It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 114814 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #2300 on: October 14, 2019, 08:44:39 AM »
Have you shifted the goalpost Trench?

Brexit with May's deal is ok now?  Obviously there is no other 'deal' on the table.

No, Brexit with May's deal would not be ok now since it included the backstop that has no clause to get out off hence we would become a vassal state of the EU.

However, if this was taken away and a decent alternative solution provided then the Brexit deal as a whole could be paletable enough to go with. To be fair to Theresa May I'm pretty sure she never wanted the backstop, the hat was the EU's doing, she was just silly enough to keep punting it forward like it was a goer which of course she should have easily seen that it was not.

It's looking unlikely that there will be a deal as it looks like it's all hitting the buffers again on the customs issue in NI again. It will at least take more time off the clock and get us closer to Brexit date. I still think that leaving with No Deal is our best option, to start from a clean slate and build from the ground up with what we completely want without awkward tie ups with the EU.
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2301 on: October 14, 2019, 09:47:44 AM »
Well, then I guess welcome back to EU is in order.

Get used to it... y'all are quite stuck between a rock and a hard place and ain't goin' anywhere soon.

Guess Moby was right on this one.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2302 on: October 14, 2019, 04:28:15 PM »
Well, then I guess welcome back to EU is in order.

Get used to it... y'all are quite stuck between a rock and a hard place and ain't goin' anywhere soon.

Guess Moby was right on this one.

Boris has generally been in favour of some sort of arrangement with the EU. He used to favour a Canada Plus Trade style option but since he has Theresa May's EU Deal as going further than that on trade and the EU refusing to renegotiate he generally has to go with that. Jacob Rees Mogg meanwhile wgile likely to accept a reasonable deal is more generally in favour of the no deal option. I don't think Boris is bothered either way, if a decent deal is done so be it, if not he'll be quite happy to leave with No Deal.

Our Mobe only has two weeks to go to find out if he's title of forum fool is a well earned one :D

Online msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2303 on: October 14, 2019, 11:27:46 PM »
Trench,

When you are rejected by a lass for a date, do you also regard her as being the 'foolish one'?...

No to Brexit, Yes to a People's Vote on Brexit, THEN a General Election

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2304 on: October 15, 2019, 03:12:34 AM »
Trench,

When you are rejected by a lass for a date, do you also regard her as being the 'foolish one'?...

Of course :D

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2305 on: October 15, 2019, 05:30:06 AM »
Just for Moby : )
Just saying it like it is.

Online msmob

« Reply #2306 on: October 16, 2019, 04:12:49 AM »
Trench, some interesting stuff here..

It seems that did not vote last time are the one's that would ensure Brexit is sent to the scrap heap.

BBC News - Have UK voters changed their minds on Brexit?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50043549

Image #2 - the poll of polls is MY fav...

"Which of the following scenarios do you favour most?"

The result will make you weep.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2307 on: October 16, 2019, 12:47:30 PM »
Trench, some interesting stuff here..

It seems that did not vote last time are the one's that would ensure Brexit is sent to the scrap heap.

BBC News - Have UK voters changed their minds on Brexit?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50043549

Image #2 - the poll of polls is MY fav...

"Which of the following scenarios do you favour most?"

The result will make you weep.

This article tells us nothing much. The stats are basically how you break them down. I viewed the article differently that if you added up the Leave columns they came in as more than Remain and that the Leave columns have been increasing of recent months.

Either way the result of the 2016 Referendum isn't going to be erased. Better we have the matter done with now by leaving rather than have it a constant issue in British politics for time to come.

Online msmob

« Reply #2308 on: October 16, 2019, 02:47:53 PM »
Trench,

you'll always 'argue' - even though only 6 out of 257 national pools have had 'leave' winning in the last 2 years and NONE in the last 3 months

Do you remember what I KEPT telling you would be the crunch issue ?

Well, it's Wednesday night and the DUP are not happy about an effective 'border' with the EU  being the Irish Sea ...

