It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 102972 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #525 on: October 22, 2018, 03:22:57 PM »
You seem upset. Rubbed you the wrong way with a few home truths it seems.

Carry on Remoaning.

'Upset' was not, nor is, the emotion I felt / feel ....

To be quite clear - It was derisive and mocking of anyone that would post this as 'vindication' .. :popcorn:
No to Brexit, Yes to a People's Vote on Brexit, THEN a General Election

Online msmob

« Reply #526 on: October 22, 2018, 10:42:15 PM »
And what do you think is going to happen if any party ignores the referendum and rides roughshod over the voices of 17.4 million voters. Eh?

Why are you SO scared of a vote on any 'dea' having the option to retain the status quo ?

You KNOW that having seen the abyss and fibs of leave - that 'Brexit' would be finished

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #527 on: October 23, 2018, 04:11:47 AM »
Why are you SO scared of a vote on any 'dea' having the option to retain the status quo ?

You KNOW that having seen the abyss and fibs of leave - that 'Brexit' would be finished
Here’s a good example of Moby doing the MobyShuffle also known as the MobySwerve. 😂😂

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #528 on: October 23, 2018, 06:12:50 AM »

Mobys been reading the Guardian again. It’s where he gets his silly liberal nonsense from.

Online msmob

« Reply #529 on: October 23, 2018, 09:39:48 AM »
Here’s a good example of Moby doing the MobyShuffle also known as the MobySwerve

JG, 

You really are confused... you cannot seem to figure out that it is you that keeps doing the swerving

1/ you ran and hid having 'announced' I stiffed some folks,financially

2/ you've had your reasoning why a 'people's vote on any 'deal is indeed democratic and all you can do is spout bollox...

So, there's a pattern here...

JG makes it up... Moby the Tory voting 'Liberal Guardian reader' ....

I read the Tele(tory)graph and and few other journals ....

Can you be accurate / correct about anything...?

Online msmob

« Reply #530 on: October 24, 2018, 05:47:21 AM »
BAD - of course

1/ Pound weakest for six weeks  - from the Brexit supporting Express

Pound v US dollar: Exchange rate at six-week low as UK manufacturing slows again

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/925730/GBP-v-USD-pound-dollar-exchange-rate-UK-manufacturing

2/ More money down the drain on a 'vanity project' that was 'saving' us billions  :wallbash:

'Poor quality' preparations at key Brexit department risks billions of pounds in exports, warns watchdog

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-exports-uk-eu-whitehall-industry-food-environment-nao-a8533411.html

3/ Nobel-winning scientists issue stark Brexit warning
http://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/23/health/science-uk-brexit-intl/index.html

4/ The UK firm, founded by Brexit supporter Sir James Dyson, has chosen Singapore for its planned electric car production facility.

http://news.sky.com/story/dyson-to-build-new-electric-car-in-singapore-11533056

Typical - another duplicitous 'Brexit' supporter

Just a small selection of this weeks 'Brexit' will be good for you 'leavers'
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:56:40 AM by msmob »

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #531 on: October 24, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »
BAD - of course

1/ Pound weakest for six weeks  - from the Brexit supporting Express

Pound v US dollar: Exchange rate at six-week low as UK manufacturing slows again

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/925730/GBP-v-USD-pound-dollar-exchange-rate-UK-manufacturing

The pound was at about $1.43 a few months back so it's unlikely its recent drop is related to Brexit.

2/ More money down the drain on a 'vanity project' that was 'saving' us billions  :wallbash:

'Poor quality' preparations at key Brexit department risks billions of pounds in exports, warns watchdog

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-exports-uk-eu-whitehall-industry-food-environment-nao-a8533411.html

Same politicians were incapable of managing their departments prior to Brexit.

3/ Nobel-winning scientists issue stark Brexit warning
http://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/23/health/science-uk-brexit-intl/index.html

Science was done in the UK long before the EU existed.

4/ The UK firm, founded by Brexit supporter Sir James Dyson, has chosen Singapore for its planned electric car production facility.

http://news.sky.com/story/dyson-to-build-new-electric-car-in-singapore-11533056

Typical - another duplicitous 'Brexit' supporter

Just a small selection of this weeks 'Brexit' will be good for you counters

Those business people and companies that support remain are still doing business outside of the EU. Why? Could it be that the locations outside of the EU are the best locations for their particular business.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #532 on: October 24, 2018, 10:31:38 AM »
Of all the US's allies, the UK and Australia had been the staunchest, so I hope this meeting will prove mutually equitable.
~Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people~ Gator :P

Online msmob

« Reply #533 on: October 24, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »
The pound was at about $1.43 a few months back so it's unlikely its recent drop is related to Brexit.

