It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 75566 times)

Online Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1350 on: May 24, 2019, 11:48:03 AM »
Some dramatic developments today!   However, through it all I see the Brits are keeping your sense of civility.

Unlike your wayward child, you are not trying to destroy the PM and her family.  Or using the intelligence and criminal enforcement departments to spy on Brits not in the governing party.  Or contriving a situation to create a two-year all consuming investigation.  Or ignoring other serious issues to prevent the PM from accomplishing anything.   

How is the media reacting?  Is it evenly divided and adhering to true journalism standards?  Following the facts, covering both sides of a story,  while confining opinions to the editorial department?   Or do they practice advocacy journalism?   

Just wondering....... 

Offline Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1351 on: May 24, 2019, 02:38:37 PM »
Well I put a nice big X in the Brexit Party box also. I'm guessing the Tories already had feedback from the polls on polling day and it's probably looking like a complete wipe out for them and a far bigger landside Brexit Party victory than expected. That's probably what pushed Theresa May to resign on top of everything else. I reckon the Brexit Party polled way higher than the estimated 30's percent. Better be sitting down when the results are announced Mobers, you may be in for a shock ;)
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1352 on: May 24, 2019, 04:10:36 PM »
Trench,

You cannot read or comprehend...

Kindly, accept my bet that we will NOT crash out...

You just repeat the same old...

Farage will be found to be cheating on his expenses and Boris lying about 'savings'..

We cannot crash out as we have an open border with an EU nation and goods / people will arrive via Ireland and N.Ireland will never accept a different status to the rest of the UK..

This is 101 stuff and why I am SO confident.

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1353 on: May 25, 2019, 01:39:04 AM »
Trench,

You cannot read or comprehend...

Kindly, accept my bet that we will NOT crash out...

You just repeat the same old...

Farage will be found to be cheating on his expenses and Boris lying about 'savings'..

We cannot crash out as we have an open border with an EU nation and goods / people will arrive via Ireland and N.Ireland will never accept a different status to the rest of the UK..

This is 101 stuff and why I am SO confident.

The UK government is sovereign over the NI executive which at the moment is suspended anyway. So it is down to the UK government if they wish to bring back border checks and they will do so if it means getting No Deal through. Boris came out yet again backing No Deal Brexit yesterday.

Prepare to ready your passport at the NI border Mobers! I will be there checking yours most thoroughly :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1354 on: May 25, 2019, 04:31:55 PM »
Trench, once again you entered a non sensical response.

N.I has MPs at Westminster and unless there is a miracle..they will vote against any plan for a no deal scenario.

I KEEP explaining this to you...

They are needed to carry any suicide plan and the EU ( despite threats) will not let the clock running down be a reason for us to leave...

So.. you dodged the wager... AGAIN..))

All mouth...no conviction ...

SO Trench

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1355 on: May 26, 2019, 01:07:03 AM »
Trench, once again you entered a non sensical response.

N.I has MPs at Westminster and unless there is a miracle..they will vote against any plan for a no deal scenario.

I KEEP explaining this to you...

They are needed to carry any suicide plan and the EU ( despite threats) will not let the clock running down be a reason for us to leave...

So.. you dodged the wager... AGAIN..))

All mouth...no conviction ...

SO Trench

Odds are Boris will get the leadership and will call a General Election straight of the bat. Otherwise he will have just a bit less than three years left. He then stands a good chance of getting rid of the DUP by securing a majority.

I will much enjoy seeing you wait in line a very, very long time at the NI border Mobers, hope you won't find the wait too frustrating :D

Well with Theresa May resigning and some good Brexit Party results expected tonight all my Brexit presents seem to be coming early this year :)

I hope your sitting down and readying yourself for tonight's results Mobers. Get ready and...

Online msmob

« Reply #1356 on: May 26, 2019, 06:01:59 AM »
Trench, as ever, tries to dodge the wager...

Tonight's results will not make a difference, as thebrexitparty.com will not poll the combined voted of remain voters in all parties plus those voting UKIP or Lab / Tory leavers.

I am in Scotland....Great to be among so many remain types, who view the English  making TWATS  of themselves.

