It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kavanaugh is done now  (Read 1524 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Kavanaugh is done now
« Reply #75 on: Yesterday at 11:15:15 AM »
GQ,

I agree there is probably little that can be done prosecuting the crimes committed back then which could include assault, sexual assault, unlawful restraint, conspiracy and probably a host of other felonies and misdemeanors.  I'm assuming he was a minor at the time and statute of limitations have long run out. Yeah, they were kids in a time where such was blown off or swept under the rug.  The same incident today would likely have vastly different results, sending him to juvenile court as a minimum.  But I don't think that's the point.  Ford simply felt compelled to voice her story regarding his character.  Turn the political tables and the same would have happened.

Hhhmmm, I don't know about that, BC. Back in the '80s, such teenage transgressions were harshly punished, too.

They even did a documentary as shown below to prove that. Many did some serious hard times for attempting to do *field biology lab experiments* on Friday nights.

"...and these children that you spit on
as they try to change their world....
are immune to your consulations, they're
quite aware of what they're going through..."

~ David Bowie

The '80s was a decade that was so tough on teenagers, you know. What a 'decade'! Rock me Amadeus, indeed!

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:20:53 AM by GQBlues »
My wonderful rebuttal to the Prague Sprint thread is now *relocated* again (being actively hidden, lol) in *Anything Goes* section, titled: Willy Waving. Hurry before they delete it altogether. LMAO! Enjoy.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: Yesterday at 11:33:07 AM »
Yes, rather strange that the accused is asked to testify first.

If forced to do this, Kavanagh should just say one thing, and then quit.

"I didn't do anything."
I still like Ike.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: Yesterday at 11:33:14 AM »
GQ,

I am against such as the 'war on drugs', mandatory sentencing, and no tolerance policies, also against bumping up teens to adult status.  We've all been there and done that.  And yes, it's often a rough period of life, often brushing up against limits to learn where they are.

We'll just have to see where this Kavanaugh / Ford situation goes or not next week.  Let 'em speak their mind, be heard by open minds, and move on accordingly.

Offline BC

« Reply #78 on: Yesterday at 11:36:32 AM »

"I didn't do anything."

Which under oath, could have devastating results in the future if it's not completely truthful. 

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #79 on: Yesterday at 12:05:07 PM »
Actually ironic that one of the emphasized term Brett used during the confirmation hearing was 'precedence' during the times he was fired upon with questions how or what he'll lean on when he becomes a justice to the highest court in the land.

This case - nearly 40-years old, somewhat ambiguous at best - could set a historic new precedence how significant once considered innocuous events in all our lives will be treated in the future.

This whole thing gives me a strange feeling of a cat chasing its tail - round and round we go. The pursuit of growth is to regress.
My wonderful rebuttal to the Prague Sprint thread is now *relocated* again (being actively hidden, lol) in *Anything Goes* section, titled: Willy Waving. Hurry before they delete it altogether. LMAO! Enjoy.

Offline BC

« Reply #80 on: Yesterday at 12:19:17 PM »
GQ,

I see the situation actually getting worse now that every word we email or post, every photo and major event in our lives is easily available online including being able to check someone's DNA to find other shady figures in the family, or genetic profiles and deficiencies.

Strange new world indeed.

Online BillyB

• Good Story
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #81 on: Yesterday at 10:14:35 PM »
Yes, rather strange that the accused is asked to testify first.

If forced to do this, Kavanagh should just say one thing, and then quit.

"I didn't do anything."

Ford's special interest paid attorneys are expecting Kavanaugh to say he didn't do anything. They are paid very well to create a plan to delay this past the elections. I wonder what tricks they have up their sleeves? After they make more accusations, will Kavanaugh be able to have the last word with a response?
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9808
Latest: cpvwlv
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 480900
Total Topics: 18911
Most Online Today: 1039
Most Online Ever: 2127