It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?  (Read 173715 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent?
« Reply #2975 on: February 13, 2020, 11:36:38 PM »
Pound is soaring up to 1.20 against the Euro at the mo and pushing upwards ;)
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2976 on: February 14, 2020, 12:33:24 AM »
 Get back to us when it is 1.34 to the Euro and 1.60 to the USD...

2016 levels.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:12:51 AM by msmob »
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2977 on: February 14, 2020, 01:30:51 AM »
Her back to us when it is 1.34 to the Euro and 1.60 to the USD...

2016 levels.

Once we exit the transition period it will be there, better even :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2978 on: February 14, 2020, 02:17:52 AM »
Once we exit the transition period it will be there, better even :)

'Sure' we will..

Minus major employers who will be announcing they are off.

BoJo is already 'running' the nation into the ground...

1/ Chancellor forced to resign...because he and his team will question spending money we do not have

2/ The best, most respected N.Ireland Sec replaced...the guy who got both sides talking... because he KNOWS BoJo's deal is unworkable and said so

3/ Clumate Summit expert replaced with a guy who is a denier..

At least when this all goes PEAR SHAPED...and it will...BoJo can fire Cummings...
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2979 on: February 15, 2020, 01:57:11 PM »
'Sure' we will..

Minus major employers who will be announcing they are off.

BoJo is already 'running' the nation into the ground...

1/ Chancellor forced to resign...because he and his team will question spending money we do not have

2/ The best, most respected N.Ireland Sec replaced...the guy who got both sides talking... because he KNOWS BoJo's deal is unworkable and said so

3/ Clumate Summit expert replaced with a guy who is a denier..

At least when this all goes PEAR SHAPED...and it will...BoJo can fire Cummings...

Appears other member states are looking to see how we will do and will jump to if there is evidence of a better life outside the EU:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1242391/Brexit-news-EU-collapse-UK-trade-success-Angela-Merkel-Germany-warning-latest-news

And that evidence is already coming in!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1241752/euro-to-pound-exchange-rate-dollar-GBP-Sterling-brexit-coronavirus

What did I tell you Mobers! :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2980 on: February 15, 2020, 02:48:49 PM »
Appears other member states are looking to see how we will do and will jump to if there is evidence of a better life outside the EU:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1242391/Brexit-news-EU-collapse-UK-trade-success-Angela-Merkel-Germany-warning-latest-news

And that evidence is already coming in!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1241752/euro-to-pound-exchange-rate-dollar-GBP-Sterling-brexit-coronavirus

What did I tell you Mobers! :D

I told YOU to stop reading the Express if you wanted to read real news .. not what Domiinc Commings and co. want the brain dead to read..

Is the UK   the Euro  project ? 

'Thank you'

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2981 on: February 16, 2020, 06:01:56 PM »
I told YOU to stop reading the Express if you wanted to read real news .. not what Domiinc Commings and co. want the brain dead to read..

Is the UK   the Euro  project ? 

'Thank you'

Looks to me like Germany is worried, they look like they might lose out on the top spot of strongest European economy to the UK. Germany has been weighed down by dealing with the problems in Greece and still continues to do so. That and now it will have to help carry most of the rest of the EU an even bigger burden. Meanwhile the UK look set to soon become burden free of the EU, not weighed down anymore by hefty membership fees. If import taxes are levelled under WTO or similar terms then that could hit the German car industry hard. We meanwhile are not so reliant on the EU economies that we can adapt more readily. This will become even more so after we leave the transition period and will mean we will be better placed by not tying ourselves to one market that if it tanks then ours would too.

Fancy the UK beating Germany to strongest European economy Mobers? :)

Online msmob

« Reply #2982 on: February 17, 2020, 02:52:12 AM »
Trench,

You are as clueless about economic inter relationships as you are the ladies.

IF Germany pulls in her horns and has to make savings....where DO you think will be her first stop, especially if the UK's stance in negotiations means an end to just in time stock movements, complex import taxes and re export taxes.....?

The Muppet in you is strong

Best you worry about the UK economy and well as any downturn in Germany's

There'll be lots of redundancies in Swindon, Bridgend and the City of London.

Where will those tax £ come from?...an increase in retail expenditure....?