DaveNY - WHY, why do you feel the need to prove you're posting about stuff you simply do not understand ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx250jmk4e7t/pound-sterling-gbp

Sterling is still around $1.293 amid political and Brexit uncertainty.

Same politicians were incapable of managing their departments prior to Brexit.

Indeed - the current PM headed  the Home ( interior) ministry ...don't we know .... her ( pro remain) successor had to fall on her sword re the PMs cock ups ....

Science was done in the UK long before the EU existed.

So now a US Lawyer knows more than THE Scientists ? :popcorn:  Did you READ why a 'Brexit' will be bad ?  Clearly not ...

Those business people and companies that support remain are still doing business outside of the EU. Why? Could it be that the locations outside of the EU are the best locations for their particular business.

That's it?  Your 'riposte' ?

The UK hasn't really got a car industry of it's own ...VW, Peugeot, BMW, Toyota, Nissan and Honda have plants and Landrover / Jaguar are INDIAN owned... did you bother to check their feeling on 'Brexit' ?

Once more - clearly not ...

So, when we have a guy who IS a Brit and pushing how Brexit is 'good' and announces will open  the plant in SINGAPORE - which has JUST done a tariff free deal with the EU - you might get just how completely bogus the prime movers in leave were / are ...

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:31:17 PM by msmob »

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #534 on: October 24, 2018, 02:35:36 PM »
DaveNY - WHY, why do you feel the need to prove you're posting about stuff you simply do not understand ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx250jmk4e7t/pound-sterling-gbp

Sterling is still around $1.293 amid political and Brexit uncertainty.

The euro is down against the dollar over the last year. Is that also the fault of Brexit?

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=EUR&to=USD&view=1Y

Online Trenchcoat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #535 on: October 24, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
Dave's got a good point, Brexit hasn't really had any noticable affect on the economy of either the UK or the EU. Not yet anyway, and I don't think it will till after we leave. The financial ups & downs I think reflect the doubts of the money men. In that yes the UK did dip a fair bit on the result of the Brexit referendum result and that has stayed. However, it doesn't seem to have had any detrimental affect on the economy, better if anything.

I think as Dave has pointed out, the financial guys concerns are no longer fixated on the potential affected on the UK but have now come to realise that the EU are likely to have a big question mark hanging over their economy also.

Theoretically the UK is better placed than the EU, they import more to the UK than the UK exports to them. A drop of in importing to the UK will affect them badly, a drop of in UK ex ports to the EU will be hardly noticeable. Plus the UK will have its hands free to encourage importing & exporting with non-EU countries so any drop off gap can be easily filled.

I personally think that odds are the extra month will allow for the Ireland border & backstop situation to be resolved. If it's not near enough to being resolved then the question will be if it's close enough to be resolved in the further few or whether it is unresolvable and hence a no deal scenario. I don't think anyone wants this to drag on through an extended transition period, no one perhaps other than Mobers who would miss the arguing too much ;D 
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #536 on: October 24, 2018, 08:19:22 PM »
The euro is down against the dollar over the last year. Is that also the fault of Brexit?

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=EUR&to=USD&view=1Y

:ROFL:

4 points - you 'answered' ONE with a question about another currency - 'forgetting' to address the GBP's issues and why !

you ducked the other three and ignored the fact that the GBP is down against the Dollar / Euro, Swiss Franc, Rouble.....

http://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/forex-markets-wall-street-dollar-yen-swiss-franc-in-focus.html

The UK has it's own currency and it is easier to identify reasons for fluctuations - but as you asked, the link above suggests "economic growth could be flagging across the euro zone."

Any chance you could actually address the other THREE points? 

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #537 on: October 24, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »
:ROFL:

4 points - you 'answered' ONE with a question about another currency - 'forgetting' to address the GBP's issues and why !

you ducked the other three and ignored the fact that the GBP is down against the Dollar / Euro, Swiss Franc, Rouble.....

http://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/forex-markets-wall-street-dollar-yen-swiss-franc-in-focus.html

The UK has it's own currency and it is easier to identify reasons for fluctuations - but as you asked, the link above suggests "economic growth could be flagging across the euro zone."

