It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 115358 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #900 on: February 18, 2019, 03:53:10 PM »
Admittedly I don't understand the fine points of Brexit and it's consequences.

However, it seems clear to me that not too many countries can prosper by trying to go it alone.

Only a truly great country such as USA can do without other countries.
Winston Churchill.  “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #901 on: February 19, 2019, 01:33:33 AM »
Swindon now realises the game is up ..another town that STUPIDLY voted to leave has voted like a bunch of Turkeys for Christmas and will now be in 'shock'

The free trade deal the EU did with Japan - was the key .... Why bother to manufacture in the UK when they can send Jap made cars to the EU ?

IF the UK had been clear that it was not going to leave - or at least had agreed to remain in the customs union - these jobs would not have gone ...

It is now time for the Trench's of this world to wake up and admit they were DAFT to vote leave and he will find it harder, still, to import a FSU women in a nation where Brits will be fighting each other to find a job as the exit continues ...

Those STILL thinking it is 'undemocratic' to ignore the referendum vote are deluded - they are in the minority - BIG TIME. now
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 01:35:09 AM by msmob »
No to Brexit, Yes to a People's Vote on Brexit, THEN a General Election

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #902 on: February 19, 2019, 03:52:51 AM »
Mobers we can't allow companies declaring economic war by flexing their economic muscle to decide our future. Once we are out of the EU in just over a month's time (I know not long to go now :D ) things will upright themselves and we'll be doing just fine you take my word for it. Just like in WWII we need to stand strong and not give into the opposition. If we were to give in we would be the EU's b*tch forever more and they would get a strangle hold over us. We have a big balance of trade deficit with the EU, once that goes after Brexit you watch the number of jobs created by goods being produced in this country again.

Now the good thing is in the meanwhile is that my job while not great paying is relatively Brexit proof over such as we have here :)
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #903 on: February 19, 2019, 05:43:28 AM »
Swindon now realises the game is up ..another town that STUPIDLY voted to leave has voted like a bunch of Turkeys for Christmas and will now be in 'shock'

The free trade deal the EU did with Japan - was the key .... Why bother to manufacture in the UK when they can send Jap made cars to the EU ?

IF the UK had been clear that it was not going to leave - or at least had agreed to remain in the customs union - these jobs would not have gone ...

It is now time for the Trench's of this world to wake up and admit they were DAFT to vote leave and he will find it harder, still, to import a FSU women in a nation where Brits will be fighting each other to find a job as the exit continues ...

Those STILL thinking it is 'undemocratic' to ignore the referendum vote are deluded - they are in the minority - BIG TIME. now

Interestingly, as news out today show employment at a record high :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47290331

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #904 on: February 19, 2019, 08:33:09 AM »

☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻
More MobyBollox

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #905 on: February 19, 2019, 08:38:21 AM »
In the meantime....

TheRealStory
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:45:10 AM by John Gaunt »

Online msmob

« Reply #906 on: February 19, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »
Mobers we can't allow companies declaring economic war by flexing their economic muscle to decide our future. Once we are out of the EU in just over a month's time (I know not long to go now :D ) things will upright themselves and we'll be doing just fine you take my word for it. Just like in WWII we need to stand strong and not give into the opposition. If we were to give in we would be the EU's b*tch forever more and they would get a strangle hold over us. We have a big balance of trade deficit with the EU, once that goes after Brexit you watch the number of jobs created by goods being produced in this country again.

Now the good thing is in the meanwhile is that my job while not great paying is relatively Brexit proof over such as we have here :)

As, usual you have it about face

WE got these companies to invest because 'we' were a EU nation with high worker skill-set

The workers voted to lose their jobs ..IDIOTS
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:06:24 AM by msmob »

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #907 on: February 19, 2019, 09:06:05 AM »
As Moby has put John Gaunt on ignore,and to save Moby looking even dafter than he already does,i shall point out to him that Ian Howells,senior vice-president of Honda UK was on Sky News today telling everyone that the Swindon plant closure is NOT Brexit related...ho hum.

