It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Breonna Taylor  (Read 402 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Breonna Taylor
« on: September 15, 2020, 03:26:01 PM »
I searched to see if the name came up in a thread and it doesn't ...So apologies if I'm in the 'wrong' by starting a new thread

Until Sunday, I'd never heard of her,until Lewis Hamilton - the soon to be ( hopefully) 7 time world Champ of F1 wore a t-shirt at prize-giving Arrest the Officers who shot Breonne Taylor

The FIA announced they would investigate the wearing of the t-shirt, but within 12 hours, announced no further action

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54165646

Now I see her parents got !the largest financial sum paid in a police misconduct case in the city's history, according to the Louisville Courier Journal. "

$12m

Banning 'No knock warrants' seems to be a wise move..

Police in the UK would be finished if trying such a stunt..

We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online BillyB

• Good Story
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Breonna Taylor
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 05:02:29 PM »
Banning 'No knock warrants' seems to be a wise move..

You're a victim of fake news. The police in Breonna's case knocked on the door. In earlier drug busts, they no knocked and arrested 5 people in one house. The one house they decided to knock gave the occupants enough time to get a gun and shoot a cop in the leg. No knock in many instances are better for everybody's safety and they must get approved by judges. Since Breonna and her boyfriend didn't answer the door after the knock, the cops had to bust the door down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54165646

Now I see her parents got !the largest financial sum paid in a police misconduct case in the city's history, according to the Louisville Courier Journal. "

$12m

Sometimes liberal led cities would rather pay off family members than risk riots that are more expensive. The media puts out fake news to get people worked up to riot. Your article said a grand jury will review the cops actions. That means citizens will review the evidence and determine if the cops committed a crime. I'm sure they will be found innocent. Cops are asked to do a dangerous job. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't looking to kill minorities by way of busting down people's doors which could get them shot. They are wanting to get rid of drug rings which degrades society. Drug dealers color of skin is not a factor on whether or not they get shut down.

Breonna wasn't an angel. She was involved with people who committed crimes often. A few years ago she lost her government job after being involved in illegal activity. Ex Officer in the video below does a good job exposing all the thugs BLM want to martyr. For Breonna's case, he breaks down evidence a grand jury will get to see. It's the evidence the media hides from their readers because they want to manipulate the minds of people so we will push for changes the way the liberal media sees fit. If you're really interested in truth about Breonna, watch the video and go to the guy's website for additional evidence. The people who are fighting for justice for Breonna are ignorant. There's enough facts on the internet to where we don't have to be ignorant.

Do your part to limit the spread of COVID-19

Online mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 07:28:51 PM »
It's not fake news in any way Billy. The police were issued and used a no-knock warrant to gain entry into Breonna's apartment. Do a little research.

The detective who applied for the no-knock warrant that resulted in the police death of Breonna Taylor has now been reassigned, authorities said late Wednesday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/breonna-taylor-case-detective-reassigned-applying-knock-warrant/story?id=71192752

Ms. Taylor, 26, an emergency medical technician, was killed by the police on March 13, after three officers used a no-knock warrant to enter her apartment with a battering ram

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/us/breonna-taylor-law-passed.html

In the United States, a no-knock warrant is a warrant issued by a judge that allows law enforcement to enter a property without immediate prior notification of the residents, such as by knocking or ringing a doorbell. In most cases, law enforcement will identify themselves just before they forcefully enter the property.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-knock_warrant
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 07:54:03 PM by mhr7 »
“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us”    James Mattis

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 09:11:35 PM »
The police were issued and used a no-knock warrant to gain entry into Breonna's apartment. Do a little research.

It's apparent you believe the fake news media after what I just showed you. Even Breonna's Boyfriend who shot the cop said they knocked on the door before entering by force.

At around 12:40 a.m., officers began to bang on Taylor's door, setting into the motion the events that led to her death.

"Laying in bed, there's a loud knock at the door," Taylor’s boyfriend Kenneth Walker described what he first heard to police hours after the shooting.

Walker told police he and Taylor were in bed, watching a movie, when it started. The detectives say they knocked on the door multiple times.

"Knocked on the door, banged on it, we didn’t announce the first couple because our intent was not to hit the door, our intent was to give her plenty of time to come to the door because they said she was probably there alone," Mattingly said.

http://www.whas11.com/article/news/investigations/breonna-taylor-case/breonna-taylor-timeline-death-investigation/417-1b3038f9-50a9-4dae-adfc-6ede31f41657

Also in the article you can read a judge gave them warrants on 5 properties. The cops had no problem executing no knocks on the other properties. The one time they decided to knock gave the thugs time to arm themselves.

Online msmob

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:23:41 PM »
$12m suggests BillyB is in denial mode?
We'll be back, EU ..and as a certain 'gentleman' couldn't accept my offer to 'bury the hatchet' .. Don't trust a clueless Californian 'business owner' who cannot even quote me, honestly ..