Any chance you could actually address the other THREE points?

The Swiss franc is also down against the USD.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=CHF&to=USD&view=1Y

As for ignoring your other 3 rants, believe it or not I'm not here to correct your many errors. I only have so many hours in a day to correct your many errors. While I'm on RWD I'm also working to earn a living and watching kids.

Thankfully they're better behaved than you.

Online msmob

« Reply #538 on: October 24, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »
The Swiss franc is also down against the USD.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=CHF&to=USD&view=1Y

Yet ANOTHER 'red Herring' ?

Let's put that one to bed first ... If you'd bothered to check

1/ The Swiss Franc is more closely aligned to the Euro than the Swiss admit

2/ Like the Euro -it's value over 1/ 2 years may vary - but it's been largely the same.. 1/1 v. the USD UNLIKE the GBP - which is the currency of the nation that IS the subject of this thread ....

As for ignoring your other 3 rants, believe it or not I'm not here to correct your many errors.

'Errors' / 'Rants'? 

This proves you didn't bother to read ?

FACT:  The National Audit Office don't make 'errors' - they stated a fact about 'readiness' - in the event of a 'no deal' scenario and COST

FACT: A key Brexit supporter chose to locate a plant in Singapore - which has just done a free trade deal with the EU

FACT: The GBP is down against a basket of currencies because of
a) Falling manufacturing output

b) Increasing likelihood of a 'no deal' scenario and UK Political turmoil - the Good Ship 'UK PLC' is essentially rudderless and her 'Captain' has so many 'mutinous factions' as to be useless.

I only have so many hours in a day to correct your many errors.

:cluebat: Seeing you keep posting them ( errors) , you aren't spending your time, wisely

While I'm on RWD I'm also working to earn a living and watching kids.

Thankfully they're better behaved than you.

Then you have far more important things to do, than posting patent bollox about stuff you clearly haven't a clue about ;)   I hope they haven't inherited your inability to realise when you've been busted

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:08:38 PM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #539 on: October 27, 2018, 03:52:13 PM »
Well judging by all the arguments here it looks like Brexiteer support is holding up firmly. It appears there are several members here including myself that are unwavering in their support of Brexit. Meanwhile, I don't recall any members saying they have changed their mind from Leave to Remain on here a phenomena that Mobe talks about but few seem to have come across, lol.

Well this Monday is Budget Day in the UK. We will see how likely the Tories may think a General Election may be on the cards by how generous the usually tight fisted Chancellor is.

I'm expecting there will be a announcement of an end to austerity and at least a few short term give aways and some warm words to go along with it. They won't want to be hit by that one in another GE. If there is a very strong liklihood of a GE then he may be very bullish about the economy and might really make big on the give aways. Should be interesting to see.

Online msmob

« Reply #540 on: October 27, 2018, 05:04:47 PM »
Well judging by all the arguments here it looks like Brexiteer support is holding up firmly.

As ever, our Trenchy shows he's not at the races re reading situations

The UK's very own audit office ...
" warned that queues and delays were likely at border crossings under a no-deal Brexit, saying exporters did not have time to prepare for new rules."

It appears there are several members here including myself that are unwavering in their support of Brexit. Meanwhile, I don't recall any members saying they have changed their mind from Leave to Remain on here a phenomena that Mobe talks about but few seem to have come across, lol.

My Aunt, Uncle and Coz all voted leave - but having realised the consequences for N.Ireland's peace process and the - already - negative cost implications from extra civil servants to HUGE tax receipt black holes - would vote remain

That increase is reflected in N.Ireland and Scotland

Well this Monday is Budget Day in the UK. We will see how likely the Tories may think a General Election may be on the cards by how generous the usually tight fisted Chancellor is.

You think suggesting 'austerity is over' when manufacturing output is down and with it consumer confidence is going to 'swing it' ? ;)

I'm expecting there will be a announcement of an end to austerity and at least a few short term give aways and some warm words to go along with it. They won't want to be hit by that one in another GE. If there is a very strong liklihood of a GE then he may be very bullish about the economy and might really make big on the give aways. Should be interesting to see.

Matey, as I keep telling you - this govt fears an early General Election as much it does a 'Peoples Vote on any deal...

It will be gone ...   The Tories have realised - too late (?) that being split on Europe loses elections ... 

