It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 162512 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #2850 on: January 22, 2020, 01:30:36 PM »
Well it's through! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51210602

Not long now!!! :D :D ;D
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2851 on: January 23, 2020, 05:40:29 AM »
Let me educate you, Trench

Unless 'Bojo' is even more STUPID than I give him credit for - we have another 11 months of transition during which NOTHING should change ..

The Govt ran roughshod over a convention that a Bill should NOT try to change the power of a regional assembly's power and THAT will be yet another skeleton that will apply on 'BoJo'' ghost train of a ride in the future...

'Little Engerland' here you go ..

We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2852 on: January 23, 2020, 02:16:55 PM »
Let me educate you, Trench

Unless 'Bojo' is even more STUPID than I give him credit for - we have another 11 months of transition during which NOTHING should change ..

The Govt ran roughshod over a convention that a Bill should NOT try to change the power of a regional assembly's power and THAT will be yet another skeleton that will apply on 'BoJo'' ghost train of a ride in the future...

'Little Engerland' here you go ..

The bill got royal assent today Mobers :D

Some last ditch attempts by Remoaners in the Lord's to stop Brexit but in the end they had to concede defeat.

The prattle over the regional assemblies was more attempts to trip up Brexit. We certainly didn't need any more rattling on from them, the electorate have spoken :)

The next year of transition period doesn't bother me as we will be officially out of the EU come the end of this month :D

Enjoy the next few days count down to BREXIT DAY Mobers! :tongueout:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:44:13 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2853 on: January 23, 2020, 02:46:58 PM »
The bill got royal accent today Mobers :D

I'm not following the bill, but bills receive Royal Assent. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
Mon pays ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2854 on: January 23, 2020, 04:45:02 PM »

I'm not following the bill, but bills receive Royal Assent. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.

Both will happen at the same time as the Royals speak all posh ;D

Online msmob

« Reply #2855 on: January 23, 2020, 10:33:54 PM »
The bill got royal assent today Mobers :D

I post lots of spelling howlers, but at least on here can edit a mistake..This one of yours isn't laziness.. It is pure ignorance.

Some last ditch attempts by Remoaners in the Lord's to stop Brexit but in the end they had to concede defeat.

I would not be too sure of the 'last ditch' part..given the probable illegal aspect of riding roughshod over devolved assembly roles..

The prattle over the regional assemblies was more attempts to trip up Brexit. We certainly didn't need any more rattling on from them, the electorate have spoken :)

The electorate 'spoke' that BoJo was required over JC..  We did not get the referendum you feared..

The next year of transition period doesn't bother me as we will be officially out of the EU come the end of this month :D

Mercifully, Trench is too thick to realise UK PLC is still subject to EU Directives and Freedom of movement for Goods and people within EU rules.

Enjoy the next few days count down to BREXIT DAY Mobers! :tongueout:

What is there to 'enjoy' about watching the beginning of the end of the UK?
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2856 on: January 23, 2020, 11:18:34 PM »
I post lots of spelling howlers, but at least on here can edit a mistake..This one of yours isn't laziness.. It is pure ignorance.

I would not be too sure of the 'last ditch' part..given the probable illegal aspect of riding roughshod over devolved assembly roles..

The electorate 'spoke' that BoJo was required over JC..  We did not get the referendum you feared..

Mercifully, Trench is too thick to realise UK PLC is still subject to EU Directives and Freedom of movement for Goods and people within EU rules.

What is there to 'enjoy' about watching the beginning of the end of the UK?

We'll be watching the beginning of problems being set right in our country Mobers.

Freedom of movement will only go on for about another year. What we will know is that it will be ending in the near future and we'll get back control of our borders. Leaving the EU this 31st January sets all of this in play :)

I don't think you realise that JC was generally popular among Labour members. I thought he was a likeable and down to earth guy although I didn't agree with all of his policies such as on immigration, building more social housing, etc. So Boris got such inroads into Labour heartlands because they wanted Brexit. The Electorate decided the referendum had been done. No need to redo it :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2857 on: January 24, 2020, 06:18:18 AM »
We'll be watching the beginning of problems being set right in our country Mobers.

Freedom of movement will only go on for about another year. What we will know is that it will be ending in the near future and we'll get back control of our borders. Leaving the EU this 31st January sets all of this in play :)

I don't think you realise that JC was generally popular among Labour members. I thought he was a likeable and down to earth guy although I didn't agree with all of his policies such as on immigration, building more social housing, etc. So Boris got such inroads into Labour heartlands because they wanted Brexit. The Electorate decided the referendum had been done. No need to redo it :)

Trench,  thank you for spelling out your and the ignorance of many UK voters...

