It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 129365 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1600 on: July 18, 2019, 10:32:13 AM »
I'm getting no takers, Trench - so I upped the 'bait' ...

Well done on dodging the forecast from a govt body ;)

'Foreigners' ? The poll of polls prove otherwise - unless immigrants make up 55% of the population ...

No to Brexit, Yes to a People's Vote on Brexit, THEN a General Election

Online msmob

« Reply #1601 on: July 18, 2019, 12:57:40 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49030225

MPs have backed a bid to stop a new prime minister suspending Parliament to force through a no-deal Brexit.

You were saying, Trench ?

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1602 on: July 19, 2019, 01:25:45 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49030225

MPs have backed a bid to stop a new prime minister suspending Parliament to force through a no-deal Brexit.

You were saying, Trench ?

Utterly ridiculous! For Remoaners to keep blocking the path to what was decided in a democratic referendum vote is totally unacceptable. I believe that Boris will percevere though. If Boris does not succeed then Farage will!
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1603 on: July 19, 2019, 01:34:07 AM »
Utterly ridiculous! For Remoaners to keep blocking the path to what was decided in a democratic referendum vote is totally unacceptable. I believe that Boris will percevere though. If Boris does not succeed then Farage will!

Aha ! I knew that would get your attention ..

Blocking Parliament ..like that is 'demoocratic'

Face it, the vote was over 3 years ago and the electorate - a majority not including you - realise it was a silly idea, now

It becomes clearer that you know I've been right and why you wouldn't bet

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1604 on: July 19, 2019, 08:23:12 AM »
Aha ! I knew that would get your attention ..

Blocking Parliament ..like that is 'demoocratic'

Face it, the vote was over 3 years ago and the electorate - a majority not including you - realise it was a silly idea, now

It becomes clearer that you know I've been right and why you wouldn't bet

Mobe, we were forced to wait two years as that is how long the article 50 process stipulated. Beyond that the EU threw in a clanger in the shape of the backstop agreement that they must have known would sink May's chances of getting a deal done. The mandate has been given by the electorate and must not be ignored, us leavers are here to stay.

With Parliament now blocking Johnson from doing what he must do and calls of no confidence votes from Remoaners in the party it looks like a General Election is now back on the cards as a measure to sort this all out.

In fact that would be a way for Boris to suspend Parliament that it would not be possible to stop :D If he waits/negotiates it out till towards the end of September he'll be able to suspend Parliament over the 31st October by calling a General Election date thereafter.

If it gets called before he'll have to get into an arrangement with the Brexit party. Farage will have most scope here to pull candidates or the whole party. The best bet I think would still be the above where Boris calls an election to suspend Parliament over the 31st. It could allow coming to a head and we'll just have to see what happens as it happens, but I think you'll find Mobers that Leave aren't done yet. Stopping a General Election, I would love to see Gina Millar and the rest of the Remoaners stop that one, lol.

Online msmob

« Reply #1605 on: July 19, 2019, 09:27:20 AM »
The good news just keeps on coming - though not for the likes of Trench
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49044966

"Chancellor Philip Hammond has indicated he may vote to bring down the next PM to stop a no-deal Brexit."

This is the TORY Economic minister - he has constantly told us of the damage 'Brexit' is doing and ANOTHER Tory waking uip to the lemming-like, damaging dogma of 'no deal' ..

Trench, with every day your stance becomes increasdingly more apparent as the daft one ..

Time to revise your numbers ... There are LOTS of Tory MPs - 27 (?)  who will not support financuial suicide

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 01:48:45 PM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1606 on: July 19, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »
The good news just keeps on coming - though not for the likes of Trench
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49044966

"Chancellor Philip Hammond has indicated he may vote to bring down the next PM to stop a no-deal Brexit."

This is the TORY Economic minister - he has constantly told us of the damge 'Brexit' is doing and ANOTHER Tory waking uip to the lemming-like, damaging dogma of 'no deal' ..

Trench, with every day your stance becomes increasdingly more apparent as the daft one ..

