It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 83950 times)

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1575 on: July 05, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »
Jaguar  announces a huge investment in building electric cars in the UK.

No comment about this from Moby I note...I wonder why ?

« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 07:03:37 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1576 on: July 05, 2019, 06:53:33 PM »
Boethius.

Did you miss the bit about this Polish trafficking gang running the largest EVER case of human trafficking/modern slavery in the UK.?

Your attempts at deflection didn't hit the spot.
Just saying it like it is.

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1577 on: July 05, 2019, 08:19:57 PM »
Yes because Georgia gets paid money taken from us and  other western EU nations if/when they join up. We in the meantime are suffering while our government finances are leeched by the EU without us being able to do anything about it, hence the 'slave & shackle' likeness.

Of course you would be happy to see our nation get punished into poverty while East European nations get wealthy at our expense then end up competing against us. It's pure idiocy Mobe and there is no reason UK people should be subjected to this torture just for working hard to get ahead only to be penalised by the EU for it and made to suffer.

Interesting how the EU expose laissez-faire economics then want to interfere to boost their ego by going on a reconstruction project of East European nations with West European nations dosh. Like it or not everyone on this forum is benefitting out of the economic differential between Western Nations and Eastern Europe, it's what motivates FSW to go on International Dating websites, sure many who get with a WM only do so as they fall in love with them, but if the economic differential was not there few FSW would do. Look at countries like Poland for example, few women from there on International Dating sites. Time to wake up Mobers ;)

1. Why would I be looking at a dating site to disprove what is probably another of your daft 'theoties:?

2. I see Frenchie is back to 'costs' of EU membership / supporting poorer member nations....So, Trench.....what does in cost you per day?  Give us the figure....

3.  I am the guy that goes to cities and enjoys making contacts ....not the one that sits in parks over a long weekend, drooling over '9's and 10's' and making pronouncements on that nation's dating scene...

I am wonderfully awake, thanks....;)

I am the chap you will not bet 50 quid with .. that ''we will not leave the EU with a no deal scenario....''

« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 10:07:29 PM by msmob »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1578 on: July 05, 2019, 09:13:20 PM »
Boethius.

Did you miss the bit about this Polish trafficking gang running the largest EVER case of human trafficking/modern slavery in the UK.?

Still irrelevant to Brexit.  All that tells me is that your police force isn't very efficient.
Your attempts at deflection didn't hit the spot.

You assume far, far too much.  It wasn't an attempt at deflection.  I care not one whit whether the UK leaves the EU or stays.  It has ZERO effect on my life, just as I'm certain you don't care who is the next PM of Canada.

All I was pointing out was that the human trafficking ring is irrelevant to the Brexit issue.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
To love someone means to see him as God intended him. - Fyodor Dostoevksy

Online msmob

« Reply #1579 on: July 05, 2019, 10:05:42 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/05/pro-emain-parties-strike-brecon-and-radnorshire-byelection-pact-to-fight-conservatives?

Wonderful news..

The Tories will be 'fighting' for the 'leave' voters while the Lib Dems will walk the seat and the govt's 'working majority' will be down to THREE.

That 'working majority' assumes DUP support..

Online Trenchcoat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1580 on: July 07, 2019, 08:13:53 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/05/pro-emain-parties-strike-brecon-and-radnorshire-byelection-pact-to-fight-conservatives?

Wonderful news..

The Tories will be 'fighting' for the 'leave' voters while the Lib Dems will walk the seat and the govt's 'working majority' will be down to THREE.

That 'working majority' assumes DUP support..

At the moment that unfortunately looks to be the case. Add to that fresh rumblings if discontent among the Remoaners left in the Tory Party over a possible No Deal Brexit and we could be on to a General Election. The by Election takes place on the 1st August so after the new Tory Party Leader and hence new PM is announced on the 22nd of this month.

In a General Election or he same vote deals are unlikely to occur. They might occur amount the Brexit Party and the Tories as the Brexit Party is a new party and Farage can most likely call the shots more than other parties in the candidates it fields or not fields.