I think i'll take more notice of Mr Howells rather than some ranting bremoaner on here. : )
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:10:07 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #908 on: February 19, 2019, 09:18:23 AM »
As Moby has put John Gaunt on ignore,and to save Moby looking even dafter than he already does,i shall point out to him that Ian Howells,senior vice-president of Honda UK was on Sky News today telling everyone that the Swindon plant closure is NOT Brexit related...ho hum.

I think i'll take more notice of Mr Howells rather than some ranting bremoaner on here. : )
Is that even possible?

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #909 on: February 19, 2019, 09:46:20 AM »
Admittedly I don't understand the fine points of Brexit and it's consequences.

However, it seems clear to me that not too many countries can prosper by trying to go it alone.

Only a truly great country such as USA can do without other countries.

ML, I understand your position; I would note that the UK remains a great nation. Should it be a so-called hard exit next month, the sun will rise and assuming there is no fog/snow all will continue.

My guess is that there are some fear mongers (who smell about the same as fish mongers) who refuse to accept a democratic vote. Bd
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Online msmob

« Reply #910 on: February 19, 2019, 10:58:34 AM »
The usual spin doctors try to BS their way out of the mess THEY put us in..

Honda are VERY non political and always try not to offend

The HAVE mentioned Brexit earlier this year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46829441

From 10th Jan 2019

"Honda UK has said it will shut down its Swindon factory for six days in April as part of its preparations for any disruption caused post-Brexit.

The Japanese-owned car giant said the move was to ensure it could adjust to "all possible outcomes caused by logistics and border issues".

The firm said it would help in recovering lost production if shipments of parts were held up at borders."

"Dominic O'Connell, Today business presenter

Honda says the Swindon closure is not Brexit-related. Is this the unvarnished truth, or is the company simply trying to avoid a political storm?

Honda has in the past been vocal about the difficulties a disorderly Brexit would bring, and the timing of the announcement, a little more than a month before the UK leaves the European Union, is curious.

But the Honda statement makes no mention of Brexit at all, instead pointing to the greater forces that are reshaping the car industry."

I believe I live the closest to the plant and know several folks working there and might know a little more than the 'experts' who thought leaving the EU would make us 'better off'

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #911 on: February 19, 2019, 01:29:42 PM »
The usual spin doctors try to BS their way out of the mess THEY put us in..

Honda are VERY non political and always try not to offend

The HAVE mentioned Brexit earlier this year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46829441

From 10th Jan 2019

"Honda UK has said it will shut down its Swindon factory for six days in April as part of its preparations for any disruption caused post-Brexit.

The Japanese-owned car giant said the move was to ensure it could adjust to "all possible outcomes caused by logistics and border issues".

The firm said it would help in recovering lost production if shipments of parts were held up at borders."

"Dominic O'Connell, Today business presenter

Honda says the Swindon closure is not Brexit-related. Is this the unvarnished truth, or is the company simply trying to avoid a political storm?

Honda has in the past been vocal about the difficulties a disorderly Brexit would bring, and the timing of the announcement, a little more than a month before the UK leaves the European Union, is curious.

But the Honda statement makes no mention of Brexit at all, instead pointing to the greater forces that are reshaping the car industry."

I believe I live the closest to the plant and know several folks working there and might know a little more than the 'experts' who thought leaving the EU would make us 'better off'

☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

More f**kwittery from Mobywan

Online msmob

« Reply #912 on: February 20, 2019, 01:56:42 AM »
Well, Mrs May is off to Brussels to waste more tax-payers' money to try to persuade 27 other nations that they should cave in to a now minority of Brits   ...

There sure are a LOT of clueless, stubborn people

Meanwhile, there might be at least three Tories kicking off desertions from the govt...   

Time to wake up.... and represent the true majority - who have seen this 'Brexit' as a total farce

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:04:50 AM by msmob »

Online msmob

« Reply #913 on: February 20, 2019, 04:44:45 AM »
You'll note I posted of the Tory desertions LONG before they officially announced ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47306022

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #914 on: February 20, 2019, 08:23:21 AM »
Well, Mrs May is off to Brussels to waste more tax-payers' money to try to persuade 27 other nations that they should cave in to a now minority of Brits   ...

There sure are a LOT of clueless, stubborn people

Meanwhile, there might be at least three Tories kicking off desertions from the govt...   

