It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 128271 times)

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #2476 on: November 13, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »
Yes it is

Typical Mr.'Mistake',,,,,cannot be bothered / cannot explain his'stance'...
No to Brexit, Yes to a People's Vote on Brexit, THEN a General Election

Online Trenchcoat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2477 on: November 13, 2019, 03:50:17 PM »
Another investment opportunity lost to 'brexit'..

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/13/tesla-cites-brexit-as-germany-chosen-over-uk-for-european-plant-elon-musk

Oh please Mobe, so we must decide the long term future of the country on a few individual businessmen's decision to go elsewhere. There is more to Brexit than a few businessmen wanting to grind from their axe over their wishes as to what this country does. If we were to give into them it would give power from the electorate to business interests, that would totally disenfranchise the majority of people in this country and reduce most of us back to serfs.
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2478 on: November 13, 2019, 06:59:03 PM »
Moby reading that leftie liberal garbage the Guardian again I see..the leftie liberal garbage he claimed he doesn't read...ho hum. : )))

Can always rely on Moby telling a porky pie.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:03:04 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Online BillyB

• Good Story
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2479 on: November 13, 2019, 07:15:32 PM »
Another investment opportunity lost to 'brexit'..

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/13/tesla-cites-brexit-as-germany-chosen-over-uk-for-european-plant-elon-musk

There are a lot of articles in America where the media writes about a factory leaving and jobs lost reporting gloom and doom while Trump is President yet every quarter our government reports an increase of jobs and a decrease in unemployment. The UK needs to vote in a guy like Trump. Your economy will get better and you don't need the EU to hold your hand and say "There, there Mobe, there, there". BTW, how'd that humble pie taste?
There are people that will pass info about you and your family. Do not share info about yourself or share photos as they can search for you on the internet and distribute what they found since they are allowed to participate here.

Offline msmob

« Reply #2480 on: November 14, 2019, 01:30:24 AM »
Two consecutive posts from two of THE most prolific posters of dumbness.

I suppose Elon Musk was 'misquoted' ...

Only DUMB posters try to 'defend' economic suicide..

Fact is neither of 'em have run biz' in the UK that import and export and could possibly understand the negatives of leaving THE biggest trading block .

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:57:44 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #2481 on: November 14, 2019, 05:59:46 AM »
Our very 'own Russian influence' scandal ?

Why DO the Tories wish to cover up a report our v.owbn security services say is OK to release ?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/11/11/secret-uk-report-names-conservatives-russian-oligarch-donors-sunday-times-a68126

Let's see the report and let us judge, please

Offline msmob

« Reply #2482 on: November 16, 2019, 07:45:31 AM »
For Trench

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2483 on: November 16, 2019, 12:09:02 PM »
For Trench

Mobers, yes they might all play it a bit wide, I know that, but I don't go on that but on the logical thought through rationing by myself that I would be better off out of the EU and the country as a whole.

I don't believe what has been said by the above mentioned was intended to deceive but rather where they thought or would like to be/proceed.

I personally think that Boris has done well to accomplish what Theresa May could not. No one really expected a deal to come forward, I don't think even Boris thought it was likely, yet here we are. To me the deal may have the potential to work out well for the UK to deliver Brexit but also offer the opportunity to reach agreements with the EU in future whilst not being subjected to the hefty fees of being part of the EU and over population due to free movement of people.

Offline msmob

« Reply #2484 on: November 17, 2019, 12:04:58 AM »
Trench,

All the statements were clearly untrue.

Period.

I suppose YOU believed them.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2485 on: November 17, 2019, 11:31:09 AM »
Trench,

All the statements were clearly untrue.

Period.

I suppose YOU believed them.

Seems that the Tories are not having any trouble convincing people Mobers, they're up by one point over the previous poll in the latest BBC poll tracker:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49798197

Gone up from 38 to 39 percent of all votes cast in the survey.

Looks like that's been taken of the Brexit Party who are one point down.

Labour, the Lib Dums and the rest are still on all the same.

If you're Lib Dums don't improve on the 16 percent they are down on then they could end up looking pretty dum come Election night Mobers.

