It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine to UK visa advice please  (Read 8936 times)

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Ukraine to UK visa advice please
« on: December 02, 2018, 03:15:33 PM »
Hi all I'm a UK guy.  Having had a rough divorce from a UK woman I'm now dating a beautiful Ukranain she has a 5 year old son from her first marriage.  I've read all the official UK government paperwork but would like some advice on the process of moving this little family to the UK.  Her ex hasn't seen his son for 4 years.  She is my 5th FSU relationship and I have the experience to say they were all so much better than UK women. 

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
Re: Ukraine to UK visa advice please
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 08:23:40 PM »
  Her ex hasn't seen his son for 4 years. 

If her ex has joint custody of the son, she'll need to get his permission to move the child out of the country. If she can prove to a court that the father is absent from the child's life, she can obtain full custody and won't need the father's permission. Your lady may have to hire an attorney to get full custody.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 11:34:56 PM »
Good luck with finding an 'attorney' in the UK

What - specifically - help are you asking for that is UK immigration related in relation to the child ?

Surely, you'd be looking at getting permission from the father in Ukraine ?

Offline JayH

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 12:21:48 AM »
James -- first off -- forget Silly Billy incorrect advice -he feels compelled  to post even when knowing zero on the topic -- which is most things  !
Your question has 2 parts --the UK requirements  to allow entry -- and the Ukraine to allow exit.

For a child to cross the  international border out of Ukraine --  it is possible to add the child to mother's passport ( personally -I think better to get the child their own passport from the start)   -- however -that is  not enough in itself.
You need a very specific document signed by the father that allows (gives permission ) to leave Ukraine. That is presuming he is on the birth certificate as the father of the child.
That applies even if he has never seen the child or contributed a cent to the child's welfare.
If not on the birth certificate it is a much easier way.

There are lawyers in Ukraine that can help you get the necessary documentation if you are dealing with a hostile father. Many issues can arise eg your girl not wanting to speak/contact/have anything to do with the father (it is common issue).It may not so easy to get a Ukraine court to give you what you want - so be prepared.
There are people here on the forum that have been through -- and are - dealing with these issues/

To enter UK -- you need the same documents -plus whatever the specific UK entry.

UPDATED ADDITION -this will be of interest to many
 After posting above I started to have another  look at this  -what I wrote above   may still apply to emigration .
But--

Ukrainian mothers no longer need permits from fathers for short trips

Previously kids travelling with the mother or the father had to have a written permission to leave the country from the second parent. This is no longer necessary. One guardian can take the child overseas without a written document signed by the second parent, if they leave the country for a short period of time.

However, the new rules require the guardian to inform the second parent in writing via registered mail about the forthcoming trip and its particulars. Such information should include the purpose of the visit, the place where the child is going and for how long.

The guardian also has to provide court orders regarding residency of the child and return tickets on the border, Finance.ua reported.

The written permission is not necessary if the child is leaving Ukraine for no longer than for 1 month. Permission to leave temporarily is also unnecessary if the second parent hasn’t paid child support for 4 months. In cases where the child is seriously ill, 3-month debt of alimony allows the mother to get a waiver.

Minor children leaving abroad

In accordance with article 2 “On procedure of leaving and entering Ukraine by the citizens of Ukraine”, minor citizens of Ukraine can leave Ukraine upon availability of the passport of the citizen of Ukraine, diplomatic passport, service passport, child’s travel document, which is issued to children aged up to eighteen years or if they are included in the passport of one of the parents and are accompanied by one of them.

In accordance with section 4 of “Rules for crossing the state border by the citizens of Ukraine” approved by the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 57 dd. January 27, 1995 (as revised by the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 724 dd. August 25, 2010), citizens, who have not reached the age of 16 years, accompanied by one of the parents or other individuals authorized by one of the parents in the notarized written consent, are allowed to leave Ukraine upon providing:

1) notarized written consent from the other parent, where they must state destination country and period of stay in that country if such parent is not present at the check point ;

2) without notarized written consent from the other parent:

if the other parent is a foreigner or a person without citizenship, which is proved by the record about parent in the child’s birth certificate and who is not present at the check point;
if there is a record about changing place of residence to a permanent place of residence outside of Ukraine or a note on a permanent consular registration in diplomatic mission or consular institution of Ukraine abroad in the passport of the citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad, with whom a citizen, who has not reached the age of 16, crosses the state border or in a travel document of a child;
in case of submission of documents or their notarized copies:
– death certificate of the other parent;