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2858 on: January 24, 2020, 07:13:19 PM »
Trench,  thank you for spelling out your and the ignorance of many UK voters...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51244126

Online msmob

« Reply #2859 on: January 25, 2020, 02:23:31 AM »
BoJo signed a document that will in practice work out VERY differently ..

That you aren't smart enough to realise the 'impracticalites' therein is NO surprise ...

The  EU know them and the Irish ca't believe their luck that he signed

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2860 on: January 25, 2020, 08:41:03 PM »
BoJo signed a document that will in practice work out VERY differently ..

That you aren't smart enough to realise the 'impracticalites' therein is NO surprise ...

The  EU know them and the Irish ca't believe their luck that he signed

Yes if Boris gets a trade deal done with the EU then the Irish know it will avoid their economy collapsing and being forced to leave the EU. So I'm not surprised they can't believe their luck that he signed it :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2861 on: January 26, 2020, 04:51:21 PM »
Yes if Boris gets a trade deal done with the EU then the Irish know it will avoid their economy collapsing and being forced to leave the EU. So I'm not surprised they can't believe their luck that he signed it :)

Trench,

You keep on proving you haven't got a clue.. Drove past Honda at Swindon, today.. The workers there were like Turkeys voting for Christmas ..

Toyota at Derby and no more investment at Washington in the NE of England ..  After Bridgend - all this should have been a clue ..

A monumentally stupid experiment in the folly of 'nationalism

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2862 on: January 27, 2020, 07:08:13 PM »
Trench,

You keep on proving you haven't got a clue.. Drove past Honda at Swindon, today.. The workers there were like Turkeys voting for Christmas ..

Toyota at Derby and no more investment at Washington in the NE of England ..  After Bridgend - all this should have been a clue ..

A monumentally stupid experiment in the folly of 'nationalism

Short term issues but the long term is far more prosperous future.

No longer will we be subjugated by the EU. We will once again be a free nation and with that becomes endless possibilities.

Soon we will become the strongest economy in Europe, surpassing Germany, no longer tied down by the EU.

You wait and see Mobers, the decision to leave the EU will pay off for the UK and it's residents.

It's clear you have no loyalty to the UK Mobe, you run to your EU, you won't fair well there. The EU is going nowhere good and we are better off without it. It's turned from a organisation of mutual cooperation to a domineering force. We're breaking free of that, Britain is going to be no one b*tch.

Good luck in your EU for as long as it lasts Mobers. Don't worry I will happily see you crawl back to the UK on your knees when it all goes sour ;)

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2863 on: January 27, 2020, 08:30:11 PM »
Mobe, total UK Victory, total EU defeat.

Online msmob

Re: Brexit bad
« Reply #2864 on: January 28, 2020, 12:48:16 AM »
Morning Trench !

We are already MUCH worse off and when I hear a leaver make excuses about - temporary - I know they know this is a mad experiment

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2865 on: January 30, 2020, 09:59:17 PM »
Morning Trench !

We are already MUCH worse off and when I hear a leaver make excuses about - temporary - I know they know this is a mad experiment

Morning Mobe! and wishing you a happy Brexit Day! :D

Brexit Day is finally here!!! Hooray :toocool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51315772

I hope you get out and see the festivities Mobe, perhaps nab yourself one of those commemorative Brexit Day coins.

A great day surely and one I much enjoy finally seeing.

Finally we are free of the EU, yay! :applause:

Finally we have a Free Britain :cheesy:

Enjoy Mobers!!! ;D

Online msmob

« Reply #2866 on: January 31, 2020, 12:03:46 AM »
Good morning, Trench !

If you pop down to Dover - at midnight - you'll find freedom for movement for EU citizens hasn't changed - 11 months more of bliss .))

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2867 on: January 31, 2020, 12:09:41 AM »
Good morning, Trench !

If you pop down to Dover - at midnight - you'll find freedom for movement for EU citizens hasn't changed - 11 months more of bliss .))

Suits me fine, fair enough to give folk a period of time to sort themselves out. Main thing is that we will officially no longer be part of the EU. That means no backing out, from here we can look to a brighter future determining our own affairs rather than have them decided for us.