Don't expect any relief from insecurity to last....

Realisation that no deal has been done WILL focus attention on the UK...and it's precarious position, alone.

Online msmob

« Reply #2983 on: February 19, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »
The UK Govt appeased the NUMPTIES, today ...

Visas for those who have well paid [ +20 points]  job offers [ +20 points] , in certain fields ( but not agricultural ones !) [ +20 points]  speak English,[ +10 points]  will achieve the magic 70 points barrier

BUT

If you are in the seasonal agriculture, hospitality, elderly care, construction or health-care sectors and need labourers - FORGET it ..

The  govt lied about the numbers of 16-164 year old who are economically inactive .... NOT a good start

Who drives wealth .. the entrepreneurs and businesses or lazy voters  - like  Trench ?

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2984 on: February 19, 2020, 12:25:55 PM »
That sounds like the Canadian model.  However, agricultural workers, carers, etc., who wouldn't qualify under the points system can get temporary foreign worker visas.  This is also a path to citizenship, just longer.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
True love begins when nothing is looked for in return.  Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2985 on: February 19, 2020, 03:40:19 PM »
The UK Govt appeased the NUMPTIES, today ...

Visas for those who have well paid [ +20 points]  job offers [ +20 points] , in certain fields ( but not agricultural ones !) [ +20 points]  speak English,[ +10 points]  will achieve the magic 70 points barrier

BUT

If you are in the seasonal agriculture, hospitality, elderly care, construction or health-care sectors and need labourers - FORGET it ..

The  govt lied about the numbers of 16-164 year old who are economically inactive .... NOT a good start

Who drives wealth .. the entrepreneurs and businesses or lazy voters  - like  Trench ?

For the health sector they also only need less salary to qualify around £22.5k rather than the £26.5k.

It makes good economic sense for employers to get people of the dole to do the unskilled jobs rather than constantly import East Europeans because UK employers are too lazy to bother with the minimal training needed when they can get them already oven baked without any bother from Eastern Europe.

When you consider how much this move is likely to reduce the social security bill to the government/taxpayer it makes good sense.

My only reservation with today's announcement is:

1). It may allow too many skilled workers into the country.

2). The 6 month visa free for tourists may let in people into the country who then won't leave and drop anchor babies, etc. I am hoping that when it gets to it more thought, changes and restrictions to the more risky countries will be made.

Online msmob

Re: Brexit bad
« Reply #2986 on: February 19, 2020, 03:57:13 PM »
For the health sector they also only need less salary to qualify around £22.5k rather than the £26.5k.

THAT will not help care homes ... This is legislation dreamt up of the Trench electorate ..a recipe for DISASTER

It makes good economic sense for employers to get people of the dole to do the unskilled jobs rather than constantly import East Europeans because UK employers are too lazy to bother with the minimal training needed when they can get them already oven baked without any bother from Eastern Europe.

Shows how much Trench knows .. Trench personifies the lazy UK worker .. workers from other EU countries get the jobs because :

They work harder

They are smarter

When you consider how much this move is likely to reduce the social security bill to the government/taxpayer it makes good sense.

Oh, please tell us how you worked this one out ?     :popcorn:  Industry suffers, tax receipts go DOWN ....  I KEEP reminding you .. EU workers pay £2600 more in annual taxes than UK workers

My only reservation with today's announcement is:

1). It may allow too many skilled workers into the country.

No cap - that's about the only smart thing in this new regime ... Wages might fall in high paid jobs

2). The 6 month visa free for tourists may let in people into the country who then won't leave and drop anchor babies, etc. I am hoping that when it gets to it more thought, changes and restrictions to the more risky countries will be made.

?? Please explain

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2987 on: February 19, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »
THAT will not help care homes ... This is legislation dreamt up of the Trench electorate ..a recipe for DISASTER

Shows how much Trench knows .. Trench personifies the lazy UK worker .. workers from other EU countries get the jobs because :

They work harder

They are smarter

Oh, please tell us how you worked this one out ?     :popcorn:  Industry suffers, tax receipts go DOWN ....  I KEEP reminding you .. EU workers pay £2600 more in annual taxes than UK workers

No cap - that's about the only smart thing in this new regime ... Wages might fall in high paid jobs

?? Please explain

Your not liking it, I can tell that Mobe but it's going to be the reality that you'll have to get used to. I think you'll find it works out better than you think. Hopefully they will introduce a cap, I think that will soon prove necessary once these reforms are brought in, that and more work done on the visa free idea.

