It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 234761 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #2700 on: December 20, 2019, 01:01:15 AM »
Beel,

Your 'optimism' ignores fact ...

The UK is (currently)  a member of the world's largest trading club ..The US cannot begin to replace that and you lot are in 'Me first' protectionist mode re trade...  Leaving the EU is NUTS ..

Boris has plans to set Dec 2020 as "we'll leave without a deal" if we cannot agree one with the EU and crashing out is my VERY worst fear ... and I've warned all along that if he was given a majority - he would venture down this path ...

Oh dear looks like our Mobe is mounting a recovery of himself, lol.

There's no saying that a small tariff would harm UK trade, it may just help the government out with their budget deficit. A lot of Remainers associate a lack of free trade with no trade, that's not the case, so long as tariffs are not too high similar amount of trade could still take place. It's a bit like a multi storey car park, people don't stop using it just because there is a small charge in most to park your car there, there's no reason big profit making companies can pay a few quid to trade here, I think they can afford it somehow ;)
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2701 on: December 20, 2019, 01:06:37 AM »
Trench,

A LOT of remainers associate 'leavers' with STUPIDITY and you manage with EVERY post to confirm same ..

HOW is leaving the biggest trading club going to 'improve' our lot  ?

Boris opened his gob about 'time limits' and the GBP lost it's gains ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2702 on: December 20, 2019, 01:11:03 AM »
It is certainly NOT a laughing matter that  the fossils of the UK are forcing the young out of a club and jumping off a cliff.

If the EU and our 'union' (UK) survives...we will rejoin and have less opt outs than now.

All Remainers will be thanking us including any young people when they see how much the EU was taking us for a ride and how much better we are all off outside the EU. Once we are no longer paying in 9bn a month and once freedom of movement has stopped and we stopped getting a mass migration of East Europeans here taking our jobs you will be thanking us and remarking how much better our country and society is :)

Rejoining is my worst nightmare and one I hope will never happen, it was hard enough getting out of the EU let alone the deluded nutters that refuse to believe we could ever do without being in the EU and won't even consider how else this country could be.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2703 on: December 20, 2019, 01:13:16 AM »
Trench,

A LOT of remainers associate 'leavers' with STUPIDITY and you manage with EVERY post to confirm same ..

HOW is leaving the biggest trading club going to 'improve' our lot  ?

Boris opened his gob about 'time limits' and the GBP lost it's gains ..

Boris needed to do that to even stand a chance of getting anything sorted with the EU otherwise the EU would drag out negotiations forever more.

Online msmob

« Reply #2704 on: December 20, 2019, 01:21:51 AM »
All Remainers will be thanking us including any young people when they see how much the EU was taking us for a ride and how much better we are all off outside the EU. Once we are no longer paying in 9bn a month and once freedom of movement has stopped and we stopped getting a mass migration of East Europeans here taking our jobs you will be thanking us and remarking how much better our country and society is :)

Rejoining is my worst nightmare and one I hope will never happen, it was hard enough getting out of the EU let alone the deluded nutters that refuse to believe we could ever do without being in the EU and won't even consider how else this country could be.

Trench

Another STUPID post

The younger voters  - again - voted for parties that sought to remain or a second referendum

Online msmob

« Reply #2705 on: December 20, 2019, 01:23:35 AM »
Boris needed to do that to even stand a chance of getting anything sorted with the EU otherwise the EU would drag out negotiations forever more.

Boris is doing this because his backers seek a weaker GBP ..

NO trade deals have been done in 11 months ....

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2706 on: December 20, 2019, 07:39:02 AM »
The laughing stock of this and the other forum still posting bowlarks I see.

The Oirish blagger will never learn..what a muppet he is : )))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:42:55 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2707 on: December 20, 2019, 07:46:11 AM »
Good news just in Mobers, Boris's Brexit Deal has passed its first vote, 358 in favour, 234 against:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50870939

Brexit is going forward! :D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2708 on: December 20, 2019, 11:21:56 AM »
Beel,

Your 'optimism' ignores fact ...

My optimism comes from the fact that they survived the Vikings,
the Romans and too many others to name and 100% of those
in the EU still want the UK to buy their goods.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.