– court decision declaring deprivation of parental rights of the other parent;

– court decision declaring the other parent missing;

– court decision declaring the other parent legally incompetent;

– court decision on granting the citizen, who has not reached the age of 16, permission to leave Ukraine without consent and unaccompanied by the other parent;

– reference on child’s birth issued by the Registration Office with an indication of the reasons for including information about father in accordance with paragraph 1 article 135 of the Family Code of Ukraine (when a child is leaving abroad accompanied by single mother)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:56:11 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 01:06:42 AM »
We ve already had holidays as a family outside the Ukraine so the pasport part is ok.  But I can foresee maybe some lack of contact operation from bio dad.  I'm interested to hear how the immigration interview in kiev pans out

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 01:09:03 AM »
Co operation typo above post

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 01:28:47 AM »
But I can foresee maybe some lack of contact operation from bio dad.  I'm interested to hear how the immigration interview in kiev pans out

Immigration interview is easy to pass. What will hold you up is the father's permission to allow his child to leave the country, especially if you have to go to court over it. Better take care of that sooner than later.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 01:57:35 AM »
Immigration interview is easy to pass.

Ah, really - you're a UK citizen. now,  and know all about this process ?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 02:32:34 AM »
OK please tell me where the holes are in my plan.  We are both divorced and both said never marry again but find ourselves in the situation where this is the way forward so little marriage in Ukraine.  Then she must pass the English language test at the lowest level which is quite hard I have a degree and struggled with the twists and turns of the practice exam.  Then an interview in Kiev for her and son.  Then visa given or not given.  Ps I'm not disrespectful just don't want their names all over a forum

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 03:06:00 AM »
Ok.
I did this some years ago but it should still hold true.

As you are a divorcee you will have to obtain a Certifucate of No Impediment to marry again.
To get this, visit your local registrars and apply for one.
After you get the CNI you will have to get it apostilled at the FCO in Milton Keynes. It’s done by post so you won’t need to physically go there.
All the documents will then have to be translated and notarized. Do that in Ukraine, it’s way cheaper.
About her child. You will need the fathers permission for the child to leave Ukraine and also for the visa application. If relations between her and ex are good then she should ask him for a a letter giving his permission to leave Ukraine and live in the UK permanently. Also include permission to travel to all other countries.
The permission letter will have to be notarized and translated.
Last, no visa interviews. Applications all decided on paper.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 06:41:00 AM »
Ah, really - you're a UK citizen. now,  and know all about this process ?

You're a UK citizen and failing to help the OP with the process. Oh, I forgot, you haven't done the process lately. You're still married to another woman and can't begin the process of marrying your fiancée of many years. It's the MOB.

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 10:35:17 AM »
You're a UK citizen and failing to help the OP with the process. Oh, I forgot, you haven't done the process lately. You're still married to another woman and can't begin the process of marrying your fiancée of many years. It's the MOB.

I have not used the UK National route to bring in RUSSIANS to the UK - I used the EU Directive re freedom of movement as we had lived in a third EU nation ... hence I am not in the position TO help .

You'll note I don't comment on visa threads relating to US or other nations that I'd have no clue about...

Funnily enough, I rang the UK Family Court to see if V had extracted her digit from the place it was hidden and she HAD - finally - responded to a Court letter - so we are in the queue for a 'Degree Nisi'   - could be EIGHT WEEKS before it comes before a Judge (( 

Thanks you for your 'concern' - but the point is we shouldn't let your inability to refrain from sticking your beak into stuff you are clueless about divert the OPs thread

You STILL won't get an invite to the wedding .... 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 05:58:38 PM »
You'll note I don't comment on visa threads relating to US or other nations that I'd have no clue about...

If your brain worked properly, you would have a clue on interviews pertaining to bringing a woman to the US since you read these forums for years. How many countless posts have you read from US men that said their lady passed their interview? How many posts have you read saying their lady didn't pass? Same with UK blokes. Based off the percentages of passing to failing interviews is easy to figure out. I can't even remember the last time I read a woman not passing her interview. Maybe 2008?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 07:30:47 PM »
But are the interviews the same to get to the UK as they are to the USA ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 07:45:19 PM »

Doesn't really matter if they're the same. Everybody seems to successfully get past them. If the lady has all the documents they ask for which may be a police report, medical exam, permission from father for a child to leave the country, proof of relationship, etc... You mention in your first post you read all the government paperwork on what's required. Follow the directions, there's no reason for the interviewer to not issue a visa.