Time to revise your numbers ... There are LOTS of Tory MPs - 27 (?)  who will not support financuial suicide

The Chancellor is for Remain, but he will not be Chancellor much longer when Boris gets in. They likely won't call a vote of no confidence unless it looks like Boris is closing in on No Deal and only then if they think there is a good chance they will keep their seats. You just don't like it Mobe that I have made it aware that not all avenues to No Deal/Suspending Parliament are cut off. With the summer recess and all the breaks Boris should've able to hold off till nea r enough October then announce a General Election for a date after a Credit on the 31st October :D Boy I would love to see your face of that happened, you could post it up here!  Would be like most Remoaners I would guess, a look of sheer disbelief, priceless :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1607 on: July 19, 2019, 01:56:58 PM »
The Chancellor is for Remain, but he will not be Chancellor much longer when Boris gets in. They likely won't call a vote of no confidence unless it looks like Boris is closing in on No Deal and only then if they think there is a good chance they will keep their seats. You just don't like it Mobe that I have made it aware that not all avenues to No Deal/Suspending Parliament are cut off. With the summer recess and all the breaks Boris should've able to hold off till nea r enough October then announce a General Election for a date after a Credit on the 31st October :D Boy I would love to see your face of that happened, you could post it up here!  Would be like most Remoaners I would guess, a look of sheer disbelief, priceless :)

Trench, like all aspects of your life, you post a lot but never deliver on anything

You talk the talk, but are too scared to bet on your convictions..

1/ Hammond will resighn rather than 'allow' Boris the chance to sack him ..

2/ MPs now realise having a 'leave' PoV is more likely to lose them a seat in most cases ... but you don't believe the polls ;)

3/ What 'you've been told ...  :ROFL:  Fact is that there are more REMAIN than Leave supporters in the two Houses and Boris will have even less MPs to rely on with very by-election that comes along ..

4/ IF the EU believe that there's a chance of the UK forgetting the whole thing - then we'll even get Macron's support ...

It's time you woke the govt. ( as is ) is supported by 160k members and a LOT of their own MPs might even choose to bring down the govt - rather than allow a 'no deal' stunt from Boris ..

Do the numbers, Trench.. 

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1608 on: July 20, 2019, 07:11:43 AM »
Trench, like all aspects of your life, you post a lot but never deliver on anything

You talk the talk, but are too scared to bet on your convictions..

1/ Hammond will resighn rather than 'allow' Boris the chance to sack him ..

2/ MPs now realise having a 'leave' PoV is more likely to lose them a seat in most cases ... but you don't believe the polls ;)

3/ What 'you've been told ...  :ROFL:  Fact is that there are more REMAIN than Leave supporters in the two Houses and Boris will have even less MPs to rely on with very by-election that comes along ..

4/ IF the EU believe that there's a chance of the UK forgetting the whole thing - then we'll even get Macron's support ...

It's time you woke the govt. ( as is ) is supported by 160k members and a LOT of their own MPs might even choose to bring down the govt - rather than allow a 'no deal' stunt from Boris ..

Do the numbers, Trench..

Only need to wait a few more days Move and we'll find out if Boris is our new PM :D

I'm hoping he will be and things can really start moving on all this stuff. I'm confident he'll sort you Remoaners out and things will start moving the right way towards Brexit :)

Just looking at the EU building in Brussels the other day and thinking what an ugly, cold and bureaucratic building it looks. Will be good to soon not be a part of that.

Online msmob

« Reply #1609 on: July 20, 2019, 07:36:53 AM »
What? ..No 'witty' riposte ?

Boris is going to find pushing a 'no deal' agenda in houses where it is abundantly clear he can't win and he is too scared to call a GE..

Yours and his wet dream is a gonner ..

Sooner he fails, the better .. 

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1610 on: July 20, 2019, 05:16:10 PM »
What? ..No 'witty' riposte ?

Boris is going to find pushing a 'no deal' agenda in houses where it is abundantly clear he can't win and he is too scared to call a GE..

Yours and his wet dream is a gonner ..

Sooner he fails, the better ..

