It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 206706 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online msmob

Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #3026 on: May 14, 2020, 10:47:47 AM »
Oh pure joy...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/14/northern-ireland-born-british-and-irish-win-eu-citizenship-rights

While SC was detained I discussed this case with a Border Agency Sen Officer... I told him the couple HAD to win or the Good Friday Agrrement was neaningless.

A victory for common sense.

Good luck to the couple. They have been put through hell.
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3027 on: May 14, 2020, 11:24:52 PM »
Oh pure joy...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/14/northern-ireland-born-british-and-irish-win-eu-citizenship-rights

While SC was detained I discussed this case with a Border Agency Sen Officer...

An experience I'm sure she won't be forgetting in a hurry, glad you found a way to amuse yourself for the duration Mobe :-\
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3028 on: May 20, 2020, 09:45:51 AM »
I agree with Kween-to-be Carlota.

Why let the fruits rot in trees, when there's a lot of Brits on furlough?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online msmob

« Reply #3029 on: May 20, 2020, 12:26:58 PM »
Once knows when GQB doesn't understand 'Brexit' when he doesn't get that Price Charles has a point ..

'We' just'( as in narrowly)  voted to stop foreign workers .. yet here's the chance to prove they they will do the jobs those nasty E.Eurpeans did and ... they aren't interested ..

They'd rather claim benefits and sit on their arses than be useful

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3030 on: May 20, 2020, 12:56:58 PM »
More lies from Moby the BRIT HATER,as pointed out earlier in this thread by me..but he claimed he couldn't see my post : )))

Maybe his "kind member" will show him this post.

The reality is the Government site "Pick for Britain" only went online yesterday and crashed within seconds...presumably it was overloaded with "lazy Brits" ( according to the Oirish blagger) offering their services.

It's up again now though

Of course there's nothing to stop Moby to enrol as a fruit picker..but being a lazy Irishman sponging of British taxpayers getting his Carers Allowance he probably won't .

Moby busted again.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:03:06 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #3031 on: May 20, 2020, 01:02:51 PM »
Once knows when GQB doesn't understand 'Brexit' when he doesn't get that Price Charles has a point ..

'We' just'( as in narrowly)  voted to stop foreign workers .. yet here's the chance to prove they they will do the jobs those nasty E.Eurpeans did and ... they aren't interested ..

They'd rather claim benefits and sit on their arses than be useful

Fake News!!!

More lies from Moby the BRIT HATER,as pointed out earlier in this thread by me..but he claimed he couldn't see my post : )))

Maybe his "kind member" will show him this post.

The reality is the Government site "Pick for Britain" only went online yesterday and crashed within seconds...presumably it was overloaded with "lazy Brits" ( according to the Oirish blagger) offering their services.

It's up again now though

Of course there's nothing to stop Moby to enrol as a fruit picker..but being a lazy Irishman sponging of Britain getting his Carers Allowance he probably won't .

Moby busted again, according to the lad from Chelsea...

1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #3032 on: May 20, 2020, 01:04:10 PM »
Irishmen are not allowed to pick fruit.....
Seems they only pick the GREEN fruit. ;)
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Online msmob

« Reply #3033 on: May 22, 2020, 06:40:46 AM »
For those STILL thinking the UK electorate were 'wise' to see a 'Brexit' ..

The very best short-term investment is to bet on a fall of the GBP the moment any  sen govt minister suggests toughing it out with the EU

Over ten percent v the Rouble ... recently .. Thank you, BoJo and your dimwit team  ;D

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #3034 on: May 22, 2020, 07:39:21 AM »
The majority voted for Brexit. Get closure and deal with it.

Online msmob

« Reply #3035 on: May 22, 2020, 07:55:49 AM »
The majority voted for Brexit. Get closure and deal with it.

No, they didn't .. the majority that voted did..

We never had the vote on then govt's 'plan' which was a pack of lies " No frontiers between N.I and GB"    .. "No PM in their right mind would ever allow such a thing" ..

We'll be back .. on crappier terms

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #3036 on: May 25, 2020, 03:12:30 PM »
We'll be back .. on crappier terms

There's no way in hell us Brits (minus Oirish blagger immigrants) will ever submit ourselves in servitude to the EU. We're never going back there and are happy we are out of the EU and to keep the EU out. No way do we want to find ourselves subjected to that awful organisation. Being in control of our own country is a much better prospect.