Overall though great to be losing freedom of movement :D

Online msmob

« Reply #2988 on: February 19, 2020, 04:14:09 PM »
Your not liking it, I can tell that Mobe but it's going to be the reality that you'll have to get used to.

Ironically, for my Russian colleagues - the new regime is better - no caps ...  You should be VERY afraid ;) 

I think you'll find it works out better than you think.

As you do not employ people - you've not got a scooby do...   it's a f'n disaster waiting to happen  - a sop to the Daily Mail reader and yet ANOTHER reason to look at other places to locate a biz

Hopefully they will introduce a cap, I think that will soon prove necessary once these reforms are brought in, that and more work done on the visa free idea.

You're 'right' - a lot of smart people are on their way, next year ... I can assure you of that ;)

Overall though great to be losing freedom of movement :D

You can't afford to import a wife from outside the EU  - so you'll be crying, soon

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #2989 on: February 19, 2020, 04:24:36 PM »
Ironically, for my Russian colleagues - the new regime is better - no caps ...  You should be VERY afraid ;) 

As you do not employ people - you've not got a scooby do...   it's a f'n disaster waiting to happen  - a sop to the Daily Mail reader and yet ANOTHER reason to look at other places to locate a biz

You're 'right' - a lot of smart people are on their way, next year ... I can assure you of that ;)

You can't afford to import a wife from outside the EU  - so you'll be crying, soon

I assure you I can afford to import a wife Moby and by the humane route also ;)

Soon a cap will be introduced once the uni crowd realise they are being screwed over, there will be outcry and changes will be made. I think they may already intend to change this nearer the time but they need to keep business onside till we leave the EU and this was the way off doing it.

Online msmob

« Reply #2990 on: February 19, 2020, 11:13:41 PM »
I assure you I can afford to import a wife Moby and by the humane route also

I assure you - you can't - based on what YOU tell us and the law .. are you lying to us ..?

Soon a cap will be introduced once the uni crowd realise they are being screwed over, there will be outcry and changes will be made. I think they may already intend to change this nearer the time but they need to keep business onside till we leave the EU and this was the way off doing it.

There will not be caps until shortages in many occupations are filled  :popcorn:

You are one of the clueless voters this govt is claiming to appease ... the govt keep proving they aren't interested in what those who employ people say ..

"“Several aspects of the new system will be welcomed by business, particularly abolishing the cap on skilled visas, introducing a new post-study work visa for overseas students, and reducing the minimum salary threshold from £30,000.

“Nonetheless, in some sectors firms will be left wondering how they will recruit the people needed to run their businesses. With already low unemployment, firms in care,  construction, hospitality, food and drink could be most affected.

“Firms know that hiring from overseas and investing in the skills of their workforce and new technologies is not an ‘either-or’ choice – both are needed to drive the economy forward.

“So careful implementation across all UK nations and regions will be required. A regularly reviewed shortage occupations list, with promises of further flexibility, will be vital for the effectiveness of the new system. Above all, the government must work with employers and employees – especially smaller firms – to ensure they have the time to adapt to new policies and practices.”

Apart from the drop from the planned £30 k min salary - it appears the govt is NOT listening to biz

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 10012
Latest: Notung
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 502328
Total Topics: 19609
Most Online Today: 1689
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 36
Guests: 1630
Total: 1666

+-Recent Posts

Re: When do you think international travel will begin? by msmob
Today at 02:57:59 AM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by fathertime
Yesterday at 10:07:03 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by BillyB
Yesterday at 09:37:51 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by calmissile
Yesterday at 09:02:37 PM

Re: Russian plane brings medical supplies to USA by ML
Yesterday at 08:15:26 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:06:07 PM

When do you think international travel will begin? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:51:01 PM

Re: Russian plane brings medical supplies to USA by SANDRO43
Yesterday at 06:43:56 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:02:31 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by GQBlues
Yesterday at 05:52:43 PM