It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 94253 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1525 on: June 20, 2019, 11:58:30 AM »
Dear Trench,

as you are so 'confident' of the 'outcome' - WHY are you ducking my 50 bet ;)

We will NOT leave the EU in a 'no deal' scenario ... 

The only thing you got right is that neither Labour or the Tories want a General Election..and who can change that ? .. the DUP ..

We will see who needs 'educated' ...

Boris will lead us to a no deal on the 31st October :)

Final two chosen today and Boris is the front runner:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48711077

Not getting it done will lead to the Brexit Party coming to power at the next General Election. Enough incentive for Boris to go for No Deal :D
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1526 on: June 20, 2019, 12:04:54 PM »
Boris will lead us to a no deal on the 31st October :)

Final two chosen today and Boris is the front runner:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48711077

Not getting it done will lead to the Brexit Party coming to power at the next General Election. Enough incentive for Boris to go for No Deal :D

You can keep on with the 'mantra' - but the fact remains Boris cannot carry Parliament - and my 50 says you are full of it

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1527 on: June 20, 2019, 01:28:26 PM »
You can keep on with the 'mantra' - but the fact remains Boris cannot carry Parliament - and my 50 says you are full of it

Mobe, both the Tories and Labour want it done now that the Brexit Party stands to take seats and power from both of them. This puts Boris in a good position to get a No Deal Brexit through, one way or another.

Online msmob

« Reply #1528 on: June 20, 2019, 02:05:50 PM »
Mobe, both the Tories and Labour want it done now that the Brexit Party stands to take seats and power from both of them. This puts Boris in a good position to get a No Deal Brexit through, one way or another.

Well you cannot add up ..

May be  20 Labour MPs want some form of Brexit - but there's and equal - if not more - number of Tories who are pro-Remain

Trench has no conviction  - this is why he won't take up the 50 bet 

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1529 on: June 20, 2019, 04:14:49 PM »
Well you cannot add up ..

May be  20 Labour MPs want some form of Brexit - but there's and equal - if not more - number of Tories who are pro-Remain

Trench has no conviction  - this is why he won't take up the 50 bet

You've miscalculated Mobe, time for me to school you in maths ;D

You're forgetting the Labour MP's who will abstain from voting or just not turn up to vote. My workings estimate that there will be enough Labour rebels to carry the government vote before even getting to abstentions. Many just won't want to risk an election where they could lose their seat. They know the Tories will carry the can for Brexit so they are on pretty safe ground not to vote against it. Remember many Labour MP's are in strong Leave areas ;)

In past votes, Leave legislation has passed with just a few votes and most Remain attempts to seize control failed by a few votes. Looks like you're out of luck on this one Mobers!

I think you need to give some thought about where you'll be post a No Deal Brexit?

Online msmob

« Reply #1530 on: June 21, 2019, 01:19:14 AM »
You've miscalculated Mobe, time for me to school you in maths ;D

As you're going to see - I'm a little more clued up on arithmetic and FACTS that you ..;)

You're forgetting the Labour MP's who will abstain from voting or just not turn up to vote. My workings estimate that there will be enough Labour rebels to carry the government vote before even getting to abstentions. Many just won't want to risk an election where they could lose their seat. They know the Tories will carry the can for Brexit so they are on pretty safe ground not to vote against it. Remember many Labour MP's are in strong Leave areas ;)

In past votes, Leave legislation has passed with just a few votes and most Remain attempts to seize control failed by a few votes. Looks like you're out of luck on this one Mobers!

So how did your 'calculations' work out on: the number of times Mrs May's govt was defeated on Europe ?. I know the number .. Do tell us how 'your numbers' explain this ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Government_defeats_in_the_House_of_Commons_(1945%E2%80%93present)

It's the SAME parliamentary make up - so my 'numbers' haven't altered ..

I think you need to give some thought about where you'll be post a No Deal Brexit?

I know you'd be minus 50 - but you haven't got the courage of conviction - 'coz you know I'd be taking that 50 off you ..

WE WILL NOT BE LEAVING THE EU WITHOUT A DEAL - ON, OR BEFORE Oct 31st 2019

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1531 on: June 21, 2019, 02:40:30 AM »
As you're going to see - I'm a little more clued up on arithmetic and FACTS that you ..;)

So how did your 'calculations' work out on: the number of times Mrs May's govt was defeated on Europe ?. I know the number .. Do tell us how 'your numbers' explain this ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Government_defeats_in_the_House_of_Commons_(1945%E2%80%93present)

It's the SAME parliamentary make up - so my 'numbers' haven't altered ..

