It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 85033 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1500 on: June 09, 2019, 03:09:33 AM »
MSMOB no one knows the outcome of staying or remaining.  What the UK needs is solid leadership to move in a direction.  Personally I've always felt that they should have stated we needed a 55 45 % vote to leave the result was not a clear mandate and we should have a second referendum.  May starting as a remainer and leading Brexit was a sham from the start.  Farage is an idiot as is Corbyn as is Boris.

I believe I do.. )

It will not happen or very softly

Boris is telling the EU he would withhold our 'divorce bill payment..which is the payment we contracted to pay..

Hardly wise for the countries credit rating...seeing we borrow((

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1501 on: June 09, 2019, 04:49:17 AM »
You are kidding yourself, Trench

Peterborough was a watershed moment in another Farage fail.

The Tories will elect another leader who still thinks the majority want to leave the EU without a deal.

You will not bet me 50 'coz you know I am right..

'no deal' cannot happen...it cannot be delivered in the HoC

No new Tory leader will dare call an early election..

The DUP will not support 'no deal'..

Do the numbers, Trench

Mobers, if the Tories fail again then Farage may end up winning a GE and become our next PM. His party is going from zero to way more support than UKIP had overnight. In Peterborough his party lost by only around 600 votes, that's nothing, certainly not a watershed moment. The opposition Labour party campaigned on anything other than Brexit with a trade union official who probably had close links with working people and a good rapport with them.

One more at or another we are leaving the EU Mobers, people voted in their millions for the Brexit Party in the EU Elections. Their is no way the EU can hope to hold us in their union with so many against it, we're past the point of return :)
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1502 on: June 09, 2019, 04:57:51 AM »
I believe I do.. )

It will not happen or very softly

Boris is telling the EU he would withhold our 'divorce bill payment..which is the payment we contracted to pay..

Hardly wise for the countries credit rating...seeing we borrow((

We don't owe the EU anything, it's all a big con. Too right he should not pay it, the EU are taking us for mugs, they only see us as a source of money to screw to do up Eastern Europe and create the Union they desire. We are not responsible for their credit card bill, money they are spending in excess to do up Eastern Europe. That's money in excess of what we already give them to do up Eastern Europe. Tell them to get stuff and stop trying it on is what I would do. No person is liable for the debts of an organisation they belong to nor even a company since they are 'limited liability'. When you leave membership payments cease and that's that, there is never a 'leaving fee'  since it's your choice to leave and you are not penalised by doing so. Wake up Mobers! There having us on! It's a Scam!!!

Online msmob

« Reply #1503 on: June 10, 2019, 04:59:56 AM »
I'm sorry, Trench - but we contracted an annual contribution to the EU and 'leaving' before that contract ends is 'OUR' problem

It would be akin to non-payment of a Sovereign debt ..

Do you understand what that means for UK PLC's 'credit score' ?

'We' owe, and non payment would mean we'd pay more interest on govt borrowing and STILL have to pay

No 'scam' - just Trench - being clueless - as usual

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1504 on: June 11, 2019, 09:24:29 AM »
I'm sorry, Trench - but we contracted an annual contribution to the EU and 'leaving' before that contract ends is 'OUR' problem

It would be akin to non-payment of a Sovereign debt ..

Do you understand what that means for UK PLC's 'credit score' ?

'We' owe, and non payment would mean we'd pay more interest on govt borrowing and STILL have to pay

No 'scam' - just Trench - being clueless - as usual

We owe the EU nothing, they are sucking off us like leaches, they have no hold over us. It's all academic anyway, soon the EU will be heading towards bankruptcy as Western European members say enough is enough. No point pointlessly flushing money away we do not owe to an organisation the will soon no longer exist.

Well the Tory Leadership contest is underway, one Tory Remoaner out already, didn't even get enough support to enter in the end, lol. Guess the few Remoaners left in the Tory Party are busy keeping their heads down trying to prevent their own ousting from the party and electoral annialation.

Online msmob

« Reply #1505 on: June 11, 2019, 10:02:16 AM »
Hello, Trenchie

Still managing to post like you understand nought, I see

We owe the EU nothing, they are sucking off us like leaches, they have no hold over us. It's all academic anyway, soon the EU will be heading towards bankruptcy as Western European members say enough is enough. No point pointlessly flushing money away we do not owe to an organisation the will soon no longer exist.

Whether you / we like it or not - we are a member of the club and if we wish to leave, ( which the maj. of us now don't )  must pay the contribution to the club we contracted to ...