Deal with reality, Trench..It is a big failing of yours .

It Parliament and the Maj of voters' minds...Crashing out is not on the menu.....period..

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1357 on: May 26, 2019, 07:23:17 AM »
Trench, as ever, tries to dodge the wager...

Tonight's results will not make a difference, as thebrexitparty.com will not poll the combined voted of remain voters in all parties plus those voting UKIP or Lab / Tory leavers.

I am in Scotland....Great to be among so many remain types, who view the English  making TWATS  of themselves.

Deal with reality, Trench..It is a big failing of yours .

It Parliament and the Maj of voters' minds...Crashing out is not on the menu.....period..

Move, a Farage/Brexit landside tonight brings us a step closer to our goal of a No Deal Brexit. Boris Johnson getting the Tory Leadership gets us a step closer to No Deal Brexit. Previous avenues being exhausted get us closer to a No Deal Brexit.

Things are going in favour of us Leavers, Mobers and you're hanging out with a load of hillbillies in Scotland who have next  to no influence over much at all and in any case still had a strong Leave following of over 40 percent in most areas.

Most of those Scots that want to remain do so as they know once we leave their support for arguments for an Independent Scotland will slump. There will be too many solid arguments not to leave an Independent UK and wait the period to rejoin the EU and go through all the negatives that entails.

Sit back in Scotland and watch tonight's viewing Mobers I think you'll enjoy it :)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1358 on: May 26, 2019, 11:28:30 AM »

How Farage’s Brexit Party Is Crushing Its Opponents
http://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/world/europe/farage-brexit-party-europe.html

Labour and Tories lose majority of support to Brexit protest
http://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/05/17/labour-and-tories-lose-majority-support-brexit-pro

Brexit Update
No-Deal Brexit Threat ‘Focuses the Mind’

Speaking on the same BBC show, Raab confirmed his candidacy and said he’d be prepared for Britain to leave the EU on World Trade Organization terms unless the Irish backstop issue can be renegotiated.

“If you’re not willing to walk away from a negotiation, it doesn’t focus the mind of the other side,” Raab said. “We want a good deal, but we’re willing to walk away.” Raab said there is no case for a further Brexit extension beyond October and he will not ask for one.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-26/gove-joins-u-k-conservative-leadership-hopefuls-brexit-update

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.

Online msmob

« Reply #1359 on: May 26, 2019, 01:51:45 PM »
Beel,

Are you trying to make any point with your cut and pastes ?...

@ Trench...

Now back in Manchester..My Aunt, Uncle and Cousins voted 'leave' in 2016..

They voted Green (remain) this time...

Still ducking the wager...despite all your 'noise'...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1360 on: May 26, 2019, 02:15:16 PM »
Beel,

Are you trying to make any point with your cut and pastes ?...

Nope, I was just posting some stuff that crossed my path.
If you read the very post in this thread, you might find
out that I don't have a horse in this race.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.

Online Gator

« Reply #1361 on: May 26, 2019, 05:05:53 PM »
Nope, I was just posting some stuff that crossed my path.
If you read the very post in this thread, you might find
out that I don't have a horse in this race.

2Tall,

When Yanks make comments about UK politics, Moby will deride us  (fill in the blanks, ample examples) 

When Moby makes comments about US politics, Moby will (fill in the blanks, ample examples)

Heck, I know too little to express an informed opinion about Brexit other than it seems far more of a watershed event than the issues in the US causing such a bipartisan division here.  I noted to the UK members they seem more civil than the bitter partisan fighting here.  I also asked the UK members about media coverage and any bitter partisan tactics, yet I was ignored.   

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 05:22:16 PM by Gator »

Online msmob

« Reply #1362 on: May 26, 2019, 05:51:23 PM »
Well, it is clear that the 'Brexit' Party simply replaced UKIP.

Overall..as predicted,...the REMAIN parties won, overall..

Doubt me?

Add the percentages for the Lib Dems and Greens then go 2 out 3 Labour votes for REMAIN and ( being charitable) 30 percent of the Conservative votes.

The clear message is REMAIN and when Labour wake up and also remain a second referendum including the 'no deal option' ...