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 09:33:58 PM »

I got $100 saying those police will be found innocent of any wrongdoing. You got $100 saying something different?

Online msmob

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 11:38:07 PM »
I got $100 saying those police will be found innocent of any wrongdoing. You got $100 saying something different?

You are already going to lose $100 to me re the Floyd case .

As one policeman has already been fired one can say you lost, already ..

Your 'bet' shows all that is wrong about US 'justice,' if you are so confident . 

I'm 'sticking' with the Floyd case ..you'll thank me, later

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 07:13:00 AM »
As one policeman has already been fired one can say you lost, already ..

So you don't have $100 saying the Louisville police are guilty. Recently across America police have been quickly fired after a death of a black person. Lawsuits by the fired police officers are happening because they were not given due process. The quick firing of officers by of cities is going to cost them and their taxpayers when the police officers win a settlement or in court. The cities prefer to please the mob who says the cops are guilty and need to be hung right away. That's the Democratic way of doing things and leadership for you.

Online mhr7

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 08:17:05 AM »
How did the police get into the apartment Billy? Did someone answer the door or did the police force it open?
“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us”    James Mattis

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 08:57:31 AM »
How did the police get into the apartment Billy? Did someone answer the door or did the police force it open?

I posted a video and even wrote what happened here. After the police knocked multiple times and the suspects didn't answer, they busted the door down. They have a court order that allows them forced entry.

If's funny to see liberals take the Breonna situation to use in their crusade to ban no knock warrants when in fact a no knock warrant wasn't used. If lying to the public works to make change, then why not, right? The end justifies the means.

A knock was used that gave time for the suspects to arm themselves and shoot a cop. The no knock warrants that were used earlier that day were all successful since nobody got hurt and the bad guys got arrested but the media and liberals don't want to talk about the reasons no knock warrants against dangerous suspects are a good thing. You guys have no idea how to police yet you want to change all the rules for cops that give the bad guys more advantages and put cops in greater danger.

Online msmob

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 09:27:25 AM »
BillyB,

Explain why the family got a $12m payout and why no know warrants are suspended, if everything about the incident was 'kosher' ?

The only reason I'll not be betting is not the clear culpability of the law enforcement officers ...

I'll let you work it out ...

Online Gator

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 09:38:41 AM »

Explain why the family got a $12m payout and why no know warrants are suspended, if everything about the incident was 'kosher' ?

First, please explain why this tragic incident concerns an Irishman who in all likelihood will never take a future trip to America.

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 09:41:30 AM »
BillyB,

I told you in post #2. The Democratic leadership wants to appease the mob in hopes they don't destroy their city. They also want the mob's votes. The city could've fought in court and let a jury decide if the police actions were just instead of settling. The knee jerk reaction of banning no knocks by the city is to appease the mob too. If I were a cop in Louisville and was told to go arrest a half dozen bad guys who have a violent history in their house but due to new rules, I had to knock and give them warning I'm at the door first, I'd refuse to work in that city and look for another job.

I suspect in the next few years with Democratic leadership defunding police and rewriting the rules for cops which ties their hands, we'll see crime skyrocket in their cities. It's easy to predict the future since the future came quickly. Already over 160 CEOs wrote to NYC mayor and begged him to crack down on crime and improve quality of life. The mayor has to choose between increasing cops to decrease crime or appease the mob by keeping his promise of defunding the NY police department by a billion dollars.

http://nypost.com/2020/09/10/new-york-ceos-demand-mayor-de-blasio-to-fix-citys-plague-of-crime/

Online msmob

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 09:48:00 AM »
First, please explain why this tragic incident concerns an Irishman who in all likelihood will never take a future trip to America.

In reverse order: Why would you suggest so.. ? We have friends in the US and I'd like to sail there..   Naturally, not presently.  Having an idiot leader doesn't preclude me visiting other nations ;)

Are you so ashamed of your nation that you feel others cannot comment ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54169732

America's reputation among some allies has fallen to its lowest point in nearly two decades, according to a global survey.

The findings of the Pew Research Center poll reflect public perceptions of the US in 13 countries.

Positive views of the US has fallen to a median of 34% across the countries surveyed, and only 16% confidence in President Trump.

An overwhelming majority - 84%- said the US has handled coronavirus badly.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:41:24 AM by msmob »

Online Gator

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 01:13:35 PM »
In reverse order: Why would you suggest so.. ? We have friends in the US and I'd like to sail there..   Naturally, not presently.  Having an idiot leader doesn't preclude me visiting other nations ;)

Are you so ashamed of your nation that you feel others cannot comment ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54169732

America's reputation among some allies has fallen to its lowest point in nearly two decades, according to a global survey.

The findings of the Pew Research Center poll reflect public perceptions of the US in 13 countries.

Positive views of the US has fallen to a median of 34% across the countries surveyed, and only 16% confidence in President Trump.

