It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 94637 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #1850 on: August 19, 2019, 02:01:05 AM »
http://www.politico.eu/article/uk-government-no-deal-brexit-fears-revealed-in-full/

This post was composed without the aid of google.

Food shortages! What will all those fat women do!!!

They might have to lose weight, good news there it seems :)
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1851 on: August 19, 2019, 04:17:23 AM »
Yep,

63% of adults in England were classed as overweight ( lardasses) in 2015.

Being overweight is the second biggest cause of Cancer.

So the paper eagerly posted on here by Boethius,who claims to have no interest in Brexit,is actually good news : ))

Less food means less fat people,which means less medicine needed for people who've become ill through being fat...win win. : ))

Bring on a no deal Brexit ; ))))
Just saying it like it is.

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1852 on: August 19, 2019, 07:42:46 AM »
Food shortages, drug shortages, fuel shortages...

The leaked govt doc shows what a pretty pickle even those WANTING out would face.

It just will not happen..

As I KEPT telling you.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1853 on: August 19, 2019, 08:23:14 AM »
So the paper eagerly posted on here by Boethius,who claims to have no interest in Brexit,is actually good news : ))

Less food means less fat people,which means less medicine needed for people who've become ill through being fat...win win. : ))

Bring on a no deal Brexit ; ))))

Is this your typical attention to detail?  Did I post any sort of opinion about the article?  Is posting an article, one way or another, indicative of approving of it?  Or disapproving, for that matter?  I've posted a great deal about the USSR.  Does that mean, automatically, that I approve of the way it existed?

As for insulin (one of the medicines that is predicted to be in short supply), you do realize that over 10% of diabetics are Type 1 diabetics, meaning their disease has nothing to do with weight, do you not?  So you think it's perfectly acceptable that a 3 year old diabetic child dies because he shares a disease with overweight individuals?

I don't really care about Brexit, but I do read news.  It is somewhat sad that your world is so small.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:29:11 AM by Boethius »
To love someone means to see him as God intended him. - Fyodor Dostoevksy

Online msmob

« Reply #1854 on: August 19, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »

Is this your typical attention to detail?  Did I post any sort of opinion about the article?  Is posting an article, one way or another, indicative of approving of it?  Or disapproving, for that matter?  I've posted a great deal about the USSR.  Does that mean, automatically, that I approve of the way it existed?

As for insulin (one of the medicines that is predicted to be in short supply), you do realize that over 10% of diabetics are Type 1 diabetics, meaning their disease has nothing to do with weight, do you not?  So you think it's perfectly acceptable that a 3 year old diabetic child dies because he shares a disease with overweight individuals?

I don't really care about Brexit, but I do read news.  It is somewhat sad that your world is so small.

Oh, poppycock,

When you quote CB, I must endure remembering why I blocked his inane posts ..((

Anyway,

Mrs T had it right ... These so called 'patriots' haven't got a clue ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1855 on: August 19, 2019, 11:50:39 AM »
Oh, poppycock,

When you quote CB, I must endure remembering why I blocked his inane posts ..((

Anyway,

Mrs T had it right ... These so called 'patriots' haven't got a clue ..

Mobe, she was referring to the EC or EEC not to the EU. The EU is a very different beast to the EEC, when that speach was given back in 1975 there was no inkling of the EU.

The EC or EEC was just an 'economic community' to allow free trade in Europe (Western Europe) and some basic rules & regs on doing so including the quality & safety of goods. We voted into the EC/EEC we did not vote into the EU.

I'm no fan of Mrs T, are you now that you are a Lib Dem voter? I doubt though from what I know in the late 80's & early 90's was that she was much if a fab of the EU, though of course most of that happened under John Major.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1856 on: August 19, 2019, 11:59:30 AM »
Boethius,

I could post plenty about the problems in Canada,but I really couldn't give a rats-arse so I don't bother.

One does wonder why you feel so compelled to post about a subject that you claim you have no interest in though.

Do you not think that the Brits on here already knew about 'Operation Yellowhammer " ?

Do you think you're more abreast of what is going on in the UK than we are ?

That was already old news in the UK before you posted it ..and it was noticeable you didn't post or mention the responses to it from not only here in the UK but from Gibralter..so do keep up.

The fact is the vast majority of Brits,if not all,on this and the other forum WANT Brexit and voted for it to happen,and I suspect we know more about the subject than you do.

As for the Oirish blagger Moby if you prefer his point of view then that's your prerogative ..but never forget I and most of the other Brits on these forums live here..you don't...so get off your high Horse and  don't presume to tell me what's right and what's wrong.