Online jone

« Reply #2709 on: December 20, 2019, 11:30:25 AM »

Hope my Packers survive the Vikings Monday night.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online msmob

« Reply #2710 on: December 20, 2019, 02:28:25 PM »

Beel. Beel, Beel

'Brexit' will utterly destroy the principle of just in time stock-holding and create mountains of bureaucracy at borders ...   So, the foreign car manufacturers are off

'We' will still want to buy cars  - but will have to pay duty - if we are going to charge it

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2711 on: December 20, 2019, 05:56:15 PM »
Beel. Beel, Beel

'Brexit' will utterly destroy the principle of just in time stock-holding and create mountains of bureaucracy at borders ...   So, the foreign car manufacturers are off

'We' will still want to buy cars  - but will have to pay duty - if we are going to charge it

Moby,

You've stated your opinion of horrors, death, starvation and devastation.
I'm more optimistic. Let's review next year to see who is more correct.

Udachi!

Bill

PS. The USA and Japan both build cars, so you won't have to
walk everywhere.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 05:58:31 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online msmob

« Reply #2712 on: December 20, 2019, 08:53:15 PM »
Beel, agreed

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2713 on: December 21, 2019, 12:17:42 PM »

I was wrong re calling THIS election result and accept that humiliation.

Yep that's what I like to hear :)

Our poor Mobe deflated like a balloon losing air, bbrrrpppth...

Only to start reflating of recent, theeerrp ;D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2714 on: December 21, 2019, 01:09:12 PM »
Hope my Packers survive the Vikings Monday night.

That should be a good game. My cowboys made Cousins look like Joe Montana
and Dalvin Cook looked like Eric Dickerson. 

Cousin is really not that good, especially if you can get pressure on him. Dalvin
Cook is out for the year so not chasing him all over the field is a bid deal.

FSUW don't do vague

Online msmob

« Reply #2715 on: December 21, 2019, 02:08:54 PM »
That should be a good game. My cowboys made Cousins look like Joe Montana
and Dalvin Cook looked like Eric Dickerson. 

Cousin is really not that good, especially if you can get pressure on him. Dalvin
Cook is out for the year so not chasing him all over the field is a bid deal.

Bugger oft and take your funny colonial pastimes to a US thread ! ;)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2716 on: December 22, 2019, 05:29:32 PM »
Trench

Another STUPID post

The younger voters  - again - voted for parties that sought to remain or a second referendum

Not all younger voters did this.

I don't honestly see why there is all this bollocks of breaking down the vote into component whi voted for this or that and then justifying they are more important than the vote as a whole.

The SNP keep harping on about 'Scotland voted to Remain' so want a second Independence Referendum, despite them wanting one regardless of the case. Yet the vote was a whole country vote for the UK, it's the media that broke it down by region. Is Oxford or Cambridge demanding they want a referendum to leave the UK as they voted to Remain? Lol. Are we to ignore those who voted to leave in Scotland, Cambridge or Oxford as part of a total UK vote in granting them an independence referendum? No of course not. It's time these people got over themselves and accepted the result and moved on. I'm pretty sure in the Scottish Parliament Elections in May 2021 and the UK General Elections in 5 years time the SNP will go into meltdown and meet with the same fate as Jo Swinson, they won't be cheering for long. As soon as we leave the EU and the Scottish people see the ordeal of leaving the UK to join the EU they will not want the bother of it. They didn't want the Euro in the 2014 Referendum which helped to sway them to stay with the UK. Upon leaving the EU they would have to accept the Euro on rejoining it and so keeping the pound that they would much prefer would be out of the question.

Then of course they would definitely have the inconvenience of changing currency when crossing the border and transaction fees, exchange rate differences from this. Plus of course most likely having a passport to show at the border lol. Residency, citizenship and work issues also, not to mention other likely negatives. Yep I can really see them going for that one Mobers :-\

I can predict now that there will be a swing away from the SNP in these Elections most likely the most in the next General Election in five years time, partly as we would have been a fair while out of the EU by then so getting used to being out of it and partly as it's more relevant at a UK country level than a regional Scottish level. The SNP would probably end up holding still a large amount of seats in the Scottish Parliament as the people of Scotland seem to prefer a more regional part to represent them here but I still think it will be less and short of regaining a majority.

Interestingly the SNP were two short of a majority at the 2016 Scottish Elections and lost seats over their previous Scottish Election result, so they do not in fact have a mandate to hold a second referendum lol.

So Trenchie's top tip, get your bet in now ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 05:35:31 PM by Trenchcoat »

Online msmob

« Reply #2717 on: December 23, 2019, 12:39:59 AM »
Not all younger voters did this. [/wuote]

Trench,

Do some research, before posting DAFT.

FACT is the vast majority of under 35's voted differently than older voters .

I don't honestly see why there is all this bollocks of breaking down the vote into component whi voted for this or that and then justifying they are more important than the vote as a whole.

