It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 113921 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #2350 on: October 19, 2019, 02:57:34 PM »
The BBC quoted the very same .. Do you think they put words in the Speaker's mouth?

Let's 'assume' you are simply wrong  - as usual..   

Boris will either send that letter - or it will be sent for him next week - the Court of Sessions can hold him in Contempt

The EU will ignore any letter that isn't from the PM :)

Besides they know to not get a deal with Boris will mean an eventual Farage victory and a complete No Deal Brexit.
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2351 on: October 19, 2019, 04:19:47 PM »
Duh..which is why they Will grant an extension and your 'prediction' will be proven wrong, as usual..

You really aren't any good at thinking things through..
No to Brexit, Yes to a People's Vote on Brexit, THEN a General Election

Online msmob

« Reply #2352 on: October 19, 2019, 04:25:10 PM »
BBC News - Brexit: PM sends letter to Brussels seeking further delay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50112924

Tut,tut...Boris is now in Contempt of Court...

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Johnson promised Brexit-but may deliver Engxit
« Reply #2353 on: October 19, 2019, 04:36:34 PM »
The reported EU-U.K. deal continues the political union between Britain and Northern Ireland, but it apparently severs the economic union. Northern Ireland will have one customs and value-added-tax regime; Britain another. If Britain enters into, say, a free-trade agreement with the United States, Northern Ireland apparently will not. Over time, under this agreement as reported, Northern Ireland will be subsumed into ever closer union with the Irish Republic and the European Union.

This economic merger must have political consequences. In 2016, Northern Ireland cast 55 percent of its votes for the Remain side in the EU referendum. The threat to the Good Friday Agreement seems to have pushed Northern Irish opinion even further away from Britain. One of the most reliable measures of British public opinion, the polls commissioned by the Conservative peer Michael Ashcroft, finds that a plurality of Northern Irish people, 46 percent, would now vote to quit the U.K. and unify with the republic to their south. (Northern Ireland used to have a substantial Protestant majority, but higher Catholic birth rates and the migration of young Protestants to the British mainland have equalized the two main religious groups in the province.)

Johnson is heeding his party members with this apparent deal. But he is also heading toward a future in which the United Kingdom itself becomes a casualty of the Brexit process. Scotland is even more pro-EU than Northern Ireland, and Conservative Party members are even more willing (63 percent) to sacrifice the union with Scotland to the Brexit cause.

http://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/brexit-redux/600205/
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2354 on: October 19, 2019, 05:44:02 PM »
BBC News - Brexit: PM sends letter to Brussels seeking further delay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50112924

Tut,tut...Boris is now in Contempt of Court...

Nope, Boris has complied with the Surrender Act and with this you should see that you're part of a hopeless cause Mobers :)

Online Trenchcoat

Re: Johnson promised Brexit-but may deliver Engxit
« Reply #2355 on: October 19, 2019, 05:57:54 PM »

Johnson is heeding his party members with this apparent deal. But he is also heading toward a future in which the United Kingdom itself becomes a casualty of the Brexit process. Scotland is even more pro-EU than Northern Ireland, and Conservative Party members are even more willing (63 percent) to sacrifice the union with Scotland to the Brexit cause.

http://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/brexit-redux/600205/

Grumpy, the main reason the SNP are so ardently against Brexit/Leaving the EU is that once we do support for Scottish Independence from the UK will collapse. The Scots don't want the Euro and going Independent & seeking to join the EU will mean then having to join the Euro as all new members do. They've seen what happened in Greece and don't fancy the same plus England, Wales & NI on their doorstep using the Pound would mean exchange rate fuss. Scots would also likely see little sense in independence from one union close by to join another further away. Essentially there are lots of reason that would make a favourable Independence outcome less likely. The SNP lost the last Independence Referendum and once we leave the EU the ground gets increasingly unfavourable for the SNP winning a second Scottish Independence Referendum.