All a case of how it plays out. Boris has said he will seek to make agreements on the parts of the EU Deal they can both agree on if the EU is agreeable to this. That is unlikely to mean any trade deal. Doesn't bother me but I'm guessing such ab approach won't be enough for Remoaners in the Tory Party and they will call it a No Deal for what has previously been described as a managed No Deal.

Boris could of course call an end to the Parliamentary session to get us out under a No Deal :) All up in the air at the moment so we'll just have to see how it plays out in the coming weeks.
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1581 on: July 08, 2019, 01:08:45 AM »
BBC News - Former Brexit chief: We should all worry about no deal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48901055

Trench isn't but then this guy HAS a clue)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1582 on: July 08, 2019, 08:13:30 AM »
BBC News - Former Brexit chief: We should all worry about no deal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48901055

Trench isn't but then this guy HAS a clue)

A misrepresentation of what the guy said by taking a one liner. In the whole statement the guy said the Civil Service is prepared for Brexit and that any change is of course has the potential to cause issues. There's no big elephant in the room here as the title/one liner suggests rather instead it points out that Brexit can be handled adequately and good preparations have been made to for that.

Online msmob

« Reply #1583 on: July 08, 2019, 10:21:59 AM »
Trench

Do tell us how the civil service is prepared in the Ireland's.....

Thank you

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1584 on: July 09, 2019, 12:10:50 AM »
Trench

Do tell us how the civil service is prepared in the Ireland's.....

Thank you

I've seen the NI documents detailing extensive arrangements that are to be implemented first hand.

They explain should that cantankerous old Irishman be seen crossing the border (they mean you) then you are to be apprehended and arse spanked most vigorously by a butch lesbian Ulster Unionist :crackwhip: :cheesy:

Online msmob

« Reply #1585 on: July 09, 2019, 02:41:01 AM »
I am guessing that attempt at 'humour' was you confirming you ...like both sides ..haven't got a Scoobie how to monitor goods and people across a border that is bound by a binding agreement of 100 years

As I keep pointing out..it will not happen

Online msmob

« Reply #1586 on: July 09, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48919695

Bloomin' 'eck...  Corbyn woke up to reality..... May be a bit late for Labour to be trusted?

Now, with 30 plus Tory rebels and far less Labour 'leave' supporting MPs...we may actually control our destiny...NOT an unelected ( save for 160k Tory party members) Tory brextremists...

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1587 on: July 09, 2019, 01:35:19 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48919695

Bloomin' 'eck...  Corbyn woke up to reality..... May be a bit late for Labour to be trusted?

Now, with 30 plus Tory rebels and far less Labour 'leave' supporting MPs...we may actually control our destiny...NOT an unelected ( save for 160k Tory party members) Tory brextremists...

What are you banging on about Moby you idiot all Tory Party Brextremist (as you call them) MP's ARE elected.

Labour's position hasn't really changed that much, Corbyn sai they would call for a public vote on a Tory deal or a Tory No Deal, that's all. It's the media that are soundbiting for big one liners and catchy headlines again. Labour's policy is a mess on Brexit, Corbyn is just playing games with Labour policy, passifying Remainers in the party by announcing a limited call for a referendum on a Tory deal or Tory no deal he knows will mean nothing as nothing is likely to come of it as Labour are in opposition. He has stated that he will only announce Labour's General Election position when that time comes.

Mobe, JC is not wanting to firmly take sides, he's not stupid he remembers the 80's and how doing so can wreak a party's electability. He can't afford to lose half of Labour's voters, he needs the ones that are voting UKIP or Brexit Party to come back. He will only lose seats by permanently alienating one side, he will never gain seats by doing this. If he permanently alienates them it may be a long while if ever that they may come back. Use your noggin Mobers ;)

Online msmob

« Reply #1588 on: July 09, 2019, 10:11:04 PM »
What are you banging on about Moby you idiot all Tory Party Brextremist (as you call them) MP's ARE elected.

The 'idiot' conceyes that I could have been clearer, in thaI referred to the policy of a new leader ....The public did not elect him and the polls consistently  demonstrate he will not be acting in the majority viewpoint......clear?

When May called an election she got a REMAIN leaning parliament... If our new ( unelected) 'leader called another GE, it is likely than the Tories would lose more seats to Remain parties...

