It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 100560 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #2150 on: September 13, 2019, 02:36:29 AM »
Jone,

Your generalisations and somewhat wide of the mark assessments just keep coming without any coherent analysis...

Trench and you keep placing 'leave' voting anti no deal folk 'in' with 'remain'....

There are but a few Tories left who are remain or even no to 'no deal' left as sitting MPs thanks to your loose cannon.

The issue now is closet 'leave' Corbyn ..trying to carry remain and leave support....like that will work ...

He is the danger to the UK leaving ...not Boris or Farage..

The latter are 'leave' ..with no deal the preferred option...only one of 'em is honest enough to admit it...and he wanted a second referendum and a deal not so long ago..as 'UKIP'..

Politicians change their stances....the electorate have, too... But 'we' are not allowed to demonstrate same.

Until Corbyn is defeated  / wakes up.. I fear a GE as it will not solve anything...

Only a vote on THE issue will do that, as no party..other than UKIP or thebrexitparty.com are single-issue / agree on their stance.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:55:48 AM by msmob »
No to Brexit, Yes to a People's Vote on Brexit, THEN a General Election

Online jone

« Reply #2151 on: September 13, 2019, 03:38:00 AM »
Jone,

Your generalisations and somewhat wife of the mark assessments just keep coming without any coherent analysis...

I wasn't addressing you or your 'wife'.   One of these days you should actually read what you write.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online msmob

« Reply #2152 on: September 13, 2019, 03:58:55 AM »
I wasn't addressing you or your 'wife'.   One of these days you should actually read what you write.

Dear Jone,

I edited my typo and thank you for pointing it out ..  It is assuredly a Freudian slip  ..

However, your suggestion that *I* "should actually read what write" had me in stitches given the irony that whooshes over your head ... / veracity of your assessments and predictions .

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 04:00:26 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2153 on: September 13, 2019, 09:58:17 AM »

'We' ?

Who are 'we' - a bunch of clueless folk who have NO idea what they'd encounter, but wish it - because they'll be 'free' ;)  :deadhorse:

Once again Daft post = Trench ...  Check up on Norway .. Statoil ..

Norway is an EEA member ... but doesn't set the EU rules.. but abides BY them... 

You DO realise, that possibly two Oil refineries would close , so we'd be back to relying even MORE on foreigners?

Do TRY to understand things before posting and proving you don't ..

The home market is more than large enough to support two oil refineries Mobe, we have one of the largest automobile usage in the whole of Europe. Germany exports many of their cars to us and is a big issue for them which proves what a big automobile market we have.

Any tarrifs on importing oil to the EU mean that that oil companies would no longer make more money selling their north sea oil in Europe but instead would have to sell it here. It means they make less profit, we get cheaper oil :)

In fact theis is the funny thing, the Green Party is pro EU, pro Remain but its actually more sustainable for the environment having tarriffs as raw materials & goods are sourced and made locally for the market of the country they are found in/made in and so are not shipped far longer distances causing more damage to the environment through C02 transportation emmissions, etc. So if the Green Party really were 'Green' as they say they are they should be backing a No Deal Brexit ;)

Freedom of Movement too consists of more C02 emmissions through more people movement, the more people move around the more that creates even more people movement and relatives & friends travel much  longer distances to see each other. If you think of it the EU is a big enviromental disaster really.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:02:27 AM by Trenchcoat »
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2154 on: September 13, 2019, 10:44:16 AM »
 :ROFL:

Trench has run out of reasons to leave ..

1/ leaving will be 'greener'..  you might have a point ..swing there will be less jobs ..but then folks might have to travel further to earn money.

2/ 'the UK can cope if we lose one third of refining capability'...

Trench..oil is refined into lots of other things..not just petrol /diesel, kerosine, Avgas..

Please inform us how 'UK PLC' will compete when paying import duty on product we do not refine and we will suffer a 4.7  percent export duty making us uncompetitive.

As ever, you read something on the net and thought you knew...

Yellowhammer makes for scary reading and you WANT the chaos?