Oh and don't worry there will be enough Insulin to go round for the children here after Brexit....we're leaving the EU and not leaving planet Earth.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 12:16:32 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1857 on: August 19, 2019, 12:15:15 PM »
Boethius,

I could post plenty about the problems in Canada

Go ahead.

The fact is the vast majority of Brits,if not all,on this and the other forum WANT Brexit and voted for it to happen,and I suspect we know more about the subject than you do.

Really?  A 51.9% vote, of less than 3/4 of eligible voters doesn't compute to a "vast majority".

As for the Oirish blagger Moby if you prefer his point of view then that's your prerogative ..but never forget I and most of the other Brits on these forums live here..you don't...so get off your high Horse and  don't presume to tell me what's right and what's wrong.

I don't recall posting I preferred moby's point of view on the issue.  Care to link a post where I stated that?

I also don't recall telling you what is "right" or "wrong".

Oh and don't worry there will be enough Insulin to go round for the children here after Brexit....we're leaving the EU and not leaving planet Earth.
According to its analysis, your government may disagree.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1858 on: August 19, 2019, 12:30:21 PM »
Boethius,

You need to keep up....  our Government does disagree....the extra funding they have been putting in place for a no deal Brexit since Boris became PM is for all contingencies

Errr i said the majority of  Brits on these forums want Brexit to happen and despite your protests a MAJORITY of the UK voters voted to leave in the referendum.

If remoaners now bleat that not everyone voted...who's fault is that ? LOL.

That may suck for the likes of you and Moby,but them's the FACTS.

As for the Oirish blagger i don't recall seeing ANY post from you disputing anything he posts about Brexit,but there have been posts from you disputing what anyone else says about the subject..

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 12:33:23 PM by Chelseaboy »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1859 on: August 20, 2019, 03:06:05 PM »
Well looks like we won't be the only ones to have a General Election, Italy is going to have one too. Looks like the League party are set to win putting Italy on a path to be the next nation to leave the EU :)

Online msmob

« Reply #1860 on: August 20, 2019, 07:48:38 PM »
As ever, Trench is on the ball...

NOT....

'Political chaos in Italy'

"... on Saturday, Salvini said that pulling the country out of either the euro or the European Union "has never been in the works." "

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1861 on: August 20, 2019, 08:02:58 PM »
As ever, Trench is on the ball...

NOT....

'Political chaos in Italy'

"... on Saturday, Salvini said that pulling the country out of either the euro or the European Union "has never been in the works." "

Yet, wait until after he becomes PM ;)

Online msmob

« Reply #1862 on: August 21, 2019, 01:18:17 AM »
A lot like waiting for you to settle down with a lass - lots of BS 'theories' and it'll never happen

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1863 on: August 22, 2019, 12:19:16 PM »
A lot like waiting for you to settle down with a lass - lots of BS 'theories' and it'll never happen

Let's keep to the subject at hand shall we:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-government-made-a-major-move-that-points-to-a-nodeal-brexit-073537400.html

Penny dropping yet Mobers ;)

The gov is getting all the infrastructure in place for No Deal Brexit. This will make it the most practical path to go down.

Online jone

« Reply #1864 on: August 22, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »
Damn!  What are all of these countries doing?   Looks like they're all betting that Remain will win out in the end.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46064836

Trench is looking like a regular Nostradamus!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1865 on: August 22, 2019, 01:36:24 PM »
Damn!  What are all of these countries doing?   Looks like they're all betting that Remain will win out in the end.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46064836

Trench is looking like a regular Nostradamus!

Not what I read Jone. I read they are all take my on extra customs officials to deal with a No Deal Brexit. Perhaps it would be more beneficial for them to leave the EU as well. They all seem to be bearing extra cost and potential loss of trade due to the EU's arrogance and lack of realisation that it's the UK in the stronger position, not them.

Online jone

« Reply #1866 on: August 22, 2019, 04:58:19 PM »
Not what I read Jone. I read they are all take my on extra customs officials to deal with a No Deal Brexit. Perhaps it would be more beneficial for them to leave the EU as well. They all seem to be bearing extra cost and potential loss of trade due to the EU's arrogance and lack of realisation that it's the UK in the stronger position, not them.

Imagine that.   I use sarcasm to make a point and it flies right over Trench's head.   The idea that each of the EU countries are staffing up to accommodate a No Deal Brexit was the slant of the article.   My statement that they were betting on Remain was sarcasm.   While you might be Nostradamus, you've got a lot of Patrick from Sponge Bob going on upstairs.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1867 on: August 22, 2019, 06:16:55 PM »
Imagine that.   I use sarcasm to make a point and it flies right over Trench's head.   The idea that each of the EU countries are staffing up to accommodate a No Deal Brexit was the slant of the article.   My statement that they were betting on Remain was sarcasm.   While you might be Nostradamus, you've got a lot of Patrick from Sponge Bob going on upstairs.