Time to wake up.... and represent the true majority - who have seen this 'Brexit' as a total farce

Yep, Mrs May will secretly be sighing a long sigh of relief at them going, most importantly she has gotten rid of the freak Anna soubry who looks like a relation of Ken Dodd. Having her no longer constantly harping on in the party will no doubt make matters a lot easier for her. Essentially this helps the Tories as it halps Labour in ejecting Remain as a part of their parties.

At a press conference on Wednesday, Ms Soubry said of the Conservative party: "The battle is over, the other side has won.

"The right wing, the hard-line anti-EU awkward squad that have destroyed every leader for the last 40 years are now running the Conservative Party from top to toe. They are the Conservative Party."

It looks like this together with a hard Brexit will heal the rift in the Tory Party with the defeat and exit of the Remain faction. A few more Mp's from both Labour and the Tories to the independant group  would be welcome to make a clean break of it all. I think it has been unhelpful to both parties and those viewing to have su ch opposition from within the parties constantly harping on.

The Tories must of course not lose more than 10 MP's, 8 or 9 max really to be able to continue in the short to medium term. Though of course they are unlikely to be a vote of no confidence now as they know it would suspend all Parliamentary business until after Brexit. That and they are in no shape themselves to fight a General Election having just left their party and formed a new group at this early moment.

Still I think if Tories like Dominic Grieve, Nicky Morgan, Justine Greening, Stephen Hammond & Ken Clarke were to follow that would take it up to 8 leaving the party and would clear the deck of the Remain ringleaders and so make for a more harmonious party for Mrs May.

A few more on the Labour side would be handy as well in particualar Yvette Cooper and Angela Eagle amounst no doubt a few others.

Much better to have them out of parties where they don't fit and constantly trying to stir up discontent me thinks.

I think most if not all will get wiped out at the next General Election as a result as the benefits of Brexit become apparent and the EU a distant unpleasant memory.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:37:17 AM by Trenchcoat »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #915 on: February 20, 2019, 08:30:51 AM »
Interestingly all are refusing a 'people's vote' in their own constituencies now that they are no longer a part of the party they got elected as. None of them wish to back up their claim of support for Remain, Second Referendums, etc within their constituencies by calling a by-election, funny that, lol.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #916 on: February 22, 2019, 08:21:30 PM »
Well it looks like our resident Remoaner Moby has thrown in the the towel and accepted that a No Deal Brexit will be going ahead seeing that he hasn't commented back here in days now. Funny how he goes quiet when he is proven wrong ;D How about it Mobers any time for one quick last Remoan?

Online msmob

« Reply #917 on: February 22, 2019, 08:36:58 PM »
Deluded as ever... Mr I'm chicken and despite all your noise and 'signature' - you are too scared to take the bet ))

Three cabinet ministers have told Mrs May they will not allow the UK to crash out without a deal..

Te reality is it's been a REALLY BAD week for 'leave' and the polls suggest an ever widening gap for REMAIN

Trench, as usual - is clueless to what's happening around him
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:38:41 PM by msmob »

Online msmob

« Reply #918 on: February 26, 2019, 08:33:52 AM »
Trench's wet dream is falling apart

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47373996

Theresa May offers MPs Brexit delay vote

The clock is so far down now that there is no room for a second referendum.

Why oh why don't you listen to me, Trench ?

Only the EU can screw this up by refusing to allow a 'delay' until the farce can be put to bed ....

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:36:36 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #919 on: February 26, 2019, 09:47:15 AM »
Trench's wet dream is falling apart

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47373996

Theresa May offers MPs Brexit delay vote

Why oh why don't you listen to me, Trench ?

Only the EU can screw this up by refusing to allow a 'delay' until the farce can be put to bed ....

What a lovely way of putting it! ::)

Even if there is a delay it will just be two months because of EU elections and the Cooper-Brady amendment was just calling for that. What can be accomplished in that two months? Very little if anything. It would be a delay just to satisfy those that are asking for a delay. Once had those that asked for a delay will no longer be in a position to ask for a further delay ;D They would have shot their bolt and would alienate the country by asking for a further delay to which would be asked why as nothing would be accomplished. Theresa May has said that in any further delay No Deal Brexit wouldn't be taken of the table. Ebven the vote on it is whether minister would accept it as the way forward or not, voting it as not does not take it off the table.

