It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How She Views Your Home Country  (Read 116 times)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
    • Mendeleyev Journal
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
How She Views Your Home Country
« on: November 06, 2018, 10:46:20 PM »
How she views your home country is important.

I know that most of friends and relatives are negative in general about you finding a woman from Eastern Europe or Asia. You have probably been warned about gold diggers, visa whores, and because they exist you should play this game with the big head while keeping the little head in check.

But there are plenty of very fine women out there seeking a good man. In fact, the odds of your success are so great that unless you are a total misfit, you can bring home a wife. The harder job is to keep her, because once in your home country she will have lots of options. The good news is that if you use your brain and don't rush, you can find a keeper.

My fellow journalist Nolan Peterson wasn't really looking for a wife. He served in the US military as an Air Force pilot in Iraq, Afghanistan, and has been a war correspondent in Eastern Ukraine.

I appreciate his work and perspective on the situation in Ukraine. What his new bride thinks of his home country is very interesting!

http://www.dailysignal.com/2018/11/02/ill-never-be-the-same-my-ukrainian-wifes-first-trip-to-the-united-states/?fbclid=IwAR2bGwDxciKAom9-k4A_N4qmbMIchlX_tw0OykkRehTnj49i2OROsamssd4

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:49:43 PM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: How She Views Your Home Country
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »
I really enjoyed that write-up Mendy; thanks for alerting us.
Winston Churchill.  “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: How She Views Your Home Country
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 11:31:05 PM »
Thanks Mendy.
My wife has always liked things here better  ,and yes mostly related to how we treat each other as far as strangers, hospitality industry  staff , store clerks, government workers etc.
Initially she had genuine compliments from complete strangers (women) on some article of clothing, or her appearance  and said it was much more common than in her past experience.

Certainly there were some rotten eggs as well,but overall very positive experiences.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9832
Latest: DCRussian1984
New This Month: 6
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 484441
Total Topics: 18971
Most Online Today: 1239
Most Online Ever: 2480