HOW many times have I warned you that this would be THE stumbling block to a deal ?

Boris needs the DUP to get a deal through Parliament - FACT ...even if some anti-no deal Toris come back

So, unless he persuades the DUP it looks like Boris will be asking for an extension until 2020

The DUP know they will NEVER win an election for years, if ever, if they sell out ... BOY, is Boris going to have his work cut out ..   The EU might accept such a compromise  - but Boris HAS to get the DUP onside

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2309 on: October 16, 2019, 03:23:07 PM »
Trench,

you'll always 'argue' - even though only 6 out of 257 national pools have had 'leave' winning in the last 2 years and NONE in the last 3 months

Do you remember what I KEPT telling you would be the crunch issue ?

Well, it's Wednesday night and the DUP are not happy about an effective 'border' with the EU  being the Irish Sea ...

HOW many times have I warned you that this would be THE stumbling block to a deal ?

Boris needs the DUP to get a deal through Parliament - FACT ...even if some anti-no deal Toris come back

So, unless he persuades the DUP it looks like Boris will be asking for an extension until 2020

The DUP know they will NEVER win an election for years, if ever, if they sell out ... BOY, is Boris going to have his work cut out ..   The EU might accept such a compromise  - but Boris HAS to get the DUP onside

Assuming Labour don't swing in behind the deal. They might, some were contemplating resurrecting May's deal and voting for it. If Boris comes back with a deal without the backstop and with the border situation preferably down the Irish sea in a decent manner they may go for it.

Corbyn is on the ropes at the moment with the Lib Dems pressing him into third place. An extension may discredit Boris but equally it might put Corbyn into a General Election post 31st Oct not in the greatest shape. If he goes for the deal it could reunite Labour, take the wind out if the sails of the Lib Dems and leave the Tories still somewhat disunited. If Labour cone behind the deal the DUP won't be needed.

Odds still are though that Boris will end up back in a No Deal scenario by the 31st and a work around of the Surrender Act to achieve a No Deal Brexit :)

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2310 on: October 16, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »
Now,

How many times have we read Moby spouting his bremoaner BS about how the majority of people in the UK now want to stay in the EU ?

Oh dear..the Oirish blagger has been caught with his pants down...again.

The largest Brexit poll since the Brexit referendum three long years ago ,which collected information from 26,000 voters,showed 50 % were in favour of Brexit while 42 % want to remain.

The number changed to 54% of people in favour of Brexit if the people who answered "don't know" were excluded.

The poll was conducted by ComRes/Channel 5.

Of course the smart cookies amongst us already knew this..only deluded bremoaners and their supporters fooled themselves into believing otherwise...ho hum.
Just saying it like it is.

Online BillyB

• Good Story
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2311 on: October 16, 2019, 07:01:52 PM »
Oh dear..the Oirish blagger has been caught with his pants down...again.

I think you misspelled "panties".
There are people that will pass info about you and your family. Do not share info about yourself or share photos as they can search for you on the internet and distribute what they found since they are allowed to participate here.

Offline ML

« Reply #2312 on: October 16, 2019, 09:30:58 PM »
This forum is not the place to be talking about pants (or panties) down on a man.
Winston Churchill.  ďThe best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.Ē

Online jone

« Reply #2313 on: October 16, 2019, 09:35:42 PM »
Everyone turn away.  There's nothing big to talk about here.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online msmob

« Reply #2314 on: October 17, 2019, 03:00:15 AM »

Odds still are though that Boris will end up back in a No Deal scenario by the 31st and a work around of the Surrender Act to achieve a No Deal Brexit :)

Whose 'odds'?

It is noted you couldn't offer a 'riposte' re the DUP..

How long have I said that N.I. would ensure there would be no 'hard' Brexit'?

Online msmob

« Reply #2315 on: October 17, 2019, 04:47:13 AM »
I think you misspelled "panties".

Sighs,

If Silly BillyB is seeking 'validation' from CB, times must be desperate!