If you have any questions you can contact the UK Consulate in Kiev.

http://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-kyiv

This post was composed without the aid of google.

Offline jone

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 08:22:22 PM »
One thing I've found in dealing with FSU Women:

If there is bureaucratic hoops they must jump through, jump they will.   The idea that various countries require the father's permission for a VISA application is nothing new.   I find it amazing at how resourceful these FSU ladies are if something like this is the only outstanding condition for travel.   Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 01:06:29 AM »
Sorry I really need a UK view point in 2014 the UK completely changed it's attitude to visas.  What was almost an open door policy is now almost a closed door with every thing highly scrutinised and a fail once fail for ever policy.

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 05:28:39 AM »
Sorry for side tracking your thread. Does anyone know what age a child in Russia can legally make their own decision to move overseas with a parent. At 16 in my country a court will generally side with the child's wishes.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 08:06:51 AM »
What interviews are you talking about?
You should read my post above instead of repeating yourself.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 08:09:20 AM »
Sorry I really need a UK view point in 2014 the UK completely changed it's attitude to visas.  What was almost an open door policy is now almost a closed door with every thing highly scrutinised and a fail once fail for ever policy.
How do you know this? People apply for and get visas for the UK all over the world every day.
Is it difficult? Perhaps, but not insurmountably so.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 08:18:46 AM »

You're a UK citizen that wants to Sponsor a foreign woman to be your wife correct? How is what you said above relate to UK screwing over UK citizens?  Does  she have an interview for a different kind of visa? We can't help you if you're not specific with what is going on.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 08:39:27 AM »
John I read your post.  I have friends that have failed to get their wives into the UK.  I have friends who have got wives in on student visas and married them but no relatives from belarus were given visas to attend the wedding.  I have a friend who married a Ukranian  and has failed to get her in so many times he now has 2 children with her in the ukraine.  These people are people I know and have worked with so please less of you keyboard warrior.  I just want some up to date knowledge of the process.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 09:03:02 AM »
I think when there are children involved in the process that's when the interviews are incurred

Offline msmob

Re: Ukraine to UK visa advice please - if only only BilyB could butt out
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 12:12:49 PM »
Silly BillyB continues to pollute a thread he is clueless about  ,,

[
If your brain worked properly  you would have a clue on interviews pertaining to bringing a woman to the US since you read these forums for years. How many countless posts have you read from US men that said their lady passed their interview? How many posts have you read saying their lady didn't pass? Same with UK blokes. Based off the percentages of passing to failing interviews is easy to figure out. I can't even remember the last time I read a woman not passing her interview. Maybe 2008?

THIS thread is still about the UK and I'm not the only poster pointing out interviews by the UK are rare - NOTHING like the US Visa process

WHY do you keep posting STUPID and proving who's brain is truly malfunctioning ?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:35:57 PM by AnonMod »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 03:08:05 PM »
I think when there are children involved in the process that's when the interviews are incurred
Incorrect.
Let me spell it o u t  f o r y o u.....

NO INTERVIEWS DONE.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 03:13:36 PM »
John I read your post.  I have friends that have failed to get their wives into the UK.  I have friends who have got wives in on student visas and married them but no relatives from belarus were given visas to attend the wedding.  I have a friend who married a Ukranian  and has failed to get her in so many times he now has 2 children with her in the ukraine.  These people are people I know and have worked with so please less of you keyboard warrior.  I just want some up to date knowledge of the process.
You obviously have the wrong kind of friends.
You should ask yourself what it is your friends are getting so wrong in failing to get their wives and families visas.
It’s not rocket science.
I should know, been there and done it, successfully. So I think I can say with a little confidence that I know what I’m talking about.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »

Interviews or no interviews, doesn't matter. Give the government the paperwork they ask for and as long as your woman isn't a terrorist, felon, or carrying a transferable disease, should be easy to get the woman to your country. Failure to provide the government with what they ask means failure. The interview for women coming to the US isn't really an interview but showing up with documents that have been requested yet they call it an interview.

Now it may be on James mind just as it has been on other men's minds that have come here and that they maybe can get away without getting the father's permission for his child/ren to leave the country. Ignoring that step is the easy path to take. If that is what James and his lady are thinking about, then the question should be asked "What are the chances of getting a visa when failing to submit documents that are requested by the government?" It's an easy answer.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
Sounds like the Father will be up for a nice lump sum to ease the process. Either that or send the kid of to join the priesthood ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1869
Total: 1880

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM