It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 204020 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #2525 on: November 27, 2019, 04:29:59 AM »
Trench,

The Tories will not win an overall majority and new voters are more likely to vote Green..

What you seek and what will happen - are - as usual not going to please you - or me ;)

I don't know, even if Boris did fall a few short I reckon there is a fair chance he could still get the EU Deal through. He would only need a handful of Labour MP's to back him. Other than any Labour Leave rebels that may be remaining there is a chance a few Labour moderates may come across in supporting it. Remember many Labour MP's are in Leave supporting constitutencies and many may want an end to the whole saga. JC may be a bit harder to bring across if at all but that is more owing to his position as leader of the Labour Party than anything else.

I think the deal has the potential to work now. By being able to strike trade deals with bothe the US and the EU as well as other countries would mean we don't become dominated by one or the other, economically or foreign policy wise.

We also will have £9bn extra each year :)

On top of that our currency is almost certain to climb back up so we'll be good again there when going abroad as well.

Time to get on board Mobers, save a bit of face on it all ;)
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2526 on: November 27, 2019, 09:54:18 AM »
Your first words, "I don't know", were the only cognoscente words of the whole post)

We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2527 on: November 27, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »
Your first words, "I don't know", were the only cognoscente words of the whole post)

Mobe, you realise you are going to lose most of your hardline Remain MP's whatever the result of the General Election. Oliver Letwin has stood down so he won't be interfering anymore. Pretty much all of the other Tory Remoaners will be gone or have already stepped down. Anna Soubry & her ChangeUK party will most likely be gone, Ken Clarke gone, Remain leadership challengers gone, Nick Boles gone, Philip Hammond gone, etc, etc. Even on the Labour side Remoaners are at risk of losing their seats, Yvette Cooper, etc.

Dominic Grieve might keep his seat if he is lucky but he will be one of the few if not the only one.

Any new Remoan MP's that might come in will be new and unaccustomed to taking the lead in a high profile in Parliament and may lack support as such. That's assuming there are any as extreme as the Remain MP's that are departing.

In addition Remoaners won't have the House Speaker to help bat for them anymore either.

It's looking that even on a not great Election outcome for Boris if it goes that way he will likely still be in a better position in general than he was in before :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2528 on: November 27, 2019, 03:51:21 PM »
Trench,

Instead of telling me your 'estimations' of "how it will be" ..why don't you realise your track record re 'brexit' predictions has been abysmal?

The fact that Tory remainers have left the party simply proves how stupid Boris has been
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2529 on: November 27, 2019, 06:21:22 PM »
Trench,

Instead of telling me your 'estimations' of "how it will be" ..why don't you realise your track record re 'brexit' predictions has been abysmal?

The fact that Tory remainers have left the party simply proves how stupid Boris has been

Not stupid at all, he has rid himself of Remoaners that would have enjoyed being a constant irritation in his side. MP's such as Oliver Letwin know that in a Leave voting constitutency and without being able to run as a Tory MP they stand no chance of keeping their seat in the forthcoming General Election thus why he isn't bothering to stand again to save himself from the humiliation and damning verdict of the electorate. A lot of those have gone against the democratic mandate of the 2016 Referendum and now don't wish to face the vote of the people.

Also, the Governor of the Bank of England leaves the 31st January 2020, another Remoaner out of the way :D

One by one the influence Remoaners once weilded is falling one by one :)

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2530 on: November 27, 2019, 07:25:46 PM »
The Oirish troll loves a poll...so here's the latest for him.

YouGov predicts that if the election were held today the Tories would win 359 seats,which would give Boris a working majority of 68...the Tories largest in over three decades.
Just saying it like it is.

Online msmob

« Reply #2531 on: November 28, 2019, 01:19:31 AM »
Good morning, Trench..

Did you find the photo of Boris from 2013… telling us how we benefit from being in the EU, yet?..

I will not respond to your ramblings until you discuss the accuracy of your previous predictions))

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2532 on: November 28, 2019, 07:01:50 AM »
Good morning, Trench..

Did you find the photo of Boris from 2013… telling us how we benefit from being in the EU, yet?..

I will not respond to your ramblings until you discuss the accuracy of your previous predictions))

Never mind 2013 we're in 2019 now Mobers.