Ah, American humour, I get it now, of course.

Think you'll upset a certain Oirishman with your humour though Jone ;D

Online jone

« Reply #1868 on: August 22, 2019, 06:56:43 PM »
There's a big train coming down the tracks in a small Kansas town.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1869 on: August 24, 2019, 10:02:43 AM »
There's a big train coming down the tracks in a small Kansas town.

I'm not even going to guess what that means Jone.

Perhaps someone should check in on Mobers, it's been a couple of days already and no word from him on the Brexit thread, very unusual for him. I fear the old chap might be getting a bit infirm in his old age and piddled his pants, knowing the way he is he may have been stood there for days from the embarrassment of it all.

Only just over a week left to go now and hopefully we'll have a General Election announced straight off and be able to put this to bed once and for all :)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1870 on: August 24, 2019, 12:27:45 PM »
Boethius,
           You need to keep up....  our Government does disagree....the extra funding they have been putting in place for a no deal Brexit since Boris became PM is for all contingencies

Errr i said the majority of  Brits on these forums want Brexit to happen and despite your protests a MAJORITY of the UK voters voted to leave in the referendum.

If remoaners now bleat that not everyone voted...who's fault is that ? LOL.

That may suck for the likes of you and Moby,but them's the FACTS.

As for the Oirish blagger i don't recall seeing ANY post from you disputing anything he posts about Brexit,but there have been posts from you disputing what anyone else says about the subject..

I haven't disputed any post Trench has made about Brexit either.  Or you.  Or John.  Does that mean I support Brexit?

As I have posted since the early days of this thread, I don't really care, one way or another, whether the UK exits the EU.  I also happen to believe the EU negotiated in bad faith, for its own self preservation. (Oops, does that mean I support Brexit?)  In the end, it doesn't really matter, because there will be consequences to the exit.  They may be short lived, they may be long, I don't know.  The exit may prove to be a positive, it may not be, I also don't know that, and I don't care, one way or the other. 

I have clients that do business in many jurisdictions.  Their decisions are made based on various factors in those countries.  Almost all my clients have business interests in the US.  So, I need to know the tax and regulatory schemes there (where it's easy to do business (Texas), and where it's not (California).  Political stability is not an issue re the US.  I need to have knowledge about the political stability and ease of doing business in other countries as well, China being the major one, in terms of stability - not so much political, but rather, "If I invest $3 million in China, what are the risks?"  This is also why I follow Brexit.  The result is irrelevant to me.  But the economic stability is not to my clients, and they ask about these things.  Legal structures and business decisions are often inextricably tied.  Business likes stability. 

I have a client that does work throughout the EU, from a London base.  For the past few years, that client has been putting contingency plans in place to move its considerable UK operations to another European capital.  In January, it decided to move the bulk of its operations, hundreds of jobs, to an EU jurisdiction.  It can't risk red tape if it stays in the UK.  That's what my interest is, just as my interest in the US is mostly about its tax and regulatory environment, the latter of which, incidentally, for public companies, is far, far better than that of Canada.

Perhaps you should learn to read.  Posting a link to a government report which points to short term pain is not endorsing a particular point of view.  After all the government that commissioned that report had as many Brexit supporters as remainers. 

Pointing to the skin of your teeth "majority" that voted for Brexit also is not disputing the validity of the result.  I merely pointed out that your assertion that the vast majority of the populace supported Brexit  is untrue. Your perspective is narrow, anti intellectual, and inaccurate.  One does not need to live in the UK to read the results.  I also suspect as you support a particular position, you have a confirmation bias.  Obviously, if almost half the population still does not support a Brexit, there are people who don't hold your position.

Finally, if the government has made contingency plans to ameliorate the effects which that very government predicted, please provide the links.  I would be interested in reading the.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 12:53:24 PM by Boethius »

Online msmob

« Reply #1871 on: August 24, 2019, 09:45:33 PM »
Good morning,  Trench you Muppet!

I came back from GE to start trials of some kit that will be ready to launch, soon..

I am on  canal boat on the Llangollen and that is far more interesting that reading stuff you make up.

As ever, you are not v.good at reading folk ))

No matter who calls a GE or not....Boris and Farage are in for a good kicking...

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1872 on: August 25, 2019, 06:58:40 AM »
Good morning,  Trench you Muppet!

I came back from GE to start trials of some kit that will be ready to launch, soon..

I am on  canal boat on the Llangollen and that is far more interesting that reading stuff you make up.

As ever, you are not v.good at reading folk ))

No matter who calls a GE or not....Boris and Farage are in for a good kicking...