I know you'd be minus 50 - but you haven't got the courage of conviction - 'coz you know I'd be taking that 50 off you ..

WE WILL NOT BE LEAVING THE EU WITHOUT A DEAL - ON, OR BEFORE Oct 31st 2019

Mobe the European Union (withdrawal) Act 2018 passed through Parliament and the associated legislation on Customs, etc. Also all of the Remainers attempts in Parliament for a second referendum have failed and numerous other Remain votes.

Boris has promised to leave on the 31st October:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1143244/boris-johnson-tory-leadership-michael-gove-bbc-debate-sky-news-video

Time to put your Remoaning in the EU dreams to bed Mobers :D

Online msmob

« Reply #1532 on: June 21, 2019, 02:59:04 AM »
 Trench,

I know this is hard for you - but do TRY not to obfuscate ..

You raised the matter of numbers .. I put you straight

Your 'strap-line' tells us your viewpoint - but you have no conviction - you are as deluded as ANY replacement Tory leader

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1533 on: June 21, 2019, 06:24:22 PM »
Trench,

I know this is hard for you - but do TRY not to obfuscate ..

You raised the matter of numbers .. I put you straight

Your 'strap-line' tells us your viewpoint - but you have no conviction - you are as deluded as ANY replacement Tory leader

Mobe, there is a democratic mandate that should not be overturned, Remainers lost, end off.

Online msmob

« Reply #1534 on: June 21, 2019, 09:39:03 PM »
Mobe, there is a democratic mandate that should not be overturned, Remainers lost, end off.

Once again,

1/ The result was proven to be legally NON-BINDING

2/ The polls KEEP showing there is no appetite to leave, now

3/ So what's undemoncratic about giving the people the final say on any 'deal, 'no deal' or saying SHOVE i, three years on and a LOT wiser ?

Put up or SHUT UP ! ..

PS Looks like Boris is already proving good in a crisis .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48721211
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 04:09:33 AM by msmob »

Online msmob

« Reply #1535 on: June 21, 2019, 11:20:26 PM »
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/06/uk-conservative-mp-chris-davies-ousted-constituents-190621114720837.html

UK: Conservative MP Chris Davies removed by constituents
The removal of expenses-fiddling member of parliament leaves minority Conservative government with even less authority.

Another 'leave' constituency of June 2016  - which the Brexit Party will try to win ... but

"Plaid Cymru, which won just three percent of the Welsh constituency's vote in 2017, has hinted it would be willing to work with other anti-Brexit parties - such as the Liberal Democrats, which scored nearly 30 percent of the 2017 vote - to defeat the Conservatives and Labour. The Conservatives won the seat with 48 percent of voters backing them."

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1536 on: June 22, 2019, 03:53:51 AM »
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/06/uk-conservative-mp-chris-davies-ousted-constituents-190621114720837.html

UK: Conservative MP Chris Davies removed by constituents
The removal of expenses-fiddling member of parliament leaves minority Conservative government with even less authority.

Another 'leave' constituency of June 2016  - which the Brexit Party will try to win ... but

"Plaid Cymru, which won just three percent of the Welsh constituency's vote in 2017, has hinted it would be willing to work with other anti-Brexit parties - such as the Liberal Democrats, which scored nearly 30 percent of the 2017 vote - to defeat the Conservatives and Labour. The Conservatives won the seat with 48 percent of voters backing them."

I've seen from non terrorist sources ;)

All depends on who is willing to give way and how to organise and co-operate. I personally don't see any off them doing such on either Leave, Remain or other parties in that By-election.

Shame that a Leave MP is going but if he didn't do the right thing then little choice. A remain MP being elected there could shift the balance to too few votes for what Boris wants to do in Parliament. My guesses are that the Brexit Party will take this one. If not and Boris can organise with them he may well call a General Election.

Online msmob

« Reply #1537 on: June 22, 2019, 04:11:02 AM »
Muppet

There's already TOO FEW .. I keep explaining this to  you..  The DUP - will NOT support a 'no deal' Brexit

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1538 on: June 23, 2019, 03:01:02 AM »
Once again,

1/ The result was proven to be legally NON-BINDING

2/ The polls KEEP showing there is no appetite to leave, now

3/ So what's undemoncratic about giving the people the final say on any 'deal, 'no deal' or saying SHOVE i, three years on and a LOT wiser ?

