It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine ???  (Read 151 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine ???
« on: March 23, 2020, 04:11:28 PM »

Wife has a close relative living in Kyiv.  30 yr old, with wife, and 2 boys 6 yrs and younger.
He is a Veterinarian and owns very successful clinic with 49 yr old partner.
They have a staff of around 10 and are all healthy and under age 30, except for the partner.
He, the wife, and both boys have gone through illness for past 2 months that he now believes was Corona.  All of the staff also have gone through this and survived.
He wasn’t the first at his clinic to become sick.
One staff member is now in hospital and has tested positive for Corona strengthening idea that they did have Corona.  He is doing fairly well.
Wife just heard about this positive test for Corona today.
None were tested before, because no testing available.
Wife told this man 3 weeks or so ago when he was sick that he should close his clinic.
He became very angry at this suggestion, and a couple of days later Ukrainian government asked the vet clinics to not close.

I don’t know what to think.
Winston Churchill.  “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

Online Patagonie

• >20 travels along the slavic earth
Re: A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine ???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 04:14:24 PM »
Who cheats on who?
Read : "Operation white panther"
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 04:16:43 PM »
Who cheats on who?

Pat, I don't understand your comment.
Winston Churchill.  “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

Online Patagonie

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 04:23:59 PM »
humor on "it seems to be that there are many cross relationships in this company, because all people got sick" humor off.
No intention to offense you or your relatives ML. Excuse my maybe dark humor.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online BillyB

• Good Story
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 04:29:01 PM »

My MIL is in Ivano Frankivsk and everything not essential is closed. She doesn't want to come back to America yet and she is fine if she has to stay there many more months.
Do your part to limit the spread of COVID-19

Online Patagonie

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 04:52:29 PM »
My MIL is in Ivano Frankivsk and everything not essential is closed. She doesn't want to come back to America yet and she is fine if she has to stay there many more months.
I think that the best is to avoid any travels right now.
Imagine you land in a quarantine area for 3 weeks
The number of cases of the Diamond Princess ship was 25% in two weeks, so if you really want to get the CV try this type of adventure!

Offline ML

Re: A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine - - - now bad !!
« Reply #6 on: Today at 07:25:32 PM »

Wife has a close relative living in Kyiv.  30 yr old, with wife, and 2 boys 6 yrs and younger.
He is a Veterinarian and owns very successful clinic with 49 yr old partner.
They have a staff of around 10 and are all healthy and under age 30, except for the partner.
He, the wife, and both boys have gone through illness for past 2 months that he now believes was Corona.  All of the staff also have gone through this and survived.
He wasn’t the first at his clinic to become sick.
One staff member is now in hospital and has tested positive for Corona strengthening idea that they did have Corona.  He is doing fairly well.
Wife just heard about this positive test for Corona today.
None were tested before, because no testing available.
My wife told this man 3 weeks or so ago when he was sick that he should close his clinic.
He became very angry at this suggestion, and a couple of days later Ukrainian government asked the vet clinics to not close.

I don’t know what to think.

A bad update to the above.  The 17 year old brother of the wife of veterinarian noted above often visited the clinic just to hang out.

He now has been in hospital in serious condition for a week or so.
No real determination, but they think his immune system is attacking itself, or some such.

Cost is running $200 a day and parents have run out of money.

Ochka tells me that we are going to pay for his care.

I agreed.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 10011
Latest: russianprince1
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 502155
Total Topics: 19608
Most Online Today: 1846
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 33
Guests: 1656
Total: 1689

+-Recent Posts

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by BillyB
Today at 08:09:28 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by krimster2
Today at 08:05:48 PM

Re: A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine - - - now bad !! by ML
Today at 07:25:32 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:17:42 PM

Re: Trying to control elderly parents in Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 05:51:45 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by Trenchcoat
Today at 05:41:44 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by GQBlues
Today at 05:02:46 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by LAman
Today at 04:01:02 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by SteveInBoston
Today at 03:55:30 PM

Re: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far? by GQBlues
Today at 03:42:26 PM