is considering a legal attempt to block the suspension of the UK parliament.

Trench,

As I did tell you - Boris wasn't trusted and a case in Scotland was scheduled to stop any attempt to suspend Parliament ( knowing it might be attempted )  ... This will be but one of many methods to stop Brois facing votes ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49509712

There wasting there time, it's a perfectly usual move when we have a new PM to have a Queens speach outlying the new policies and direction of the new PM/Government. Whenever a Queens speech is announce Parliament is shut for a few days and that is what we have here. It just so happens that it runs into Party conference season and of course it would be unfair to have Parliament not on recess while MP's are away at conference.

I see the rhino Ruth Davidson has resigned :) Good ridence to her, another Remoaner out of the way!

Online msmob

« Reply #1922 on: August 29, 2019, 10:03:19 AM »
Trench,

1/ If the govt lose or those taking out the case  win an injunction.. Parliament cannot be suspended

2/ Ruth Davidson was indeed a remainer but supported Mrs May's leave policy 

With every post you prove more clueless

Lots more news to come

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1923 on: August 29, 2019, 10:39:49 AM »
Trench,

1/ If the govt lose or those taking out the case  win an injunction.. Parliament cannot be suspended

2/ Ruth Davidson was indeed a remainer but supported Mrs May's leave policy 

With every post you prove more clueless

Lots more news to come

Unlikely that they will lose the case as it's standard Parliamentary proceedure.

If they did then Boris's default will then be a General Election, he will have no other choice, either way Remoaners lose :)

Carry on dreaming Mobers!

Online msmob

« Reply #1924 on: August 29, 2019, 10:45:24 AM »
Unlikely that they will lose the case as it's standard Parliamentary proceedure.

If they did then Boris's default will then be a General Election, he will have no other choice, either way Remoaners lose :)

Carry on dreaming Mobers!

Trench,

Especially after his stunt is trying to stop Parliamentary discussion you seem immune to the reaction :

BAD

I certainly hope there'll be a VoNC and an election

I see the outcome as somewhat different

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 10017
Latest: OpticoSi
New This Month: 6
New This Week: 5
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 502780
Total Topics: 19613
Most Online Today: 1959
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 32
Guests: 1893
Total: 1925

+-Recent Posts

Re: Crimea border closed by msmob
Today at 10:25:25 AM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by msmob
Today at 10:22:30 AM

Re: If China is Really Responsible...... by Faux Pas
Today at 09:13:52 AM

Re: If China is Really Responsible...... by jone
Today at 08:43:28 AM

Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by 2tallbill
Today at 08:39:05 AM

China is Really Responsible...... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:04:13 AM

Re: If China is Really Responsible...... by BillyB
Today at 07:54:27 AM

Re: If China is Really Responsible...... by fathertime
Today at 07:50:08 AM

Re: If China is Really Responsible...... by fathertime
Today at 07:44:38 AM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by BillyB
Today at 07:44:36 AM