))

Then you are either being disingenuous or verging on sawdust for brains...  It's a trench that shows the nation is be split ...( .and might split irrevocably (

The SNP keep harping on about 'Scotland voted to Remain' so want a second Independence Referendum, despite them wanting one regardless of the case. Yet the vote was a whole country vote for the UK, it's the media that broke it down by region. Is Oxford or Cambridge demanding they want a referendum to leave the UK as they voted to Remain? Lol. Are we to ignore those who voted to leave in Scotland, Cambridge or Oxford as part of a total UK vote in granting them an independence referendum? No of course not. It's time these people got over themselves and accepted the result and moved on. I'm pretty sure in the Scottish Parliament Elections in May 2021 and the UK General Elections in 5 years time the SNP will go into meltdown and meet with the same fate as Jo Swinson, they won't be cheering for long. As soon as we leave the EU and the Scottish people see the ordeal of leaving the UK to join the EU they will not want the bother of it. They didn't want the Euro in the 2014 Referendum which helped to sway them to stay with the UK. Upon leaving the EU they would have to accept the Euro on rejoining it and so keeping the pound that they would much prefer would be out of the question.

Then of course they would definitely have the inconvenience of changing currency when crossing the border and transaction fees, exchange rate differences from this. Plus of course most likely having a passport to show at the border lol. Residency, citizenship and work issues also, not to mention other likely negatives. Yep I can really see them going for that one Mobers :-\

I can predict now that there will be a swing away from the SNP in these Elections most likely the most in the next General Election in five years time, partly as we would have been a fair while out of the EU by then so getting used to being out of it and partly as it's more relevant at a UK country level than a regional Scottish level. The SNP would probably end up holding still a large amount of seats in the Scottish Parliament as the people of Scotland seem to prefer a more regional part to represent them here but I still think it will be less and short of regaining a majority.

Interestingly the SNP were two short of a majority at the 2016 Scottish Elections and lost seats over their previous Scottish Election result, so they do not in fact have a mandate to hold a second referendum lol.

So Trenchie's top tip, get your bet in now ;D

Trench, I was not a 'fan' of Scitland leaving, nor of some of the leftist policies of Sturgeon or Salmon. ....BUT...by ignoring the SNP's voters Boris IS playing right into Sturgeon's handa.

Scotland do not want to leave the EU and Boris is going to have to convince Scots that they would be better off trusting him...

I forsee UK PLC spending money it needs to borrow and this grand experiment becoming a farce.

As big names oull out of the UK, Boris will face the anger of those losing jobs and the world economy slows and 'we' have our cap out asking to borrow money.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2718 on: December 23, 2019, 05:36:21 AM »
Mobe, you are joking aren't you? You realise that in any vote you could break it down into age groups, gender, regional location, racial background, social class, etc, etc. In hardly any vote would all of these end up around a 50/50 split. It's really of no big consequence, Scotland voting 60/40 ish split to Remain is not that significant, nowhere near a 80/20 split that would be far more telling. The SNP make big on this slight difference but at the end of the day they are locked in with the UK exiting the EU and are doomed to electoral defeat in the near future. Boris is not silly and isn't going to put his foot in it by giving Scotland a referendum before we are fully out of the EU and down the road some. Then Scots will see that it would be such a pain in the arse leaving the UK that it's just not worth it. It will go back to how it used to be with Scottish SNP nutters on the margins and the big main parties in control.

Now just recently Amazon announced they are going to build a big new Warehouse Operation in Darlington which will create 1000 jobs. Others will come along the way too, companies will soon forget the rubbish about us leaving the EU and see opportunities to make signs in front of them, that will win out over standing on the sidelines over politics they no longer have any sway over.

Online msmob

« Reply #2719 on: December 23, 2019, 05:16:58 PM »
Trench,

You aren't capable of reasoning the utter STUPIDITY of 'brexit' ..

Of course, I have adapted and know how to make and from the mess .

Other big Tory backers have bought Cypriot passports for them and their loved ones..It seems they realise they need to cover all bases.

Do keep reading Trench...yiuu are going to realise that I also planned for all eventualities..;)

Merry Christmas from Dover docks...

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2720 on: December 24, 2019, 04:22:28 PM »
Trench,

You aren't capable of reasoning the utter STUPIDITY of 'brexit' ..

Of course, I have adapted and know how to make and from the mess .

Other big Tory backers have bought Cypriot passports for them and their loved ones..It seems they realise they need to cover all bases.