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2155 on: September 14, 2019, 05:21:41 AM »
Well looks like the Lib Dems are now showing their true colours:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49698800

The fact that they are even considering scrapping Brexit now without a second referendum is anti democratic to say the least. It also tells us that the Lib Dem leader doesn't wish to risk losing again in another referendum. The woman is a total silly mare and will hopefully drive people away from voting for them.

What about you Mobers, you're always arguing for a second referendum, do you still support the Lib Dems after this stunt?

Online msmob

« Reply #2156 on: September 14, 2019, 10:55:51 AM »
I think it would quite wrong to disenfranchise any 'side' by excluding their choice.

The People's Vote should have LEAVE..with a deal..

LEAVE, no deal, REMAIN...and the result binding..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2157 on: September 14, 2019, 02:23:31 PM »
I think it would quite wrong to disenfranchise any 'side' by excluding their choice.

The People's Vote should have LEAVE..with a deal..

LEAVE, no deal, REMAIN...and the result binding..

So if the Lib Dems vote on adopting the position of remain without a second referendum you will be against voting for them? Sound like you may have to turncoat again to another party Mobe ;D Could be you end up voting for you're old pal Corbyn, lol, or maybe you're Change UK?

Problem you have with all those choices on the ballot paper at the same time or even in separate ballots is that whatever way you cut it the losing parties are going to argue that it should have been done another way. It's why I think Theresa May was at least right in seeing the folly of a second referendum in that it would only end up being a bigger ditch to dig oneself into on the whole Brexit situation.

Online msmob

« Reply #2158 on: September 14, 2019, 07:49:16 PM »
Trench,

Are you bored?

Diverting from yet another defection from a 'sacked' Tory to the Lib Dems? )

Perhaps Cameron's torpedoes from Boris and Michael Gove...?

Let's wait to see what happens on Tuesday?

Online jone

« Reply #2159 on: September 14, 2019, 09:29:03 PM »
I've been out for a couple of days.   What happened in the court case in Belfast?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2160 on: September 15, 2019, 01:00:58 AM »
Trench,

Are you bored?

Diverting from yet another defection from a 'sacked' Tory to the Lib Dems? )

Perhaps Cameron's torpedoes from Boris and Michael Gove...?

Let's wait to see what happens on Tuesday?

Ah, I see you ducked my questions no doubt difficult for you, perhaps what 2tallbill calls your Moby swerve lol.

I tell you one thing though it's a gift for Corbyn. Already the Lib Dem Leader is showing her inexperience and nievity that make her more of a Lib Dum and a liability to her party. Expect Corbyn to take full advantage by shuffling over onto a position for a second referendum. He is aware it will be to his party's advantage to make their position more clearer. He will no doubt make clear he wants a General Election and then will hold a second referendum. Corbyn is a cunning old boy and the Lib Dem leader has made her first mistake. By offering up yet another alternative - to remain in the EU without a second referendum - she is threatening to open up a division in her party where before there was none. She think she is being clever but in fact she is both introducing a divisive division she needn't have done and we know how they go and she is moving off the firm territory she was on allowing Labour to shuffle on over onto it.

She's also introduced another division as a whole in the wider debate that will split the Remain faction still further. This will both weaken and confuse Remainers. Even by voicing and tabling the vote to her part she has messed up. If she loses age looks weak, if she wins the above happens. Either way she has released the genie and it's unlikely even if she loses that this new division will not open up with Remainers now that she has brought it to national prominence.

As far as Boris etc is concerned, Cameron is bitter that he got defeated, looked a fool and had to give up his premiership. He expected Leave to lose heavily and Boris to look the fool but instead the opposite happened. In no way was it a career move for Boris, quite the opposite. Remain were ahead in the polls and he looked set to lose. Most Tories at the time backed Remain not because they believed in it but for their careers. Leave were seen as against the established government position and foolhardy to back. If Leave had list as was expected at the time then Boris would look a loose cannon and someone willing to gamble away their political career. He would have been discredited and as such would have been passed over for any position in the cabinet or as a viable leadership challenger. It's fair to say Cameron had been quiet all this time about the matter as he's felt embarrassed that he lost and only now feels that he may be able to recover some face by attacking Boris.