The SNP will also be aware that with the problems of going Independent stacking up after the UK leaves the EU support for their party will plummet. No one will see the point in voting for them if their cause looks to be a fools errand. This was how it was before, Scotland used to be a Labour heartland and the SNP never got a look in, they were regarded as oddbods. So expect to see less SNP MP's in the UK Parliament and Scottish Parliament after Brexit :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2356 on: October 19, 2019, 11:46:42 PM »
Nope, Boris has complied with the Surrender Act and with this you should see that you're part of a hopeless cause Mobers :)

As usual. you will find your Daily Mail-like 'sound-byte' rendered the ramblings of a lunatic ! 

Online msmob

Re: Johnson promised Brexit- - but failed - again
« Reply #2357 on: October 19, 2019, 11:51:09 PM »
The reported EU-U.K. deal continues the political union between Britain and Northern Ireland,

Jeez, WHO writes this shyte ? :(

The first quoted sentence isn't even geo-politically correct !

Northern Ireland is PART of Britain - this issue is correctly identified - as the reader continues.

Boris seems keen to create a little England
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:57:57 PM by msmob »

Online msmob

« Reply #2358 on: October 20, 2019, 12:06:32 AM »
Grumpy, the main reason the SNP are so ardently against Brexit/Leaving the EU is

that the Scots feel disenfranchised - Westminster acts as if their voices aren't heard ..

Once again, you demonstrate your 'finger on the pulse' empathy for  geo-political situations..

I do not want to see the UK broken up - but unless London wakes up - I am now concerned that the 'little englanders' will be waking u in a few years and thinking , "I should have been more careful what I wished for "

It's a scary thought, but if Westminster refuses a referendum, we might see radical acts by Scots seeking 'freedom' to decide their future ...

THAT is why we need a leader who is the polar-opposite of Boris and preferably a Scot ! ( My 'wet-dream' )

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2359 on: October 20, 2019, 02:00:45 AM »
that the Scots feel disenfranchised - Westminster acts as if their voices aren't heard ..

Once again, you demonstrate your 'finger on the pulse' empathy for  geo-political situations..

I do not want to see the UK broken up - but unless London wakes up - I am now concerned that the 'little englanders' will be waking u in a few years and thinking , "I should have been more careful what I wished for "

It's a scary thought, but if Westminster refuses a referendum, we might see radical acts by Scots seeking 'freedom' to decide their future ...

THAT is why we need a leader who is the polar-opposite of Boris and preferably a Scot ! ( My 'wet-dream' )

Once the Scots leave the UK it will take years for them to join the EU if the UK have already left. It is questionable if they can use the Pound during that time as they will no longer be a part of the UK and hence cannot legally produce the currency as legal tender.

North Sea Oil is also running out and only going to last so long, if Scotland were to leave the UK then they might be relieving the UK of a future economic burden.

Then there are the trade deals the UK will strike when left the EU. Scotland will be left out and no longer a part of them.

Personally I am not bothered if Scotland leaves the UK, I've never actually been there so it's of no consequence to me. England would be economically stonger as a result. It could be fun seeing their Jimmy Krankie like SNP leader stewing as their economy flounders :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2360 on: October 20, 2019, 02:07:04 AM »
Trench,

If you want to start a Scottish Independence thread, feel free...

This thread is about 'brexit' and right now your 'forum signature' is as likely as your marriage to a FSU W.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2361 on: October 20, 2019, 06:37:32 AM »
Trench,

If you want to start a Scottish Independence thread, feel free...

This thread is about 'brexit' and right now your 'forum signature' is as likely as your marriage to a FSU W.

Well on that score the Beeb is quoting Dominic Rabb, the foreign secretary, as saying the government has the numbers to pass the Brexit Deal next week.

Only just over a week to go Mobers :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2362 on: October 20, 2019, 09:20:06 AM »
Trench,

Do  you remember YOU told us 'we'd' be leaving without a deal..

We will not

IF, Boris' sold his deal...it still has to be approved..the Letwin amendment means we cannot leave before the withdrawal bill( unfortunate name) is scrutinised

THAT will not happen in time..