You've got to have a wet dream to have a wet dream come true Mobe ;D

Online msmob

« Reply #1611 on: July 21, 2019, 12:42:04 AM »
You've got to have a wet dream to have a wet dream come true Mobe ;D

Naturally, I was talking in metaphor  :wallbash:

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1612 on: July 21, 2019, 09:45:43 AM »
Naturally, I was talking in metaphor  :wallbash:

Naturally, so was I :D

Online msmob

« Reply #1613 on: July 21, 2019, 10:02:58 AM »
Naturally, so was I :D

Ah, so I've got it 'wrong' Boris isn't going to tell the EU that they must re-open negoiations - or there#'l be a 'no deal' 'Brexit' and he'll try to suspend Parliament ?

THAT - I hope it is clear, now - are his 'wet dreams' ...

They are not going to happen and THAT is why you're ducking my bet ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1614 on: July 21, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »
Ah, so I've got it 'wrong' Boris isn't going to tell the EU that they must re-open negoiations - or there#'l be a 'no deal' 'Brexit' and he'll try to suspend Parliament ?

THAT - I hope it is clear, now - are his 'wet dreams' ...

They are not going to happen and THAT is why you're ducking my bet ..

Boris has already been blocked from suspending Parliament with the amendment that has just gone through. That leaves him with the option of going up to late September then calling a General Election which will suspend Parliament over the 31st October. Brexit then happens by default :D

Odds are if Parliament will be suspended that way then the Brexit Party will not run in the General Election as its mission will have been achieved. How's that for a wet dream Mobers?

Online msmob

« Reply #1615 on: July 21, 2019, 04:13:24 PM »
Boris has already been blocked from suspending Parliament with the amendment that has just gone through. That leaves him with the option of going up to late September then calling a General Election which will suspend Parliament over the 31st October. Brexit then happens by default :D

Odds are if Parliament will be suspended that way then the Brexit Party will not run in the General Election as its mission will have been achieved. How's that for a wet dream Mobers?

Muppet ..

FAR more likely is a defeat for Boris in the form of a vote of no confidence - THEN a Gen.election ..

I'm pretty sure the EU would wait for the outcome ..

Online msmob

« Reply #1616 on: July 22, 2019, 04:12:15 AM »
Geeting ready for our very own 'Trampu' ..'Boris'

Resignations from Govt ministers all over the place this am ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49069880

Just one of the quotes:
"Sir Alan has long been a vocal critical of the ex-foreign secretary, once describing himself as Mr Johnson's "pooper scooper" at the Foreign Office, clearing up mess he had created.

Most recently, Sir Alan attacked his former boss over the resignation of Sir Kim Darroch, the British ambassador to the US, who stepped down after comments criticising President Trump's administration were leaked.

Sir Alan said Mr Johnson - by failing to give his support to the ambassador - had "basically thrown our top diplomat under the bus".

He has also previously said Mr Johnson was "the last person on Earth who would make any progress in negotiating with the EU at the moment." "

Remember, these are the ruling Conservative Party resignations ..

Pols from yesterday show Labour - fractionally ahead of the Tories and the Libd dems and Brextremists parties neck and neck -- with a substantial Green Party support..

Hard to predict how this would translate into seats.. but once again .. REMAIN out-weighs 'Leave'

Hopefully, we'll have a vote of no confidence and Boris we be one of the shortest serving PMs ..

You'd have lost your 200, Trenchie..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1617 on: July 22, 2019, 01:40:26 PM »
Geeting ready for our very own 'Trampu' ..'Boris'

Resignations from Govt ministers all over the place this am ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49069880

Just one of the quotes:
"Sir Alan has long been a vocal critical of the ex-foreign secretary, once describing himself as Mr Johnson's "pooper scooper" at the Foreign Office, clearing up mess he had created.

Most recently, Sir Alan attacked his former boss over the resignation of Sir Kim Darroch, the British ambassador to the US, who stepped down after comments criticising President Trump's administration were leaked.

Sir Alan said Mr Johnson - by failing to give his support to the ambassador - had "basically thrown our top diplomat under the bus".

He has also previously said Mr Johnson was "the last person on Earth who would make any progress in negotiating with the EU at the moment." "

Remember, these are the ruling Conservative Party resignations ..