Ah, so are still alive and kicking like a mad Oirishman :D That is so long as you have not fallen off the Llangollen Aquaduct today while steering like a madman, you did summon up the balls to steer didn't you? Hope you're not one of these people to employ someone to do that for you!

Well as Krim suggested I tried the canal narrow boat myself. Did a couple of days in the Kennet & Avon canal, more in my neck of the woods, my experience was very pleasant, in part down to my expert helmsmanship off course ;D

Well I hope you realise when No Deal Brexit comes to pass you're going to have to be eating all your 'Muppet' and 'Don't have a Scoobie' phrases, lol. I will make you eat them personally on here!

Well so long Moby, that is if you don't make it back to dry land ok ;)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #1873 on: August 25, 2019, 07:19:42 AM »
I haven't disputed any post Trench has made about Brexit either.  Or you.  Or John.  Does that mean I support Brexit?

As I have posted since the early days of this thread, I don't really care, one way or another, whether the UK exits the EU.  I also happen to believe the EU negotiated in bad faith, for its own self preservation. (Oops, does that mean I support Brexit?)  In the end, it doesn't really matter, because there will be consequences to the exit.  They may be short lived, they may be long, I don't know.  The exit may prove to be a positive, it may not be, I also don't know that, and I don't care, one way or the other. 

That I believe too is indeed true Boe. The backstop is nothing but a ploy by the EU to deliberately supper the whole prospect of a deal. Not just Theresa May's EU/Chequers deal but any deal including and Canada style deal since the EU has said itself that any deal with the UK would have to include a 'backstop' for NI. Boris had supported a Canada plus style of deal but even this the EU said there would have to be a backstop. Notably Boris makes no reference to a Canada style deal since he became PM or in his leadership challenge. Boris had suggested that Theresa May's Deal could be broken down into the component parts and agreements made on the parts they both agree on or some basic agreements made with the EU in the run up to a No Deal Brexit. The EU in the last few days as rejected any attempt to make any agreements with the UK.

The EU is trying to play hardball as they wish to stop the UK leaving the EU or if it does make it so punishing that they will retake control. The EU fear the UK once left will show up the EU by doing better than when it was a part off the EU. If this happens the writing is really on the wall for the EU. All Western European Nations will then consider leaving and support for the EU in western Europe will collapse.

Indeed, if the UK successfully leaves the EU, it will be there as a beachhead for other West European nations to leave the EU and have a nearby partner to trade with in there own free trade agreement or organisation, free from punishing EU membership payments that pay to do up Eastern Europe. France, Germany, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, etc are all likely to be those attracted to leaving the EU to regain free trade access to the UK market, particularly France and Germany. France has their produce they wish to sell and Germany their cars. Once the EUbeco es a burden to them doing trade with the EU I think they will all be wanting out and fast!

Online msmob

« Reply #1874 on: August 25, 2019, 09:37:11 AM »
That I believe too is indeed true Boe. The backstop is nothing but a ploy by the EU to deliberately supper the whole prospect of a deal. Not just Theresa May's EU/Chequers deal but any deal including and Canada style deal since the EU has said itself that any deal with the UK would have to include a 'backstop' for NI. Boris had supported a Canada plus style of deal but even this the EU said there would have to be a backstop. Notably Boris makes no reference to a Canada style deal since he became PM or in his leadership challenge. Boris had suggested that Theresa May's Deal could be broken down into the component parts and agreements made on the parts they both agree on or some basic agreements made with the EU in the run up to a No Deal Brexit. The EU in the last few days as rejected any attempt to make any agreements with the UK.

The EU is trying to play hardball as they wish to stop the UK leaving the EU or if it does make it so punishing that they will retake control. The EU fear the UK once left will show up the EU by doing better than when it was a part off the EU. If this happens the writing is really on the wall for the EU. All Western European Nations will then consider leaving and support for the EU in western Europe will collapse.

Indeed, if the UK successfully leaves the EU, it will be there as a beachhead for other West European nations to leave the EU and have a nearby partner to trade with in there own free trade agreement or organisation, free from punishing EU membership payments that pay to do up Eastern Europe. France, Germany, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, etc are all likely to be those attracted to leaving the EU to regain free trade access to the UK market, particularly France and Germany. France has their produce they wish to sell and Germany their cars. Once the EUbeco es a burden to them doing trade with the EU I think they will all be wanting out and fast!

Trench,

I realise you ain't the brightest bulb in the socket, but I have ALWAYS stated that N.Ireland's border with the rest of the EU is why there'll be no 'no deal' brexit

NOTHING has changed .

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9967
Latest: Frrrrrrt
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 489569
Total Topics: 19389
Most Online Today: 1278