My new prediction ...there could be a People's Vote on the 'deal'.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 01:13:24 PM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2363 on: October 20, 2019, 12:17:17 PM »
Trench,

Do remember YOU told us 'we'd' be leaving without a deal..

We will not

IF, Boris' sold his deal...it still has to be approved..the Letwin amendment means we cannot leave before the withdrawal bill( unfortunate name) is scrutinised

THAT will not happen in time..

My new prediction ...their could be a People's Vote on the 'deal'.

It could still be no deal, all depends on how it goes next week. Any sort of deal did look very unlikely because the EU were so intransigent over the backstop. Now that has gone a deal is now possible.

I did say that the DUP were not key to this as you thought. Boris losing his majority showed him that he didn't need the DUP. As such he moved to the Irish sea border solution that I said was the way to do it a couple of years back now.

Boris won't want to hold matters up on a referendum on the deal. I see that as only the fallback option, the odds are that we will leave on the 31Oct.

In any case if there was a referendum chances are people would vote for the deal as it both delivers on the referendum and finishes off this whole business, even if it is not entirely perfect at this moment in time.

Online msmob

« Reply #2364 on: October 20, 2019, 01:16:34 PM »
Muppet,

Which bookies site are you visiting for your 'odds'?

Must you make everything up and prove yourself more foolish than even I thought possible?

The DUP carry 10 votes...'not important' at all... :rolleyes:

More Trench fails

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2365 on: October 21, 2019, 04:23:58 AM »
Muppet,

Which bookies site are you visiting for your 'odds'?

Must you make everything up and prove yourself more foolish than even I thought possible?

The DUP carry 10 votes...'not important' at all... :rolleyes:

More Trench fails

Well so much for your 'Benn Act' i.e Surrender Act, Mobe, looks like Boris ended up making a fool out of him.

The deal is up again this week and we'll have to see what happens. Either MP's will agree to it or it will be a No Deal Brexit, either is fine with me, but apparently not you Mobers, lol ;D

Online msmob

« Reply #2366 on: October 21, 2019, 04:54:11 AM »
Well so much for your 'Benn Act' i.e Surrender Act, Mobe, looks like Boris ended up making a fool out of him.

The deal is up again this week and we'll have to see what happens. Either MP's will agree to it or it will be a No Deal Brexit, either is fine with me, but apparently not you Mobers, lol ;D

Trech,

Real world:

Boris sent the letter - along with a 'counter' signed letter - the former was the formal request for an extension and the latter was an opinion...  The EU has acknowledged the request for an extension

Boris'  'deal' will be scrutinised - there'll be lots of amendments and probably one for the final deal to be put to us the people - with at least the option to remain

Prediction:  Trench 0 - 2 Moby ( Trench sad we'd be leaving in March and October ...)

Conclusion: Trench should pay listen more and  learn ;)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2367 on: October 21, 2019, 12:01:14 PM »
Trech,

Real world:

Boris sent the letter - along with a 'counter' signed letter - the former was the formal request for an extension and the latter was an opinion...  The EU has acknowledged the request for an extension

Boris'  'deal' will be scrutinised - there'll be lots of amendments and probably one for the final deal to be put to us the people - with at least the option to remain

Prediction:  Trench 0 - 2 Moby ( Trench sad we'd be leaving in March and October ...)

Conclusion: Trench should pay listen more and  learn ;)

Well Move, I know you're a fan of governing by opinion poll so look at this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50123223

Looks like voters from all three polls are in favour of Boris's EU Brexit Deal.

Yet the Speaker has today refused to let the bill cone back even though it would only be for its second time in this Parliamentary session thereby denying MP's the opportunity to vote on this important bill. Seems that the Speaker is acting rather unconstitutionally in allowing his own vices to dictatorially decide what is heard and what is not. Note that this deal hasn't even been voted on by MP's.

Odds of us heading to No Deal at the end of this month seems to have increased Mobers.

Online msmob

« Reply #2368 on: October 21, 2019, 12:17:32 PM »
Trench,

Mega-muppet mode..