Chelsea Boy is right Boris is likely headed for a majority and it may even be a sizable one.

In the latest BBC tracker poll out today he is up another point on 42 percent, the rest are all the same. So Boris seems to be increasing his lead and is likely at least up to where he needs to be. Odds could well be that this tracker poll could have Boris on less than he may actually get it even is currently on. Voting by post has just opened so votes will be beginning to be cast already with two weeks to go.

Think just two weeks and we should hopefully see a more contrite Mobers on this forum :D

As has been said with all the established Remoaners being ousted that alone makes it easier for Boris to pass his deal. With trouble makers like Oliver Letwin out of the way it will be far easier for Boris to get the EU deal through. It's looking all over for you Remoaners Moby :)

Online jone

« Reply #2533 on: November 28, 2019, 07:03:31 PM »
So, as I understand things, it appears that the Tories are headed for a majority..... and then, Brexit.   Just out of curiosity, what happens to Scotland?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2534 on: November 28, 2019, 11:13:56 PM »
So, as I understand things, it appears that the Tories are headed for a majority..... and then, Brexit.   Just out of curiosity, what happens to Scotland?

Scotland will have to toe the line ;)

As I've tried to tell Mobers before the reason the SNP are so eager to have out of the UK before the UK have our of the EU is that conditions become much more unfavourable to them after the UK leaves the EU. Unfavourable in terms of convincing Scots of sound reasons and benefits of leaving the UK compared with the disadvantages of doing so.

Once the UK leaves the EU if Scotland then got Independant from the UK it would mean a hey would have to apply to be admitted as a member of the EU. A lengthy process and potentially a troubling one.

They would also be subject to possible issues at the border. Until they join the EU they won't even have an agreement about the border or other stuff such as visa issues to the UK.

Then there is the issue of the pound and if they would have access to use of the pound still, or use the Euro that Scots weren't in favour off at the last Independence Referendum.

Then there is the issue that they would get no money from the UK or the EU until they join that and whether North Sea Oil revenue can make it up long term.

Probably other reasons as well. Essentially though the disadvantages of leaving the UK get worse after we leave the EU. Most likely Scots will see that Scottish Independence is then a list cause and not worth all the ordeal and will abandon the SNP and go back to voting Labour in the main.

Online msmob

« Reply #2535 on: November 29, 2019, 01:18:02 AM »
The Tories are the party of 'brexit' and Labour have decided to remain neutral.

Brexit is still not wanted by the majority.

Boris is ducking interviews with the opposition, which should be telling.

Scotland?

If Westminster refuses a referendum, expect one, anyway.

Boris and 'brexit' will make the 'union' and 'UK PLC' ungovernable, bankrupt and an example of little englander folly..

I am relying on the first time voter to ensure that doesn't happen.

Scotland will be hell for a Tory.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2536 on: November 29, 2019, 01:33:00 AM »
The Tories are the party of 'brexit' and Labour have decided to remain neutral.

Brexit is still not wanted by the majority.

Boris is ducking interviews with the opposition, which should be telling.

Scotland?

If Westminster refuses a referendum, expect one, anyway.

Boris and 'brexit' will make the 'union' and 'UK PLC' ungovernable, bankrupt and an example of little englander folly..

I am relying on the first time voter to ensure that doesn't happen.

Scotland will be hell for a Tory.

Scotland can't hold a Referendum without Westminster's consent Mobers, you're out of luck on that one.

After we leave the EU not part of the UK will want to go it alone as they know it would be big problems for no real gain. Scotland, Wales & NI will care more about being cut off from the rest of the UK in terms of easy access than anything else.

I'm going to enjoy watching you eat your humble pie on all of the above Mobers :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2537 on: November 29, 2019, 03:34:54 AM »
Typical Trench,

thinks because the 'English' say 'no' the other parts of the UK must 'obey ' ..))

BOY are you simply not getting the seriousness of a Boris victory - serious in that he'll f'up everything

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2538 on: November 29, 2019, 03:10:42 PM »

What Is the ‘MRP Poll’ and Can It Predict the U.K. Election?
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-27/what-is-the-mrp-poll-and-can-it-predict-the-u-k-election

Boris Johnson Set for 68-Seat Majority According to YouGov Poll
Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party is on track to win its biggest majority in
more than three decades, according to the most hotly anticipated poll of the
general election campaign.

