It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 234497 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #3125 on: September 28, 2020, 02:32:01 AM »
Switzerland  rejects a proposal to end freedom of movement for EU other EEA nations....

http://www.euronews.com/2020/09/27/swiss-voters-reject-referendum-initiative-to-end-eu-freedom-of-movement

The UK stands alone in failing to recognise reality.

*I* want a Biden win to help ensure there'll be no UK / US trade deal that screws with the Good Friday Agreement.

Thank you Swiss people

Online BillyB

• Good Story
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3126 on: September 28, 2020, 08:21:36 AM »
*I* want a Biden win to help ensure there'll be no UK / US trade deal that screws with the Good Friday Agreement.

To get, you got to give. What can the EU offer Hunter Biden and family?
Do your part to limit the spread of COVID-19

Online msmob

« Reply #3127 on: September 28, 2020, 08:49:57 AM »
To get, you got to give. What can the EU offer Hunter Biden and family?

One has to understand what I wrote and why.. Your question suggests otherwise

Online msmob

« Reply #3128 on: September 30, 2020, 12:00:19 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/29/internal-market-bill-passed-by-commons-despite-tory-concerns

The only slightly modified Bill heads to the Lords..where it WILL be delayed ..

There are those suggesting Boris hoped for that and this is indeed a 'stunt' in negotiations ....

Online Rosco

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #3129 on: September 30, 2020, 07:14:31 AM »
A slightly less biased and more realistic take on recent events.

http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-mps-approve-controversial-uk-internal-market-bill-12085505

Some silly people suggested this wouldn't get any traction yet here we are watching Boris and his Brexit legislation, fly through its third reading in the house of commons with a whopping government majority. It's amazing how much progress can be made without a minority of butt hurt luvvies holding up democracy for their own greed.

I recall someone here claiming it wouldn't pass the second reading!!  >:(

Not one single conservative MP voted against the bill and it looks like we're well on course for a fair and honest Brexit agreement, without the Eu trying to shaft us from behind. The only people refusing to understand why the bill is in place are those who wish to see Brexit fail.

Here's the key bit;

"Our UK Internal Market Bill protects the Union and ensures we can preserve peace in Northern Ireland, delivering on our manifesto promise to ensure unfettered trade across the whole United Kingdom."

More winning and more remoaner tears!!

:clapping:

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 07:36:30 AM by Rosco »

Online Trenchcoat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3130 on: September 30, 2020, 09:56:18 AM »
Oh dear our Mobes won't like that one little bit :D

Myself I would be glad if we got rid off all these annoying cookies pop up box, a pain in the arse to have to keep clicking on the accept, decline, etc on every webpage, GDPR rubbish, another EU bollocks policy.
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #3131 on: September 30, 2020, 01:24:31 PM »
Rosco,

How many Tory MPs didn't vote for the Bill? Didn't that include the former leader ...who said not v.complimentary things about the legality of same

As ever, MY explanation was closer to reality ...

1/ The Lords - including former Tory leaders will tear it to pieces

2/ When it is returned to the Commons, Boris will try to push it through.. as is ..

3/ THEN we will see who will vote against the whip ..

It's a fail on the negotiating front and the threatened 'no deal' ?....  IF that happens ... it won't take long for 'leave' voters to understand their " 'huh'?..,was THAT what I voted for ?", moment ..

Online Rosco

« Reply #3132 on: October 01, 2020, 01:56:52 AM »
Rosco,

How many Tory MPs didn't vote for the Bill? Didn't that include the former leader ...who said not v.complimentary things about the legality of same

As ever, MY explanation was closer to reality ...

1/ The Lords - including former Tory leaders will tear it to pieces

2/ When it is returned to the Commons, Boris will try to push it through.. as is ..

3/ THEN we will see who will vote against the whip ..

It's a fail on the negotiating front and the threatened 'no deal' ?....  IF that happens ... it won't take long for 'leave' voters to understand their " 'huh'?..,was THAT what I voted for ?", moment ..

Moby, its hardly surprising you disagree with me. You don't accept anything other than bad news Brexit or pro EU tripe.