Labour's position hasn't really changed that much, Corbyn sai they would call for a public vote on a Tory deal or a Tory No Deal, that's all. It's the media that are soundbiting for big one liners and catchy headlines again. Labour's policy is a mess on Brexit, Corbyn is just playing games with Labour policy, passifying Remainers in the party by announcing a limited call for a referendum on a Tory deal or Tory no deal he knows will mean nothing as nothing is likely to come of it as Labour are in opposition. He has stated that he will only announce Labour's General Election position when that time comes.

It is, of course, a major policy  shift that means the vast majority of parties and by percentage of seats held in this parliament, that a public vote on any government deal or no deal with the EU must be held.....

Mobe, JC is not wanting to firmly take sides, he's not stupid he remembers the 80's and how doing so can wreak a party's electability. He can't afford to lose half of Labour's voters, he needs the ones that are voting UKIP or Brexit Party to come back. He will only lose seats by permanently alienating one side, he will never gain seats by doing this. If he permanently alienates them it may be a long while if ever that they may come back. Use your noggin Mobers ;)

The irony of you asking me to use my noggin is not lost on me...

Corbyn has made a policy statement on a second referendum during the life of this Parliament. 

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1589 on: July 10, 2019, 03:41:02 AM »
The 'idiot' conceyes that I could have been clearer, in thaI referred to the policy of a new leader ....The public did not elect him and the polls consistently  demonstrate he will not be acting in the majority viewpoint......clear?

When May called an election she got a REMAIN leaning parliament... If our new ( unelected) 'leader called another GE, it is likely than the Tories would lose more seats to Remain parties...

It is, of course, a major policy  shift that means the vast majority of parties and by percentage of seats held in this parliament, that a public vote on any government deal or no deal with the EU must be held.....

The irony of you asking me to use my noggin is not lost on me...

Corbyn has made a policy statement on a second referendum during the life of this Parliament.

:deadhorse:

Mobe, May went to a General Election and got a less Remain leaning Parliament then at present and that was with her bungaling the election by taking bad advice on matters other than Brexit. Already you are trumping our the Boris is not elected as PM line. A sitting government does not have to call a General Election when they have a new PM, they was still elected to form a government and were voted in power individualy by each constituency not nationally from a party list.

Boris probably won't call a General Election until some time after Brexit is delivered. Farage is unlikely to be willing to stand the Brexit Party down as he will say if the PM wishes to deliver Vrexit he only has to go to the 31st October, little more than three months away now. He will know by standing aside it will take the needed pressure of the PM to deliver Brexit on the 31st October. So he won't want to be doing that. The Tory Party PM will know that a General Election with the Brexit Party involved will go badly for them.

So we're looking highly likely that we will leave on the 31st October this time :D Most likely by a closing of the Parliamentary session :D

"Corbyn has made a policy statement on a second referendum during the life of this Parliament."

Yes, 'during the life of this Parliament' in which he does not hold a Majority to support this position so is in affect a worthless policy announcement done of course to placate the Remain idiots in his party who are too thick to realise he's done a number on them and are lapping it up, lol. He has not said any second referendum will have an option to 'Remain' only to vote for or against a deal or no deal Tory Brexit. So the Lib Dems are unlikely to support it as are Labour Leave MP's and possibly lack support for it among Tory Remain rebels.

What he has done is deliver a time limited statement that has no meaning what so ever. When the next GE comes up he will then be talking about what Labour intend to do for the NEXT parliament and can abandon this 'policy statement' he had just made. A statement that in this Parliament he falls woefully short if the MP's vote to ever deliver it IF he ever tabled it or another tables it in the first place. Mobe, it's never going to see the light of day, lol, you really do need to work harder to understand the thinking going on behind these announcements.

Online msmob

« Reply #1590 on: July 12, 2019, 10:51:11 AM »
Trench, repeating bollox will not make it 'fact'..

The Tories LOST seats to the Lib Dems and Labour..totally or largely Remain parties.....

The seats they won in Soctland are largely Remain ..

What tiny part of your brain that functions could 'argue'  that May has a more leave leaning house ?