We will REMAIN.

ANY Tory leader who tries for 'no deal' or running down the clock will be defeated in Parliament.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1363 on: May 26, 2019, 06:30:11 PM »
As usual the deluded Moby's spurious claim about whether remain or leave had the largest percentage of votes can be ignored.

No-one has a clue what Tory or Labour voters voted for in these elections...that's  bremoaner Moby clutching at straws again.

Many of the Green voters voted on their environmental concerns,such as plastic in the sea...NOT on Brexit..despite the devious Moby's claims.

The facts are that the Brexit party has won most seats and has the biggest percentage of votes.

Just saying it like it is.

Online John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1364 on: May 26, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »
As usual the deluded Moby's spurious claim about whether remain or leave had the largest percentage of votes can be ignored.

No-one has a clue what Tory or Labour voters voted for in these elections...that's  bremoaner Moby clutching at straws again.

Many of the Green voters voted on their environmental concerns,such as plastic in the sea...NOT on Brexit..despite the devious Moby's claims.

The facts are that the Brexit party has won most seats and has the biggest percentage of votes.
By all accounts they have 2 million votes more than the Libdums.

The whole remoaner lot are in denial.

Moby, did you enjoy that red hot Brexit poker?

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1365 on: May 27, 2019, 12:11:11 AM »
Well an overwhelmingly victory for the Brexit Party :D won the most seats and topped the poll with the he biggest share of the vote. Within six weeks they have gone from start up to the biggest party of MEP'S and one of the biggest in Europe. They not only replaced the UKIP vote of 2014 EU Election but they added to it up from 27 percent to nearly 32 percent. Plus with the few that still voted UKIP that totals around 35 percent, so support to Leave the EU has grown since 2014.

The Lib Dems fell well behind Farage and Change UK who also started around the same time as Farage's party were anialated, lol, they got no MEP'S and even struggled to even UKIP's share of the vote.

Ann Widdecombe led the charge in the South where I'm from and made a celebrity appearance in Poole to claim yet another string of Brexit MEP victory's and set the record straight as to what British people want - to leave the EU.

Sorry Move but with these astoundingly Brexit Party results it's all over for you Remoaners, better down a bit of that Scotch whisky while you're up there ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1366 on: May 27, 2019, 12:17:44 AM »
Brexit Party dominates in EU elections:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Great picture of a beaming Nigel Farage and down the page a jubilant Ann Widdecombe :clapping:

Online msmob

« Reply #1367 on: May 27, 2019, 12:44:18 AM »
Trench is like Farage...lots of noise..no substance..and has told whoppers that WILL finish his cred.

Remain voting parties WON and Farage has just suggested it was 52 48 to leave ))

The guy cannot add up..

No deal?

No way....Last night proved that it cannot carry in the HoC or a public vote..

Come in Trench...50 quid...?

Put you 'faith' in your wager....

CHICKEN...

Online John Gaunt

« Reply #1368 on: May 27, 2019, 03:06:15 AM »
Trench is like Farage...lots of noise..no substance..and has told whoppers that WILL finish his cred.

Remain voting parties WON and Farage has just suggested it was 52 48 to leave ))

The guy cannot add up..

No deal?

No way....Last night proved that it cannot carry in the HoC or a public vote..

Come in Trench...50 quid...?

Put you 'faith' in your wager....

CHICKEN...
It’s astounding, the misinformation and spin from the likes of The Forum Fool.
By any stretch, the Brexit Party is the clear winner of the EU elections, returning 28 (probably 29) MEPs to the EU parliament.
Even if going by the vote count the Leave count is about 45% with the remoaners at about 40%.

The Fool and his ilk can’t accept that their remain dream is slipping away.

How was your rodgering last night, you old FOOL?

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1369 on: May 27, 2019, 03:25:10 AM »
There is a big myth out there perpetuated by the media and lying bremoaners like Moby.

They tell us that Labour voters want to remain..this is BS.

Whilst it is true in London it is NOT true in the rest of the UK.