Looks like the nation are fed up with all the putting it off from Remoan MO's and just want Brexit done with now and are getting behind Boris and his deal ;)

Online jone

« Reply #2486 on: November 17, 2019, 11:50:02 AM »
Have the Remain Tories been excluded from the Tory platform?   Just curious.   It would seem if the Tories win the seats that were previously held by Remain Tories with Brexit Tories, then the Tories would have enough votes to finish Brexit.  Or am I missing something?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2487 on: November 17, 2019, 01:19:42 PM »
Yes it is

No, the only difference is you have more right wingers defending a particular position in those US threads.  The same debates occur, and are as helpful in changing or expanding one's position as is this thread.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
To love someone means to see him as God intended him. - Fyodor Dostoevksy

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2488 on: November 17, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »
Have the Remain Tories been excluded from the Tory platform?   Just curious.   It would seem if the Tories win the seats that were previously held by Remain Tories with Brexit Tories, then the Tories would have enough votes to finish Brexit.  Or am I missing something?

Mostly, some Remain Tories left the party of their own accord about a year ago now, Anna Doubt, etc and formed ChangeUK party, they are not likely to hold onto their seats, some of those eventually joined the Lib Dems so they may or may not retain their seats. A few that left the Lib Dems either voluntarily or being thrown out are stepping down such as Nick Boles & Ken Clarke who do not wish to contest their seat. Those remaining Tories that got chucked out, about 11 as 10 were let back in of the 21, well they are either not standing or are contesting their seats with an unsure outlook on whether they will retain it. Dominic Grieve , an ex-Remain Tory night stand a chance of keeping his seat as he is in a strongly Remain constituency, it all depends how the vote breaks down, it could go against him if the replacement Tory candidate or someone else takes the seat.

So technically Jone you are somewhat right, Boris I think though would prefer to win more seats than Theresa May did so as to not have to need the support of the DUP.

There's no guarantee that replacement Tory candidates in ex-Tory Remain seats will not have Remain leanings. However, I think it is likely that most will know where the party and it's leadership now stand so its unlikely that they will be against Boris's deal and against leaving the EU to any strong degree. They might have been queried on that already as part of the selection process or as part of the emergency assignment by the party's executive.

Generally the big good news here is that even if Boris only gets in with a very slim majority he will have a party that will be much more supportive to his deal because the Tory Remain MP's will have largely been eradicated. On the opposition side there is likely to still be the odd few Labour Leave rebel MP's that may vote with the government, though again some are standing down. There may also be done that would rather just go with the deal and/or are from big Leave voting constituencies and may bear that in mind and vote for the deal.

I personally see this Election as a good chance to get rid of all the whingy whiny Remain MP's on both sides off the house. Losing the most ardent and vocal Remain MP's such as Anna Soubry, Dominic Grieve, Oliver Letwin, Jess Phillips and Yvette Cooper will in itself remove big annoyances to getting Brexit done. Yvette Cooper in particular is one scalp I would love to see taken on Election night, she is from a Labour constitutency that voted strongly to leave the EU so there is a good chance that they will be angry at the way she has been obstructive in Parliament and will go :)

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2489 on: November 17, 2019, 05:32:52 PM »

No, the only difference is you have more right wingers defending a particular position in those US threads.  The same debates occur, and are as helpful in changing or expanding one's position as is this thread.

No it isn't

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2490 on: November 18, 2019, 10:29:11 AM »
So explain to me how they are so different.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2491 on: November 18, 2019, 10:53:02 AM »
So explain to me how they are so different.

It's not up to me to explain anything to you. It was you that stated this thread is no different than those you cited. This thread has literally been nothing (as I stated)  but "Yes it is...No, it isn't". I didn't mention those threads you did. You explain how they are the same? Perhaps you'd like to find one with more left wing dingbat posts and cite that one instead?

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2492 on: November 18, 2019, 11:23:36 AM »
Lib Dums and SNP lose their legal challenge in court today to be included in the head to head debate. Another defeat for the Remoaners :D

Offline msmob

« Reply #2493 on: November 18, 2019, 12:12:14 PM »
Trench - you need to actually GET a life...

IF you heard the
Court ruling, the Judge correctly pointed out that it wasn't in the Court's remit as there is nothing in election rules that suggest a breach of law..

They can go to OfCom

In the meantime, I'd be a lot more worried about Boris' well dodgy associations

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2494 on: November 18, 2019, 03:41:44 PM »
It's not up to me to explain anything to you. It was you that stated this thread is no different than those you cited. This thread has literally been nothing (as I stated)  but "Yes it is...No, it isn't". I didn't mention those threads you did. You explain how they are the same? Perhaps you'd like to find one with more left wing dingbat posts and cite that one instead?

So, exactly the same as the Trump thread.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2495 on: November 18, 2019, 03:55:07 PM »

So, exactly the same as the Trump thread.