Labour are now clearing demanding a second referendum... You wet dream is nearly finished

http://data.london.gov.uk/apps_and_analysis/the-2017-general-election-the-numbers-behind-the-result/

The URL proves Trench is a Muppet by confirming the 2015 and 2017 results

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1591 on: July 13, 2019, 04:41:35 PM »
Trench, repeating bollox will not make it 'fact'..

The Tories LOST seats to the Lib Dems and Labour..totally or largely Remain parties.....

The seats they won in Soctland are largely Remain ..

What tiny part of your brain that functions could 'argue'  that May has a more leave leaning house ?

Labour are now clearing demanding a second referendum... You wet dream is nearly finished

http://data.london.gov.uk/apps_and_analysis/the-2017-general-election-the-numbers-behind-the-result/

The URL proves Trench is a Muppet by confirming the 2015 and 2017 results

Mobe, you need to read or re-read what Corbyn actually said not what the media or Remoaners subscribed to it. Corbyn is a cunning old boy, he's clearly pulled the wool over your eyes as well as Remoaners on his party, lol.

Now you can argue all you like Mobers. In just over a week now Boris will hopefully be elected. He will go for a Brexit in the 31st October and will likely suspended Parliament through ending the current Parliamentary session to get us there :) I'm sure you will be as happy as I on that one ;D

Online msmob

« Reply #1592 on: July 14, 2019, 04:19:50 AM »
I am not only 'arguing'...I am upping my wager to 100..

Despite all the numbers, and the Brecon by election being another win coming for REMAIN...You continue to post daft...

You do not have the courage of your convictions and Boris will have even LESS power to push through a 'no deal suicide mission'....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 12:01:51 PM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1593 on: July 14, 2019, 10:02:40 AM »
I am not only 'arguing'...I am hoping my wager to 100..

Despite all the numbers, and the Brecon by election being another win coming for REMAIN...You continue to post daft...

You do not have the courage of your convictions and Boris will have even LESS power to push through a 'no deal suicide mission'....

The Brecon by-election won't matter as soon as Boris gets in he can close the current Parliamentary session :D Then he just has to wait it out till the 31st, Parliament will be unable to  make him ask for another extension as they won't be in session. All Boris has to do till then is make any border arrangements and remaining preparations for Brexit. Welcome to the independent UK Mobers :clapping:

Online msmob

« Reply #1594 on: July 14, 2019, 12:07:53 PM »
My 100 quid says no one can run down the clock or stop parliament decreeing a public vote on how or if we leave,at all.

Only deluded and clueless folk think otherwise..

Good 'ol John Major will screw any Euro septics...

Keep watching this space and learn Trench....

Better you got out more and stopped arguing with folks that live the life you talk about.  .

Tonight, I am in Yerevan, Armenia....Saw lots of Iranian tourists and Iran cars...

Speaking more than a little Russian is useful .

Online msmob

« Reply #1595 on: July 14, 2019, 03:53:54 PM »
Poor 'ol Trench..

BBC News - Brexit: Philip Hammond warns UK will lose control in no-deal scenario
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48978739

The good news just keeps coming...

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1596 on: July 15, 2019, 03:57:12 PM »
Poor 'ol Trench..

BBC News - Brexit: Philip Hammond warns UK will lose control in no-deal scenario
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48978739

The good news just keeps coming...

He was more for Remain than Theresa May, he's just coming out with whatever to grind the axe for Remain. He will be gone when Boris comes in and replaced with someone with a bit more dynamic to him or her. He didn't really do much at all as Chancellor to improve the economy, a very unexciting sort of guy.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1597 on: July 15, 2019, 04:09:27 PM »
My 100 quid says no one can run down the clock or stop parliament decreeing a public vote on how or if we leave,at all.

Only deluded and clueless folk think otherwise..

Good 'ol John Major will screw any Euro septics...

Keep watching this space and learn Trench....

Better you got out more and stopped arguing with folks that live the life you talk about.  .

Tonight, I am in Yerevan, Armenia....Saw lots of Iranian tourists and Iran cars...

Speaking more than a little Russian is useful .