IF we don't pay - we wil pay in greater interest on borrowings .. this has already been explained..  If Boris  - or any other 'no dealer' wins they will wake up to reality and compromise ... this is just BS for muppets who will swallow tosh - ( that's you) 

Well the Tory Leadership contest is underway, one Tory Remoaner out already, didn't even get enough support to enter in the end, lol. Guess the few Remoaners left in the Tory Party are busy keeping their heads down trying to prevent their own ousting from the party and electoral annialation.

Sam Gyimah, was the only contender backing another referendum on Brexit ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48584011

Can't get ANYTHING right - as usual ! ;)

50 quid - there'll be no 'no deal' exit - if all ! ( Mr Chicken )

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1506 on: June 11, 2019, 04:12:25 PM »
Hello, Trenchie

Still managing to post like you understand nought, I see

Whether you / we like it or not - we are a member of the club and if we wish to leave, ( which the maj. of us now don't )  must pay the contribution to the club we contracted to ...

IF we don't pay - we wil pay in greater interest on borrowings .. this has already been explained..  If Boris  - or any other 'no dealer' wins they will wake up to reality and compromise ... this is just BS for muppets who will swallow tosh - ( that's you) 

Sam Gyimah, was the only contender backing another referendum on Brexit ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48584011

Can't get ANYTHING right - as usual ! ;)

50 quid - there'll be no 'no deal' exit - if all ! ( Mr Chicken )

I would rather the country pay higher interest rates if that what it came to rather than give into the EU and think they call the shots. I'm hoping Boris will be the candidate that tells the EU to stuff it's deal and go for a No Deal Brexit whatever the situation. Never let anyone take a position of power over you.

Online msmob

« Reply #1507 on: June 11, 2019, 10:01:16 PM »
I would rather the country pay higher interest rates if that what it came to rather than give into the EU and think they call the shots. I'm hoping Boris will be the candidate that tells the EU to stuff it's deal and go for a No Deal Brexit whatever the situation. Never let anyone take a position of power over you.

Muppet

YOU won't pay 'higher interest rates'

There'll need to be a way to raise the extra money the govt will need .. tax .. or reduction in public spending

Wow, another area where you 'excel'.

As ever, you ducked the 50 -... NO CLUE, NO CONVICTION ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1508 on: June 12, 2019, 12:29:29 AM »
Muppet

YOU won't pay 'higher interest rates'

There'll need to be a way to raise the extra money the govt will need .. tax .. or reduction in public spending

Wow, another area where you 'excel'.

As ever, you ducked the 50 -... NO CLUE, NO CONVICTION ..

It's all over for you Mobers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48602988

Final defeat for you and your Remoaners will soon be at hand once Boris gets in :D

We should leave whatever the obstacles put in front of us, Boris here tends to agree :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1509 on: June 12, 2019, 03:58:35 AM »
So you'll be betting me 50 GBP?))

Online msmob

« Reply #1510 on: June 12, 2019, 05:22:00 AM »
Boris flummoxed..

This is the guy you are putting faith in?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=urR5GwsOB8A

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1511 on: June 12, 2019, 06:06:23 AM »
Boris flummoxed..

This is the guy you are putting faith in?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=urR5GwsOB8A

See Trump won on Mexico and got a good deal with them Mobers. You were wrong there, you are wrong here also. When we break free from the EU we'll be able to get better deals. Hopefully Boris will be the one to do thst, if not Farage will :) Time to turncoat again Mobers and get on board.

Online msmob

« Reply #1512 on: June 12, 2019, 06:34:19 AM »
See Trump won on Mexico and got a good deal with them Mobers. You were wrong there, you are wrong here also. When we break free from the EU we'll be able to get better deals. Hopefully Boris will be the one to do thst, if not Farage will :) Time to turncoat again Mobers and get on board.

WHAT ARE you blathering about, Trench...I said Mexico will not pay for any 'wall'..

If you knew anything about the US ..ever been?...You would know that not a few Presidents have tried protectionism and failed....sending the world into recession and real wars..

As a US Soya farmer, a California wine grower or a Harley Davidson employee how well  this latest idiotic 'war' is working out for them.

Do you think America first includes 'us'?)

Boris wasn't elected and Farage has failed, already...in a 'leave' seat...

No wonder you will not take my bet..))

Online msmob

« Reply #1513 on: June 12, 2019, 07:14:07 AM »
Hey Trench

Read this? Not good for anyone campaigning on delivering what I KEEP saying is undeliverable...

I know you will say, I do not care...

Sensible folks do...