The Tories will win a majority of 68 seats in the Dec. 12 election, according to
a YouGov poll which used a technique that more closely predicted the 2017
election than standard surveys.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson-set-68-seat-235909113.html

Boris Johnson Bets on a Strategy Theresa May Ignored
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/11/britain-election-conservatives-labour-2017/602737/

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 03:33:25 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.

Online msmob

« Reply #2539 on: November 29, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »
..and it starts!

They were predicting a maj of 80 a few days ago, Beel

At this rate there'll be no majority - as I've predicted ..

Please keep posting and ensure 'Trampu' is 'unleashed' to 'advice' the electorate ..;)

Beel has included a photo ...St Barnabas Hall in Dulwich, London  - it voted c.70% to REMAIN ...   Good choice, Beel !

"Trump agrees not to wade into general election while on UK visit after Boris Johnson warns him not to get involved"

Shame...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/29/trump-agrees-not-wade-general-election-uk-visit-boris-johnson/

Still..I'm sure he won't be able to help himself

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 03:47:59 PM by msmob »

Online jone

« Reply #2540 on: November 29, 2019, 04:51:58 PM »
..and it starts!

They were predicting a maj of 80 a few days ago, Beel

At this rate there'll be no majority - as I've predicted ..

Please keep posting and ensure 'Trampu' is 'unleashed' to 'advice' the electorate ..;)

Beel has included a photo ...St Barnabas Hall in Dulwich, London  - it voted c.70% to REMAIN ...   Good choice, Beel !

"Trump agrees not to wade into general election while on UK visit after Boris Johnson warns him not to get involved"

Shame...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/29/trump-agrees-not-wade-general-election-uk-visit-boris-johnson/

Still..I'm sure he won't be able to help himself

Please, humor us and show us the poll whereby 80 was the figure used......
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online msmob

« Reply #2541 on: November 30, 2019, 02:07:01 AM »
Jone,

if your 'English' teacher is still about - they'd be 'so proud' of your comprehension abilities ..

Beel talks of a  '68 seat' majority in his link .

*I* pointed out it was 80 a few days earlier ..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/29/boris-johnsons-predicted-commons-majority-slashed-80-12-week/

It' was down to 12 .. last I checked ..

"Boris Johnson's predicted Commons majority slashed from 80 to 12 in a week, poll of polls reveals"

As ever, when you try to look 'smarter' .. you manage to do the EXACT opposite ..

Do TRY  to keep uup ..

« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 05:12:14 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2542 on: November 30, 2019, 05:11:05 AM »
Typical Trench,

thinks because the 'English' say 'no' the other parts of the UK must 'obey ' ..))

BOY are you simply not getting the seriousness of a Boris victory - serious in that he'll f'up everything

Well latest immigration figures show that Brexit is having a very positive effect on keeping immigration down, particularly EU immigration and we have not even left yet:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-50586338

So already Brexit is working well in helping to take pressure of the housing crises in this country. Still more work to do in getting these figures down further and that should happen after we leave the EU proper and fully take back control of our borders. Looks like one of my predictions is coming true that Brexit will help to reduce the big immigration into this country.

Apparently many East Europeans are returning home already and I think over time the large numbers we have here will fade away helping to return this country to the pleasant land it once was and a country that is more recognisable to us.

Well today I have my postal Election paper, I've put a big X in the Brexit Party box and will happily post it off shortly :D

I'm in a traditionally strong Labour held constitutency where Labour have had a big majority. I would be surprised if they lost the seat as it would mean a swing would be needed. Odds are they will keep the seat but likely with a reduced majority, perhaps much reduced. Then again its also a area that voted Leave in the referendum and a lot of ex-Labour voters like me who are loathed to vote Tory no matter how much we may agree with then on Brexit may like me be happy enough to vote for the Brexit Party. So that may make it an interesting three horse race between Labour, the Tories and the Brexit Party. We shall see.

Online msmob

« Reply #2543 on: November 30, 2019, 05:16:21 AM »
The THREAT of 'brexit' means job vacancies, less tax receipts and UKPLC is less well off, Trench.

If those consequences are  'good' - for you - that speaks volumes for your true 'need' for 'brexit'..