Do keep reading Trench...yiuu are going to realise that I also planned for all eventualities..;)

Merry Christmas from Dover docks...

Yes of course there is great money for you to make showing tourists how to do Oirish Blagging and scaring them with your balaclava ;D

Of course a lot of those that back Brexit are cutting the best deal for themselves, most will look to do that. For poorer people though they aren't looking abroad but more to concerns at home. No longer having a load of East Europeans muscling in on their work is their concern.

So are we dating thee well from Diver Docks or are you scampering back in with your tail between your legs?

Merry Christmas to you to Mobers :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2721 on: December 24, 2019, 09:22:24 PM »
Merry Xmas from Cologne, Trench !

It s supposed to be Rome, but the visa was only issued on Xmas eve - so I delayed coming until we KNEW SC was coming

My mission, today, is to convince the nice German passport control officer that  S C appearing in DE not IT is not 'funny business'

Gosh, when I think of the wonders of freedom of movement of EU citizens and their non-EU spouses and what poor 'ol Trench has voted to give up :cluebat:

Note the price of the 'priority' visa .....  GRATIS ...   FREE ... Trench, and Brexit seeking Brits will be paying through the nose and having to prove funds, hotels booked and needing appts to get their loved ones trips to Europe ..

PS .. JCB have JUST built a new place by the Autobhan west of Cologne ...seems their Brexit seeking owners are investing in Europe ;) JCB Deutschland is now incorporated to handle the stuff JCB will no longer be able to do in the EU

EHow the rich and powerful have played the stupid SUN / Daily Mail / express readers 

« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:02:06 PM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2722 on: December 25, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »
Merry Xmas from Cologne, Trench !

It s supposed to be Rome, but the visa was only issued on Xmas eve - so I delayed coming until we KNEW SC was coming

My mission, today, is to convince the nice German passport control officer that  S C appearing in DE not IT is not 'funny business'

Gosh, when I think of the wonders of freedom of movement of EU citizens and their non-EU spouses and what poor 'ol Trench has voted to give up :cluebat:

Note the price of the 'priority' visa .....  GRATIS ...   FREE ... Trench, and Brexit seeking Brits will be paying through the nose and having to prove funds, hotels booked and needing appts to get their loved ones trips to Europe ..

PS .. JCB have JUST built a new place by the Autobhan west of Cologne ...seems their Brexit seeking owners are investing in Europe ;) JCB Deutschland is now incorporated to handle the stuff JCB will no longer be able to do in the EU

EHow the rich and powerful have played the stupid SUN / Daily Mail / express readers

Ah looking to Oirish Blag your way across the border hey Mobers ;D

You know those Schengen visas are very handy for all accept the UK & Ireland :D

Well of course Leave supporting companies are still going to do business in the EU, Leaving the EU was never about doing no business with the EU countries. Leaving the EU was about stopping freedom of movement and paying the billions of pounds out of our hard work to reward countries that didn't work hard and had stuffed themselves up.

Good luck with getting into Italy Mobe :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2723 on: December 25, 2019, 11:24:17 PM »
Trench,

Why don't you READ ?

The Bamford's advised their enployees to vote 'leave', stating it would be better for their business'.

It will be better for the Bamfird tax planning..!  Muppets like you fell for the BS.

As for Schengen visas...The UK and Ireland are NOT Schengen members... Entering the UK is based on an EU citizen's right of freedom of movement and that Directive still applies.

Thank you, for proving you had NO idea what you voted for.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2724 on: December 26, 2019, 01:31:50 PM »
Trench,

Why don't you READ ?

The Bamford's advised their enployees to vote 'leave', stating it would be better for their business'.

It will be better for the Bamfird tax planning..!  Muppets like you fell for the BS.

As for Schengen visas...The UK and Ireland are NOT Schengen members... Entering the UK is based on an EU citizen's right of freedom of movement and that Directive still applies.

Thank you, for proving you had NO idea what you voted for.

Ah we have a use of 'Muppet' now we all know what that means don't we Mobers, hmmnn... Yep that means expect to see one of your early posts in this thread dreadged up again in the near future where you will be humilated all over again with it being held up to be shown how WRONG you really were :crackwhip: :D

Until then I will tell you I voted out of the EU for my own reasons not Bamford but because I wanted freedom of movement to end, I wanted my country back again. I also wanted to stop the unfair penalisation of our country being forced to pay 9bn a year despite doing nothing wrong. More than good strong enough reason there.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8793
Latest: Brentpisse
New This Month: 12
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 516444
Total Topics: 19989
Most Online Today: 1716
Most Online Ever: 12701