As an example we shall take Yvette Cooper's constituency of Pontefract,Normanton and Castleford

She is a Labour MP and one of the biggest blockers of Brexit in Parliament..and yet 70 % of her constituents voted to LEAVE in the referendum...now there is a petition in her constituency to oust her as it's MP..it's reached 35,000 votes on change.org.

The fact is over 400 remainer MP's are going against the wishes of constituencies that voted to leave..these lying scumbags campaigned on the basis that they'd respect the result of the referendum but once in power stuck their middle finger up to their constituents.

The only real remain vote last week was for Change UK and the Lib Dems ..whom the likes of the running scared Moby flocked to...and they were duly smashed by the Brexit Party,with UKIP cancelling out any Change UK votes.

So much for the fibbing as normal Moby's claim that the majority of the UK now wants to remain...ho hum.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:36:28 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1370 on: May 27, 2019, 04:04:33 AM »
Interestingly, Eurosceptic Parties did well in both France and Italy. In France Marine Le Pen's, National Rally (Front) won France's EU Election with 24 percent of the vote to the French President's Macron's party 22 percent of the vote. In Italy, Matteo Salvini's League party won the EU Election. Looks like unless the EU changes which it stubbornly refused to do so both France and Italy could be set to leave. Italy has crippling debt of around 132 percent to GDP and it looks like it's only a matter of time before that roars it's head. The EU is not helping with it's unfair membership fees and currency that it's member state users have no control over.

Watch out for Frexit and Itexit next especially after we leave and the EU hinders their ability to trade with us. We though will be happily trading with the US and the rest of the world unhindered by the EU.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1371 on: May 27, 2019, 04:18:57 AM »
Let's not forget the Brexit Party doesn't just want to leave the EU..it wants to leave on a NO DEAL basis...that's what the Brexit Party voters voted for.

So,when bremoaners like Moby bleat about the majority of the UK now wants to remain,they are conveniently ignoring all the people that want to leave the EU with a deal.

Moby busted....again.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 04:22:33 AM by Chelseaboy »

Online Nightwish

« Reply #1372 on: May 27, 2019, 05:29:13 AM »
uhmm

Don't know about you, but to me this looks like brexit parties won...quite clearly
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #1373 on: May 27, 2019, 08:15:11 AM »

Everybody living in or near the UK here and on another forum is in disagreement with Moby on who won. Who should we believe?
There are people that will pass info about you and your family. Do not share info about yourself or share photos as they can search for you on the internet and distribute what they found since they are allowed to participate here.

Offline Trenchcoat

« Reply #1374 on: May 27, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »
There is a big myth out there perpetuated by the media and lying bremoaners like Moby.

They tell us that Labour voters want to remain..this is BS.

Whilst it is true in London it is NOT true in the rest of the UK.

As an example we shall take Yvette Cooper's constituency of Pontefract,Normanton and Castleford

She is a Labour MP and one of the biggest blockers of Brexit in Parliament..and yet 70 % of her constituents voted to LEAVE in the referendum...now there is a petition in her constituency to oust her as it's MP..it's reached 35,000 votes on change.org.

The fact is over 400 remainer MP's are going against the wishes of constituencies that voted to leave..these lying scumbags campaigned on the basis that they'd respect the result of the referendum but once in power stuck their middle finger up to their constituents.

The only real remain vote last week was for Change UK and the Lib Dems ..whom the likes of the running scared Moby flocked to...and they were duly smashed by the Brexit Party,with UKIP cancelling out any Change UK votes.

So much for the fibbing as normal Moby's claim that the majority of the UK now wants to remain...ho hum.

Yvette Cooper makes my blood boil, she just thinks the decision whether we leave or remain is purely down to her, she is the height of sheer arrogance. I hope she loses her seat at the next GE which will put her in her place.

Anyway, Leave battle won her :) Time to move on to the next phase which is hopefully Boris getting elected leader and then onwards to a No Deal Brexit. Only a few more months and our Mobers will be put out of his misery ;D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9950
Latest: WildTurkey56
New This Month: 9
New This Week: 3
New Today: 3
Stats
Total Posts: 485619
Total Topics: 19305
Most Online Today: 1263
Most Online Ever: 2480