Put up or SHUT UP ! ..

PS Looks like Boris is already proving good in a crisis .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48721211

Appears the recording was politically motivated by a Remoaner. All a lot about nothing.

Mobe, there remains a democratic mandate whether you like it or not, no amount of your whinging and whineing can overturn that, you lost.

Please also stop using your Jonny Major phrase, he was an unpopular and useless PM.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1539 on: June 23, 2019, 03:02:49 AM »
Muppet

There's already TOO FEW .. I keep explaining this to  you..  The DUP - will NOT support a 'no deal' Brexit

Boris will get the job done, if he doesn't then Farage will be voted in to power. There's big support to leave the EU in the country Mobe :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1540 on: June 23, 2019, 03:23:14 AM »
Appears the recording was politically motivated by a Remoaner. All a lot about nothing.

'Ri-ight' .. the 'remoaner' got Boris to have a spat with his g/f  :ROFL:

Mobe, there remains a democratic mandate whether you like it or not, no amount of your whinging and whineing can overturn that, you lost.

Three years ago and it wasn't legally binding - so why are so SO worried about confirming any deal Parliament might put to the people ?

Please also stop using your Jonny Major phrase, he was an unpopular and useless PM.

Huh?  Do you mean ... John Major was an unpopular / useless PM ?

THAT would 'explain' why he won another five years when just about everyone had written him off ...   

His govt was ruined by Euro septic ' Bar-stwards'  and corrupt MPs

Online msmob

« Reply #1541 on: June 23, 2019, 03:26:16 AM »
Boris will get the job done, if he doesn't then Farage will be voted in to power. There's big support to leave the EU in the country Mobe :)

Bigger to remain ...

How is Boris doing in this mornings Gen Public polls, Trench  ... BEHIND his rival

The Tory members - who will 'decide' our 'leader' ...  STILL thinking - though in much smaller numbers..Boris

So, who is out of touch with reality and the public .....  ?   The Tories

http://metro.co.uk/2019/06/23/jeremy-hunt-ahead-tory-leadership-polls-boris-johnsons-popularity-takes-hit-10031360/

Online msmob

« Reply #1542 on: June 23, 2019, 04:45:49 AM »
Our Trench is 'worried' about democracy

The lastest poll:

52 percent remain

48 percent leave

Sounds familiar re percentages - just the sentiment is REMAIN

http://tinyurl.com/morebadnewsfortrench

Consistent, I'd say

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1543 on: June 23, 2019, 10:27:50 AM »

Bigger to remain ...

How is Boris doing in this mornings Gen Public polls, Trench  ... BEHIND his rival

The Tory members - who will 'decide' our 'leader' ...  STILL thinking - though in much smaller numbers..Boris

So, who is out of touch with reality and the public .....  ?   The Tories

http://metro.co.uk/2019/06/23/jeremy-hunt-ahead-tory-leadership-polls-boris-johnsons-popularity-takes-hit-10031360/

A glitch but as the article shows itself not likely to have any long term affect, Boris is already bouncing back. Ballot papers haven't even reached Tory members yet and that is where the vote happens.

If by some god awful chance Jeremy Hunt wins it it would just be a case of having a Theresa May in trousers. He is ex-remain or so he makes out and unless he delivers on Brexit in a decent way the Brexit Party would wipe the Tories out at the next General Election.

I personally still think the Tories will go for someone with electability like Boris. They won't want to risk another mistake of an unpopularist like Theresa May/Jeremy Hunt.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1544 on: June 23, 2019, 10:31:36 AM »
Our Trench is 'worried' about democracy

The lastest poll:

52 percent remain

48 percent leave

Sounds familiar re percentages - just the sentiment is REMAIN

http://tinyurl.com/morebadnewsfortrench

Consistent, I'd say

So no noticeable shift then, if anything even your poll of polls showing the gap narrowing again. So nothing substantial enough as a reason for another referendum, only polls that show once again it could go either way. Remember how far ahead Remain were in the polls before the 2016 Referendum Mobe, far more than a 4 percent difference, and remind me again who won that?