Anyway recent article:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2311DA

Now what are the odds these Ukrainian workers are returning to Poland on 'tourist visa free' regime? Fair at all? The EU insisted that the UK follow their stringent rules when we were a part of the EU, as they do with other member states. Yet for a non member nation, Ukraine, they do not enforce the agreements they reach. One rule for one, no rule for another, fair at all? And they wonder why we left, lol.

Online msmob

« Reply #3037 on: May 28, 2020, 06:35:41 AM »
'The Perfect Storm'?

Aside form the FACT that the PM's chief advisor DID break the law http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52835982
we are asked to believe ANYTHING that this govt., hell bend on either killing us with 'herd immunity', ignoring the findings of a mock virus pandemic experiment, then waking up too late and NOT asking for an extension to the 'transition period' with the EU ..

The Perfect Storm has been one of my go-to movies during lockdown. In a key scene hundreds of miles away from the socio-economic tragedy about to unfold, a harried and bespectacled meteorologist (looking very much the archetypal faceless civil servant) peers at a display of two hulking weather systems whose improbable union is the movie’s eponymous villain.

The weatherman’s growing horror at this “disaster of epic proportions” is tempered by schoolboy wonder when he realises that most people in his line of work never get to see something so uniquely terrible. “Mate”, I mutter at the screen, “I feel you”.

Sadly, we never hear from him again – the true drama is unfolding elsewhere, among a doomed group of tunnel-visioned patriots – all men, led by a ridiculously virile George Clooney – with a suicidal obsession with fish.

Hollywood, eh? In real life, of course, we know that those at the UK’s helm have the luxury of escaping to the lifeboats long before the rest of us face the fury of a likely Covid-19 second wave that the end of the Brexit transition phase turns into a tsunami.

This appalling prospect is right now haunting the tens of thousands of Zoom-bothering civil servants now working from home on the government’s Covid-19 response.

Many of them, like me, have experienced enough of Operation Yellowhammer and other toxic Brexit guest ales to suspect that the UK public has yet to fully realise that, while Europe starts to recover from the impact of the virus, Brexit Britain is enthusiastically heading straight back out into a man-made hurricane.

We saw what a few days of initial lockdown panic did to supermarket shelves in March, and shudder to imagine what a more structural disruption is almost certain to do in January 2021, even if the virus doesn’t return.

I don’t claim to speak for all 400,000-odd civil servants in the UK. But I can tell you that all of us – including every scientist on the government payroll – are governed by exactly the same code compelling us to base our recommendations to ministers on the best available evidence.

It is now abundantly clear that what that evidence is screaming for is a long extension of the Brexit transition period. So far, that evidence is falling on deaf ears.

More pathetic mewlings of a few recalcitrant Whitehall Remoaners? Hardly. Former civil service leaders have called for it. The Scottish government wants it. Leading academics say it’s a no-brainer. Even leading Tory party donors and the Financial Times think it’s a good idea.

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/we-can-see-the-perfect-storm-brewing-1-6674261?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 12:33:59 PM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #3038 on: May 28, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »
'The Perfect Storm'?

Aside form the FACT that the PM's chief advisor DID break the law http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52835982
we are asked to believe ANYTHING that this govt., hell bend on either killing us with 'herd immunity', ignoring the findings of a mock virus pandemic experiment, then waking up too late and NOT asking for an extension to the 'transition period' with the EU ..

he Perfect Storm has been one of my go-to movies during lockdown. In a key scene hundreds of miles away from the socio-economic tragedy about to unfold, a harried and bespectacled meteorologist (looking very much the archetypal faceless civil servant) peers at a display of two hulking weather systems whose improbable union is the movie’s eponymous villain.

The weatherman’s growing horror at this “disaster of epic proportions” is tempered by schoolboy wonder when he realises that most people in his line of work never get to see something so uniquely terrible. “Mate”, I mutter at the screen, “I feel you”.

Sadly, we never hear from him again – the true drama is unfolding elsewhere, among a doomed group of tunnel-visioned patriots – all men, led by a ridiculously virile George Clooney – with a suicidal obsession with fish.