My point is true, none of them voted against it. You're hanging onto the fact that a few didn't vote and we both know that some Tory MP's are pro EU but so what? The bill sailed through its 3rd sitting because there's a majority government unbound by minority remoaners.....  ;)

You continue to cling onto the fact that previous leaders oppose the bill including Theresa May. So the arch Remainers oppose it. That tells you all you need to know, really. It was John Major that got us into the EU in its current guise in the first place. Without the vote of the people!! So cares what they think, you'll find that this lot personally profit from the bureaucratic EU.....stuff them.

You said it wouldn't see its second sitting and yet here we are. We'll have to wait for the next phase but I wouldn't rule anything out. We’ll likely see their Remoaner Lordships have hissy fits trying to amend this bill to their own ends because they still don’t get it. They're more interested in keeping their snout in the EU trough than doing best for queen and country. That said, they've been pushed aside before and I wouldn't hang my hat on them saving your day Moby!!

Moby hang onto that silly little hope of Brexit being cancelled and leavers rejecting it in their droves but its all basically more fantasy on your part. A remoaners wet dream......more winning.  ;)

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:28:13 PM by AnonMod »

Online msmob

« Reply #3133 on: October 01, 2020, 03:09:13 AM »
Rosco,

Please do not avoid this question.

Those that did not vote...Do you believe they suddenly became 'remainers'?

Once you can stop avoiding answering it, you'll have to admit while my preference is remain, this Bill is about breaking the terms of how we will trade with the EU...especially, appertaining to N.Ireland.

It is also noted you cannot accept that when Boris speaks of it 'protecting the people of N.I....you cannot concede the fact the the N.I assembly voted against such 'help'...

This is simply a stunt to 'play tough' and blame the EU if the UK crashes out.

So much for the 'oven ready deal'...

Only one of us seems to understand  the  non legality of the Bill.

The UK cannot go about shafting signed treaties....to appease disgruntled voters who stopped trusting the govt.

The govt. have lost their lead in most polls and the Labour leader has the better approval ratings.

Online msmob

« Reply #3134 on: October 01, 2020, 04:05:30 AM »
Moby re-read and fully understand all of my posts on this subject and there will be no need to go round in circles,

Sighs,

I knew you wouldn't answer the simplest question ... and why ..

Rosco: time to understand ... *I* hate brexit... but this Bill is about the govt going back on the very basis of the 'oven ready deal' they promised the electorate, re getting Brexit done

They lied ..

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:29:43 PM by AnonMod »

Online msmob

« Reply #3135 on: October 01, 2020, 04:25:41 AM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-boris-johnson-treaty-legal-action-uk-government-b737792.html

Brexit: EU launches legal action against UK for breaching withdrawal agreement
UK put on formal notice over internal market bill, which ministers admit breaks international law.

As predicted...(

Online Rosco

« Reply #3136 on: October 01, 2020, 05:26:00 AM »
Sighs,

I knew you wouldn't answer the simplest question ... and why ..

Rosco: time to understand ... *I* hate brexit... but this Bill is about the govt going back on the very basis of the 'oven ready deal' they promised the electorate, re getting Brexit done

They lied ..

Sighs indeed. OK Moby just for you but this is all you're getting today.

No I don't believe that they all just became remainers. I believe that some Tory's do want to remain part of a bureaucratic EU (some of them personally benefit financially) and others will simply disagree with the actions taken by our government. That's normal and its OK because we're a democracy and nobody is stopping them from not voting.

Not everyone shares the same opinion but the most important thing is that we have a huge majority who do understand whats going on and they support the bill for the greater good. The fact that you're clutching at straws over this speaks volumes.

Tell me you understand that last paragraph and that it answered your question?  Thus my argument has not collapsed as you incorrectly stated.

Moby time to understand that the situation is fluid and previous agreements are subject to change when the other person is less than honourable. If the EU had been negotiating in good faith from the very beginning, there would never have needed for any changes to be made.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:30:37 PM by AnonMod »

Online Rosco

« Reply #3137 on: October 01, 2020, 05:42:07 AM »
As predicted...(

The EU threatened to use the withdrawal agreement mechanism to cut off NI from UK trade if a trade deal was not agreed. This gave them leverage with any negations on said trade deal, which is shocking behaviour. The Uk internal market was supposed to have been secured by the WA and is specifically mentioned in the political statement attached to it. Therefor the EU acted in bad faith when the UK agreed and signed the agreement. The Uk's internal market was enshrined in the very act that created the UK itself.