Labour have two Europhobes at the top and a grass roots that are pro remain - what  will be  interesting is whether the nation will trust Labour and whether the DUP will have many MPs left - bearing in mind that if the election is about Brexit - they will be kicked in the nuts

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #541 on: October 28, 2018, 06:26:55 PM »
As ever, our Trenchy shows he's not at the races re reading situations

The UK's very own audit office ...
" warned that queues and delays were likely at border crossings under a no-deal Brexit, saying exporters did not have time to prepare for new rules."

My Aunt, Uncle and Coz all voted leave - but having realised the consequences for N.Ireland's peace process and the - already - negative cost implications from extra civil servants to HUGE tax receipt black holes - would vote remain

That increase is reflected in N.Ireland and Scotland

You think suggesting 'austerity is over' when manufacturing output is down and with it consumer confidence is going to 'swing it' ? ;)

Matey, as I keep telling you - this govt fears an early General Election as much it does a 'Peoples Vote on any deal...

It will be gone ...   The Tories have realised - too late (?) that being split on Europe loses elections ... 

Labour have two Europhobes at the top and a grass roots that are pro remain - what  will be  interesting is whether the nation will trust Labour and whether the DUP will have many MPs left - bearing in mind that if the election is about Brexit - they will be kicked in the nuts

Ah, I see we have some Irish turncoats here ;D Either that or they got fed up of arguing with you about if all the time, lol.

Well Budget Day today and we'll see if the usually boring Chancellor comes up with thd goods. Though I rather fear he may be blinkered as to the need to get people onside if a GE becomes apparent. I personally don't think it will be possible to have another budget if no deal is apparent so he woukd be silly to hedge his bets on that I think.

Online msmob

« Reply #542 on: October 29, 2018, 01:43:39 AM »
Ah, I see we have some Irish turncoats here ;D Either that or they got fed up of arguing with you about if all the time, lol.

Well Budget Day today and we'll see if the usually boring Chancellor comes up with thd goods. Though I rather fear he may be blinkered as to the need to get people onside if a GE becomes apparent. I personally don't think it will be possible to have another budget if no deal is apparent so he woukd be silly to hedge his bets on that I think.

So nothing to counter the National Audit report or the govt running scared of the population's mind set ? ;)

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #543 on: October 29, 2018, 09:06:33 AM »
So nothing to counter the National Audit report or the govt running scared of the population's mind set ? ;)
I’ve just coined a new phrase.

MobyFactsTM

To take account of all the ‘bollox’ eminating from your orifice.

😂😂😂
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:08:04 AM by John Gaunt »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #544 on: October 29, 2018, 11:17:12 AM »
Most interesting point to come out of this budget appears to be:

"Opening the use of e-passport gates at airports - currently available to people from Europe - to those from the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and Japan."

Looks like these are going to be the big five nations the UK will be looking to do trade with among others and trade deals most likely already drafted out for post Brexit.

Most of the give away's - i.e raising Personal Allowance & the Minimum wage will come in April next year - with the March Spring Budget potentially being upgraded to a full budget. So will likely be after any General Election if there is one. That give potential for the Chancellor to row back on these, so potentially a false carrot held out to the electorate to vote for them. Small figs given out to mental health, the eco crowd, UC claimants & house buyers to placate them.

Looks to me that the government is still on the fence over whether a deal might be done or not and is playing a cunning game hedging its bets in case they need to go to a GE. I personally think that he may be playing it too cunningly by hanging out the carrot with people potentially left asking if the Tories can be trusted to deliver on them in a post GE.

Interestingly the commemorative Brexit coin was only announced in the post Budget document to come out in the Spring next year. I'm guessing he did'nt wish to alienate Remoaners by galvanizing them by mentioning it in case of any potential forthcoming GE.

Meanwhile I'm skeptical that the Irish backstop is just being used as an excuse by the EU to try and scupper Brexit, its essentially ridiculous measure to ask for an agreement to back up an agreement. That at any rate should all come out by December or soon after.