Online msmob

« Reply #1545 on: June 24, 2019, 03:18:57 AM »
A glitch but as the article shows itself not likely to have any long term affect, Boris is already bouncing back. Ballot papers haven't even reached Tory members yet and that is where the vote happens.

If by some god awful chance Jeremy Hunt wins it it would just be a case of having a Theresa May in trousers. He is ex-remain or so he makes out and unless he delivers on Brexit in a decent way the Brexit Party would wipe the Tories out at the next General Election.

I personally still think the Tories will go for someone with electability like Boris. They won't want to risk another mistake of an unpopularist like Theresa May/Jeremy Hunt.

A 'glitch' ;)   

As I posted - the Tory members choose and they 'love' Boris - so we can see how out of touch with reality they are, now

As you YOU ... Hunt is  suggesting HE can take us out of the EU and overcome Parliamnt and is challenging Borius to a live debate ..   They BOTH support your 'wet dream '..

50 still says it won't happen

So no noticeable shift then, if anything even your poll of polls showing the gap narrowing again. So nothing substantial enough as a reason for another referendum, only polls that show once again it could go either way. Remember how far ahead Remain were in the polls before the 2016 Referendum Mobe, far more than a 4 percent difference, and remind me again who won that?

Actually, it is as you say closer - but REMAIN have led for over a year and the margin of error is 2/3 percent ...   The 2016 polls were closer

Well, it was just a reminder to show how remain is xlearly in favour with the electorate ... and why you'll lose your 50 - if you were man enough to back your daft notions with conviction

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 06:17:58 AM by msmob »

Online Maxx2

« Reply #1546 on: June 24, 2019, 05:11:45 AM »

Actually, it is as you say closer - but REMAIN have led for over a year and the margin of error is 2/3 percent ...   The 2016 polls were closer

Wondering out loud here. I wonder if implementing of all vote decisions were delayed long enough for people to change their minds how things would turn out for democracy? Would the vote having meaning at all? Who would decide what proceeds forward rapidly and what doesn't? Perhaps the UK needs an electoral college?

Online msmob

« Reply #1547 on: June 24, 2019, 05:32:52 AM »
Haha

It already has an unfair means of deciding representation in three of the four nations that make up the UK ...we don't need yours ;)

You vote for a President every four years....  THEY are BINDING election results ...

'Our' Surpreme Court told us that the referendum 'result' wasn't ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1548 on: June 24, 2019, 08:22:30 AM »
Haha

It already has an unfair means of deciding representation in three of the four nations that make up the UK ...we don't need yours ;)

You vote for a President every four years....  THEY are BINDING election results ...

'Our' Surpreme Court told us that the referendum 'result' wasn't ..

The Supreme Court were wrong, probably made up my of Remoaners. In any democracy a democratic vote by the people should be regarded as automatically binding unless explicitly made clear otherwise before the vote. The referendum was passed by an act of Parliament and our PM at the time told us the vote would be abided by either way even if there was only one vote in it, with all of that there really shouldn't be need for anything else, was perfectly clear to me that it was a binding vote just like at General Election. It's Remainers that question it's legitimacy even though legislation through the HofP had been passed that threaten to destabilise the country. If agreements can't be abided by one side insists on reneging on what was accepted at the time as a the defining means to settle the matter then we just have chaos. I doubt Moby would be arguing the same had Remain won the referendum.

Maxx had a valid point, it would be bizzare going to vote in a referendum knowing that another would likely need be held in a few months or year or two time if a poll showed a slightly different outcome might be the case. I mean what if you had a standing vote you could change at any time, no government could operate on that basis it would be a total paralysis with decision being changed back and forth all the time, lol.

Online msmob

« Reply #1549 on: June 24, 2019, 08:39:07 AM »
The Supreme Court were wrong,

I 'see' - so the Judges - recommended by TORY PMs are 'biased' against 'brexit' ?  :ROFL: [/quote]

Yet AGAIN, Trench proves he's cluesless

Maxx had a valid point, it would be bizzare going to vote in a referendum knowing that another would likely need be held in a few months or year or two time if a poll showed a slightly different outcome might be the case. I mean what if you had a standing vote you could change at any time, no government could operate on that basis it would be a total paralysis with decision being changed back and forth all the time, lol.

No, he didn't bearing in mind the vote was only 'advisory' ..

Just admit it, you fear a binding vote  result

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9967
Latest: Frrrrrrt
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 489454
Total Topics: 19385
Most Online Today: 1169