John Major has no power to do anything, neither does that other silly woman who is also again threatening high court action should Boris end the Parliamentary session. Boris is taking an entirely legal and constitutional route which he is entitled to do should he/when he becomes PM. So John Major, etc will fail he stands zero chance of stopping Boris, it's either all talk or he is once again going to prove how incompetent he is just when he was last in office and got a huge boot out in 97 from the electorate. They were sick to death of him and voted Labour in with a landslide victory. Major is a fool and it's hilarious that he wishes to take action against a new PM when he failed so utterly miserably as PM, he is really in no place to criticize Boris.

Anyway, I have recently started the next CD session up off Russian. It's going ok for me but still not the easiest of tasks as I'm not a natural language guy. If I had more time to be out there & work at it I would but I'm a bit limited on that also.

Online msmob

« Reply #1598 on: July 18, 2019, 03:05:57 AM »
John Major has no power to do anything, neither does that other silly woman who is also again threatening high court action should Boris end the Parliamentary session. Boris is taking an entirely legal and constitutional route which he is entitled to do should he/when he becomes PM. So John Major, etc will fail he stands zero chance of stopping Boris, it's either all talk or he is once again going to prove how incompetent he is just when he was last in office and got a huge boot out in 97 from the electorate. They were sick to death of him and voted Labour in with a landslide victory. Major is a fool and it's hilarious that he wishes to take action against a new PM when he failed so utterly miserably as PM, he is really in no place to criticize Boris.

Dear Trench, you live in a parqllel universe

1/ John Major won an election against all oods - so I'd not be too quick to write him off

2/ The 'silly woman' Gina Miller - raised an important legal issue, before - and has done so, again

3/ To cap it all the 'nasty' civil service have produced a report pointing out the financial folly of a 'no deal' Brexit..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49027889

No-deal Brexit will cause UK recession, says fiscal watchdog

'Thanks' but *I* seek a govt that looks after my tax - not one that will jump off a cliff - even  when it is clar it's 'plan' is not what the majority want

My 200 bet not tempting enough for you ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:28:53 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1599 on: July 18, 2019, 06:58:04 AM »
Dear Trench, you live in a parqllel universe

1/ John Major won an election against all oods - so I'd not be too quick to write him off

2/ The 'silly woman' Gina Miller - raised an important legal issue, before - and has doneso, again

3/ To cap it all the 'nasty' civil service have produced a report pointing out the financial folly of a 'no deal' Brexit..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49027889

No-deal Brexit will cause UK recession, says fiscal watchdog

'Thanks' but *I* seek a govt that looks after my tax - not one that will jump off a cliff - even  when it is clar it's 'plan' is not what the majority want

My 200 bet not tempting enough for you ?

200 bet is it now Mobers? You'll have to seek help for that gambling addiction of yours, lol.

Well it seems that its mostly foreigners that are wanting us to be forced into staying in the EU despite a democratic mandate to leave. Myself, well I was born in the UK and only carry one passport, a UK passport ;) I'm not backed by wealthy financiers and used as a puppet like Gina Miller to single handedly decide the fate of the country against the democratic wishes of the majority that voted in the Referendum.

I see more fear stories are circulating like they did during the referendum that will no doubt turn out to be unfounded as the referendum fear stories were if we voted to leave. Yet more remaining Remoaners in the establishment to clear out me thinks.

Well John Major won the 92 election as Neil Kinnock blundered with his 'roar red' idiocy at the last moment and scared of those considering voting Labour or just not voting Tory. In addition Kinnock had the same underlying problem of all his votes being concentrated in too few constituencies. Had there been a truely PR system Kinnock would have won the General Election even if it would mean forming a government with the Lib Dems. By 97 Blair was able to appeal to voters in other constituencies and the effect of years of recession that Major had done nothing to sort out helped give Labour a landslide victory. In 92 Major was kind of unknown so the electorate thought to give him a chance as a more softer alternative to Thatcher. The guy during his premiership priced his incompetence in epic proportions, 'never again' please Johny.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9961
Latest: Supremo247
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 3
New Today: 3
Stats
Total Posts: 487931
Total Topics: 19351
Most Online Today: 1344
Most Online Ever: 2480