Yet here you are harping on about how bad the UK is and how wonderful the EU are. Crying about breaking international treaties because you read it in the far left, Brexit hating Guardian doesn't change what's actually happening in the real world.

If we were run by a Labour government with self loathing tendencies and a desire to be run by foreign powers, we'd have been chewed up and spat out years ago.

Thank goodness for common sense and thank god people like you are a minority. And remember, when the UK democratically voted to leave the EU, had the opposition & the EU accepted the democratic result, the divorce would have been quick, fair and amicable. That we are here today still fighting for democracy and fairness, is not the fault of Boris, the Conservatives or the UK Government.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:31:40 PM by AnonMod »

Online msmob

« Reply #3138 on: October 01, 2020, 01:15:28 PM »

No I don't believe that they all just became remainers. I believe that some Tory's do want to remain part of a bureaucratic EU (some of them personally benefit financially) and others will simply disagree with the actions taken by our government. That's normal and its OK because we're a democracy and nobody is stopping them from not voting.

20 Tories refused to vote.. the last leader, amongst them ... So, you're now suggesting she WAS a remainer ?  :ROFL:

This bill is giving your very own part of the UK the excuse it needs to say ENOUGH to Westminster

“This Bill explicitly gives any minister of the Crown permission to run riot with the very assets of Scotland that our Scottish Parliament has protected.”

Independence, she said, “is the only option left for Scotland”, adding: “This is a union that England dominates. The only reason there isn’t an English Parliament is because the people in Westminster view this place as the English Parliament, and we can’t afford to be naive. The only way to protect our Parliament is to become independent.”

She added: “It took us 300 years to get our Scottish Parliament and 20 years for this place to put a bulldozer right through it.”

we have a huge majority who do understand whats going on and they support the bill for the greater good.

'My ' very own Tory MP could not counter that the Bill is not supported by those it is supposed to protect ...

There only fluidity is time seeping through our fingers and Boris' / Cummings' brinkmanship ensuring we'll be crashing out ... They were elected on their 'oven ready deal' ..

They LIED

The people making money are those who set up biz' in Dublin, etc., while pushing for 'Brexit'
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:32:22 PM by AnonMod »

Online msmob

« Reply #3139 on: October 08, 2020, 06:59:55 AM »
As predicted, the House of Lords amended the 'stunt' Bill sent from the Commons.

I'm using the 'Daily Distress' to show the sort of 'news' Rosco and Trench support.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1344115/brexit-news-immigration-law-rejected-house-of-lords-boris-johnson-priti-patel

"Brexit bill rejected by Lords: Unelected peers repeatedly refuse to back Boris legislation"

Reminds me a lot of the US Supreme Court farce.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #3140 on: October 08, 2020, 08:27:07 AM »
As predicted, the House of Lords amended the 'stunt' Bill sent from the Commons.

I'm using the 'Daily Distress' to show the sort of 'news' Rosco and Trench support.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1344115/brexit-news-immigration-law-rejected-house-of-lords-boris-johnson-priti-patel

"Brexit bill rejected by Lords: Unelected peers repeatedly refuse to back Boris legislation"

Reminds me a lot of the US Supreme Court farce.

The main word here being 'unelected' as in not having the will of the people behind them.

Most people with any common sense understand Mobers that we don't have an unending supply of houses and that if we were to accept every bs claim to having a right to residency/citizenship here on the basis of some weak flimsy argument then we would be doing current residents & citizens a great disservice by making some of them homeless in the process since there is only so much housing to house everyone. These EU children in care have the rest of the EU to chose from, countries with a lot more space and housing than we do. If they are EU children then they should be in the EU not the UK but the house of lords are clearly too dim to grasp that. Us taxpayers don't want to be paying for Illegal immigrant huggers joy of welcoming economic illegal immigrants from far and wide, we would rather tell those economic chancers where to bog off too.

This bill will ping pong back and forth but the House of Commons will prevail in the end, they hold supremacy to ram it through and a whopping great majority supported by the electorate.

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3141 on: October 08, 2020, 09:34:56 AM »
Trench wrote
"This bill will ping pong back and forth but the House of Commons will prevail in the end, they hold supremacy to ram it through and a whopping great majority supported by the electorate."