I suspect SC's trusiki would not suit me and we never felt the urge to try to see who fills them better...

In the meantime here is Boris at last year's DUP party conference.

Listen to him praise the Union and mock making N.I a  lessor part of the Union and him regale his 'Boris Bus' success story..

Right now, his latest ' deal' is designed to shaft .N.I. and the bus co. is in administration.. - the wheels fell off ..

Those are two perfect examples of why 'trusting' Boris is unwise.. This vid typifies his BS amd why even the DUP cannot trust him

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:53:20 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2316 on: October 17, 2019, 07:31:55 AM »
Sighs,

If Silly BillyB is seeking 'validation' from CB, times must be desperate!

I suspect SC's trusiki would not suit me and we never felt the urge to try to see who fills them better...

In the meantime here is Boris at last year's DUP party conference.

Listen to him praise the Union and mock making N.I a  lessor part of the Union and him regale his 'Boris Bus' success story..

Right now, his latest ' deal' is designed to shaft .N.I. and the bus co. is in administration.. - the wheels fell off ..

Those are two perfect examples of why 'trusting' Boris is unwise.. This vid typifies his BS amd why even the DUP cannot trust him

In all honesty I don't really understand why the DUP want to both leave the EU (Brexit) but also want to keep everything the same on the NI border as if in the EU, don't they know the two are incompatible?

They seem to want a difference to the rest of the UK in not wanting a hard border along the NI mainland border but want to be the same as the rest of the UK which will have hard borders around everywhere else with the EU. So the DUP want to be the same as the UK but different also????

This is a completely non-sensical position to adopt and is sheer idiocy from the DUP. Sheer logic and common sense dictates that anything cannot be the different but also the same.

I must say that the DUP's idiocy on this front has never helped matters. They seem to want to be accepting and rejecting at the same time and it makes no sense whatsoever.

Boris needs to not get caught up in trying to find a solution for these nutters to a solution that does not exist. He needs to tell these twits this in no uncertain terms and the idiocy if the position they are adopting.

Either they come to terms that the border whether it be on the NI mainland or the Irish sea, or a bit of both is going to be different in some aspects or it will be a hard border entirely.

Boris knows he must either get a deal or no deal sorted on this as he has to be out by the 31sr or his credibility to voters will slump.

Online msmob

« Reply #2317 on: October 17, 2019, 08:26:16 AM »
Trench,

why do you refer to idiocy when you do not understand the subject and demonstrate it with your 'understanding' of the DUP's stance ?

I have explained this to you MANY times and told you why this would be the crunch ... you nwever listened .. it has been ALL so predicable.

Boris has agreed a deal - like Mrs May - that he cannot deliver ..

The DUP signed up to the Good Friday Agreement and understand the consequences of breaking it ..

Making customs controls between N>I and GB ( and via the back-door immigration controls covering the island of Ireland ... was ALWAYS going to be a non-starter.

The DUP want a soft Brexit  - not a hard one - they do not want to be treated differently than GB .. WHAT is hard to 'get' about that ?

The DUP had a kicking in the EU MEP elections that they will not forget.

Lastly, if Boris favours N.I  - which of course he's trying NOT to, the SNP will be all over him like a rash...

Boris will be asking for that extension .. come Saturday .. 

PS I wouldn't go to London on Saturday - it is likely to be full of Remain supporters

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2318 on: October 17, 2019, 10:08:50 AM »
Trench,

why do you refer to idiocy when you do not understand the subject and demonstrate it with your 'understanding' of the DUP's stance ?

I have explained this to you MANY times and told you why this would be the crunch ... you nwever listened .. it has been ALL so predicable.

Boris has agreed a deal - like Mrs May - that he cannot deliver ..

The DUP signed up to the Good Friday Agreement and understand the consequences of breaking it ..

Making customs controls between N>I and GB ( and via the back-door immigration controls covering the island of Ireland ... was ALWAYS going to be a non-starter.

The DUP want a soft Brexit  - not a hard one - they do not want to be treated differently than GB .. WHAT is hard to 'get' about that ?

