It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: TexasBoar = that new guy  (Read 4848 times)

Offline TexasBoar

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
TexasBoar = that new guy
« on: August 17, 2006, 03:53:52 PM »
First, great idea! I was wondering where to say "hi."  ;)

I'm in my late 40's and live in South Texas.  I've been divorced about a dozen years now, after being married to an exotic dancer for about 5 years . . . 3 of those pretty good, 2 of 'em awfully weird.  Dancers are ALL totally insane, btw.

I've been vaguely aware of "MOB"/introduction agencies like Cherry Blossoms and AnastasiaWeb for . . . well, for a long time.  Guess I first ran across some websites back when a 28 baud modem and 386 CPU were hot stuff!  ::)

Earlier this year, on an unrelated forum I admin, a woman I otherwise mostly like made a really crass joke about women not marrying because "there was no need to buy the whole PIG when all you wanted was a little SAUSAGE."  (*lovely*) Anyway, I posted a link to the first Russian brides site that came up on Google, with the riposte that she was keeping people like them in business with attitudes like that!

But I'm a curious sort, so I actually looked at the site (scammer) and then at some more, and then found some forums . . . I get like that.  I've dated women from Germany, Mexico, Korea, and Guam over the years, and they've largely been a profound relief and welcome change of pace, but I've only dated them when they were already HERE.

Still, all this intrigues me.  And frankly, having never had children, the idea that meeting and marrying a woman young enough to have children with is . . . attractive.  Which is why I'm still reading.

In the "con" column, the obstacles I see are that I'm heavily tattooed, I follow a non-traditional, pre-xtian folk religion, and, as a teacher, I don't mind admitting I seem to be at the low end of the income scale for this.  Not at the "you're dreaming" level, mind you, but definitely in the "spend carefully and wisely" zone.  But I am intrigued.

Oh, and yeah . . . my friends really DO call me Boar.  At least I hope that's how they're spelling it!  :P

~Boar

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: TexasBoar = that new guy
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 04:39:32 PM »
I've been divorced about a dozen years now, after being married to an exotic dancer for about 5 years . . .  3 of those pretty good, 2 of 'em awfully weird. Dancers are ALL totally insane, btw.
Are you aware of the fact that many FSUW take belly-dancing lessons ? I saw one even doing the weekly show in a Red Sea resort a couple of years ago. Watch out, history has a way of repeating itself ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline TexasBoar

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 05:45:22 PM »
Heh.

The first woman to really, really, REALLY catch my eye on the AFA website is wearing, not a belly-dancing outfit, but full-on, full tilt boogie stripper's threads.

I'm fargin' hopeless.  And doomed.  ::)

~Boar

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 11:42:35 AM »
In the "con" column, the obstacles I see are that I'm heavily tattooed, I follow a non-traditional, pre-xtian folk religion, and, as a teacher, I don't mind admitting I seem to be at the low end of the income scale for this. 
As far as the income issue, it can be done if you are able to stash away some money before her arrival. You will spend a small fortune with USCIS-DHS. Don't know about the issues with tattoos and religion.

Offline prince_alfie

• Welcome to the Iao PROJECTS, my art gallery.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 12:37:26 PM »
Saving money is wise here. I would definitely recommend it especially before going to Russia.
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline TexasBoar

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 03:45:34 PM »
As far as the income issue, it can be done if you are able to stash away some money before her arrival. You will spend a small fortune with USCIS-DHS. Don't know about the issues with tattoos and religion.

The tattoo issue I've read a few threads here and there on . . . it may be a deal-breaker with some, a deal-maker with others (I've seen two profiles that specifically mention "body art" and "body ink" as interests) but it definitely seems to be less popular/accepted there.  On the other hand, my Basque lover from Mexico hated my tattoos, but loved me.  It can happen. *shrug*

Religion's a funny thing and usually a pretty touchy topic . . . I don't date Baptists HERE either, lol, but one thing that's struck me in reading the archives is how much some of the "folk customs" among Russian Orthodox resemble what I follow.  There actually ARE several Rus/Slav syncretic "cousins" of my faith being actively practiced in Russia, comes to that . . . but like the tattoo issue, it seems a bit "needle in a haystack" to be actively seeking them out.  Atheists are probably a safer bet!

I mean . . . they'll think my "way" is silly, but no sillier than any other.  ::)

~Boar

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541647
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1531