Hollywood, eh? In real life, of course, we know that those at the UK’s helm have the luxury of escaping to the lifeboats long before the rest of us face the fury of a likely Covid-19 second wave that the end of the Brexit transition phase turns into a tsunami.

This appalling prospect is right now haunting the tens of thousands of Zoom-bothering civil servants now working from home on the government’s Covid-19 response.

Many of them, like me, have experienced enough of Operation Yellowhammer and other toxic Brexit guest ales to suspect that the UK public has yet to fully realise that, while Europe starts to recover from the impact of the virus, Brexit Britain is enthusiastically heading straight back out into a man-made hurricane.

We saw what a few days of initial lockdown panic did to supermarket shelves in March, and shudder to imagine what a more structural disruption is almost certain to do in January 2021, even if the virus doesn’t return.

I don’t claim to speak for all 400,000-odd civil servants in the UK. But I can tell you that all of us – including every scientist on the government payroll – are governed by exactly the same code compelling us to base our recommendations to ministers on the best available evidence.

It is now abundantly clear that what that evidence is screaming for is a long extension of the Brexit transition period. So far, that evidence is falling on deaf ears.

More pathetic mewlings of a few recalcitrant Whitehall Remoaners? Hardly. Former civil service leaders have called for it. The Scottish government wants it. Leading academics say it’s a no-brainer. Even leading Tory party donors and the Financial Times think it’s a good idea.

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/we-can-see-the-perfect-storm-brewing-1-6674261?

Crikey, you need to get out more Mobers ;D

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #3039 on: June 06, 2020, 05:56:26 AM »
Looks like we could be heading for a no deal end to the transition period:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52944700?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/uk_leaves_the_eu&link_location=live-reporting-correspondent

Passport checks at Irish border could be on the cards :)

Only 6 months to go!

Online msmob

« Reply #3040 on: June 06, 2020, 11:19:35 PM »
Trench,

You DO realise that there's something called the Commoan Travel Agreement, that is over 100 years old..?

No Passport needed to cross from N.I to Eire or GB ..

There's ALWAYS been a risk that VISA nationals arriving in Eire could cross to GB, via NI .. 

But if you watch this Video, you'll see why Bojo can't be trusted ... given he tells the DUP Tera's Mays 'deal' with the EU was crap and he's gone on to make a crapperier one and shaft N.I ..  ( best bit from 2 mins, 2 secs! )

Online msmob

Re: Brexit bad
« Reply #3041 on: June 30, 2020, 04:55:36 AM »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #3042 on: July 01, 2020, 10:09:51 AM »
For all the idiots still suggesting Brexit is / was smart..

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/markets/british-pound-sinking-to-emerging-market-currency-status-1.4291672

Mobe the pound has stayed largely steady since the fall off after the Referendum and leaving the EU earlier this year. There is no good reason to support the view of further falls. Having a currency that is not too strong can be beneficial for the economy at large and setter too many people from coming here to exploit the currency difference.

It looks Ike from all the news reports we are headed to no trade deal with the EU. If that come about that doesn't bother me, I think in the long run we are better off independent from the EU and cutting them loose.

Online msmob

« Reply #3043 on: July 02, 2020, 02:16:58 AM »
Mobe the pound has stayed largely steady since the fall off after the Referendum and leaving the EU earlier this year.

'Ri-ight'

The article and all the exchange rate history data is 'wrong'  :popcorn:

Online Trenchcoat

Re: Brexit Good
« Reply #3044 on: July 04, 2020, 03:01:01 AM »
'Ri-ight'

The article and all the exchange rate history data is 'wrong'  :popcorn:

A recent article, the UK have just invested a load of money in a US satellites company in a program to rival the EU Galileo satellite program that we have been cut out off as a result of leaving the EU. This will bring many tech jobs to the UK and essentially give the UK its own satellite program. The US company was going to go bust but UK government money now means it will now essentially be a UK government controlled company. Now the UK has invested an Indian telecoms company has also come in to invest as well. Oneweb seeks to lower the cost of broadband through using low orbit satallites.

