It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My last night in good old USA, Ukraine here I come!  (Read 4481 times)

Offline CaptB

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: My last night in good old USA, Ukraine here I come!
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2019, 09:15:48 PM »
Steve,

Glad to hear you are taking things a little slower. The "hurry-ups" for adjustment of status, green card etc. sounds good......at first. But there will be an adjustment period just to things "in normal life".......some of which you can not always anticipate. Case in point:...my wife lived her entire life in 9 story Stalin era apartments. Before landing in the states......she was very excited about living in a "house". From the first night it was apparent that she was a little uncomfortable in the house. I asked her "why".......she said "all of the open space surrounding the house (normal sized suburban yard....not the boondocks). Of course within a few weeks she began see all of the advantages of living in a house.....especially "garden space" Now, of course, she would never be happy in an apartment or condo, etc. We just moved to SW Florida five months ago and already she hinted about buying the empty lot next door :-)

Congratulations !

Capt B
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:20:43 PM by CaptB »
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2019, 09:58:05 AM »
Case in point:...my wife lived her entire life in 9 story Stalin era apartments. Before landing in the states......she was very excited about living in a "house". From the first night it was apparent that she was a little uncomfortable in the house. I asked her "why".......she said "all of the open space surrounding the house (normal sized suburban yard....not the boondocks).

Yes, there are a couple more examples of this.

1) A former poster (he doesn't show up often here now) noted how his young FSU wife wanted to move from their nice suburban home to an apartment down into the crowded city.  This was the opposite of 'most' Americans who try to go the other direction (except for retired folks maybe).  But it was probably just a reflection of her background and what she thought was 'normal.'

2) My own wife finally told me after several years that she was somewhat afraid at our house.  Surrounded by 30 or so acres of woods and nearest other house a quarter mile or so away. 
Her family thought for sure we would be killed by wild animals.
Winston Churchill.  “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

Online Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2019, 10:04:52 AM »
Yes, there are a couple more examples of this.

1) A former poster (he doesn't show up often here now) noted how his young FSU wife wanted to move from their nice suburban home to an apartment down into the crowded city.  This was the opposite of 'most' Americans who try to go the other direction (except for retired folks maybe).  But it was probably just a reflection of her background and what she thought was 'normal.'

2) My own wife finally told me after several years that she was somewhat afraid at our house.  Surrounded by 30 or so acres of woods and nearest other house a quarter mile or so away. 
Her family thought for sure we would be killed by wild animals.

We had a poster here from long, long ago write a Ukrainian woman that he lived on a ranch (true) in Malibu and owned two horses he used for coyote hunting. She wrote him back and suggested he sell his horses and buy an apartment in the city.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2019, 09:37:38 AM »

We had a poster here from long, long ago write a Ukrainian woman that he lived on a ranch (true) in Malibu and owned two horses he used for coyote hunting. She wrote him back and suggested he sell his horses and buy an apartment in the city.

It is quite amazing how some people are so influenced by their own experienced lifestyle up to any point in time and assume that it is the most desirable.  This seems to be very prevalent with FSU gals . . . but then it probably follows from them thinking they are always right about any and every thing . . . especially relative to a western person.

At the other extreme are those who migrated to North America from Europe starting 'way back when' without much of a clue as to the living conditions they would face.  They just hoped (and had heard) that a better life was possible.

I count myself lucky that I am able to be comfortable living in big cities and in rural areas.
But when given the opportunity to truly choose . . . I will always go with the rural area.

Of course those living in rural areas in USA can have a much different life than those living in rural areas of FSU.  i.e. Here we are often only an hour's drive or so away (and have a vehicle to make the trip) from a major metropolitan area for all the shopping and culture we wish for.
Winston Churchill.  “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9900
Latest: Привет
New This Month: 12
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 477651
Total Topics: 19147
Most Online Today: 1299
Most Online Ever: 2480
(November 01, 2018, 05:22:05 PM)
Users Online
Members: 37
Guests: 1173
Total: 1210

+-Recent Posts

Re: Hair length Poll by Gator
Today at 08:01:32 PM

Re: How does a girl choose which guys she wishes to meet? by Gator
Today at 07:38:17 PM

Hair length Poll by 2tallbill
Today at 07:30:21 PM

Today at 07:24:05 PM

Re: Are FSUW more feminine? YES it's not even close (in my opinion) by Gator
Today at 06:53:57 PM

Hair length Poll by 2tallbill
Today at 06:37:28 PM

Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent? by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:01:20 PM

Today at 05:52:54 PM

Re: Are FSUW more feminine? YES it's not even close (in my opinion) by Trenchcoat
Today at 05:50:53 PM

Today at 05:41:52 PM