I don't see the connection is. But I often don't see a connection in most of the butthurt liberals claims. Maybe you should point that out to someone who actually posted in those threads?

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2496 on: November 18, 2019, 04:07:55 PM »
Not even sure why this thread is left out and not kept in same section as the Trump thread. If anything, the Trump thread is far more consequential to FSU (Ukraine/Russia). Especially now that Russia/Ukraine is again front and center with the current event than this Brexit thread. Both are 'political' anyway.
~1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming
~

msmob  (Yes, he really said these)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2497 on: November 18, 2019, 05:12:29 PM »
Trench - you need to actually GET a life...

IF you heard the
Court ruling, the Judge correctly pointed out that it wasn't in the Court's remit as there is nothing in election rules that suggest a breach of law..

They can go to OfCom

In the meantime, I'd be a lot more worried about Boris' well dodgy associations

Ah seeing the writing on the wall our we now Mobers, only the towel to throw in ;D

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2498 on: November 18, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »
Not even sure why this thread is left out and not kept in same section as the Trump thread. If anything, the Trump thread is far more consequential to FSU (Ukraine/Russia). Especially now that Russia/Ukraine is again front and center with the current event than this Brexit thread. Both are 'political' anyway.

There two different issues, suggestions have been made of Russian involvement in the coming GE campaign but that is rubbish, really more about running of the accusations of the last US Presidential Election.

Brexit does have a very real effect of what happens to Ukraine from the perspective of the EU. Essentially without money to the EU budget coming from the UK it removes any hope Ukraine might have had of joining the EU, for a long time, quite possibly indefinitely. That is good for us guys looking for love in Ukraine. The rest of Eastern Europe with the exception of Belarus and Moldova have been brought into the EU. The result is that they have lost the essence of what they are and are now just another 'place' in Europe.

Ukraine is a wonderful country where many other possibilities exist that do not and would not exist if it joined the EU. If it joined the EU it would have to bring itself into line with all of the EU policies, rules and regs. That stymies a nation, a few basic rules and regs are fine but too many just destroy the individuality and uniqueness of a place and makes every place samey. If Ukraine was brought into the EU all the gender equality bs would all come into play and totally destroy Ukraine as we know it. All the bad stuff we are fed up with in the west of dating in western society would come to Ukraine. It would spread the same awful state of society in the west to Ukraine. Then there would just be Russia or Belarus, to head for or Thailand, the Philippines, or maybe South America. Ukraine though gives us easy access and is convenient, not too large or too small.

Anyway, with our contribution to the EU budget gone the EU has already stated that other Western EU countries will have to make up the shortfall. That hasn't gone down well in places like Italy whose economy and national debt are in a worse state than ours. Basically the EU still had its hands full propping up the economies of Eastern Europe that it already has, Poland, etc. It won't want to take on more burden than it already has. Added to that the EU is digging itself into s financial black hole of its own making. It is itself building up big debts and expects it's West European members to pay the interest on these debts as part of their contribution. All the while it is adding to these debts which I believe AST some point in the not too distant future will become unmanageable and burdensome that it will create a severe economic crisis.

When that happens the UK will I hope happily long since departed from the EU and not be facing the full brunt of the sh*t hitting the fan. Basically the EU has made bad mistakes along the way in terms of the way its chosen to run itself. It should have aimed to exclude itself from taking on debt and told East European Members that while they won't have to pay membership fees in joining the EU they won't get given money either. They should have gotten access to free trading status but no freedom of movement until their country was on a par economically with western EU members. Instead the EU has chosen to unfairly penalise Western European nations for the shortcomings of Eastern European nations.

I would add that I don't see the problems in Greece or Italy having gone away yet. They will doubtless resurface in a few years time when panic sets in when again it is realised that they are so much in debt that they won't be able to service that debt.

The UK has a good chance to turn materrs around, free from the EU and the 9bn a year that we are paying in (I know we must be crazy to pay that scarily high sum off money) we can pay down the debt and balance the budget, but I think change will still have to occur. The big plus of leaving the EU aside from that and ending freedom of movement is that we will hopefully end up not just being 'another place' in Europe as under the EU and start feeling like a distinct society again :)

Offline msmob

« Reply #2499 on: November 19, 2019, 01:15:53 AM »
Trench,

You have had so many knockout punches that I can only assume you are nailed to your perch and 'pining for the Fiords ' !..

You have been consistently wrong and will be, again.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9983
Latest: dav111
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 494372
Total Topics: 19462
Most Online Today: 1462