The poll features a don't know about it  - beating 'it's OK' ..

Have you read the 100 page Bill that Boris' wanted to try to get a vote on having failed on Saturday ?

Unlike you - I have - it's a STINKER - full of Political promises - but no legislative commitment

Boris will now have his Bill voted on stage by stage and subject to amendments - then there'll be one allowing us to vote on it

That's fair

What's 'upsetting' you ?  I think I can guess ... "I told you so", comes to mind ...

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2369 on: October 21, 2019, 02:42:18 PM »
Trench,

Mega-muppet mode..

The poll features a don't know about it  - beating 'it's OK' ..

Have you read the 100 page Bill that Boris' wanted to try to get a vote on having failed on Saturday ?

Unlike you - I have - it's a STINKER - full of Political promises - but no legislative commitment

Boris will now have his Bill voted on stage by stage and subject to amendments - then there'll be one allowing us to vote on it

That's fair

What's 'upsetting' you ?  I think I can guess ... "I told you so", comes to mind ...

Mobe, the way you twisted statistics are ridiculous. The don't knows could easily vote for it. It's unlikely in any case that they would all vote against. Most likely they would not vote, aren't bothered or unsure either way. The best that could be said is that apart from those that ultimately decide not to vote, if it came to it, there would be a roughly even split deciding eventually to vote for or against, even if there was slightly more that chose to vote against it wouldn't alter it enough, the votes for would still be more.

Yes, I see Boris is pressing ahead trying to make progress despite all the negativity from Remoaners who have become so trapped in their own outlook they fail to see the good this deal could do for the country. We could trade mostly free from tariffs with the EU but also tap into markets like the US with free trade deals. Instead they still see it as trying to win some silly argument for a second referendum that voters are not in the while asking for.

They can choose to scupper the deal for party political reasons and they can can then see us go out with no deal, doesn't bother me I quite happy with no deal also :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2370 on: October 21, 2019, 09:41:41 PM »
No substance,

No no deal 'Brexit' on Oct 31st..

You are just not admitting it..

Your 'prediction' ...

FAIL

Crap deal...worse than May's and Boris is hoping to bore us to death?

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2371 on: October 22, 2019, 01:35:16 AM »
No substance,

No no deal 'Brexit' on Oct 31st..

You are just not admitting it..

Your 'prediction' ...

FAIL

Crap deal...worse than May's and Boris is hoping to bore us to death?

Don't worry Mobe, we'll soon be out of the EU :)

At the moment Remoaner MP's are moaning about the withdrawal bill being rammed through Parliament in three days, even though they did the same with the Surrender Act, lol, oh the hippocracy of it!

Online msmob

« Reply #2372 on: October 22, 2019, 03:07:39 AM »
Trench,

The Benn Act was how many pages, with how many law changes v the WAB?.......

Thanks for proving your 'knowledge', once more.

Even those who will vote FOR WAB ...including Letwin know the bill needs Scrutinising and (guess what?) Section 30 has a 'no deal' back door..to allow a govt to walk away during negotiations..

There's a section that will not be staying...

So, then Trench....

STILL claiming we will be leaving without a 'deal' on Oct 31st?

You belong with Jone in the "I post Bollox about the 'Brexit' process" camp ;)

Boris relies on ignorance...you are a 'useful idiot '

Online jone

« Reply #2373 on: October 22, 2019, 10:07:03 AM »
Hey,

I am not an authority on any UK politics.  Most of my posts were general opinions or questions.   Moreover, my own political philosophy tends more to the Remain side than the Leave side.  I dream of a united Europe and probably am more of a globalist than many of my friends on this forum.

However, the antagonistic approach of one of the posters here, on this forum, led me to refrain from posting on this thread as the two sides are bordering on desperation.   Rather than inform the forum, this thread is a constant source of vindictive insults. 

Meh.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online msmob

« Reply #2374 on: October 22, 2019, 12:34:12 PM »
Hey, Trench...

Think we will be leaving on Oct 31st?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9980
Latest: Marina21