THANK YOU for ensuring your vote will mean a remain winning candidate in your constituency.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2544 on: November 30, 2019, 05:39:13 AM »
The THREAT of 'brexit' means job vacancies, less tax receipts and UKPLC is less well off, Trench.

If those consequences are  'good' - for you - that speaks volumes for your true 'need' for 'brexit'..

THANK YOU for ensuring your vote will mean a remain winning candidate in your constituency.

Yes it will mean myself and my fellow Brits will have access to jobs and job opportunities without them being hogged by Poles.

The PC candidate would have to go some to win this seat. The LIB DEM candidate stood down under their Election pact but instead is standing as an independent lol. The Lib Stood down (in theory only) as he had less votes than the PC candidate so under their pact the PF candidate stands. I don't see either of them getting the seat as both polled way too few votes last time, a couple of thousand or so each. The winning candidate is likely to need at least 8-10 thousand votes minimum or more going towards 15-2o thousand votes to win. So the remain candidates aren't likely to take this one. Though of course we have a new Labour candidate here who isn't sharing whether they are remain or leave.

Online jone

« Reply #2545 on: November 30, 2019, 09:32:01 AM »
Jone,

if your 'English' teacher is still about - they'd be 'so proud' of your comprehension abilities ..

Beel talks of a  '68 seat' majority in his link .

*I* pointed out it was 80 a few days earlier ..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/29/boris-johnsons-predicted-commons-majority-slashed-80-12-week/

It' was down to 12 .. last I checked ..

"Boris Johnson's predicted Commons majority slashed from 80 to 12 in a week, poll of polls reveals"

As ever, when you try to look 'smarter' .. you manage to do the EXACT opposite ..

Do TRY  to keep uup ..

You twist words like they are a wet rag you're wringing water out of.

Bill pointed to a poll.  You inferred that there was a poll out there supporting your numbers.   And that the poll Bill referred to was actually a drop from the poll you knew of. 

When challenged you say now that Boris said .... But you made no mention of a poll.  Because there isn't one.   What a clever little liar you are. 

Online msmob

« Reply #2546 on: December 01, 2019, 12:56:41 AM »
Jone,

Why DO you just keep on proving my point?

There was no 'twisting of words'...just a fail on your part and Beel's contribution was old news.

Your record on UK outcomes is as accurate as 'Trench's'...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2547 on: December 01, 2019, 04:22:55 AM »
.   What a clever little liar you are.
Jone gives himself permission to call you a liar, but boy o boy he became furious when he was called one....which he was of course. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2548 on: December 02, 2019, 04:36:36 AM »
This Election seems to be already over for the Lib Dums, they've fallen to a lowly 14 percent in the latest BBC poll tracker:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49798197

Guess their party leader will have to give up on the hope she had off becoming PM, lol.

The article also has the result of the latest You Gov poll that is predicting a Tory majority with 359 seats. Labour it says may have eaten into this a little in recent days but it looks likely Boris will get a majority.

Looks like the country is coming behind Boris's deal and even a lot of Remainers are coming around and seeing that it's not such a bad situation.

Might be time to give up Mobers ;)

Online msmob

« Reply #2549 on: December 02, 2019, 05:48:16 AM »
Poor 'ol Trench

10 days to go  and you'll be proven wrong - AGAIN

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8927
Latest: andrewbrown1989
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 7
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 509050
Total Topics: 19749
Most Online Today: 1707
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 34
Guests: 1626
Total: 1660

+-Recent Posts

Re: Putin's vote to become a 'Tsar' by BillyB
Today at 10:27:19 AM

Re: Putin's vote to become a 'Tsar' by msmob
Today at 10:11:08 AM

Russian Athletic Federation defaults on fine re doping - 'cannot afford fine' by msmob
Today at 10:09:43 AM

Re: The state of the situation where you are? by BillyB
Today at 08:58:52 AM

Re: Ukraine insurance requirements for travelers. by BillyB
Today at 08:49:13 AM

Re: Best Dating Sites Today for Friend of Friend by Patagonie
Today at 08:45:44 AM

Re: Best Dating Sites Today for Friend of Friend by BillyB
Today at 08:32:30 AM

Re: Operation White Panther by Patagonie
Today at 08:31:15 AM

Re: Best Dating Sites Today for Friend of Friend by ML