Online msmob

« Reply #2161 on: September 15, 2019, 03:19:35 AM »
Ah, I see you ducked my questions no doubt difficult for you, perhaps what 2tallbill calls your Moby swerve lol.

Never the most observant

1/ JG coined that phrase elsewhere and it applies to him...not I...He passed over the chance to 'bust' me as to his true ID..and has been quiet..)

2/ Beel? You note he has gone silent re granting me permission to quote him from elsewhere))! (I have no problem with that...I expected Beel to duck, as he knows I would make stuff up!)...Again, you see who is 'ducking'

3/  I did not duck your Q.. I said, "wait until Tuesday"..

Boris is STILL saying he will ignore Parliament and the law as it stands...

Tuesday, will tell us if he can maintain that stance.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2162 on: September 15, 2019, 08:32:54 AM »
Never the most observant

1/ JG coined that phrase elsewhere and it applies to him...not I...He passed over the chance to 'bust' me as to his true ID..and has been quiet..)

2/ Beel? You note he has gone silent re granting me permission to quote him from elsewhere))! (I have no problem with that...I expected Beel to duck, as he knows I would make stuff up!)...Again, you see who is 'ducking'

3/  I did not duck your Q.. I said, "wait until Tuesday"..

Boris is STILL saying he will ignore Parliament and the law as it stands...

Tuesday, will tell us if he can maintain that stance.

LOL  :ROFL: Those idiots have only just gone off and voted to cancel Brexit without a second referendum, Muppets they've just made a fundamental error and scuppered their electability:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics

If JC choses to he may well move onto the holding a second referendum ground vacated by the Lib Dums.

So where will you be off to now Mobers? Change UK perhaps? Or maybe you will end up doing a complete 360 and end up becoming a Corbynista ;D

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2163 on: September 15, 2019, 10:24:42 AM »
I see we are still waiting to hear from our political refugee here :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2164 on: September 15, 2019, 01:21:14 PM »
Trench, I strongly suggest you re-read my post re the LD's and their 'no Brexit' stance..

You clearly missed the proviso that they have an outright majority)

Otherwise it's a People's Vote...

Now, here's a tip...

Remember, the Judges were called the 'Enemies of the People'?

I will stick my neck out and guess the Supreme Court will back the Court of Sessions on Tuesday...

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2165 on: September 15, 2019, 06:07:12 PM »
Trench, I strongly suggest you re-read my post re the LD's and their 'no Brexit' stance..

You clearly missed the proviso that they have an outright majority)

Otherwise it's a People's Vote...

Now, here's a tip...

Remember, the Judges were called the 'Enemies of the People'?

I will stick my neck out and guess the Supreme Court will back the Court of Sessions on Tuesday...

Backtracking already hey Mobe.

So tell me in a forthcoming General Election, who will you be voting for?

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2166 on: September 15, 2019, 06:37:59 PM »
Meanwhile Boris & the Tories is storming ahead in the polls.

So tell me again what the outcome of a General Election is likely to be Mobe? A hung Parliament were you saying???

Online msmob

« Reply #2167 on: September 16, 2019, 03:51:38 AM »
Backtracking already hey Mobe.

So tell me in a forthcoming General Election, who will you be voting for?

There you go Trench...So you CANNOT read!

I will vote LD and hope for they do not win a clear majority .

I WANT a binding referendum...so you cannot moan, after..about non democratic

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2168 on: September 16, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
There you go Trench...So you CANNOT read!

I will vote LD and hope for they do not win a clear majority .

I WANT a binding referendum...so you cannot moan, after..about non democratic

Problem for you now Mobers is the Lib Dems don't no longer want that, they wish to undemocraticly impose Remain upon us. Furthermore today the Lib Dem leader ruled out working with Labour or the Tories after a General Election in a hung Parliament situation. Hence your hope that the Lib Dems won't get enough seats to firm a majority government so they have to compromise and go for a second referendum lies in tatters.