At any rate good news for you US, Canadian & Aus guys on here flying into the UK :) 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 04:10:12 PM by Trenchcoat »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #545 on: October 29, 2018, 02:43:38 PM »
Hearing over the Budget reviews on the news it also appears little is being done to help the housing market - planning was brought up as an area requiring an urgent need of a major overhaul to speed up planning applications and make it simpler & easier to get planning permission for housing builds. To my mind this says to me that the Chancellor didn't want to do all the work on this as in the event if a General Election it would mean he would have done a lot if extra work needlessly (in case they lost) as the Labour Party if it came to power would get the benefit of all of his work for the budget and planning changes on this. Along with the quick but easier to implement give away on personal allowance and the hike in the minimum/living wage that tells me that he looked to tackle stuff in the budget that would be little work for him but have a positive benefit (theoretically) in a GE. A Chancellor at the start/near the start of a 5 year term in office or confident of an ongoing administration would tend to tackle the larger issues such as planning/housing since they would know they would have the next 3-5 years to see it through & get the benefit of having done. So to my mind it looks like a General Election is on the cards as a real possibility if a deal can not be done soon.

Online msmob

« Reply #546 on: October 29, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »

Meanwhile I'm skeptical that the Irish backstop is just being used as an excuse by the EU to try and scupper Brexit, its essentially ridiculous measure to ask for an agreement to back up an agreement. That at any rate should all come out by December or soon after.

At any rate good news for you US, Canadian & Aus guys on here flying into the UK :)

The daily Trench stupidity ..  from dating 'advice' to 'Brexit' continues ;)

1/  Your first sentence is contradictory... Based on your daft viewpoint I THINK you are trying to say that the backstop plan re the Irish border  is a ruse to scupper ''Brexit' ? 

Yup - you've clearly used the border and  know all about the GFA and CTA and the UK and Irish govt constant promises to protect them ... no matter what.. :deadhorse:

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #547 on: October 29, 2018, 03:35:39 PM »
Angela Merkel will not run for reelection in 2021 nor will she seek reelection of her party later this year. Regional elections in Hesse and Bavaria for her Christian Democrats and its Bavaria-only sister party were a disaster. Merkel on Monday said she saw the results as a “clear signal that things can’t go on as they are”.

Germany is often referred to as the heart of the European economy and is by far the strongest economy in Europe. How will losing Merkel as the German chancellor affect the German and European economies?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/29/angela-merkel-wont-seek-re-election-as-cdu-party-leader

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #548 on: October 29, 2018, 04:17:30 PM »
The daily Trench stupidity ..  from dating 'advice' to 'Brexit' continues ;)

1/  Your first sentence is contradictory... Based on your daft viewpoint I THINK you are trying to say that the backstop plan re the Irish border  is a ruse to scupper ''Brexit' ? 

Yup - you've clearly used the border and  know all about the GFA and CTA and the UK and Irish govt constant promises to protect them ... no matter what.. :deadhorse:

For next Christmas Mobe I'll get you a commorative Brexit Coin ;D

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #549 on: October 29, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
Angela Merkel will not run for reelection in 2021 nor will she seek reelection of her party later this year. Regional elections in Hesse and Bavaria for her Christian Democrats and its Bavaria-only sister party were a disaster. Merkel on Monday said she saw the results as a “clear signal that things can’t go on as they are”.

Germany is often referred to as the heart of the European economy and is by far the strongest economy in Europe. How will losing Merkel as the German chancellor affect the German and European economies?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/29/angela-merkel-wont-seek-re-election-as-cdu-party-leader

Merkel's downfall is a result of her aligning herself to the EU during the asylum crises. He let in loads of asyum seekers to the detriment of her people, her ego got the better of her. Her people are not thanking her for it with what they are having to endure from it. The far right are becoming popular once again I'm Germany as a result. Her move to show how Germany has moved on from the Nazi era to more liberal times has backfired on her greatly and brought the very politics she wished to trounce back as a contender.

I personally don't think her leaving will affect the German economy much. They are an industrious and hard working people. The bigger problem is that unless someone replaces her with presence the EU will be left without someone with leadreship quality in its leading economy.

Expect instead for the UK economy to rival the German economy once Brexit is achieved. Britain does not have the economic woes of France or Italy. Unleashed from the EU Britain will be able to do again what it has always done best, be international traders. The UK will be able to leverage this area and it's financial clout to bring it's economy into contention with Germany for the leading economy in Europe for the first time.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_and_social_rankings_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe

This map shows how much Eastern Bloc EU members have benefited from EU money taken from leading EU nation economies such as the UK. All the East European Nations outside the EU are in Red. Apparently the EU feel Eastern Europe is owed money from leading EU nation economies despite all our hard work over time without good reason other than their project to improve their economy at the expense of our economy.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:51:35 PM by Trenchcoat »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9974
Latest: shakennotstirred
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 491251
Total Topics: 19420
Most Online Today: 1526
Most Online Ever: 2480