It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...


Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!


Author Topic: International relocation of children Ukraine:  (Read 65 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online JayH

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5428
  • Country: au
  • Gender: Male
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Status: Looking > 5 years
  • Trips: > 10
International relocation of children Ukraine:
« on: December 03, 2018, 01:08:52 AM »
Questions about children come up quite often on forum and it should have a specific reference thread dedicated to the topic.
I posted in another thread today -and it occurred to me that it should be easier to find on forum.
The rules/laws do change and recent changes highlight this.
For those with real stories -please contribute here and add to all our knowledge.

International relocation of children in Ukraine: overview

A Q&A guide to international relocation of children in Ukraine.

This Q&A gives a high level overview of matters relating to rights and responsibilities of parents, right to remove, procedure for relocation, dispute resolution in relocation matters, right to appeal, as well as child abduction.

Ukrainian mothers no longer need permits from fathers for short trips

Previously kids travelling with the mother or the father had to have a written permission to leave the country from the second parent. This is no longer necessary. One guardian can take the child overseas without a written document signed by the second parent, if they leave the country for a short period of time.

However, the new rules require the guardian to inform the second parent in writing via registered mail about the forthcoming trip and its particulars. Such information should include the purpose of the visit, the place where the child is going and for how long.

The guardian also has to provide court orders regarding residency of the child and return tickets on the border, reported.

The written permission is not necessary if the child is leaving Ukraine for no longer than for 1 month. Permission to leave temporarily is also unnecessary if the second parent hasn’t paid child support for 4 months. In cases where the child is seriously ill, 3-month debt of alimony allows the mother to get a waiver.

Minor children leaving abroad

In accordance with article 2 “On procedure of leaving and entering Ukraine by the citizens of Ukraine”, minor citizens of Ukraine can leave Ukraine upon availability of the passport of the citizen of Ukraine, diplomatic passport, service passport, child’s travel document, which is issued to children aged up to eighteen years or if they are included in the passport of one of the parents and are accompanied by one of them.

In accordance with section 4 of “Rules for crossing the state border by the citizens of Ukraine” approved by the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 57 dd. January 27, 1995 (as revised by the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 724 dd. August 25, 2010), citizens, who have not reached the age of 16 years, accompanied by one of the parents or other individuals authorized by one of the parents in the notarized written consent, are allowed to leave Ukraine upon providing:

1) notarized written consent from the other parent, where they must state destination country and period of stay in that country if such parent is not present at the check point ;

2) without notarized written consent from the other parent:

if the other parent is a foreigner or a person without citizenship, which is proved by the record about parent in the child’s birth certificate and who is not present at the check point;
if there is a record about changing place of residence to a permanent place of residence outside of Ukraine or a note on a permanent consular registration in diplomatic mission or consular institution of Ukraine abroad in the passport of the citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad, with whom a citizen, who has not reached the age of 16, crosses the state border or in a travel document of a child;
in case of submission of documents or their notarized copies:
– death certificate of the other parent;

– court decision declaring deprivation of parental rights of the other parent;

– court decision declaring the other parent missing;

– court decision declaring the other parent legally incompetent;

– court decision on granting the citizen, who has not reached the age of 16, permission to leave Ukraine without consent and unaccompanied by the other parent;

– reference on child’s birth issued by the Registration Office with an indication of the reasons for including information about father in accordance with paragraph 1 article 135 of the Family Code of Ukraine (when a child is leaving abroad accompanied by single mother)

Travel abroad by minor children - citizens of Ukraine


If the child cannot obtain permission to travel abroad because of the unwillingness of the second parent, it is possible to go to court and get the appropriate decision. It should be understood that the trial may be delayed. So, you should not go to court before the planned trip, but as early as possible, so that the decision should be already entered into force at the time of crossing the border.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:25:49 AM by JayH »
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine


+-RWD Stats

Total Members: 9874
Latest: tracebann
New This Month: 11
New This Week: 3
New Today: 2
Total Posts: 473829
Total Topics: 19053
Most Online Today: 1200
Most Online Ever: 2480
(November 01, 2018, 05:22:05 PM)
Users Online
Members: 37
Guests: 1096
Total: 1133

+-Recent Posts

Re: Cannabis.. yes or no by tracebann
Today at 11:01:43 PM

Re: She's into Sport by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:44:21 PM

Losmachen Online Dating Dienst in Germany by JurgenMer
Today at 08:56:41 PM

Re: She's into Sport by msmob
Today at 08:51:13 PM

Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent? by msmob
Today at 08:47:09 PM

Kostenlos Online Dating Dienst in Frankreich by JurgenMer
Today at 08:45:41 PM

She's into Sport by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:54:10 PM

Re: First trip to Russia by DCcowboy
Today at 07:18:05 PM

Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent? by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:10:19 PM

Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent? by DaveNY
Today at 07:08:12 PM

Powered by EzPortal