It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First trip to Russia  (Read 5637 times)

Online DCcowboy

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: First trip to Russia
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2019, 08:20:22 PM »
I have decided I have spent enough money in this venture so I am going to wrap things up with my Russian Lady friend. I got a email back from her that she does not want a two room suite, she wanted completely separate rooms altogether. Which I guess I cant blame her, and she is willing to pay for the room herself, but fortunately I was going to reserve at a closed resort, were I can get a suite for 7 days everything included for $1000. I am sure some of the US veterans on here will know what I am talking about. What did me in with her was the persistence of staying on the PPL site.

I went ahead and spent $30 bucks on a month memberships with R__cupid.com and already found two ladies on there willing to just communicate via email both extremely beautiful. So off I go again on typing emails.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2019, 09:01:51 PM »
wise move...
an even wiser one is to pick Ukraine over Russia...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:07:04 PM by krimster2 »
вы думаете, что любой из этих людей, даже российских, подозревает, что я русский?

вот как я могу создать американскую личность
Я могу взять напрокат

Online LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #177 on: Yesterday at 01:02:56 AM »
  But I have told her I want to start using Skype or something else and left it up to her to decide if she wants to continue to communicate with me.

I don't understand, I thought you wrote here previously that you speak mainly with this girl on Skype and only use ppl site for a letter once per week?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online DCcowboy

« Reply #178 on: Yesterday at 02:35:11 AM »
I don't understand, I thought you wrote here previously that you speak mainly with this girl on Skype and only use ppl site for a letter once per week?
we do, but she constantly asked about when I was going to write her, and she misses my letters.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #179 on: Yesterday at 11:18:16 AM »
we do, but she constantly asked about when I was going to write her, and she misses my letters.

Yeah, misses the money from them, lol. In that case I think you did right to ditch her as that's an even bigger Red Flag.

I'm pretty certain having read that, that she would have tried to offload the room cost on you, or perhaps not even turned up.
No Deal is Ideal :)

Online GenMish

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #180 on: Today at 10:00:18 AM »
I am sorry this didn't work out for DC, just two things to add as she might not be a scammer
1) She was willing to meet in Moscow, but DC couldn't go there
2) I understand the two room issue, as fine Russian Women want respect more than anything else, especially to the man she is going to marry

I got an interpreter in Moscow that is awesome, his English is better than mine and his Russian is 10x better. He wont play the commission game, so you will learn pretty quick if translation is the issue. Just message me if you want his viber number

Online Jamesukjames

« Reply #181 on: Today at 10:39:03 AM »
All I can say is what a load of tosh.  In my growing experience UK women mess you about 3rd date is sex and for the rest of the relationship supply of sex is a control measure.  F s u for some reason sex is a first date conclusion with the woman wanting more sex than the man can physically supply.  Dating agencies I've really noticed usa men would rather pay someone to do the spade work and get all upset when they get conned.  I see usa men whining into their phones at the airport for someone to help them out rather than sorting themselves.  Ukraine  is one of the great frontiers if you kick arse but if you go in all westernized you deserve to get ripped off.

Online Jamesukjames

« Reply #182 on: Today at 10:41:21 AM »
If it's not what's app or Viber video calls you never even got started.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #183 on: Today at 02:29:00 PM »
I am sorry this didn't work out for DC, just two things to add as she might not be a scammer
1) She was willing to meet in Moscow, but DC couldn't go there
2) I understand the two room issue, as fine Russian Women want respect more than anything else, especially to the man she is going to marry.

There might be that but DC would never really know if he was being played or was a matter of respect if he did go through with the whole two room thing. After first meet he would be looking for things to get more cosy for the second meet and indeed her to be into him for there to be a second date. If she still insisted on two rooms then I would say she is playing him.

The thing is if he had travelled to Moscow she might have played him in a different way. DC came up with Spain as he couldn't do Moscow so that may have just played straight into her hands.

There's probably a few modest women in Ukraine but I think more often than not it's an excuse that is used by girls wishing to play guys. Not saying that they are doing sex with local guys all the time but I think as has been said before on here they tend to be less hung up on sex issues there.

I think what James has said is right. DC needs to learn as he goes as most of us do, what means what. If he can't go to Russia then maybe he can go to Ukraine? Ukraine is now Russia's enemy and vice versa and pro western aligned. I think asking a girl to go to Spain is just setting her off on the wrong path to begin with, never mind him. If not Ukraine the perhaps a country just over the border in the EU.
No Deal is Ideal :)

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #184 on: Today at 04:48:45 PM »
F s u for some reason sex is a first date conclusion

You are making far too broad a statement. 

I asked two FSUM about this, one married in his early forties, the other is now in his early thirties, unmarried. 

Their views - this may be true of women in their mid thirties and above, because generally, they are not sought by local men, and there is a shortage of men starting for that age group because of alcoholism.  So, they are sex deprived.  But for the most part, a three date rule holds in Ukraine as well, sometimes even longer.  The other thing they both said is that they would not take a woman who pushes them to bed on a first date seriously as marriage material.

There was one FSUW posting here occasionally, who posted she slept with her husband the first day he arrived in Russia.  They had been corresponding, and calling (pre Skype) for six months, and she felt she knew him well.  On a RW forum, she has boasted of her "exciting" lover.  But she's not willing to leave the boring husband for the lover, because the husband offers her material comfort.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:52:23 PM by Boethius »
To love someone means to see him as God intended him. - Fyodor Dostoevksy

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9887
Latest: SeriousMan
New This Month: 11
New This Week: 3
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 476327
Total Topics: 19115