It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First trip to Odessa  (Read 4882 times)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: First trip to Odessa
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2018, 05:21:59 AM »
FWIW -- the first part of the road (maybe 100kms) is ok and progress will be good ( & you will be starting to think "ahh what did that guy know " !!  After that mmm

Exactly my experience, although I was being driven in a coach travelling from Kyiv to Odesa.  I was thinking to myself that this wasn't too bad at all, when the lovely stewardess told me to pick up my cup of tea unless I wanted to wear it, because the road got pretty bumpy after that hundred kilometres had gone by - and this was on the best motorway in the country!

Hopefully it has been repaired since then.  ;D

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2018, 02:20:43 PM »
Exactly my experience, although I was being driven in a coach travelling from Kyiv to Odesa.  I was thinking to myself that this wasn't too bad at all, when the lovely stewardess told me to pick up my cup of tea unless I wanted to wear it, because the road got pretty bumpy after that hundred kilometres had gone by - and this was on the best motorway in the country!

Hopefully it has been repaired since then.  ;D

My reference to the road was from Odesa to Izmail --  the road via Zatoka is ok,it is after that it deteriorates.

The Kyiv -Odesa  road is mostly dual highway and good road with no real degree of difficulty --EXCEPT --  even on brand new roads  of close to western freeway standard --  holes appear that can go untouched for months !
When i say holes --these are at the least a tyre blowing crunch if hit at speed .maybe damage the rim --maybe rip a corner of the car out-maybe create an accident from minor to major.
It is nothing to get overtaken by someone doing 160kmh plus on these roads --  and a major concern is getting caught up in someone else's accident !
BTW--when I say holes -- these can be a pothole to a 2metre  (6'6")  x  600mm (2 foot) deep x  300mm(1foot) wide that literally appears out of nowhere -- and that is what makes them so dangerous.
With other traffic around you may not see them until point blank and if in multiples a potential disaster looms.

This is quite different to the broken condition that you find on secondary roads where whole sections of road  can go missing-- and holes large enough to swallow a car (yes -really!) . At times it means coming to a complete stop  and  reversing until you can see a way to pick your way through the "road" !

On that major highway 130kmh is easy enough --save for my comments above.

While I am at it -- the degree of difficulty in rain or snow and/or at night rises dramatically .
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:54:13 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online BillyB

• Good Story
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 09:01:53 PM »
Oh boy, she joined the site

Olchik? Maybe she will tell us you were a bad boy.  ;)
Do your part to limit the spread of COVID-19

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 10056
Latest: kelbro
New This Month: 14
New This Week: 2
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 506646
Total Topics: 19680
Most Online Today: 1936
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 31
Guests: 1645
Total: 1676

+-Recent Posts

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by Grumpy
Today at 10:33:55 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by calmissile
Today at 10:09:57 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by Grumpy
Today at 09:24:11 PM

Re: FSU Documentaries by Grumpy
Today at 04:26:50 PM

Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent? by Trenchcoat
Today at 03:12:30 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by BC
Today at 02:39:09 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by Gator
Today at 11:48:25 AM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by Gator
Today at 11:45:16 AM

Today at 11:43:17 AM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by BillyB
Today at 10:59:23 AM