Are YOU sensible?..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-boris-johnson-medicine-supply-drug-stockpile-nhs-a8955021.html

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1514 on: June 12, 2019, 10:09:15 AM »
Hey Trench

Read this? Not good for anyone campaigning on delivering what I KEEP saying is undeliverable...

I know you will say, I do not care...

Sensible folks do...

Are YOU sensible?..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-boris-johnson-medicine-supply-drug-stockpile-nhs-a8955021.html

Yet another Remoan defeat in the Houses of Parliament this afternoon:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48613921

Labour's bill to attempt to stop a No Deal Brexit in October and bind the government's hands defeated by 11votes. I thought they might be in danger of getting it through but it seems support for blocking a No Deal Brexit is ebbing away in  Parliament as MP's come around to the idea :)

The article you quote is just more BS from a Remoan supporting newspaper. The NHS etc have been preparing for No Deal Brexit on the 31st March so they have all had loads of time. Ready or not and regardless of any consequences we MUST leave on the 31st, giving into Remoaners is not an option.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:14:09 AM by Trenchcoat »

Online msmob

« Reply #1515 on: June 13, 2019, 01:49:29 AM »
Dear Trench

I am MOST disappointed that the DUP failed to support the motion - but if you knew stuff - which you clearly don't - there is no love lost between Corbyn and Ulster Loyalism - who do not trust him one iota - him favouring a United Ireland - so I was tewlling folk not to expect their 'support' at this juncture ..

This was about giving Corbyn a bloody nose - no more ...

When it came to ( and will come to ) the crunch time whereby a 'no deal' exit from the EU is planned - the DUP will - like they FINALLY did to Mrs May - vote with remain - rather than see a hard brexit

They seek a soft brexit and they represent c. 30% of N.I voters  - if you look at the recent EU votes - they came in 3rd place - after all three preferences were analyised

If you are feeling so 'confident' - you'd be acceping my 50 wager, right ?  :ROFL:

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1516 on: June 13, 2019, 07:41:40 AM »
However you wish to frame it Mobers it was yet another Remoan defeat. The country has been moving more towards Leave since the referendum as Brexit becomes a mainstream notion.

In other news out today, our boy Boris is storming ahead in the Tory Leadership Election:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48624579

Big surprise was that Andrea Leadsom going out so early in the race compared toher second place finish in the last Tory Leadership Election. That and three going out and not just one. Still too many to bother following that closely though. More to be knocked out next week.

Online msmob

« Reply #1517 on: June 13, 2019, 08:35:32 AM »
More silly words and you are still not accepting my bet... Don't you have any conviction, Trench?

There's lots of stuff on the net showing Boris' gaffes and fibs.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1518 on: June 13, 2019, 04:25:54 PM »
More silly words and you are still not accepting my bet... Don't you have any conviction, Trench?

There's lots of stuff on the net showing Boris' gaffes and fibs.

Well lots of cha, cha, changes here tonight. Change UK have changed their name to The Independent Group for Change. Perhaps that what they meant by change, just not being able to make up their mind on themselves and wanting others to vote for that, lol. Their name so far is the only thing they have managed to change!

Meanwhile ex-Change UK MP Chuka turncoats once again and joins the Lib Dems. Who would have thought he would find himself their with ex-Tory voting supporters like you Mobers ;D

Looks like he decided to head for safer ground and leave his former Independent/Change friends high and dry. What a courageous move by the man!

Nothing but a lot of dimwits floundering around, meanwhile the now longer winded The Independent Group for Change ambles on to split the votes of the Remain crowd, couldn't have worked out better really, General Election anyone?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:14:07 PM by Trenchcoat »

Online msmob

« Reply #1519 on: June 13, 2019, 09:15:33 PM »
Trench,

Change...or what ever they call themselves HAVE  MPs in the HoC....

They make a difference in this Parliament..

Is that why you are devoting so much time to them and avoiding the bet?)

Talking of 'turncoats'.. Some Tories left to join UKIP..then moved to thebrexitparty.com...  are any of them sitting in the house...?