:shock: :tongueout:
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Online msmob

« Reply #3142 on: October 08, 2020, 11:19:34 AM »
The main word here being 'unelected' as in not having the will of the people behind them.

2 points, Trench:

1/ Tories put Lords in the house, too

2/ What makes you think folks voted for 'no deal' and crashing out as opposed to Boris' promise of an 'Oven Ready deal'?

Most people with any common sense..

..DIDN'T vote for Boris, but the archaic voting system that GB has ( N.I. does have proportional representation ) means the 60 plus percent who didn't vote for him must be 'silent' ?

This bill will ping pong back and forth but the House of Commons will prevail in the end, they hold supremacy to ram it through and a whopping great majority supported by the electorate.

The HoC may 'prevail' but expect a rocky ride, amendments and business reminding Boris that a 'no deal' exit is a doomsday scenario

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #3143 on: October 08, 2020, 12:32:15 PM »
2 points, Trench:

1/ Tories put Lords in the house, too

2/ What makes you think folks voted for 'no deal' and crashing out as opposed to Boris' promise of an 'Oven Ready deal'?

..DIDN'T vote for Boris, but the archaic voting system that GB has ( N.I. does have proportional representation ) means the 60 plus percent who didn't vote for him must be 'silent' ?

The HoC may 'prevail' but expect a rocky ride, amendments and business reminding Boris that a 'no deal' exit is a doomsday scenario

Mobe, Boris's oven ready deal can't of course be guaranteed, that depends on the EU not trying to ride roughshod over us. If they try that then no deal is a good alternative some might say even better. It all depends if the EU can agree terms by the 15th October, if not we will be better going it alone and not having the EU lord it over us as our overlord.

Online msmob

« Reply #3144 on: October 09, 2020, 12:20:41 AM »
Trench,

The 'oven ready deal' was simply another lie.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/08/plans-inland-border-sites-cope-brexit-congestion

Our disorganised govt is now flailing around to acquire sites to cope with the border chaos that will ensue.

Online Rosco

« Reply #3145 on: October 09, 2020, 04:50:28 AM »
The Guardian says...... :rolleyes:

Shock. A Brexit hating, EU loving, self loathing, far left luvvie, loss making propaganda rag writes an article about about Bexit chaos....again!! YAWN. It's about as predictable as it gets and only serves to deliver the hate that those on the left feed from.

Moby I'm guessing that every time you got divorced from each of your previous wives, the actual divorce and the agreement upon new terms led to some kind of disagreement and short term problems. Brexit is no different as we look to separate ourselves from a parasitic union who hate democracy and sovereignty almost as much as you.

You tell us that one of your ex wives is now back on side and that you've got a great relationship etc etc. Just pretend that you are the EU and said ex wife is the UK. The UK isn't leaving Europe, we're just leaving an unaccountable socialist club who cant stomach the thought of the UK prospering and competing with the mafia. Once the politicians and the silly games have stopped bickering, the people will take over and business relations will resume because thats how capitalism works. Like you and your ex wife, the estate gets split unfairly or otherwise but time is a healer.

Just accept it Moby because this hate you hold within simply wastes energy you should be spending in more useful ways. Posting silly buzz words like the ones below are just an outlet of rage for the losers in all of this.

Remoaner buzz words.

crash out = simply leave
house of lords = clutching at straws
oven ready deal = keep the deal now made worse and let the eu pull our pants down as they move the goal posts
disorganised government = I lost and I cant accept anything from the majority government
no deal = we didn't vote for that. lets all vote again
archaic voting system = lets change the rules so we can win next time
doomsday scenario = the final threat to try and scare people into not going through with change
brexit bill = a final chance to attack our government whilst ignoring a corrupt eu that they support instead
they lied = remoaner meltdown
poll = look a manipulated statistic that backs up my minority view

Online msmob

« Reply #3146 on: October 09, 2020, 06:37:50 AM »
The Guardian says...... :rolleyes:

Shock. A Brexit hating, EU loving, self loathing, far left luvvie, loss making propaganda rag writes an article about about Bexit chaos....again!! YAWN. It's about as predictable as it gets and only serves to deliver the hate that those on the left feed from.

Is the article not factual, Rosco ?