Pols from yesterday show Labour - fractionally ahead of the Tories and the Libd dems and Brextremists parties neck and neck -- with a substantial Green Party support..

Hard to predict how this would translate into seats.. but once again .. REMAIN out-weighs 'Leave'

Hopefully, we'll have a vote of no confidence and Boris we be one of the shortest serving PMs ..

You'd have lost your 200, Trenchie..

Mobe, the British Ambassador dug his own grave by being anything other than 'diplomatic'. He should have known in this day & age that emails can be exposed and not to write anything undiplomatic. The fact that he is undisciplined enough to not be on the ball on that shows he just held his position due to priveledge and not skill. Best he went it certainly is not down to Boris to save the inept.

The cabinet resignations of remaining Remoaners does Boris a favour. They are purging the party of themselves and leaving it an easy task for Boris to not have to be seen to consider them in the new cabinet. I would like Boris to have complete Leave cabinet. Send a clear message to the Remoaners in the party to bugger off. Better to see the back off them so they stop putting their oar in an unhelpful manner to Brexit. Time to have a reckoning I think and I think Boris will do better than some people think :)

Online BillyB

• Good Story
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1618 on: July 22, 2019, 07:45:18 PM »

Your ex ambassador was relieved because Trump said he won't work with him. Throw the ambassador or your nation under the buss. Your nation is more important than that ambassador. Keep in mind, after 2 + years of Comey/Mueller investigations, the conclusion is NO Americans colluded with Russia yet your ambassador told your politicians he still suspects Trump is dealing with the Russians. His job is to give accurate info back to your government and he is talking conspiracy theory crap.
There are people that will pass info about you and your family. Do not share info about yourself or share photos as they can search for you on the internet and distribute what they found since they are allowed to participate here.

Online msmob

« Reply #1619 on: July 22, 2019, 10:02:22 PM »
Mobe, the British Ambassador dug his own grave by being anything other than 'diplomatic'.

What he wrote in 2017 was completely accurate ...  That it was leaked suggests that 'someone' had an aim to cause trouble..

He should have known in this day & age that emails can be exposed and not to write anything undiplomatic.

it was his appraisal of the situation ... not inaccurate ..

The fact that he is undisciplined enough to not be on the ball on that shows he just held his position due to priveledge and not skill. Best he went it certainly is not down to Boris to save the inept.

Given Boris' ineptness when he was foreign Sec - that shows how much attention you pay to news ..

The cabinet resignations of remaining Remoaners does Boris a favour. They are purging the party of themselves and leaving it an easy task for Boris to not have to be seen to consider them in the new cabinet. I would like Boris to have complete Leave cabinet. Send a clear message to the Remoaners in the party to bugger off. Better to see the back off them so they stop putting their oar in an unhelpful manner to Brexit. Time to have a reckoning I think and I think Boris will do better than some people think :)

A reckoning ? So you DO want to accept my 200 bet ..?

There will NOT be a 'no deal brexit'

Boris will preside over a 'working' majority of two - until Brecon alects a Lib Dem - than it will be ONE ..

Ooops ... a tory MP has been charged with criminal offences - sexual assault ..http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-49072464

Finally, these resignations mean that IF Boris tries to push through  'no deal' scenario .... they will not vote with the govt .... 

A vote of no confidence will ensue and even the DUP cannot save him...

Even under corbyn, Labour are still polling higher and with the Lib Dems and Greens - let alone the SNP and PC .. he will not be able to form a govt ...

As, predicted - your wet dream ain't happening ... 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:40:41 PM by msmob »

Online jone

« Reply #1620 on: July 22, 2019, 10:10:04 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but with Boris now as PM, is the only way to stop a NO Deal Brexit through a vote of No-confidence?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online msmob

« Reply #1621 on: July 22, 2019, 10:48:04 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but with Boris now as PM, is the only way to stop a NO Deal Brexit through a vote of No-confidence?

He hasn't been officially announced as winner, yet !

But I'm 'correcting' you ..

Here's an article from a pro leave author ..