An overwhelming majority - 84%- said the US has handled coronavirus badly.

Look at what you write - none of it has anything to do with Breonna Taylor. 

Two suggestions for you:

1.  If you believe all that you write bout the US, stay away from Americans.   

2.  And if you still somehow decide to visit America, do not associate yourself with anyone who could be selling controlled substances.   

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 07:13:03 PM »

Minneapolis City Council Members Complain of Rising Crime although they defunded cops and call for their abolishment. Citizens complaining the cops are nowhere to be found. Murders and other violent and petty crime have skyrocketed. Council members said officers have told residents cops are overworked and understaffed. Many cops quit. After the Breonna Taylor incident and Democratic solutions that will tie the hands of police, Louisville can expect skyrocketing crime.

http://news.yahoo.com/minneapolis-city-council-members-complain-160731296.html

The good news is Minneapolis is working on a new transformative way of performing public safety. They already took a million dollars from the police department to hire "violence interrupters" that are designed to stop the violence so that police don't have to be called on because you know, the cops can be a little rough handing those thugs. Violence interrupters will use calming words to de-escalate the situation. I hope 911 operators give people an option for a cop instead violence interrupter. Video below is a leaked training video for Minneapolis's new public safety officials. People in the 80's seen the future.

Online Gator

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 07:22:47 PM »
Another funny clip Billy. 

Online mhr7

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 07:31:48 PM »
They have a court order that allows them forced ent3ry.

And it's called a no knock warrant.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 08:10:17 PM »
And it's called a no knock warrant.

It wasn't a no-knock warrant. The police did knock. Taylor was awake and did not answer the door. You should watch Billy's earlier clip

Online mhr7

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 08:29:39 PM »
It wasn't a no-knock warrant. The police did knock. Taylor was awake and did not answer the door. You should watch Billy's earlier clip

I understand they knocked but they were issued a no knock warrant. They didn't have to knock.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 09:43:54 PM »
I understand they knocked but they were issued a no knock warrant. They didn't have to knock.

But they did. It doesn't make her any less guilty, the warrant less effective or contributing to the reason they were there in the first place. She wasn't the innocent soul she's been portrayed

Online msmob

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 09:59:49 PM »
Look at what you write - none of it has anything to do with Breonna Taylor. 

It was in response to YOUR very specific question ?   :rolleyes:

Two suggestions for you:

1.  If you believe all that you write bout the US, stay away from Americans.   

*I* wrote about the state of US politics, governance and legislation...not Americans ... If the survey 'upset' you..it should ..

2.  And if you still somehow decide to visit America, do not associate yourself with anyone who could be selling controlled substances.   

I visit lots of countries where I don't approve of the governance and currently live in one.  You are coming across like a 'patriotic' Putin supporter, in Russia... 

There's a LOT wrong in your nation and ( oe of ) mine, but yours kills a LOT more suspects during arrests

Online Gator

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 06:10:10 AM »

Argumentus ad infinitum

I asked "why Breonna," thinking maybe you wanted to know more about America and Americans.

Your answer says this is just another potshot from a bored, irascible liberal from across the pond. 

If truly interested in America, ask about the Big Ten's decision yesterday.  A 1000x more Americans are talking about the Big Ten than Breonna. 

Online msmob

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 06:26:43 AM »

I asked "why Breonna," thinking maybe you wanted to know more about America and Americans.

Your answer says this is just another potshot from a bored, irascible liberal from across the pond. 

If truly interested in America, ask about the Big Ten's decision yesterday.  A 1000x more Americans are talking about the Big Ten than Breonna.

Dear Gator,

I are 'we' allowed attribute words /  misquote ?))

Your last sentence spoke volumes...

Luckily, in the world outside your vision of normal, a sportsman that is internationally renowned highlighted what you considered unimportant....

Edited to add

Our wee Rory ( from N.Ireland, my home town and same school)  is up there in your Open
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:51:35 AM by msmob »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8769
Latest: HansSr
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 3
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 513437
Total Topics: 19879
Most Online Today: 1759
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 32
Guests: 1700
Total: 1732

+-Recent Posts

Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent? by Rosco
Today at 03:09:21 AM

Re: Operation White Panther by Patagonie
Today at 03:05:43 AM

Re: Operation White Panther by Patagonie
Today at 02:46:24 AM

Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China) by Confederate
Yesterday at 11:50:31 PM

Yesterday at 11:45:42 PM

Yesterday at 11:35:10 PM

Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:27:18 PM

Re: Brexit good, bad or indifferent? by BillyB
Yesterday at 11:00:29 PM

Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China) by BillyB
Yesterday at 10:36:15 PM

FAKE PASSPORT FOR SALE, FRANCE, CANADA, GERMANY, SWITZERLAND, BELGIUM, SPAIN by FlanderX
Yesterday at 09:58:08 PM