Moby I'm guessing that every time you got divorced from each of your previous wives, the actual divorce and the agreement upon new terms led to some kind of disagreement and short term problems. Brexit is no different as we look to separate ourselves from a parasitic union who hate democracy and sovereignty almost as much as you.

Dear Rosco,

Your analogy sucks...  Divorce is governed by rules and Family Courts make rulings when one or both partners cannot be trusted to ensure contact with kids / financial obligations.  There is no-one to arbitrate the UK playing with fire re the practicalities of those hoping to take us into a WTO default duties scenario

Now it get's worse..

You tell us that one of your ex wives is now back on side and that you've got a great relationship etc etc.

'back on side' .. suggests our relationship is as before...  It isn't ... I've married someone else..  (ab  awful analogy ) The UK / EU have a duty free trade agreement and a physical border with the EU. Despite that, with just over two months left of transition, the UK govt is engaged in brinkmanship with 27 nations.

UK based car companies that are foreign owned and rely on just in time stock movement will NOT stay here, if we 'crash out' ..

Just pretend that you are the EU and said ex wife is the UK. The UK isn't leaving Europe, we're just leaving an unaccountable socialist club who cant stomach the thought of the UK prospering and competing with the mafia. Once the politicians and the silly games have stopped bickering, the people will take over and business relations will resume because thats how capitalism works. Like you and your ex wife, the estate gets split unfairly or otherwise but time is a healer.

Having dismissed the unthinking analogy , let's deal with 'unaccountable socialist club' ...

Y1/ uou have posted elsewhere that the majority of EU govts are currently  right of centre

2/ The 'unaccountable' is only correct in that the accounts of the club have never been subject to an audit

Just accept it Moby because this hate you hold within simply wastes energy you should be spending in more useful ways. Posting silly buzz words like the ones below are just an outlet of rage for the losers in all of this.

My part of the UK has enjoyed peace and increased trade and my 'hate' is for ANYTHING that threatens that peace...

Then there's the jobs that will be lost through blind stupidity .. 'We' are leaving THE largest free trade club at time when 'going it alone' holds little to be optimistic about ..'We' are a net importer.

Pointing out these mistakes isn't difficult

Remoaner buzz words.

crash out = simply leave
house of lords = clutching at straws
oven ready deal = keep the deal now made worse and let the eu pull our pants down as they move the goal posts
disorganised government = I lost and I cant accept anything from the majority government
no deal = we didn't vote for that. lets all vote again
archaic voting system = lets change the rules so we can win next time
doomsday scenario = the final threat to try and scare people into not going through with change
brexit bill = a final chance to attack our government whilst ignoring a corrupt eu that they support instead
they lied = remoaner meltdown
poll = look a manipulated statistic that backs up my minority view

You see, you use terms that the UK govt coined and suggest folks who see the folly of leaving the EU ..esp. without an agreement ...as 'mine' ?

Online Rosco

« Reply #3147 on: October 09, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »
Lol

I'm not planning on arguing with stupid so lets just let the readers decide. I can prove many things factually and provide you with compelling evidence as to why Brexit is for the best but its like water off a ducks back with you.

Enjoy your evening Moby.

Online msmob

« Reply #3148 on: October 09, 2020, 11:19:27 PM »

I'm not planning on arguing with stupid

Agreed, You seem to be avoiding dealing with ANY point.

I can prove many things factually [/quote]

and yet we still await same...

and provide you with compelling evidence as to why Brexit is for the best but its like water off a ducks back with you.

What 'evidence' ?  We are STILL complying with EU rules and 'our' govt has behaved like it would get a deal, as it promised to get elected, but my article demonstrated panic.

Boris is busy telling anyone that'll listen that a 'no deal' crashing out is not an issue...  Most business folks know different.

http://www.euronews.com/2020/10/04/uk-can-more-than-live-with-no-deal-brexit-claims-boris-johnson

Enjoy your evening Moby.

Thanks, usual early night ... hence I wish you, " Good morning and belated enlightenment, Rosco

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #3149 on: October 10, 2020, 03:35:36 AM »
Well looks like us Leavers won the Referendum fairly and squarely Mobers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54457407

Looks like you're just going to have to accept the result :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8793
Latest: Brentpisse
New This Month: 12
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 516398
Total Topics: 19989
Most Online Today: 1652
Most Online Ever: 12701