Online msmob

« Reply #2868 on: January 31, 2020, 12:45:35 AM »
Trench,

You are going to be disappointed

We may even yet - crash out with no agreement - but *I* believe Boris' 'brexit' is going to be VERY much softer than Nige Farage sought - and I'm CERTAIN that we'll be worse off and the younger of the UK - what's left of it - we see that the break will not be for long

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:15:24 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2869 on: January 31, 2020, 01:14:54 AM »
Trench,

You are going to be disappointed

We may even yet - crash out with no agreement - but *I* believe Boris 'brexit' is going to be VERY much softer than Nige Farage sought - and I'm CERTAIN that we'll be worse off and the younger of the UK - what's left of it - we see that the break will not be for long

This break will most likely lead to all other western countries freeing themselves from the EU and a new organisation based on mutual cooperation rather than domination formed. Wait and see who will go next Mobers odds are it will be either France, Italy or the Republic of Ireland.

Online msmob

« Reply #2870 on: January 31, 2020, 02:18:51 AM »
This break will most likely lead to all other western countries freeing themselves from the EU and a new organisation based on mutual cooperation rather than domination formed. Wait and see who will go next Mobers odds are it will be either France, Italy or the Republic of Ireland.

))) I am very happy to ' take candy from a baby'

1/ Eire is one of the least likely to leave

2/ France? Don't you follow the ramblings of Le Pen? Even she's a Europhile...

3/ Italy? I will leave that for Sandro to explain to you....

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2871 on: January 31, 2020, 02:32:34 AM »

))) I am very happy to ' take candy from a baby'

1/ Eire is one of the least likely to leave

2/ France? Don't you follow the ramblings of Le Pen? Even she's a Europhile...

3/ Italy? I will leave that for Sandro to explain to you....

Mobe, roughly 60 percent of the French electorate have been surveyed as willing to vote to leave the EU, that's more than this country, lol. Plus it's economy particularly it's agriculture could depend on the EU doing a decent free trade deal with us.

Ireland's fortune's are much tied with the UK. Wherever the lead is pulled the dog must follow.

Italy is suffering economic burden as a result of paying into the EU. Now that we are leaving that economic burden will increase to make up the shortfall rather than the EU reign in their grand pet project of rebuilding Eastern Europe.

We're the beach head that other nations can clamber onto now Mobers :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2872 on: January 31, 2020, 03:14:09 AM »
Mobe, roughly 60 percent of the French electorate have been surveyed as willing to vote to leave the EU

Where did you glean that piece of 'data' .. breibart... ? The Local ? .. :deadhorse:

Ireland's fortune's are much tied with the UK. Wherever the lead is pulled the dog must follow.

It's precisely because of that attitude that the Oirish want to remain at all costs - duh !

Italy is suffering economic burden as a result of paying into the EU. Now that we are leaving that economic burden will increase to make up the shortfall rather than the EU reign in their grand pet project of rebuilding Eastern Europe.

Eastern European nations that joined the EU ARE catching up with earlier members, Trench ...  Clearly your trip to Poland taught you nothin' ((

We're the beach head that other nations can clamber onto now Mobers :)

'Sure' ... this is like Operation Jubilee... Crap planning and lots of casualties with nothing good to show for it .... look it up

Online Brillynt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2873 on: January 31, 2020, 07:17:11 AM »
Happy Brexit Day to all the Brits. Enjoy your new independence!

Online msmob

« Reply #2874 on: January 31, 2020, 07:45:37 AM »
Happy Brexit Day to all the Brits. Enjoy your new independence!

What is there to be 'happy' about ?

Independent from WHAT ?  The biggest trading club in the world ....? 'Never mind' we can do a 'great deal' with 'Trampu's' isolationist America ..

1/ a MUCH smaller market with less people

2/ With food hygiene and safety standards that are below par ?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 10006
Latest: amabemokuku
New This Month: 13
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 498813
Total Topics: 19572
Most Online Today: 3812
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 37
Guests: 3774
Total: 3811

+-Recent Posts

life in the time of the plague by krimster2
Today at 09:19:25 PM

Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi by Hammer2722
Today at 07:35:21 PM

Re: Sending money FROM Russia to the US by whynotme
Today at 07:30:19 PM

Re: Sending money FROM Russia to the US by IvanM07
Today at 06:48:05 PM

Re: What's your guess about these two? by msmob
Today at 05:56:50 PM

Re: Sending money FROM Russia to the US by whynotme
Today at 04:07:35 PM

Re: Is it possible to find a real 20-year-old Russian woman on dating sites? by Trenchcoat
Today at 03:50:45 PM

Re: Is it possible to find a real 20-year-old Russian woman on dating sites? by krimster2
Today at 10:51:51 AM

Re: What's your guess about these two? by 2tallbill
Today at 10:48:43 AM

Re: Is it possible to find a real 20-year-old Russian woman on dating sites? by ML
Today at 10:25:04 AM