The DUP had a kicking in the EU MEP elections that they will not forget.

Lastly, if Boris favours N.I  - which of course he's trying NOT to, the SNP will be all over him like a rash...

Boris will be asking for that extension .. come Saturday .. 

PS I wouldn't go to London on Saturday - it is likely to be full of Remain supporters

Mobe, its looking all over for you:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-johnson-brexit-agreement-eu-michel-barnier-094021311.html

The MP's will either have to accept the deal on the table or it will be no deal :D

Yes, Boris will ask for an extension in all likelihood but where before he would be looking at a workaround now he doesn't have to - the EU will reject an extension :)

Quite likely that is all to happen before time out on the 31st as, a). Boris will want to get the asking of an extension out of the way and, b). the EU will want to reject an extention BEFORE a vote in the house of commons as they won't want MP's thinking an extention or any other deal is on the table.

Sorry Mobe, but its looking like you've lost this one, prepare for your 'Moby's EU humilation' thread' ;D

Enjoy your Remoaning in London this Saturday, it could be your last chance to Remoan :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2319 on: October 17, 2019, 10:26:21 AM »
Trench

As ever, you never understand this stuff

IF Parliament reject the deal, Boris has to ask for an extension

For sure, 'crashing out' is unlikely .. but only soft lads, like you, suggested that was ever on the cards .. :popcorn:

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2320 on: October 17, 2019, 12:30:48 PM »
Trench

As ever, you never understand this stuff

IF Parliament reject the deal, Boris has to ask for an extension

For sure, 'crashing out' is unlikely .. but only soft lads, like you, suggested that was ever on the cards .. :popcorn:

If one has already been asked for and rejected then no need to ask for another one. The EU have said that this is now it, either accept the deal or leave without one - no further extension will be given :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2321 on: October 17, 2019, 01:06:53 PM »
If one has already been asked for and rejected then no need to ask for another one. The EU have said that this is now it, either accept the deal or leave without one - no further extension will be given :D

Poor 'ol Trench and his selective reading ..

I've read of quite a few EU nations ready to grant an extension if it looks like a 2nd referendum is on it's way ..

Search under Denmark for starters

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2322 on: October 17, 2019, 02:20:58 PM »
Poor 'ol Trench and his selective reading ..

I've read of quite a few EU nations ready to grant an extension if it looks like a 2nd referendum is on it's way ..

Search under Denmark for starters

Only one country needs to go object and it's a no go :D

That's if it even gets put to them.

With the opposition parties coming out against the deal already it looks like we're be back heading towards No Deal before we know it :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2323 on: October 17, 2019, 09:32:58 PM »
Of course they are coming out against the deal..

1/ Boris has done a LOUSY 'deal', even worse than Mrs May's

2/ He has gambled on shafting N.Ireland ...but proved he cannot be trusted.

He seems unlikely to win on Saturday and I did say search Denmatk for staters..

Is this how attentive you are on a date?

No deal? What a fool believes / wishes for....

Offline ML

« Reply #2324 on: October 18, 2019, 07:46:37 AM »
On PBS news show (the only one I watch because has no commercials during broadcast, only before and after), it was pointed out that the latest agreement from EU allows for no customs border between Ireland and N. Ireland.

But no mention of how this will prevent the flow of goods from continental EU to Ireland to N. Ireland to rest of UK and vice versa, which would leave UK in exactly same position as now.

So that part seems like a win-win for UK.

Must be some restrictions that were not presented on the show.

As I mentioned before (and got ridiculed for), if in fact there will be some sort of customs check between N Ireland and rest of UK, then gradually N Ireland will become de facto rejoined with Ireland and, even later, de jure joined.

Send those Protestant interlopers back !!!!!  (Note: I am not Catholic)
Winston Churchill.  ďThe best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.Ē

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9980
Latest: Marina21
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 493200
Total Topics: 19441
Most Online Today: 2164
Most Online Ever: 4018