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/07/how-much-bother-will-the-gaukeward-squad-cause-boris-johnson/

Remainers /  anti 'no deal'  are different animals .. Boris WILL have to compromise with the latter and IF we leave at all - it will be WITH a deal

Boris has no majority in the house for a 'no deal' scenario and MPs can keep tripping him up ..

The EU know this and can play 'hard ball'

The optimum compromise would be a public vote on any deal Boris can get ..

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:54:10 AM by msmob »

Online jone

« Reply #1622 on: July 23, 2019, 12:24:33 AM »
Of course I am no UK expert and would not choose to be.   But I read in two publications tonight that the Tory MPs who are holding out for a deal before leaving have already stated that they will not force a Vote of No Confidence, which, unless there are mass defections, would be needed to stop a no-deal Brexit.

Indeed, even the article in the Spectator (directly above) has opined that the Tory MPs won't force a vote of No-Confidence.

The ascension of Boris to the PM slot is a statement in and of itself.

By tomorrow every Remain supporter in the country will need a new nappie.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online msmob

« Reply #1623 on: July 23, 2019, 01:28:27 AM »
Of course I am no UK expert and would not choose to be.

The ascension of Boris to the PM slot is a statement in and of itself.

By tomorrow every Remain supporter in the country will need a new nappie.

those two statements demonstrate that you should have stuck to the first stance....:)

1/ The article I posted - as I pointed out - is from a 'leave' orientated editorial bias ..

2/ The former #2 in the country - The Chancellor -
has indicated he might abstain in a VoNC ..

3/ There are rumours abounding that there will be more Tory MPs 'crossing the floor of the House' to the Lib Dems

From another pro leave rag .

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1138864/Brexit-news-tory-crisis-labour-MPs-defections-Liberal-Democrats-Ed-Davey

Let's test your bottle ...  My 200 bet that there'll be no, 'no deal' Brexit applies to cousins across the pond .. I'm that sure you'll be wearing the diaper ..
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 02:14:34 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1624 on: July 23, 2019, 03:40:36 AM »
those two statements demonstrate that you should have stuck to the first stance....:)

1/ The article I posted - as I pointed out - is from a 'leave' orientated editorial bias ..

2/ The former #2 in the country - The Chancellor -
has indicated he might abstain in a VoNC ..

3/ There are rumours abounding that there will be more Tory MPs 'crossing the floor of the House' to the Lib Dems

From another pro leave rag .

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1138864/Brexit-news-tory-crisis-labour-MPs-defections-Liberal-Democrats-Ed-Davey

Let's test your bottle ...  My 200 bet that there'll be no, 'no deal' Brexit applies to cousins across the pond .. I'm that sure you'll be wearing the diaper ..

You really are a fool Mobers, that would be the ideal scenario. Sure let all Remain but jobs from the Labour & Tory Party join the Lib Dems. Then watch a VoC in Parliament. Then we can watch most of those Remoan MP defectors get knocked out, perfect! :D

We get rid of a lot of Remain MP's in one fell swoop. We will get rid of Change UK and independent Remain MP's, lol this couldn't be better news for us Leavers Mobers. You look upon it that Boris or whoever the Tory PM is has to cling on to the existing status quo in parliament for dear life, that is not so. If a GE comes about Boris will get rid off a lot of pesky Remainer MP's in Parliament from both sides of the house. He won't have to put up with their Remoaning there anymore.

Yes he will shortly be down to a one MP majority with the DUP. Even with the majority of three at present as we know that looks unsustainable given the Remoan MP's in his party.

Best he can do is to hold on to get a GE that bypasses the 31st Oct. That is likely obtainable given the summer recess and scant Parliamentary time to hold a VoC. My thoughts are that he won't face a VoC in the three days before MP's break up for summer recess. I don't think he'll last much longer than that given the loss of two seats that are almost certain by September. I think though that timed right this could all end up ideal for Boris. It gives him the excuse for another GE without annoying the public with another GE so soon, he stands a good chance if gaining a majority if he can deal with the Brexit Party and he stands to get rid of Remain Tory MP's once and for all and many other Remoaners in Parliament. Still hoping for a GE Mobe? :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9983
Latest: dav111
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 494617
Total Topics: 19464
Most Online Today: 1861
Most Online Ever: 4018