Online tfcrew

• North Texas
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1520 on: June 16, 2019, 03:35:08 PM »
Boris Johnson could face vote of no confidence if he becomes PM says SNP leader     
SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford has said he would "sound out" the possibility of a vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson if the Tory leadership front-runner became Prime Minister. Mr Blackford said that Johnson's commitment to leaving the EU on October 31 with or without a Brexit deak was "prepared to follow a scorched earth policy" on Brexit which would have a "disastrous outcome" for Scotland and as a result "one of the options is to test the appetite for a motion of no confidence".   In the Sunday National Mr Blackford said: "Let's be clear, this man is prepared to follow a scorched earth policy where he is prepared to deliver a no deal when all the evidence points to the disastrous outcome for the economy of Scotland where we could lost up to 100,000 jobs."   He added the damage of Brexit to the Scottish economy could be "up to five times as damaging as the financial crisis. We are still paying the price for the austerity the Tories brought in, they are threatening the livelihoods of Scottish people again."
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/boris-johnson-could-face-vote-of-no-confidence-if-he-becomes-pm-says-snp-leader-1-4948125

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1521 on: June 16, 2019, 04:46:28 PM »
Boris Johnson could face vote of no confidence if he becomes PM says SNP leader      http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/boris-johnson-could-face-vote-of-no-confidence-if-he-becomes-pm-says-snp-leader-1-4948125

A vote of no confidence could be brought but he is unlikely to lose it unless he alienates the DUP sufficiently, but the DUP have to weigh up potentially losing their cherished kingmaker position in parliament in a General Election that would follow. I think the DUP at the end of the day would likely have to accept some sort of hard border arrangements in return for leaving the EU. They can't continue to want to hold onto both cards of wanting to leave the EU and keeping an open border its just stupidity. Boris has the ability to win a General Elecyion on the right terms, Theresa May didn't. I don't think Boris would balk at calling an election if he thought the DUP, etc were insistant on having a hold over him that went beyond reasoned thinking. The Tories I think will support Boris in large enough numbers like they did Theresa May, since having to put up with Theresa and a different set of electing Tory MP's than Theresa had, i.e more Leave MP's due to the last General Election I think that Tories will be content enough to let Boris have a crack at it.   

Online msmob

« Reply #1522 on: June 17, 2019, 12:46:34 AM »
A vote of no confidence could be brought but he is unlikely to lose it unless he alienates the DUP sufficiently, but the DUP have to weigh up potentially losing their cherished kingmaker position in parliament in a General Election that would follow. I think the DUP at the end of the day would likely have to accept some sort of hard border arrangements in return for leaving the EU. They can't continue to want to hold onto both cards of wanting to leave the EU and keeping an open border its just stupidity. Boris has the ability to win a General Elecyion on the right terms, Theresa May didn't. I don't think Boris would balk at calling an election if he thought the DUP, etc were insistant on having a hold over him that went beyond reasoned thinking. The Tories I think will support Boris in large enough numbers like they did Theresa May, since having to put up with Theresa and a different set of electing Tory MP's than Theresa had, i.e more Leave MP's due to the last General Election I think that Tories will be content enough to let Boris have a crack at it.

:ROFL:

Trench

As you keep proving you are NO expert on such stuff - esp. N.I Politics

The DUP will not go for a 'hard Brexit' - they would be  votiong themselves into obscurity - they came THIRD in the EU elections

They will support the govt - but when it comes to crunch time - like Mrs May - boom !

Of course, they do NOT want a Labour govt ..  In any No confidence vote they'll vote with the Tories - right up until it is clear there's no other option ..

My 50 quid bet is always there to show how confident *I* am about what I post ;)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1523 on: June 18, 2019, 08:46:01 AM »
:ROFL:

Trench

As you keep proving you are NO expert on such stuff - esp. N.I Politics

The DUP will not go for a 'hard Brexit' - they would be  votiong themselves into obscurity - they came THIRD in the EU elections

They will support the govt - but when it comes to crunch time - like Mrs May - boom !

Of course, they do NOT want a Labour govt ..  In any No confidence vote they'll vote with the Tories - right up until it is clear there's no other option ..

My 50 quid bet is always there to show how confident *I* am about what I post ;)

Here's one for you Mober's: ;)

http://uk.yahoo.com/news/why-threat-early-election-makes-144600156.html
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:09:25 AM by Trenchcoat »

Online msmob

« Reply #1524 on: June 18, 2019, 10:55:21 PM »
Trench

The Tories are desperate - they seek a 'leader' ...choosing Boris would prove why I was better to vote elsewhere ((

It won't take long to realise the monumental folly .. this is the guy who promoted Turkey's EU memebership, not so long ago and he falls apart when the lie of 'leave' that Turkey would join the EU ( as some sort of 'fear' tactic ) is busted ....

He is full of it, inconsistent and being an orator will not save the Tories - or help in any election - which neithe the Tories or Labour want

But thanks - agaon - for proving how gullible you are

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9964
Latest: DianeShice
New This Month: 8
New This Week: 3
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 488090
Total Topics: 19357
Most Online Today: 1349