This I think is great news and shows we don't need the EU to create high tech jobs here and will make us more independent from the EU and others. In effect it will likely create more high tech jobs here than the Galileo program which would have been shared between many EU companies. I think it can only be good news that there will be alternatives to a few major players giving scope for other countries to not be beholden to overly domineering organisations such as the EU.

http://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2020/jul/03/uk-buys-stake-bankrupt-oneweb-satellite-rival-eu-galileo-system

Online msmob

« Reply #3045 on: July 04, 2020, 04:10:25 AM »
)))

There's already a US sat positioning service....called GPS..

The Russians have Glonass and the EU, Galillieo..

What the world 'needs' now is a 4th entrant to an overcrowded market..

A bit like the UK spending a billion on Boris 'hair force one'  and ideas for a Royal Yacht... UK PLC is is no position to spend big when it has put itself out of THE biggest trading club with rotten timing.

The GBP is weak for a reason....every time Boris opens his gob...

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #3046 on: July 05, 2020, 01:08:27 AM »
)))

There's already a US sat positioning service....called GPS..

The Russians have Glonass and the EU, Galillieo..

What the world 'needs' now is a 4th entrant to an overcrowded market..

A bit like the UK spending a billion on Boris 'hair force one'  and ideas for a Royal Yacht... UK PLC is is no position to spend big when it has put itself out of THE biggest trading club with rotten timing.

The GBP is weak for a reason....every time Boris opens his gob...

Mobe I thought you would be moistening up your panties with that news. As you're involved with tech stuff there could be an opportunity for you in there. Clearly this mark Britain's path back to being a Super Power.

Now I wouldn't write it off just yet, it is clearly being done for a reason. Most satellite broadband is done for mobiles, but what about home PC's? Other accessories coming onto the market that require broadband?

Then there is the security aspect, end of the day it is clear the government wants to avoid being reliant solely on any other Super Powers network. This project could have the scope to really do well now that it has a lot more money behind it. Think it over Mobers ;)

Online msmob

« Reply #3047 on: July 05, 2020, 08:11:52 AM »
Clearly this mark Britain's path back to being a Super Power.

more waste of tax payers money, more like..

Now I wouldn't write it off just yet, it is clearly being done for a reason. Most satellite broadband is done for mobiles, but what about home PC's? Other accessories coming onto the market that require broadband?

Er Trench.. I 'think' I might just know a little more about Satellite comms than you .. 

Then there is the security aspect, end of the day it is clear the government wants to avoid being reliant solely on any other Super Powers network. This project could have the scope to really do well now that it has a lot more money behind it. Think it over Mobers ;)

'Ri-ight'..so  let's share with the Indians instead of EU partners ?  :ROFL:

Jeez, is there ANY subject you can post on that doesn't scream, " I'm clueless" ?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #3048 on: July 05, 2020, 10:09:30 AM »
No, they didn't .. the majority that voted did..

Moby,

You refuse to accept election results that you don't like.
In every honest election they only tally the votes that
were cast.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.

Online msmob

« Reply #3049 on: July 05, 2020, 10:32:46 AM »
Moby,

You refuse to accept election results that you don't like.
In every honest election they only tally the votes that
were cast.

1/ It was a yes/no referendum
2/ it was campaigned for on a tissue of lies and what was campaigned for is NOT what this govt is trying to do.

'sorry' if this is news for you, NBeel.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:03:01 PM by msmob »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8754
Latest: SvetaZem
New This Month: 7
New This Week: 3
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 509566
Total Topics: 19760
Most Online Today: 1555
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 29
Guests: 1528
Total: 1557

+-Recent Posts

Re: My experience with Elena's Models by treddie
Today at 10:45:08 PM

Re: Where to bring up Children? by treddie
Today at 10:43:57 PM

Re: Questions about salary and how much is good to search? by BC
Today at 10:35:10 PM

Re: Questions about salary and how much is good to search? by msmob
Today at 08:12:08 PM

Re: Questions about salary and how much is good to search? by krimster2
Today at 03:49:50 PM

Re: Questions about salary and how much is good to search? by 2tallbill
Today at 03:32:43 PM

Re: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML by ML
Today at 03:05:01 PM

Re: Questions about salary and how much is good to search? by msmob
Today at 02:36:05 PM

Re: Show an interest in FSU history - it might help with seeking a partner by calmissile
Today at 01:09:05 PM

Re: Questions about salary and how much is good to search? by calmissile
Today at 01:01:23 PM