Given that the Lib Dems have previously said they wanted a second referendum then we find out now that they in truth don't I think you can say they have lied to us all, lib dem supporter or not. Looks to me that they haven't changed since Nick Clegg stabbed their supporters in the back, namely the students by backing a rise in tuition fees. They are showing us they once again can't be trusted.

Looks to me like you need to be onwards in your political journey Mobers. Find a party that suits you more, don't you think?

Online msmob

« Reply #2169 on: September 16, 2019, 11:31:31 PM »
Problem for you now Mobers is the Lib Dems don't no longer want that, they wish to undemocraticly impose Remain upon us. Furthermore today the Lib Dem leader ruled out working with Labour or the Tories after a General Election in a hung Parliament situation. Hence your hope that the Lib Dems won't get enough seats to firm a majority government so they have to compromise and go for a second referendum lies in tatters.

Given that the Lib Dems have previously said they wanted a second referendum then we find out now that they in truth don't I think you can say they have lied to us all, lib dem supporter or not. Looks to me that they haven't changed since Nick Clegg stabbed their supporters in the back, namely the students by backing a rise in tuition fees. They are showing us they once again can't be trusted.

Looks to me like you need to be onwards in your political journey Mobers. Find a party that suits you more, don't you think?

Trench,

IF the LDs a won a clear majority they'd have a mandate, right ? Why is this too hard for you to grasp ?

Frankly, I don't think they would, so they'd be back to supporting a People's Vote.

I have no idea if Swinson's tactic is correct..  but there is no doubting REMAIN has one party to unite behind ... 'leave'?... There's three ;)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2170 on: September 17, 2019, 01:27:09 AM »

Trench,

IF the LDs a won a clear majority they'd have a mandate, right ? Why is this too hard for you to grasp ?

Frankly, I don't think they would, so they'd be back to supporting a People's Vote.

I have no idea if Swinson's tactic is correct..  but there is no doubting REMAIN has one party to unite behind ... 'leave'?... There's three ;)

What about your Change UK? or the Greens, or the SNP, Plaid Cymru, or Labour. I can tell you now that the Lib Dems are very unlikely to overcome enough Labour votes to gain enough seats to form a majority government. The Lib Dems having any part in government after a General Election is just pie in the sky thinking.

It's all academic thinking anyway, Boris will take us out of the EU first on the 31st October. There will then be a General Election in which Boris gains a majority as the polls are already predicting. It's game over for you Remoaners Mobe :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2171 on: September 17, 2019, 02:05:28 AM »
Trench,

What have you told us that came about?

As it stands, Boris has to ask for an extension...if the EU grant it.

He is constrained by law

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2172 on: September 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM »
Trench,

What have you told us that came about?

As it stands, Boris has to ask for an extension...if the EU grant it.

He is constrained by law

Boris isn't going to ask for an extension he has already told us that! :)

A General Election would have come about had the opposition not acted so cowardly. They had there chance to have a General Election, get in government and take control, but they turned it down.

Get ready for Brexit on the 31st adverts are now out in TV Mobers, make sure you're ready for it :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2173 on: September 17, 2019, 03:41:07 PM »
Trench,

When have you been right about anything re Brexit or dating?

My stance remains the same..not matter what Boris says...

A former Supreme Court Judge stated he cannot see how Boris can circumvent the Benn( no deal Brexit) Bill.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2174 on: September 18, 2019, 03:18:37 AM »
Trench,

When have you been right about anything re Brexit or dating?

My stance remains the same..not matter what Boris says...

A former Supreme Court Judge stated he cannot see how Boris can circumvent the Benn( no deal Brexit) Bill.

They can't make Boris ask for an extension Mobe, therefore Boris will do nothing and timeout :) That clock is ticking Mobe, another day down today, just six weeks to go now.Ready that Oirish passport of yours Mobers you're going to need it for checking at the NI border :D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9973
Latest: Charlie_M
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 490923
Total Topics: 19416
Most Online Today: 1322
Most Online Ever: 2480