When all is said and done and the votes are in I think we'll see that eventually:

1). The EU deal will never be able to get the votes to pass.

2). No alternative will get the votes to pass.

3). Any extentions beyond possible a two month one will be pointless as no agreement can be reached.

4). No Deal exit is the ONLY way out of this impasse and remains the default option.

So you see Mobers my dear boy you really are screwed on this one :D   

Online msmob

« Reply #920 on: February 26, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »

When all is said and done and the votes are in I think we'll see that eventually:

So you see Mobers my dear boy you really are screwed on this one :D

...and yet you are too scared to part with money - which  says a lot  about your conviction' .....

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #921 on: February 27, 2019, 10:58:29 PM »
The Brexit debate in the UK could go on for the next couple of years. From the article:

Senior ministers believe that the European Union will insist on a Brexit delay of up to two years if Britain fails to agree a deal in the next few weeks.

Several sources have told the Standard they do not think the sort of “short, limited extension” of Article 50 suggested by Theresa May in the Commons yesterday would be permitted by Brussels.

Ministers closely involved in Brexit preparations believe the EU would probably demand an extension until December 2020, effectively replacing the planned transition period with continued EU membership.

Wouldn't two more years of arguing over Brexit be great? I'm sure in that amount of time there'll be many opportunities for another referendum. If May doesn't agree there'd be more than enough time to get rid of her and put in another party leader or have another general election, elect a more suitable government that would be acceptable to Brussels and then have a new referendum the results of which Brussels would find more acceptable.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-news-latest-brussels-will-insist-on-delay-of-up-to-two-years-if-uk-fails-to-agree-deal-a4077851.html

Online msmob

« Reply #922 on: February 27, 2019, 11:24:02 PM »
Dear 'Dave'

Are these your words ?

'Elect a more suitable 'govt' ? ..  :ROFL:

Neither main party has a leader with a constant, coherent policy on 'Brexit' ..

ONLY putting any 'deal' Mrs May can 'get' from the EU should be voted on - and by the UK electorate ... who are now much more informed about what would happen if we left..

Option 1 - agree with her deal

Option 2/ Leave the EU - with no deal

Option 3/ Remain - with the current status

Naturally, I think Option 3 is the best and we'll take YEARS to recover from this farce and Cameron got us the best deal we ever had - within the EU - and we blew it

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 04:52:01 AM by msmob »

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #923 on: February 28, 2019, 02:33:01 AM »
Dear 'Dave'

Are these your words ?

'Elect a more suitable 'govt' ? ..  :ROFL:

Neither main party has a leader with a constant, coherent policy on 'Brexit' ..

ONLY putting any 'deal' Mrs May can 'get' from the EU should be voted on - and by the UK electorate ... who are now much more informed about what would happen if we left..

Option 1 - agree with her deal

Option 2/ Leave the U - with no deal

Option 3/ Remain - with the current status

Naturally, I think Option 3 is the best and we'll take YEARS to recover from this farce and Cameron got us the best deal we ever had - within the EU - and we blew it

msmob why don't you tell the people of the UK just what you stated here? From lurking on RUA it's my understanding that at least one or two members over there have written for the media in Europe. Perhaps they could connect you with a media outlet that would publish your ramblings, emojis and all?

I'm sure with your insights and colorful use of emojis your prose would be an instant hit. Perhaps it would even lead to a profitable career for you?

Online msmob

« Reply #924 on: February 28, 2019, 04:55:37 AM »
msmob why don't you tell the people of the UK just what you stated here? From lurking on RUA it's my understanding that at least one or two members over there have written for the media in Europe. Perhaps they could connect you with a media outlet that would publish your ramblings, emojis and all?

I'm sure with your insights and colorful use of emojis your prose would be an instant hit. Perhaps it would even lead to a profitable career for you?

'Dave' ... you are not lurking anywhere - But you are trying to deceive members as to your true ID  :wallbash:

I am not receiving funds to promote dodgy agendas ..

Now, can you tell us why you are so 'upset' at my asking if the words you posted were yours .... ?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 05:13:35 AM by msmob »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9980
Latest: Marina21
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 493300
Total Topics: 19442